Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:36:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946566 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mikebeav3r

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:58:31 PM

I will go check, thanks Smiley
I am putting the address into the block explorer to see what happens.

Just a question, why solo mining?
Not seeing a constant progress was very annoying to me, with pool mining you have a constant flow.

Been solo mining for 3 and a half days, day 1, 5 blocks, day 2, 3 blocks day 3, 4 blocks (but 1 was an orphan), day 4, 1 blcok so far and 1 mystery block.

Solo mining is averaging out better than pool mining, I was getting about 5 UTC per hour in a pool, plus it's more fun when you see 50 UTC drop just in there Smiley

How much kh/s do you have?

4 x VTX3D R9 280x running about 1.2MH/s

I know you said you know how to check for orphaned blocks, but this sounds like textbook orphan to me.  Open up your debug window and type "listtransactions" without the quotes.  If you haven't found any blocks since that one, it will be the one at the bottom and the type will be listed as "orphan".

Too late now, after some advice from a trustworthy source, I have completely removed all my UTC files, miner, wallet etc and have almost finished redownloading the block chain. When I have had orphaned block solo mining, it shows it as "R: xxxxxx " this was deff accepted, but hey ho, it's all a learning curve and wasn't tthe worlds largest amount to loose.
I am more worried that one of the GPU's has a fan reading of "168 RPM" at 100%, gonna have to fiddle about with that now, this mining lak is way more time consuming than I thought it would be, lol :p

Great community though, and very helpful Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NickPortland

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:00:03 PM

Also,

Is there a timeframe on when Mintpal is going to choose the next coin? Im willing to buy votes with BTC, but i'd rather do it at the last minute so we can lock in a win. Does anyone know a specific timeframe on when they will pick the next coin?

...I am also serious considering to buy votes with BTC, even if the DEV don't want to "invest" by that way....

I am thinking about "investing"  0,5 or even 1,0 BTC for buying votes...

So anybody can tell me what is the best (European/Amsterdam) time to make this transaction so it really can help our coin to be nr 1 and get listed Huh

Last time the contest ended at 1pm GMT.
From received donation to confirmation to the actual adding of corresponding votes takes some time however.

Anyway, if you do that, Panda's supporters are just gonna do the same, unless you do it at the last possible useful moment, but it's risky.

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
pieterjanvh

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:06:43 PM

Giveaway competition at Binary Fund! Join them at binaryfund.com

MAKE UTC NOT WAR
cointradero

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:07:42 PM

I will go check, thanks Smiley
I am putting the address into the block explorer to see what happens.

Just a question, why solo mining?
Not seeing a constant progress was very annoying to me, with pool mining you have a constant flow.

Been solo mining for 3 and a half days, day 1, 5 blocks, day 2, 3 blocks day 3, 4 blocks (but 1 was an orphan), day 4, 1 blcok so far and 1 mystery block.

Solo mining is averaging out better than pool mining, I was getting about 5 UTC per hour in a pool, plus it's more fun when you see 50 UTC drop just in there Smiley

How much kh/s do you have?

4 x VTX3D R9 280x running about 1.2MH/s

I know you said you know how to check for orphaned blocks, but this sounds like textbook orphan to me.  Open up your debug window and type "listtransactions" without the quotes.  If you haven't found any blocks since that one, it will be the one at the bottom and the type will be listed as "orphan".

Too late now, after some advice from a trustworthy source, I have completely removed all my UTC files, miner, wallet etc and have almost finished redownloading the block chain. When I have had orphaned block solo mining, it shows it as "R: xxxxxx " this was deff accepted, but hey ho, it's all a learning curve and wasn't tthe worlds largest amount to loose.
I am more worried that one of the GPU's has a fan reading of "168 RPM" at 100%, gonna have to fiddle about with that now, this mining lak is way more time consuming than I thought it would be, lol :p

Great community though, and very helpful Smiley

This is what I mean, you don't know the difference.  An orphaned block never shows up as R: xxxxxx.  That is a rejected block and you'll never see anything in your wallet about it.  Orphans are accepted blocks that don't get added to the block chain because someone beat you to a valid solution.  The box will pop up, and then your wallet will not show anything.  But if you used the method I told you to, it will show up in there.  
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:09:35 PM

solo mining increases the risk of orphans, (multiple people fighting for the same block) this is why people join a pool.

but im not sure he had orphans since his accepted shares were huge

cointradero

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:18:05 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 10:29:13 PM by cointradero

solo mining increases the risk of orphans, (multiple people fighting for the same block) this is why people join a pool.

but im not sure he had orphans since his accepted shares were huge

Do you not solo mine either?  That's what happens when you find a block -  The accepted share is equal to the current share difficulty required for a solution.  I don't know the formula off the time top of my head but its listed right where the pool VarDiff for your miner usually is if you are solo mining.  So apparently it took about 500K share to find a block, which sounds reasonable for where the mining difficulty was last time I checked it.  

Mikebeav3r

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:35:14 PM

Thanks for the tip Cointradero, if it happens again I will try that listtransactions method to see, as it is, the wallets are gone now and I am going to reinstall Catalyst 13.2 as I am having a problem with one of the cards now, RPM isn't going above 168, think the fan has died, today is so far being a bit rubbish Tongue

A big thanks also to bumface for helping out and suggesting a few things to try before finally starting over, great support from all, thanks Smiley
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:42:12 PM

Thanks for the tip Cointradero, if it happens again I will try that listtransactions method to see, as it is, the wallets are gone now and I am going to reinstall Catalyst 13.2 as I am having a problem with one of the cards now, RPM isn't going above 168, think the fan has died, today is so far being a bit rubbish Tongue

A big thanks also to bumface for helping out and suggesting a few things to try before finally starting over, great support from all, thanks Smiley

i recouped you 50 utc, dont tell anybody  Wink

PaulR1

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:46:57 PM

Also,

Is there a timeframe on when Mintpal is going to choose the next coin? Im willing to buy votes with BTC, but i'd rather do it at the last minute so we can lock in a win. Does anyone know a specific timeframe on when they will pick the next coin?

...I am also serious considering to buy votes with BTC, even if the DEV don't want to "invest" by that way....

So anybody can tell me what is the best (European/Amsterdam) time to make this transaction so it really can help our coin to be nr 1 and get listed Huh

From received donation to confirmation to the actual adding of corresponding votes takes some time however.

Anyway, if you do that, Panda's supporters are just gonna do the same, unless you do it at the last possible useful moment, but it's risky.

Just send 0,4 BTC to MintPal at adress 1F3F8TALQ9QMuJ8CFhdhgQv1a2D2Sz489k just to get up at same level of votes of the Panda's voters...just for know

I CAN ONLY WISH MORE PEOPLE WILL DO HELP BY THIS WAY IN THE UPCOMING 11 HOURS SO WE WILL BE AT NR 1 AND GET ADD AT THE EXCHANGE ...

Off course voting, next to eventually donating, is also very important !!!!!

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
Mikebeav3r

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:48:37 PM

i recouped you 50 utc, dont tell anybody  Wink

Shhhhhhhh :p

Extra special thanks for that mate, you are a Legend Smiley
SxC

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:49:50 PM

Also,

Just send 0,4 BTC to MintPal at adress 1F3F8TALQ9QMuJ8CFhdhgQv1a2D2Sz489k just to get up at same level of votes of the Panda's voters...just for know

I CAN ONLY WISH MORE PEOPLE WILL DO HELP BY THIS WAY IN THE UPCOMING 11 HOURS SO WE WILL BE AT NR 1 AND GET ADD AT THE EXCHANGE ...

nice1 mate i chucked alittle in earlier today but all my coin is on CT it was just a little btc i had for a rainy day  

dunno how long the BTC votes take to show up
Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:03:31 PM

Also,

nice1 mate i chucked alittle in earlier today but all my coin is on CT it was just a little btc i had for a rainy day  

dunno how long the BTC votes take to show up

+1

if i do understand the voting or buying votes is important in the next 11 hours.

So to everybody in our UTC community;

> Keep on voting every hour 3 votes
> Get listed and vote even 6 votes every hour !!!!

> And if you financially can, and if you financially want then buy votes in the next 10 hour with paying some BTC as your finance allows !
NickPortland

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:10:36 PM

Did you guys miss the panda supporter stating he has 4 btc budget to waste on the https://www.mintpal.com/voting voting?

You're just wasting money, with the risk of the next competition, once PND gets added, to be a carbon copy replica, with IXC's team dropping an insane amount of money and winning because we're out of funds..

As I see it, it's either go big or wait next round.

Your strategy could have worked if you waited the last possible minute for the donation and NOT posting the news here so the whole world can read it and counter-act it!

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
PaulR1

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:22:05 PM

Did you guys miss the panda supporter stating he has 4 btc budget to waste on the https://www.mintpal.com/voting voting?

You're just wasting money, with the risk of the next competition, once PND gets added, to be a carbon copy replica, with IXC's team dropping an insane amount of money and winning because we're out of funds..

Your strategy could have worked if you waited the last possible minute for the donation and NOT posting the news here so the whole world can read it and counter-act it!

GO BIG !!!!

And maybe even Bumface want's to go in BIG now after UTC failed with other exchanges the last weeks.... Grin Wink

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
Spekkoper

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:22:17 PM

Also,

Wow a whole 0,4btc you highroller you are!!!! You think that will stop the mighty Panda?! hahaha
Thanks fur laffs tho!!
Jacques21

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:22:48 PM

Maybe the panda guy doesn't really have that bitcoin, he's just saying that so we wont spend any and panda can win.
Mikebeav3r

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:29:07 PM

Looks like it is back to pool mining anyway for now....one of the GPU's has died, fans not spinning at all, was pushing my luck a little trying to solo with 1.2MH/s but 900 KH/s seems silly :p
PaulR1

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:29:48 PM

Also,

Wow a whole 0,4btc you highroller you are!!!! You think that will stop the mighty Panda?! hahaha
Thanks fur laffs tho!!

Mr. Spekkoper from Holland .... at least I try, as many others here,  to do something for UTC and help UTC and the UTC community...

It is not important if somebody donates 0,004 or 0,4 or 1,0... what is important is that we do .....

But mr. Spekkoper....What did you do for UTC lately ?

" don't ask what UTC can do for you, but what you can do for UTC "

Spekkoper

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:30:20 PM

Not a guy, and she is the developer, so yes I'm sure she has the btc  Grin
pieterjanvh

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:33:36 PM

Also,

Thanks fur laffs tho!!

Mr. Spekkoper from Holland .... at least I try, as many others here,  to do something for UTC and help UTC and the UTC community...

It is not important if somebody donates 0,004 or 0,4 or 1,0... what is important is that we do .....

But mr. Spekkoper....What did you do for UTC lately ?

Nothing!! I shit on UTC  Grin
Panda to teh muuuuuuuuuunn!!!

Which of the thousand panda's are u talking about
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: