Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:04:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 [673] 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wirly

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:58:24 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 03:15:37 PM by Wirly

This is a detailed explenation of coincontrol, made by our crypto colleagues at hobonickles

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

And here is another explenation about coincontrol https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144331.0

Thanks Bumface!!
And a big thanks and shout out to Hobonickels!!

I can see our current wallet has the option in the settings tab to active this feature...
Yet if I click on that option and apply it, I don't see a change in the wallet features.
Any chance you can forecast a possible date that this will be truly active in the wallet?
Will it come out in version 3 update?

Or is the feature already active and I'm simply doing something wrong?
hit the "send ultracoins" button and it will be different, then click the "inputs" tab. from there you can select what coin transactions you wish to use for sending

Thanks Wirly!!

Just sent you some coin that I had mined and staked. So I had a total of about 39.5 coins worth that I mined on what I'm guessing was on 2 separate blocks. I clicked on those blocks by using the coin control option  in the send tab to pay you with it. I sent you a little less that the total amount because I didn't want the transaction fee to roll over into another staked block, thus hurting it's days staked value.
Does that sound like I did the transaction correct, based off the links provided by Bumface and from Hobonickels? So now I lost one complete block with my staked coin value, and I have one block that has the small remainder of coin left in it to cover the transaction fee. Does that sound like I'm doing it alright?

The coin I sent you was staked at "medium" priority. Do you mint your coin? I am curious because if you are minting wouldn't that coin come in as staked already in your system and wouldn't it show up also as "medium" priority in your coin control send tab? Sound right to you?

Again, thanks for the help!!
Cheers,
Craig Claussen

Thanks for the tip Craig. I will match it and pay it forward to someone.

When coins go into your wallet they will not be rewarded until that transaction sits in wallet for 365 days. The priority of any coins are based on how many confirmations that transaction has in the blockchain. Such as "medium", "high", and "highest" priority. The longer a coin sits in your wallet the higher the priority it has for stake. That is how coin control works. It allows you to select the young coins for moving around or spending and keep the old coins for stake. Also there is something about the size of the individual transaction that can determine its efficiency for stake.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fabietech

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:06:24 PM

Please join me on cryptsy this evening in about 4 hours Smiley i will be promoting UTC again and also buying allot to let the people see the coin!!!

if you dont have BTC to buy please support me by talking in the tollbox about it!!

thanx! i will start pump around 21:00 ( 9 a clock evening ) european time!

thanx already we can do this as community!! just as 1 week ago we went to 0,00020.

cace

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:16:23 PM

Please join me on cryptsy this evening in about 4 hours Smiley i will be promoting UTC again and also buying allot to let the people see the coin!!!

if you dont have BTC to buy please support me by talking in the tollbox about it!!

thanx already we can do this as community!! just as 1 week ago we went to 0,00020.
i'm with you my UTC friend...this price is ridiculous...i have little BTC for buying (im all in UTC)  Cool
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:44:35 PM

This is a detailed explenation of coincontrol, made by our crypto colleagues at hobonickles

And here is another explenation about coincontrol https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144331.0

Thanks Bumface!!

I can see our current wallet has the option in the settings tab to active this feature...
Yet if I click on that option and apply it, I don't see a change in the wallet features.
Any chance you can forecast a possible date that this will be truly active in the wallet?

hit the "send ultracoins" button and it will be different, then click the "inputs" tab. from there you can select what coin transactions you wish to use for sending

Thanks Wirly!!

Just sent you some coin that I had mined and staked. So I had a total of about 39.5 coins worth that I mined on what I'm guessing was on 2 separate blocks. I clicked on those blocks by using the coin control option  in the send tab to pay you with it. I sent you a little less that the total amount because I didn't want the transaction fee to roll over into another staked block, thus hurting it's days staked value.
Does that sound like I did the transaction correct, based off the links provided by Bumface and from Hobonickels? So now I lost one complete block with my staked coin value, and I have one block that has the small remainder of coin left in it to cover the transaction fee. Does that sound like I'm doing it alright?

The coin I sent you was staked at "medium" priority. Do you mint your coin? I am curious because if you are minting wouldn't that coin come in as staked already in your system and wouldn't it show up also as "medium" priority in your coin control send tab? Sound right to you?

Cheers,
Craig Claussen

When coins go into your wallet they will not be rewarded until that transaction sits in wallet for 365 days. The priority of any coins are based on how many confirmations that transaction has in the blockchain. There is "medium", "high", and "highest" priority. The longer a coin sits in your wallet the higher the priority it has for stake. That is how coin control works. It allows you to select the young coins for moving around or spending and keep the old coins for stake.

Understood. Thanks for the info. I love the concept. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.
But I'm still curious and please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but...
...Let's say I send someone a coin that has 360 days stake in it. It would be dumb on my part to do such because now that total amount of coin on that block, that has only 5 days to mature before reward, would revert back to 0 days proof of stake.
However, does that time frame of stake stay with the coin sent to the receiver?
In other words would the receiver addressee now has a coin in their wallet (that is also unlocked for minting) receive a coin that has a maturity of 360 days proof of stake? Or does that coin received also reset to 0 days proof of stake and require 365 days to mature?

And forgive me...
But one more question. Let's say a set amount of coins are on a block (tracked via use of coin control) in ones wallet (that is unlocked for minting) for proof of stake reward (after 365 days).
Does that set amount of coin (again tracked via using coin control) reset back to 0 days proof of stake after maturity? For example, I have 6 blocks with a set amount of coins on them gaining proof of stake maturity. Each level of maturity for each of the blocks are around 2 month intervals apart (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12/0 month intervals). If I were to need to take money out of one of those blocks, would I want to take it out of the youngest block that has almost 2 months maturity on it or (if I had the time before I need to pay someone) wait and use the block that is about to mature 100% and reset to 0? I guess what I'm asking is, does a coin gain any extra incentive to keep maturing untouched after it receives a reward for 365 days minting?

Thanks again,
Craig Claussen

primouno

Activity: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:01:53 PM

For all who use utcmultipool.com question:
When you get the last payment, and are those numbers matched with the amount you are supposed to get ?
My last payment was two days ago.  Sad
I got my payment on the 2nd too. I'm waiting for the next payment. I think it is a good time to sell DarkCoin we've been mining for the last few days because it's gone up for 40% whereas UTC went down 30-40%!!

UTC address: UMzy2N8oTFmcQ2bfZoqLnmXsWzvfA8miRy
http://ultracoin.net/    -- Ultracoin Website        http://ultracointalk.org/  -- UltracoinTalk Forum
cace

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:55:23 PM

For all who use utcmultipool.com question:
When you get the last payment, and are those numbers matched with the amount you are supposed to get ?
My last payment was two days ago.  Sad
I got my payment on the 2nd too. I'm waiting for the next payment. I think it is a good time to sell DarkCoin we've been mining for the last few days because it's gone up for 40% whereas UTC went down 30-40%!!
you're right, i did not look for the price of DRK, now i see
amysun

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:31:02 PM

i'm with you my UTC friend...this price is ridiculous...i have little BTC for buying (im all in UTC)  Cool
well,I have bought another 70k UTC and I have 170k in total:)
fabietech

Activity: 298

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:41:56 PM

To bad you didnt wait untill 9 a clock! but okay you got some cheap utc Smiley please dont dump in the pump!!
where aiming for 1 $ long term in 3 months!!

please ALL chat on cryptsy at 9 a clock so in 1,5 hour!!!

amysun

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:02:05 PM

To bad you didnt wait untill 9 a clock! but okay you got some cheap utc Smiley please dont dump in the pump!!

It takes me several days to buy so many coins.I will never sell at this low price.I'm considering buying more if the price goes down.
primouno

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:02:10 PM

Whoever is in charge of utcmultipool should sell DRK and buy UTC then!! There should be enough BTC to raise UTC a bit.

http://ultracoin.net/    -- Ultracoin Website        http://ultracointalk.org/  -- UltracoinTalk Forum
cace

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:07:51 PM

Whoever is in charge of utcmultipool should sell DRK and buy UTC then!! There should be enough BTC to raise UTC a bit.
i'm totally agree with you, now is the best time for buying UTC
Wirly

Activity: 136

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:19:34 PM

Thanks Bumface!!

Thanks Wirly!!

Cheers,
Craig Claussen

When coins go into your wallet they will not be rewarded until that transaction sits in wallet for 365 days. The priority of any coins are based on how many confirmations that transaction has in the blockchain. There is "medium", "high", and "highest" priority. The longer a coin sits in your wallet the higher the priority it has for stake. That is how coin control works. It allows you to select the young coins for moving around or spending and keep the old coins for stake.

Understood. Thanks for the info. I love the concept. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.
...Let's say I send someone a coin that has 360 days stake in it. It would be dumb on my part to do such because now that total amount of coin on that block, that has only 5 days to mature before reward, would revert back to 0 days proof of stake.
In other words would the receiver addressee now has a coin in their wallet (that is also unlocked for minting) receive a coin that has a maturity of 360 days proof of stake? Or does that coin received also reset to 0 days proof of stake and require 365 days to mature?

And forgive me...
But one more question. Let's say a set amount of coins are on a block (tracked via use of coin control) in ones wallet (that is unlocked for minting) for proof of stake reward (after 365 days).
Does that set amount of coin (again tracked via using coin control) reset back to 0 days proof of stake after maturity? For example, I have 6 blocks with a set amount of coins on them gaining proof of stake maturity. Each level of maturity for each of the blocks are around 2 month intervals apart (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12/0 month intervals). If I were to need to take money out of one of those blocks, would I want to take it out of the youngest block that has almost 2 months maturity on it or (if I had the time before I need to pay someone) wait and use the block that is about to mature 100% and reset to 0? I guess what I'm asking is, does a coin gain any extra incentive to keep maturing untouched after it receives a reward for 365 days minting?

Thanks again,
Craig Claussen

I used to think that after your wallet was 365 days old it would be rewarded based on how long it was online and how many coins remained in it, up to 20%, now I am completely unsure!!!
Not sure on the details but I think if a transaction is 365 days old and the coins from that transaction sit in the wallet they will begin minting and will continue to mint until you move those coins out of your wallet. Minting is not realted to the age of a coin but to the age of the transaction so it does not continue minting for someone else if you send it to them. The age for minting is based on the transaction date when the coins arrived in your wallet.

I am sure the only person who knows the answer is the person that wrote the code!
primouno

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:36:40 PM

Can we get one of those?: http://cryptocards.co/?post_type=product Cheesy

3r197

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:47:39 PM

Thanks Bumface!!

Thanks Wirly!!

Cheers,
Craig Claussen

And forgive me...

Thanks again,
Craig Claussen

I used to think that after your wallet was 365 days old it would be rewarded based on how long it was online and how many coins remained in it, up to 20%, now I am completely unsure!!!
Not sure on the details but I think if a transaction is 365 days old and the coins from that transaction sit in the wallet they will begin minting and will continue to mint until you move those coins out of your wallet. Minting is not realted to the age of a coin but to the age of the transaction so it does not continue minting for someone else if you send it to them. The age for minting is based on the transaction date when the coins arrived in your wallet.

I am sure the only person who knows the answer is the person that wrote the code!

Okay. Makes sense. Thanks for all the info!!
3r197

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:54:07 PM

+1

Thanks primouno. I didn't even know it existed.
primouno

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:29:50 PM

+1

You're welcome Smiley Didn't know either until I found some information about it while browsing through other cryptocoins forums Wink It's something similar to this:

trying to make sth like this Smiley

3r197

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:06:49 PM

i'm with you my UTC friend...this price is ridiculous...i have little BTC for buying (im all in UTC)  Cool

It takes me several days to buy so many coins.I will never sell at this low price.I'm considering buying more if the price goes down.
Thank you so much amysun!! It's always nice to hear from another smart investor! I hope you are minting some of those coins at least. I've got about 65k minting right now. Which obviously means that I'm here for the long term!
Don't forget to try and utilize coin control to optimize your minting capability.
This coin has such a future, I'm so excited to be part of such a community!

Cheers,
Craig Claussen
3r197

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:27:30 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 10:51:27 PM by 3r197

+1

You're welcome Smiley Didn't know either until I found some information about it while browsing through other cryptocoins forums Wink It's something similar to this:

trying to make sth like this Smiley

Yup, I can't wait! I've got one of those coming to me in about 18 days. Yet, I love the idea of a plastic card system as well. The sooner the system gets simplified for the average Joe six-pack, the sooner it goes off the chain. Who needs the moon to hope for, when you have this:

http://postimg.org/image/3za39bpaz/full/

courtesy of jakoblight on thread page 680
conf

Activity: 284

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:31:12 AM

A bit depressing .... 0.000077 ?? Sad

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
utcminer

Activity: 238

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website http://c

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:46:45 AM

A bit depressing .... 0.000077 ?? Sad
Don't complain,buy some utc~

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website
http://cryptotrain.net/ - Ultracoin Multipool
http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool
Pages: « 1 ... 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 [673] 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: