Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmit - Bitcoin shopping mall - Bitcoin market place - Bitcoin auction house  (Read 142470 times)
Bitcoi2n2n

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:10:46 PM

Bitmit closing?!?!? NO WAY!!!

That site was just perfect!

Please tell me someone is going to create an alternative! (with escrow)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:04:49 PM

If BitMit is shutting down, what will happen to orders and payments that are still in escrow?

What'll happen? At least one guy is going to hold out till the bitter end. I am holding on payment in escrow, for item that hasn't been received. It's been more than 30 days. The item was held up in China post and returned to the shipper. I have received nothing and GlobalBTC still has the item. I've asked for a refund and instead have been told it's reshipped. I have no desire to wait another 30days. Refund my coins. There isn't another 30days this time.

order: 32653
tracking # RB844557973CN
17track.net

I've got a similar issue. I sent an order via sea mail that won't arrive until about christmas.

On top of that the buyer is taking advantage of the bitcoin price increase and now only wants to give me 1/3 of the original purchase price via a direct wallet transfer.

I've sent an email buy got no reply yet...

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
FatMagic

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:33:17 PM

Not if i can help it it wont.   Grin
This is sad. BitMit is the first bitcoin ebay that had a nice resemblance to ebay! I thought they were taking sponsors to upgrade the site. But nope. Site's commiting suicide.

+1

Thank you very much DemonMaestro - I hope you can help them. I really really love BitMit. It's perfect. The best BTC marketplace. I don't want to see them close down Sad

Save Bitmit!

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:03:21 PM

Ito love bitmit and have emailed the owner about buying the site. I would love to continue the site and think it has huge potential.
crudpuppy

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:29:57 PM

Yeah sees to indicate they are prolly over run with the support and maintenance of the site as its grown too big with their comment "should be run by a more professional business entity" its prolly just a guy or two that had a good idea and its gotten too big for me :-)

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
FatMagic

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:31:55 PM

BitMit has spoiled me. If BitMit closes, I won't use another service until said service can provide:

(1) Built-In Escrow (no 3rd party)

(2) Instant Delivery for Digital Sales (Video Game Codes/Gifts/Keys, Gift Cards, etc)

(3) Easy Auction/Buy It Now posting features.

Please someone buy the site and run it!

Bitcoi2n2n

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:08:21 PM

If I would have the knowledge for running a site I would buy it directly. Bet you can make a living out of the fees.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:29:02 PM

we have been here before. just auction bitmit on the front page of bitmit. the person who pays the most will be the person who believes he can get the most value out of it so it will then be relocated to its highest value application. this is how a market economy works. someone who believes they can pay $50,000 for bitmit and still make a profit is someone who has big plans, someone who has great ideas for how to take bitmit to great places. if that person is wrong than it will be sold again and again until someone buys it who isn't wrong.

please tosaki. do this right, it doesn't matter who runs it so long as the person who runs it proves that he believes that it is as valuable as we believe it is. please please please auction it off to the highest bidder.

to anyone else who is reading this, do what you can to communicate this message to tosaki.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:35:27 PM

we have been here before. just auction bitmit on the front page of bitmit. the person who pays the most will be the person who believes he can get the most value out of it so it will then be relocated to its highest value application. this is how a market economy works. someone who believes they can pay $50,000 for bitmit and still make a profit is someone who has big plans, someone who has great ideas for how to take bitmit to great places. if that person is wrong than it will be sold again and again until someone buys it who isn't wrong.

please tosaki. do this right, it doesn't matter who runs it so long as the person who runs it proves that he believes that it is as valuable as we believe it is. please please please auction it off to the highest bidder.

to anyone else who is reading this, do what you can to communicate this message to tosaki.

I emailed Chan the owner but he has not responded. Lately he has been taking longer and longer to reply to my emails. I have been chatting with him lately over emails
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 10:03:15 PM

I basically agree with you except for the part where bitmit holds more than the auction value in users' funds that the winner might just grab and run.

As much as I always bitched Tosaki about his secretive change of ownership of both the site and the "tosaki" account here on the forum I must admit my worries were unfounded if bitmit comes to a good end now. I hope that skeptical persons like me were not a big contributing factor to stop work on this great project.

I hope that some reputable player (coinbase, bitpay, …) publicly buys bitmit and not some shady "for obvious reasons we try to be anonymous" entity.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 11:13:07 PM

BitMit has spoiled me. If BitMit closes, I won't use another service until said service can provide:

(1) Built-In Escrow (no 3rd party)

(2) Instant Delivery for Digital Sales (Video Game Codes/Gifts/Keys, Gift Cards, etc)

(3) Easy Auction/Buy It Now posting features.

Please someone buy the site and run it!

That other one doesn't have an escrow? Fuck. I thought it did!

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:26:41 PM

I emailed Chan the owner but he has not responded. Lately he has been taking longer and longer to reply to my emails. I have been chatting with him lately over emails

I had emailed him also. I have all the resources to keep it up and running for a very long time. NEVER to be sold again.  Shocked Cool

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:53:18 PM

I had emailed him also. I have all the resources to keep it up and running for a very long time. NEVER to be sold again.  Shocked Cool
Do you have any interested in a partnership? Rather then me and you bidding it out on a war?

Well seems to me bitmit has decided just to let their service burn for the next 4 weeks. I won an auction I while ago and i can not pay for it nor did i get an email saying I won. So it is just sitting there saying Winner Starsoccer but I cant go to an orderpage to pay as it does not exist.
demonmaestro

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:05:06 AM

Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully he will get back with us soon. As a WebMaster/SA all the downtime that the site has had is not good at all. 

Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:18:30 AM

Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully he will get back with us soon. As a WebMaster/SA all the downtime that the site has had is not good at all. 
Agreed, Downtime is rarely good.

I have sent you a pm in hopes we could talk and work some sorta agreement out
User705
Legendary

Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:49:44 AM

Not trying to be rude but if bitmit were to actually be available for sale it would likely attract quite a few bidders but the owner would have to reveal himself at least to the buyer to do the transfer.

demonmaestro

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:56:45 AM

Not trying to be rude but if bitmit were to actually be available for sale it would likely attract quite a few bidders but the owner would have to reveal himself at least to the buyer to do the transfer.

Not trying to be rude but Gee you think Huh  Cheesy

User705
Legendary

Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:03:17 AM

Sorry you just made it seem like you two are just going to pm each other and no one else would bother since you got it handled.   Wink  Anyways if one accepts the official version of needing a more professional manager the fact that the announcement is weirdly timed and now the non working site seem to only confirm that.

demonmaestro

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:07:52 AM

indeed is does seem to be odd however if they are looking at selling it. then i will be looking at doing what i can to keep the site online.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:02:38 AM

I basically agree with you except for the part where bitmit holds more than the auction value in users' funds that the winner might just grab and run.

As much as I always bitched Tosaki about his secretive change of ownership of both the site and the "tosaki" account here on the forum I must admit my worries were unfounded if bitmit comes to a good end now. I hope that skeptical persons like me were not a big contributing factor to stop work on this great project.

I hope that some reputable player (coinbase, bitpay, …) publicly buys bitmit and not some shady "for obvious reasons we try to be anonymous" entity.

it is HIGHLY unlikely that an auction would not raise more than bitmit was holding in user funds. basically it would just be factored into the bids. so if the market valued bitmit at 100 bitcoins without reserves of user funds than if it had 200 bitcoins in reserves of user funds than the market would pay ~ 300 bitcoins because who ever bought it would just get 200 of his bitcons back right away.

of course since it is technically possible it would probably be wise to put a reserve on the auction of atleast more than it was holding in reserves at the time.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: