Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:49:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 [665] 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:03:23 PM

Me and Thirtybird have extensive experience with n factor coins...he is the yacminer dev and I've been mining yacoin for ages, as well as UTC and others.

I can post settings for all cards, but we already have the conf file generator thirtybird developed in the op.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mottsimon

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:04:21 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 03:15:42 PM by mottsimon

have invested in Ultracoin. I go to download the wallet from http://ultracoin.net/wallet.html and it doesn't work... Whoever is in charge isn't doing a very good job are they... Also Reddit page... last post 17 days ago. Thinking about dumping my coins because without a wallet that works whats the use...

And just to add... Putting everything on Bitcoin forum for this coin isnt the way to go. You all should be over the reddit page where newcomers see an active coin not a ghost town....Otherwise how does one intend on building a community on a thread. I've posted over there so that people don;t see a 17 day old post at the top of the page.
ultrasmart

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:05:32 PM

UTC PUMP EASY GOING

Okay lets make a new pact as great community Smiley im doing this with PaulR.
And hopefully some people will join here!

On CT you can buy UTC up to 0,00015 easily with 1,8 BTC on cryptsy you need more then 10.

Step 1: Together ad european time around 8 a clock at night lets buy from the sell side on CT.
Step 2: At that moment lets start with spamming cryptsy again from look at CT and cryptsy will follow in a second
Step 3: Keep on spamming and we get the pump to 0,00020 again!

SO WHO WILL JOIN PAULR AND ME ON THIS Huh
[/color]

I will try to assist but I am at work...

Please keep keep a note of all of the negative feedback you get from others while promoting UTC.  If we can gain some insight as to the FUD people are spreading and the general reasons that people have for being hesitant to invest, we can bring those thoughts back here and develop answers and solutions.  Sometimes when promoting, you will get some negative feedback that you do not have a quick response or argument on hand to retort.  The community can assist with this and we will be better prepared in the future.

A recent example: Someone stated in the trollbox, "I like UTC but the block times are too fast and cause too many orphans."  

How would you all respond to this statement?

"Sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts," (Merriam-Webster).
reverse02

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:08:46 PM

true the WIN wallet file seems to be broken .. when extracting it
the mirror worked for me then ... but it was un-chilling - tried several times
ivanlabrie

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:12:31 PM

UTC PUMP EASY GOING

On CT you can buy UTC up to 0,00015 easily with 1,8 BTC on cryptsy you need more then 10.

Step 1: Together ad european time around 8 a clock at night lets buy from the sell side on CT.
Step 2: At that moment lets start with spamming cryptsy again from look at CT and cryptsy will follow in a second

[/color]

Please keep keep a note of all of the negative feedback you get from others while promoting UTC.  If we can gain some insight as to the FUD people are spreading and the general reasons that people have for being hesitant to invest, we can bring those thoughts back here and develop answers and solutions.  Sometimes when promoting, you will get some negative feedback that you do not have a quick response or argument on hand to retort.  The community can assist with this and we will be better prepared in the future.

A recent example: Someone stated in the trollbox, "I like UTC but the block times are too fast and cause too many orphans."  

That orphan problem happened to all fast block coins...not sure what's the fix. (if it even exists)
untalented

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:15:13 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 03:33:41 PM by untalented

Before I add this information,  is this archive for script mining or X11 ?

Settings for X11

https://mega.co.nz/#!QgpS0ZBA!aH5_1oADu8i00tc5r6i6bj4D1XtnzVNeMmKAkDyLsH4

Why the need for a download?

Why?

We know you are very smart in many things.
I post on 676 page this forum, my ready settings for X11 and scrypt coins to mine on UTCmultipool.com for newbie miners.
Many miners asking for settings or searching answer lost time, now they can just download from the links miner with ready settings.
Only need to register, put in the optimal scrypt worker name and password.
Thats bad idea?

ultrasmart

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:17:58 PM

Me and Thirtybird have extensive experience with n factor coins...he is the yacminer dev and I've been mining yacoin for ages, as well as UTC and others.

I can post settings for all cards, but we already have the conf file generator thirtybird developed in the op.

I am aware of that.  Has it been found to be fairly successful?  Any issues, I remember hearing some at first but haven't utilized it myself.

It seems that an experienced miner would be able to search the forum and other resources to come up with solutions to any of their problems.  I guess what I was thinking was a one stop shop.  A summary of information that is very easy to find and easy to navigate.  I would also like to see ultracoin.net used more so we can slowly transfer traffic to that site rather than bitcointalk.  

Also, I am concerned about novice miners.  IMO, I think it would be great to provide this information in such a "UTC Mining for Dummys" type of way that a brand new miner who just got his rig built (or is attempting to build their first one) can visit the mining info location and be up and running with no issues.  

UTC profitability being so high, it is going to be natural for people to look into it.  I would love to see the impact it would have if they also found UTC to be the most user friendly mining community in existence.  This news would spread like wildfire to other new potential miners.  

As always, I think it is best to take a step back from what we think is simple (because we have experience) and start to think like someone who found out about crypto yesterday.  This will expand our audience and community as a whole.  Currently, I find very few cryptos are targeting newcomers -which is completely stupid.  Crypto experts and OGs make up quite a small population.

"Sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts," (Merriam-Webster).
ultrasmart

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:22:02 PM

have invested in Ultracoin. I go to download the wallet from http://ultracoin.net/wallet.html and it doesn't work... Whoever is in charge isn't doing a very good job are they... Also Reddit page... last post 17 days ago. Thinking about dumping my coins because without a wallet that works whats the use...

And just to add... Putting everything on Bitcoin forum for this coin isnt the way to go. You all should be over the reddit page where newcomers see an active coin not a ghost town....Otherwise how does one intend on building a community on a thread. I've posted over there so that people don;t see a 17 day old post at the top of the page.

Thanks for the feedback.  It will not be ignored. 

-Community, can we get this guy some wallet assistance?

untalented

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:27:06 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  It will not be ignored. 

-Community, can we get this guy some wallet assistance?
WORKING NOW
Sylon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:31:15 PM

Is there anyone who is mining on multipool with Scrypt or x11 rigs ?
ivanlabrie

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:48:54 PM

I am aware of that.  Has it been found to be fairly successful?  Any issues, I remember hearing some at first but haven't utilized it myself.

It seems that an experienced miner would be able to search the forum and other resources to come up with solutions to any of their problems.  I guess what I was thinking was a one stop shop.  A summary of information that is very easy to find and easy to navigate.  I would also like to see ultracoin.net used more so we can slowly transfer traffic to that site rather than bitcointalk. 

Also, I am concerned about novice miners.  IMO, I think it would be great to provide this information in such a "UTC Mining for Dummys" type of way that a brand new miner who just got his rig built (or is attempting to build their first one) can visit the mining info location and be up and running with no issues. 

UTC profitability being so high, it is going to be natural for people to look into it.  I would love to see the impact it would have if they also found UTC to be the most user friendly mining community in existence.  This news would spread like wildfire to other new potential miners. 

As always, I think it is best to take a step back from what we think is simple (because we have experience) and start to think like someone who found out about crypto yesterday.  This will expand our audience and community as a whole.  Currently, I find very few cryptos are targeting newcomers -which is completely stupid.  Crypto experts and OGs make up quite a small population.

I agree, it might be a good idea, we can work together with untalented and the devs and staff to pull that off.

Before I add this information,  is this archive for script mining or X11 ?

Settings for X11

https://mega.co.nz/#!QgpS0ZBA!aH5_1oADu8i00tc5r6i6bj4D1XtnzVNeMmKAkDyLsH4

Why the need for a download?

Why?

We know you are very smart in many things.
I post on 676 page this forum, my ready settings for X11 and scrypt coins to mine on UTCmultipool.com for newbie miners.
Many miners asking for settings or searching answer lost time, now they can just download from the links miner with ready settings.
Only need to register, put in the optimal scrypt worker name and password.
Thats bad idea?

Oh, it wasn't crystal clear...if it's a miner download yeah it could be a good idea, but I'd like to keep the software downloads from third party sources to a minimum. If the yacminer developer or the utc devs post the downloads then I'll support you 100%.
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:50:45 PM

Not trying to be negative but I have tried the config generator and it never gave me a working file for UTC. I even tried using the settings the generator gave me in the working conf file I already had. Still didn't work. That could another reason people are turned off.

As for the people complaining about the price, with the exception of the occasional P&D most, if not all alts will be stuck until the price of BTC recovers.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
cointradero

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:00:57 PM

UTC PUMP EASY GOING

[/color]

Don't you kind of find a coordinated effort to raise the price in the short-term and then manipulating the price on other exchanges by pretending that coordinated attempt is more than just an unsustainable pump a bit shady?  You can't build long-term value that way and all it does is alienate the people that bought in during your falsely create euphoria.  And why do you want to create this short-term value if not just to sell it off while it's high.  Price fluxuations without the proposition of value exists purely for those that want to play the day trading game.  

If that's where you guys want to go with this coin fine, there are plenty of them out there like that right now that do just fine.  The only discussion in those forums is about price as that's all that anyone cares about -- that and volume.  At the end of the day, they will all be dumped as the new high volume coin that is being pumped takes over.  Lasting value will be dependent upon the utility of any given coin.  The alt-coin craze won't last forever.  Either position yourself as something useful and hope for the best or play the pump and dump game and hope others want to play with your coin when they join in.  But it's hard to be both.  

The changes that have been made recently seem to be trying to tackle both fronts and all you are effectively doing is making the bagholders more entrenched and scaring others away.  

The block reward change doesn't address your dumping issue, it only rewards those who were already invested in the coin.  It's not the number of coins that are dumped that matter, it's the % of coins being minted each day that are dumped that matters.  The fair way to do things would have been to extend the distribution period so that there were going to be more UTC created and change the halving date to years later.  That way, the % of coins created in a given time frame would be the same, but new investors / miners would not be at the mercy of the rest of you, that now collectively hold 15% of all coins to ever be put in circulation.  

The price may go up to reflect the reduced amount of coins being mined, but if it doesn't, then your miners will disappear.  If it does go up, you still haven't addressed the fact that miners will be miners and will dump it to trade for BTC at a rate faster than what you are adding new supporters, who are now alienated by the fact that 15,000,000 coins are being held that were obtained at a significantly higher block reward or through the IPO.  The point of this is, changing the block reward to a lower rate does not affect any of the problems that the coin is having right now, it just rewards people already involved.  

I already voiced my concerns as to how the multipool may effect the security of the coin earlier, but no one responded to any of my questions, so I assume no one shares the same sentiment.  

Some of you have put a lot of work into trying to add value and direction to this coin.  The focus on price distracts from that and honestly, you have no control over it without having some major whales backing you at this point.  Even then, it won't be enough to sustain it.  Keep you focus on implemented unique things like the arbitrage tool and quit scheming to raise the price.  
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 04:04:48 PM

hi

the wallet does work but its slow, the dev knew that would happen before starting the update, but he had to implement all our wishes in a certain sequence.The speed issue will be adressed in a few weeks, we are on schedule.

ivanlabrie

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:11:03 PM

@cointradero

I agree, I didn't like the block reward reduction at all...nor the guys wanting to slow down the n factor changes, it's just nonsense to go changing the specs which made it attractive to many in the first place, and rewarding bag holders, further strenghtening their % of the market share.

The community does have stand out people that work a lot and pull off impressive stuff like dcgirl for instance, and many supporters, but I think the wallet issues and spec changes are not doing anything for the coin atm.

A higher PoS reward and drawing some inspiration from PPC's and YAC's best traits would be much better imho. (transaction fees being destroyed, money supply controlled by PoS minting AND mining->the multipool helps the price but will hurt security as you put it, same as the wallet issues hurt the people wanting to stake their coins for the rewards and added security).
cointradero

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:22:21 PM

@cointradero

I agree, I didn't like the block reward reduction at all...nor the guys wanting to slow down the n factor changes, it's just nonsense to go changing the specs which made it attractive to many in the first place, and rewarding bag holders, further strenghtening their % of the market share.

The community does have stand out people that work a lot and pull off impressive stuff like dcgirl for instance, and many supporters, but I think the wallet issues and spec changes are not doing anything for the coin atm.

A higher PoS reward and drawing some inspiration from PPC's and YAC's best traits would be much better imho. (transaction fees being destroyed, money supply controlled by PoS minting AND mining->the multipool helps the price but will hurt security as you put it, same as the wallet issues hurt the people wanting to stake their coins for the rewards and added security).

I completely agree with lengthening the stage of each n-factor.  There is no reason to change it every few months as the default scrypt-jane code did rather arbitrarily.  What advantage is gained by this?  The intent of functions like that are to keep the mining of a coin decentralized and future proofed against the tendency for it to become centralized.  Nothing changed in the last past two months that would make the last N-factor any less valid than the one that came after.  Nor will the next one add anything of worth.  All it does is cause needless headaches for miners and raise the barrier for entry for new miners.  Each increase makes the settings more difficult to determine as individual system components have a greater weight in the success of failure of the system to mine.  RAM management is becoming a science for these.  

As for the rest, I agree.  A higher and faster PoS reward would like have did more for dumping than any block reward change could ever dream of doing.  And it would have been fair as no one had staked anything yet.  
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:38:59 PM

All it does is cause needless headaches for miners

You make a good point here, and it shouldn't be overlooked. But this is why a multipool for UTC and other chacha coins is ideal over pure POW coin.

and raise the barrier for entry for new miners

I don't think so... New miners get a HUGE incentive because their low-end gpus and even cpus gain an advantage over high end cards with each NFactor change.

Each increase makes the settings more difficult to determine as individual system components have a greater weight in the success of failure of the system to mine.  RAM management is becoming a science for these.  

This is a false rumor, if you will, that started even with litecoin. For example, I only need enough RAM to run my OS with YAC at N=14. It is only VRAM that matters. I can't say for certain about CPUs and APUs though.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
primouno

Activity: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:40:10 PM

i would maybe say x 11

but im not 100% maybe some1 else can jump in and say

With 40 Mh/s X11 how much UTC can I earn per day ?
It's really hard to say, just give it a try for a day or two. I've been mining for 4 days now and each payment has been bigger than previous one so it's hard to calculate.

UTC address: UMzy2N8oTFmcQ2bfZoqLnmXsWzvfA8miRy
http://ultracoin.net/    -- Ultracoin Website        http://ultracointalk.org/  -- UltracoinTalk Forum
SxC

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:54:41 PM

i would maybe say x 11

It's really hard to say, just give it a try for a day or two. I've been mining for 4 days now and each payment has been bigger than previous one so it's hard to calculate.

yea theres to many variables
Sylon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:58:17 PM

i would maybe say x 11

But by mining UTC with x11, did you lose or earn money ?
Pages: « 1 ... 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 [665] 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: