Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:21:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946566 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Protagonus

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:44:55 AM

At what point do people come to the realization that Bumface already made the BTC he was seeking, and has little concern over where this coin ends up now? 

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, will continue watching... I sure think the recent posts by him have been more than lacking. Just sarcasm and contempt for the people that are concerned about the future of the coin.

I know your aware that I gave quite a bit of interrogation during the pre-release of this coin.  I've also had reservations as this is my first alt to support (outside LTC).  At the same time, from what little bit I've seen in the trollbox and chatted with you;  you seem like an alright person. 
  I did weigh things heavily deciding to start mining; and even again a bit at release.  However, personally, I decided to go with the more trusting side.  I suppose, considering everything now almost a month after; I have more faith and support.  I no longer have as much worries that this coin will die or be short lived. 
  The community support for many at this point, is very earnest and solid.  I did not expect a massive PR campaign and pump of the price right out of the gate;  and we did not.  There were many coins last year all released with big dev interaction and hype;  however dev's are no longer around for any of those.  To me, I see early dev hype fairly in-line with the whole "pump and dump" meme.  I'm sure if LTC would have been pumped to a stupid price in it's first 6 months;  it probably would be in the pile with other fails from the time.
   Ultimately, I suppose, in the long run;  it depends on the miners / coin holders for deciding fate of a coin.  The dev's for UTC don't hold a massive amount of coins and are not the largest holders, so coin control is in the peoples' hands.

I haven't forgotten your thoughts and I have hopes that this will not be the case.  We'll have to compare notes in 6-8 months and see how things have worked out by then.  I'm fully prepared to eat crow and let you say "I told ya so" if the worse outcome happens.  If things do go well for the coin, then everyone that supports get to benefit;  and I would be fine with that.

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dcgirl

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:51:15 AM

At what point do people come to the realization that Bumface already made the BTC he was seeking, and has little concern over where this coin ends up now? 

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, will continue watching... I sure think the recent posts by him have been more than lacking. Just sarcasm and contempt for the people that are concerned about the future of the coin.

I know your aware that I gave quite a bit of interrogation during the pre-release of this coin.  I've also had reservations as this is my first alt to support (outside LTC).  At the same time, from what little bit I've seen in the trollbox and chatted with you;  you seem like an alright person. 
  I did weigh things heavily deciding to start mining; and even again a bit at release.  However, personally, I decided to go with the more trusting side.  I suppose, considering everything now almost a month after; I have more faith and support.  I no longer have as much worries that this coin will die or be short lived. 
  The community support for many at this point, is very earnest and solid.  I did not expect a massive PR campaign and pump of the price right out of the gate;  and we did not.  There were many coins last year all released with big dev interaction and hype;  however dev's are no longer around for any of those.  To me, I see early dev hype fairly in-line with the whole "pump and dump" meme.  I'm sure if LTC would have been pumped to a stupid price in it's first 6 months;  it probably would be in the pile with other fails from the time.
   Ultimately, I suppose, in the long run;  it depends on the miners / coin holders for deciding fate of a coin.  The dev's for UTC don't hold a massive amount of coins and are not the largest holders, so coin control is in the peoples' hands.

I haven't forgotten your thoughts and I have hopes that this will not be the case.  We'll have to compare notes in 6-8 months and see how things have worked out by then.  I'm fully prepared to eat crow and let you say "I told ya so" if the worse outcome happens.  If things do go well for the coin, then everyone that supports get to benefit;  and I would be fine with that.

Cheers

+1

One thing I've realized over the last week or so is that the short-term success of this coin has more to do with what we, the community, do, than what the devs do. Each of us needs to decide for ourselves one thing - are we willing to stick with UTC and do what we can to help it succeed? I am. Hope others are too. I realize that this is a financial decision for miners, especially. If things aren't working out and you need to move on to something else, you should do that. But complaining here really isn't going to do any good. Just make your decision and stay or go.
Jarod1231

Activity: 951
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:58:39 AM

Quote from: Ruckster2010 on Today at 12:48:11 AM
So where is the most trading volume for UTC happening right now?

Euhh nowhere!! because bumface thinks his coin is good enough he doesnt have to invest money in it!!
How do you mean arrogant?

Now where all suffering!!

Buts lets see!!! if not im dumping 200K of coins @ 0,05$ in 3 days and market will be broke and gone!!!
so this is my deal!! make it happen or i crush the coin!! just for the reason that the Devs are not doing there job!!

And indeed i dont give a shit! of the money i lost 80 rigs with 3 x 290!! so fuck it!! need to make a point here!!
Made allot of money in the past so its principle!!
If this was a normale company bumface and the other guy where already fired 4 weeks ago!!!

lol, by all means dump your 200k, all you're going to do is give me and the other wise people a wider time window to hoard cheap UTC and become rich

imginy

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:01:15 AM

I'm also loosing faith in utc.

number of reasons mainly because we are 1 month in and no exchange.  
skribnod

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:06:12 AM

Are you a mod on one of the exchanges troll box?
imginy

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:12:30 AM

Are you a mod on one of the exchanges troll box?

No im just a small trader/miner.
Protagonus

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:24:59 AM

Well I think our best exchange right now is Cryptorush.  I know they've dealt with 300-400 BTC volume on a coin (panda) and have a pretty spotless record.  If you compare threads from poloniex to cryptorush, there's a big difference.  Cryptorush has a live IRC chat that they use if there are any site issues with any coins as well as twitter.  

Maybe, for now, if we could get bumface to bold cryptorush for exchanges in OP.  It won't be as good as crypto-trade, sure, but I think it may suffice for an exchange during this interim.

I have a pittance of btc (.1-.2) I will put on cryptorush to help buy.  (still not sold any UTC yet).  Maybe if we can focus buy support to one place like this, we can at least get enough volume for miners and such; to have an immediate outlet.  

dunno, just thoughts.
lazycoins

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 02:27:35 AM

Just dropping by to let you guys know that its official: https://twitter.com/LazyCoins

You're one of the first coins we have accepted at our exchange to be traded at launch, which will probably be the biggest launch for any altcoins exchange yet. Since our announcement 7 days ago we have already nearly reached 1000 followers and 20 altcoins aceepted. We are working hard to launch beta soon. So for ETA and updates please follow us https://twitter.com/LazyCoins. Retweet and show your support!

UltraCoin will be paired with ltc, btc and doge

red5standingby

Activity: 174

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:29:04 AM

dcgirl +1 The more exchanges utc gets on, the better off we all are. It's a great coin. I am all in mining (more coins and hashrate) and buying when it's prudent. When all the scrypt asics hit the scene in earnest, all those now less than desirable amd gpu's will mine scrypt-jane. I am getting it all in while I still can. I missed the bitcoin boom, I caught the ltc bubble, and plan to ride the utc.
imginy

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:33:23 AM

Well I think our best exchange right now is Cryptorush.  I know they've dealt with 300-400 BTC volume on a coin (panda) and have a pretty spotless record.  If you compare threads from poloniex to cryptorush, there's a big difference.  Cryptorush has a live IRC chat that they use if there are any site issues with any coins as well as twitter.  

Maybe, for now, if we could get bumface to bold cryptorush for exchanges in OP.  It won't be as good as crypto-trade, sure, but I think it may suffice for an exchange during this interim.

I have a pittance of btc (.1-.2) I will put on cryptorush to help buy.  (still not sold any UTC yet).  Maybe if we can focus buy support to one place like this, we can at least get enough volume for miners and such; to have an immediate outlet.  

dunno, just thoughts.

I got 4k utc stuck on cryptotrade and the market is crashing Sad

I would sell the whole 4k now if I had a chance.

laterbreh

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:33:36 AM

Cheers

+1

One thing I've realized over the last week or so is that the short-term success of this coin has more to do with what we, the community, do, than what the devs do. Each of us needs to decide for ourselves one thing - are we willing to stick with UTC and do what we can to help it succeed? I am. Hope others are too. I realize that this is a financial decision for miners, especially. If things aren't working out and you need to move on to something else, you should do that. But complaining here really isn't going to do any good. Just make your decision and stay or go.

I would like to add to this.

I think that we need to address the community on this one. The devs can only do so much on a day to day basis. I don't give a shit how much they may or may not have made from this coin. The real thing that needs to be addressed here is that the community needs to wake up and move on this coin. We have a lot of miners that have dedicated their time and faith into the success of this coin. We as a community will eventually will define how valuable this coin is, and whether it will succeed.

If you are a believer like me, then you understand what the natural reasons are as to why this coin will succeed, and we farming the shit out of it - miners big and small, because we know it has value.

I URGE everyone here to take the time to vote, vote 3 more times, then vote again. You know we are capable of spreading the word and applying the pressure. We can have this coin up on MintPal and Cryptsy before Crypto-Trade comes back. Who gives a fuck about them. We all know where we want to go, and we are capable and can get it there.

Plan of Attack:
1. Pool owners contact their miners via E-Mail and inform them to vote with the community.
2. Miners take the time to upvote UTC several times a day. Its never more than 5 minutes of your time.
3. Don't Panic.

If you look at this thread, this is the most lively altcoin thread I have seen on Bitcointalk in a long time. With just the amount of users posting on one thread, we can make a lot of things happen for this coin, lets direct our energy in better places.

AND FOR FUCKS SAKE, Stop selling your coins at bullshit prices on Cryptorush. You're robbing yourself.  

red5standingby

Activity: 174

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:37:05 AM

+1
lazycoins

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 02:45:11 AM

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to drop by and let you guys know that we are considering adding UltraCoin to our exchange to be traded at launch, which will probably be the biggest launch for any altcoin exchange yet. Since our announcement 7 days ago we already nearly have a 1000 followers and 20 altcoins accepted. Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/LazyCoins and vote.

Some coins are accepted on merit and some by votes @lazycoins

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471779.0

If you're going to advertise your site here then you need to add UTC to your exchange.

+1

Done!
dcgirl

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:47:42 AM

Great news about LazyCoins! Great job, everyone. And we'll be on MintPal in the next couple of days. Now I'm going back to watch BTC crumble and decide whether to put the little bit of fiat I have on BTC-e back in or wait.
laterbreh

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:49:26 AM

Great news about LazyCoins! Great job, everyone. And we'll be on MintPal in the next couple of days. Now I'm going back to watch BTC crumble and decide whether to put the little bit of fiat I have on BTC-e back in or wait.

Proof of Concept.

Power of the People. Now spam the shit out of those vote buttons.

imginy

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:38:27 AM

GOX is dead and I promised a 100 utc giveaway to celebrate.

shame all my coins are stuck on craptotrade Sad and price is crashing.

I will still do the give way though if I get my utc back.
gnarl

Activity: 105

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:02:52 AM

New exchange spotted!
UTC is on Coin-swap.net now. You can swap between the usual suspects and a nice selection of smalltime alts.
Solidchance

Activity: 169

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:03:56 AM

dunno, just thoughts.

Well at least cyptorush uses candlesticks, crypto-trade looks like a 2 year old drew some trading lines, and possibly wrote their code

Also, a quick exchange everyone should check out is coinedup, slow, but reliable
laterbreh

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:06:54 AM

Okay, then as I understand it, the way WE as a community can fix this issue, is to get on another exchange. I know I have been voting at every increment I can for UTC. We need to make a final push to get it on an exchange with volume.

As a reminder:

https://www.mintpal.com/voting (You can vote 3 times an hour)

Voice your opinion for coinex to add UTC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291647.0

ALLCRYPT: http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php (can vote 10 times. Once per day)

Cryptsy: https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/75770 (Login, say you like this idea, and make your voice heard).

Also: comment here to be added to lazycoins when they launch: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471779.180

I will be reposting this on each additional page we generate on this thread to remind users to vote.

The community does have control over the situation, and the card we can play is this: Fuck worrying about crypto-trade, and we get on another exchange. Lets flex our fucking muscles.

Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:24:41 AM

Voted.

New exchange spotted!
UTC is on Coin-swap.net now. You can swap between the usual suspects and a nice selection of smalltime alts.

Still waiting 4 days on a refund for a cancelled trade here..use at your own risk.

That being said..again. I am still hanging. Network is still strong. leetpools is rockin as usual. I am excited by the strong community that makes utc work. I still feel that come summer those that hold will be well rewarded. Get as big a pile of these coins as you can and stash em away for a year or two. Good things WILL happen.

Stay thirsty my friends.
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: