Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:02:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmit - Bitcoin shopping mall - Bitcoin market place - Bitcoin auction house  (Read 142467 times)
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 02:19:17 PM

Is bitmit alive? I can't get registered... "Sorry, registration is currently disabled. Please try again later"
Things like this get me slightly mad at bitmit. I really hope to see some competition as it really sux to have only one auction platform and knowing this auction platform might stop business or "get hacked" any minute cause nobody even knows who is operating it.
I'm advertising stuff to forum members in my sig and getting the impression that they can't buy my stuff even if they wanted to, just because bitmit stopped creating new accounts, sux.

@gizmo, @arsenische
Registration is open for almost all users. We have about 50-70 new users per day and as you can imagine it is not our goal to keep users out of Bitmit. You may only be blocked if you have been banned from Bitmit before or when you try to sign up with trash email addresses or when your connection is routed through the tor network. So please ensure that you do not violate these rules, clear your browser cache/cookies and try again.
I would assume 10% of your users will try to access Bitmit via a proxy given the average Bitcoin user being privacy aware. It should not be a bad thing to do so, neither. In the end you will never be able to distinguish a proxy from an actual user's computer. I like the trust by reputation and bitmit should closely analyze if there are clusters of people giving each other great ratings or if the ratings are genuine. Apart from that I would assume you don't need to really know the user's IP address.
A junk mail hoster is slightly easier to get an account with than gmail and co. For security reasons it makes little sense to not allow these although I see how it can be assumed these accounts will make more trouble later. I would support this policy.
Please at least tell the user why registration fails.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Global BTC

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 06:57:24 PM

Still can't edit existing listings, or create new ones. When I hit "Preview" or "Save", there's a spinning icon that never stops.

Sorry, it should work again for you. It only effected items with internal notes.

Internal notes are removed when I edit a listing.

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 02:40:23 PM

Please support the sellers by providing the following:
  • Quick access to the list of items of each buyer. Below an order there should be links to all other orders of that buyer or better show all orders on one page with all information
  • Picture and description of the item so I don't ship the wrong item

I'm currently preparing the shipping for 4 people that bought coins. Usually buyers buy more than one item as the shipping costs are in the order of magnitude of a cheaper coin. Usually they pay the full price of one coin+shipping and pay the other items without shipping. It is extremely inconvenient and time consuming to get things right when different people won different coins of the exact same type (Morgan Dollars 1891) to not confuse things. Therefore I would want to have a view where I see all items to be shipped to one buyer together with all communication (still visible which comment belongs to which item) and with the items full description and images.

The buyer having to type in the shipping address for each order also seams weird. One of my buyers now confused First and Last Name in one of the addresses and of course they have to pay maybe 10 times which means 10 transaction fees if they do it with an app that is not capable to pay to many. Maybe at checkout the buyer should be given a "bill" where he can set checkboxes (item1, shipping1, item2, shipping2, … all set by default) and pay that bill instead of having to go through all of the items. Maybe allow the seller to define a shipping discount. Something simple would be define the x% of a shipping and the total gets rounded up. I could set my coins to be 10% of a shipping each. If somebody orders 11 coins bitmit would automatically know he has to pay 2 shippings. Now bitmit tells me about partially paid orders and 80% of my orders are only paid partially. Yes I know this is last paragraph is all quite complicated but it would really help to get a smoother trading experience on both sides.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
arsenische
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 03:06:54 PM

Registration is open for almost all users. We have about 50-70 new users per day and as you can imagine it is not our goal to keep users out of Bitmit. You may only be blocked if you have been banned from Bitmit before or when you try to sign up with trash email addresses or when your connection is routed through the tor network. So please ensure that you do not violate these rules, clear your browser cache/cookies and try again.

So am I the only one who can't sign up? I tried different IPs from different countries (no TOR, no proxies!), tried to remove cookies. It says "Sorry, registration is currently disabled. Please try again later (User not allowed)". Or am I banned for some reason? Username: arsenische

Global BTC

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 02:07:56 PM

Down again?

guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 02:33:18 PM

Down again?

looks like it

tosaki (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 05:11:25 PM

Site is back online. Our network center was facing some technical problems.

@gizmo, thanks for your feedback. You have some good ideas.

So am I the only one who can't sign up? I tried different IPs from different countries (no TOR, no proxies!), tried to remove cookies. It says "Sorry, registration is currently disabled. Please try again later (User not allowed)". Or am I banned for some reason? Username: arsenische

Yes, it seems so. Please mail or pm me the email address and the IP you tried to use so I can help you.

Update:
- Give feedback form: Checkbox to set order status to received / release Coins
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 10:17:38 PM

Update:
- Give feedback form: Checkbox to set order status to received / release Coins

You might want to undo or fix your update.
I have this checkbox not only for sellers but also for all buyers. I would test if this works but I don't want to look like hacking money out of escrow although I would like to know escrow works 100%.

I had in my "feedback" (which is a confusing name btw.) in this order:
buyer, seller, buyer, buyer, buyer and all except the first had the checkbox.

Rather than releasing the escrow on the rate trade page, I would love to see some grouping so I can do all at once. It's a bit ridiculous to rate silverman 5 times for a shipping of 5 items that he paid one shipping for but in 5 transactions and that generated 5 messages "payment in escrow" and 5 messages "money released from escrow" when opening messages in new tab does not work (I would middle mous click all of them) and there is no checkbox to mark stuff as read. I actually will live with your page constantly showing me the star next to the envelope symbol as it is just too much work to mark redundant notifications as read.

Yet another thing: One buyer got his gold coin after 2 weeks. He released the bitcoins from escrow and this notification directly went to the archive (+ Show completed orders which are older as 7 days)

ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 10:37:58 PM

I would appreciate if you could avoid having NSFW content visible in the main listings. At least the images should not be NSFW.
The seller should have a NSFW-pix checkbox and you should punish if they don't use it. If I'm not logged in, I want to not directly see these pix. If I am logged in I want to be able to opt in.

I try to sell bitmit to shop owners and I feel a bit weird sending them to a page that might be full of dildos and vaginas to decide if that's a good ambiance to send his clients to purchase his yogi-tea.

ɃɃ
hamdi

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:11:19 PM

I would appreciate if you could avoid having NSFW content visible in the main listings. At least the images should not be NSFW.
The seller should have a NSFW-pix checkbox and you should punish if they don't use it. If I'm not logged in, I want to not directly see these pix. If I am logged in I want to be able to opt in.

I try to sell bitmit to shop owners and I feel a bit weird sending them to a page that might be full of dildos and vaginas to decide if that's a good ambiance to send his clients to purchase his yogi-tea.

2nd this. plus bitmit is down right now.
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 01:58:48 PM

Short downtime because of network issues. Our network engineers is still checking on the root cause of the issue.

Thanks for your feedback. We implemented some of your suggestions.

Changelog:
Give feedback: Option to set order status to received display error fix
Item footer: 15000 chars allowed instead of 3000
Message Inbox/Outbox: Msgs can be opened in a new tab/window
Message Inbox/Outbox: Delete multiple messages at once
NSFW item thumbnails are censored when user is not logged in.

Please remember that it is NOT allowed to post digital goods for which you do not own the copyright.
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 03:40:28 PM

Short downtime because of network issues. Our network engineers is still checking on the root cause of the issue.

Thanks for your feedback. We implemented some of your suggestions.

Changelog:
Give feedback: Option to set order status to received display error fix
Item footer: 15000 chars allowed instead of 3000
Message Inbox/Outbox: Msgs can be opened in a new tab/window
Message Inbox/Outbox: Delete multiple messages at once
NSFW item thumbnails are censored when user is not logged in.

Please remember that it is NOT allowed to post digital goods for which you do not own the copyright.

I kind of feel like I should charge you for doing your Q&A:
While open in new tab technically does work now (thanx), middle mouse button to open in new tab does not work as it both opens in new tab and in the current tab.
Depending on the selected zoom level (both >100% and <100%) the am and pm in the date column wraps to the next line making the inbox ugly.
Also the start of the message being displayed after the subject wraps to the next line sometimes. Having messages with one and two lines is ugly. Better make them all two lines if all one line is not an option. In other places you have a nice mouse over to show more. That should do the trick here, too.
"select all" is missing.
"mark as read" is missing.

(nice single item ajax deleting by the way Smiley I like a lot of the ajax you do but I guess I would do stuff in this case in bulk to reduce server load.)

Edit: "Show completed orders which are older as 7 days" as->than. Also as said before please take the completed date and not the order date to decide. For my taste it could work completely without date and just hide the completed orders. Normally completed orders don't require action (apart from rating the transaction but that could make them non-completed, too).

ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 03:10:13 PM

Trader allcoin is a scammer I would guess.

What slightly worries me now is that his only bidder is somebody who bought from me and has his money still in escrow as my coins did not reach him yet. Well, my first impulse was that bidders at allcoin's auctions might be support scammers to raise awareness to the auction but I'm pretty sure pocketkang knows the value of the item offered so he just bids on what looks like a good deal.

Why is allcoin a scammer? He wants to be paid before shipping and has no track reckord yet. It defeats the rules of Bitmit/escrow that disallows no-escrow transactions to demand being paid before delivery.

ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 07:34:46 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2013, 07:50:38 PM by giszmo

Yes I know I might bore you but could you please tell me asap how I can access the description and photos of my auction after they ended? I know these still exist as the links in my signature work after the auction ended but when I don't have a bookmark to the exact auction, the order id does not get me there. The full link is needed and I don't have that for all my auctions and urgently need the photos to be able to send my customers the exact stuff they were ordering.

Also please state how long this information will stay available after the money was released from escrow/the escrow was settled.

Another nice feature would be to include finished auctions in queries to see at which price certain items settled before.

Also I don't know if it should be publicly available who is buying what. I would follow the way ebay does it and replace giszmo by g**o. Of course the seller should see the full names at all time so he can delay shippings to batch stuff for people that bid on more than one auction ending close to each other.

Edit: Ok, my browser remembered the url but please link the item in the order page.

ɃɃ
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 10:10:50 AM

While open in new tab technically does work now (thanx), middle mouse button to open in new tab does not work as it both opens in new tab and in the current tab.
Depending on the selected zoom level (both >100% and <100%) the am and pm in the date column wraps to the next line making the inbox ugly.
Also the start of the message being displayed after the subject wraps to the next line sometimes. Having messages with one and two lines is ugly. Better make them all two lines if all one line is not an option. In other places you have a nice mouse over to show more. That should do the trick here, too.
"select all" is missing.

(nice single item ajax deleting by the way Smiley I like a lot of the ajax you do but I guess I would do stuff in this case in bulk to reduce server load.)

I really appreciate your feedback, thank you. As you might have already seen I converted your suggestions to reality.

Trader allcoin is a scammer I would guess..
We already got some abuse and locked his wallet to prevent fraud.

Yes I know I might bore you but could you please tell me asap how I can access the description and photos of my auction after they ended? ..
Also please state how long this information will stay available after the money was released from escrow/the escrow was settled.
Simply go to the order page and navigate to the auction sale. Then you can click the item link you see at the order summary.

Also I don't know if it should be publicly available who is buying what. I would follow the way ebay does it and replace giszmo by g**o. Of course the seller should see the full names at all time so he can delay shippings to batch stuff for people that bid on more than one auction ending close to each other.

I want to add privacy options on the site very soon. Especially for the user page users should be able to choose if the item names are displayed (or how old are ordermust be that this information is censored).
Global BTC

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 11:37:24 AM

I must say I really appreciate your continuous work with the site, "tosaki". Bitmit is a great asset in the bitcoin community and economy.

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 12:40:14 PM

"select all" is missing.

I really appreciate your feedback, thank you. As you might have already seen I converted your suggestions to reality.
Almost. Middle mouse button which is configured to open in a new tab not only in my browser (chrome) does not open a new tab. right click to open in new tab takes about 100x longer.

Yes I know I might bore you but could you please tell me asap how I can access the description and photos of my auction after they ended? ..
Simply go to the order page and navigate to the auction sale. Then you can click the item link you see at the order summary.
Oh, ok, now I see. Not sure if others struggle as much as I did but a general rule of thumb is that for every report of an issue you have x100 more people running into this without reporting it. If I was the only one reporting this issue, either I'm the only "blind" user or the sample size is too small Wink

I want to add privacy options on the site very soon. Especially for the user page users should be able to choose if the item names are displayed (or how old are ordermust be that this information is censored).
Great Smiley
I would consider instant anonymity towards non-related users a big plus as "archive.org" might break the purpose else.

I must say I really appreciate your continuous work with the site, "tosaki". Bitmit is a great asset in the bitcoin community and economy.
… and you're a good seller offering cool stuff for a fair price Smiley
But yes, I also want to thank tosaki for working on the site although as long as no name is revealed I continue fearing for all my money in escrow as running with this money is becoming more and more profitable and I fear the day his provider cuts the lines for not providing the legal papers. Giving bitmit a legal framework before coming out of the closet means it is at immanent threat right now. I could think of millions of ways how he could "get hacked" just when things get hot and claiming …

Preparing a proper business corporation which passes all laws and principles in connection with Bitcoin takes some time so I please you to be patient until we reveal all details about us and our business. Aside from that there are established entities in the Bitcoin community we are connected with and who know about us.

… aka claiming to be Bruce Wagner or something like that does not make me more comfortable trusting him not to run with the money when the numbers turn south.

Trust me the day you reveal your reputable identity and show some firm legal backing I will stop pestering you with this detail and fully support bitmit. I strongly believe bitmit will outperform bitcoinstore (do they have customers already?) thanks to the network effect.

ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 12:55:34 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2013, 02:43:49 PM by giszmo

How is the solution for NSFW stuff? Does the seller have to mark it? I can't see such a checkbox. If not, you would have to approve every single picture change to not have these pictures in the Recently added tab that you open at random as the landing page.

Other picture-issue: I'm sure you noticed these pictures:

black!=white. It had happened with one of my scanned coins, too that a small corner that was black in the photo was white on your site. I saw this a lot on your site but now I feel it got less so maybe you fixed it for new pictures already.
Edit: I would be interested to hear how this error came along as it looks like a flood fill from the top left corner in all cases I have seen and not just a color replacement and I wonder which tool would do a flood fill as I assume you don't do flood fills on purpose.

ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 01:03:40 PM

Other issue:
Items might be shipped from other countries than my own but in the items it is always shown as German Flag -> Worldwide for example. This got me confused with BTCGlobal's shipping from China that was marked as something European.
This breaks also the filter for "shipped from …".
I go to Chile now and can't change my country to Chile without providing these?
Invalid phone number
Invalid first name
Invalid last name
Invalid street
Invalid zipcode
Invalid city

ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 01:05:08 PM

… and please get a bug tracker. I fear I might repeat myself (or others) and a bug tracker makes it easier for you to prioritize stuff and tell your users to have fixed it.

ɃɃ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: