Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:27:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will BTC be at least $1000 USD before 2015?
Yes!   - 77 (21.8%)
No. - 188 (53.3%)
I like bacon.   - 88 (24.9%)
Total Voters: 353

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PB Mining -- 5 year mining contracts!  (Read 378866 times)
wantaduff

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:06:44 PM

Hi Guys,

does anyone know if PBMining is planning to use mining power to mine other currencys like Peercoin and so on?
I think it would be very nice to decide for yourself what you want to mine.

Thanks in advance!

WantaDuff

How about merged mining? Does PBmining has any plans for that? In lunamine, it caught my attention that  for the 1 TH contract, they plan to include merge mining.

I think thats what i´ve meant, if i get it right, merged mining is e.g you can decide if you want to mine bitcoins today and altcoins tomorrow isn´t it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lanshop2010

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:14:11 PM

From what I understand, merged mining is still mining bitcoin. But since some coins are based on bitcoin code, you can use the same hashing power to mine those coins, like for example namecoin. Of course, those coins should support merged mining for you to be able to do this. For example, for a single hashing power, you mine bitcoin and namecoin, without losing or dividing hashing power. Some bitcoin pools already support merged mining. I think this is what lunamine is saying in their ad.

I just don't know if current merged mining setups bring in considerable additional income.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:26:04 PM

From what I understand, merged mining is still mining bitcoin. But since some coins are based on bitcoin code, you can use the same hashing power to mine those coins, like for example namecoin. Of course, those coins should support merged mining for you to be able to do this. For example, for a single hashing power, you mine bitcoin and namecoin, without losing or dividing hashing power. Some bitcoin pools already support merged mining. I think this is what lunamine is saying in their ad.

I just don't know if current merged mining setups bring in considerable additional income.

What you are saying is correct, but the merge-mined coins are of really little value, such as Namecoin, Ixcoin and Devcoin. They don't really make a difference, and exchanging them is a unnecessary hassle.
lanshop2010

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:17:01 PM

So it's the same with bitcoin. I noticed that too in vertcoin/monocoin and the crytonight coins (xmr/fcn). The merged coins don't have much value and I wondered if it was worth the effort.
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:50:36 PM

So it's the same with bitcoin. I noticed that too in vertcoin/monocoin and the crytonight coins (xmr/fcn). The merged coins don't have much value and I wondered if it was worth the effort.

It really doesn't make that much of a difference, so why even bother implementing it. Thanks for your suggestion though.
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:54:10 PM

which is the next Price: 0.0022 BTC ??

THE CURRENT PRICE NO LONGER WITH COMPETITIVE CEX

Every time price went down, minimum buy always rise. those who have small amount BTC will sad (like me)  Sad
only have 11 GH/s

But, i think price is competitive, because PBMining don't cost any fee. while cex.io still had some fee  Grin

I think merged mining will have extra profit
maybe someone that know more can help us Huh

I don't get this cloud mining  Undecided
So let's say I buy 1TH/s, that's worth BTC2.9 then I mine for 30 days. Then after that, I don't want to mine anymore.
Do I get my BTC2.9 back plus my earnings from mining??

That's not going to happen
because it's CONTRACT and cannot canceled

I think you need read carefully Terms of Service / the contract

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
Netwerked

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:13:14 PM

To put it in perspective, I was using bitminter.com to do merged mining with BTC and NMC.  The mining took place between April 2013 and July 2014.  Initially it was with a couple of GPUs, then with a 5GH/s Butterfly Labs Jalapeno (yeah, overall I lost $250 choosing to buy the Jalapeno).

I cashed out with ~0.98BTC and ~6.7NMC.  I converted the ~6.7NMC to ~0.02BTC.  In this case, merged mining might give you a ~2% boost, but it mainly depends on the value of the other coins that you mine.  NMC is currently 1.52USD a coin and XMR is 2.18USD, so you can expect XMR to give you a similar boost.

Also, when converting coins like NMC to BTC, you have to send them to an exchange, like btc-e.com.  Bitminter.com charged a 0.005NMC fee to send it.  I'm sure the exchange made some money off of the bid/ask spread, and then there was another small fee to send the BTC to my wallet (outside the exchange).  The fees aren't bad if you send larger amounts of money, but the really eat into profits if you send frequently.

In sum, merged mining is a nice feature to have, but it isn't a big deal.
BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:34:34 PM

I don't get this cloud mining  Undecided
So let's say I buy 1TH/s, that's worth BTC2.9 then I mine for 30 days. Then after that, I don't want to mine anymore.
not after you decide to do mining in the cloud PBmining
then there will be a contract for 5 years, after 5 years of the contract will be completed
and for 5 years you will get the added benefit of capital
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:35:44 PM

then there will be a contract for 5 years, after 5 years of the contract will be completed

With this 5 year thing, is there any way it would become unprofitable to mine within the 5 years?  I guess not since there are no fees right?  How do they manage to keep this up with no fees, when expenses are probably changing all the time?
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 06:05:27 PM

With this 5 year thing, is there any way it would become unprofitable to mine within the 5 years?  I guess not since there are no fees right?  How do they manage to keep this up with no fees, when expenses are probably changing all the time?

This could potentially happen. I do not know how they mitigate this risk. Perhaps they plan certain amounts of contingency time into their business model?

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 06:11:17 PM

This could potentially happen. I do not know how they mitigate this risk. Perhaps they plan certain amounts of contingency time into their business model?

That's what making me think it isn't a legit mining group. Roll Eyes or they maybe doing it for promoting BTC but it is very rare and not applicable with ~1 PH without a great donator but I couldn't see any of their post asking big donations.
Kindly,
       MZ

PBmining (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 06:13:47 PM

With this 5 year thing, is there any way it would become unprofitable to mine within the 5 years?  I guess not since there are no fees right?  How do they manage to keep this up with no fees, when expenses are probably changing all the time?

We could have had fees when we started, but we decided to incorporate the costs into the purchase price instead.  This not only simplifies it for the customer but also doesn't surprise them down the road.  

As for the question "How do they do this?"... well our business model is simply awesome that's how.  Plus we use the following special sauce:

(shhhh it's a secret!)

Did you know?: Most of our hash power comes from other sources.  We are now specialized in the resale of cloudmining contracts through our associates!
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 07:21:47 PM

With this 5 year thing, is there any way it would become unprofitable to mine within the 5 years?  I guess not since there are no fees right?  How do they manage to keep this up with no fees, when expenses are probably changing all the time?

We could have had fees when we started, but we decided to incorporate the costs into the purchase price instead.  This not only simplifies it for the customer but also doesn't surprise them down the road.  

As for the question "How do they do this?"... well our business model is simply awesome that's how.  Plus we use the following special sauce:

(shhhh it's a secret!)

+1.
I really like the concept. Can you tell me how much fees are you buying at the time of buying the contract? Is the fee per GHs or is the fee per xGHs?
Kindly,
       MZ

umairsaleem010

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:41:05 PM

As for the question "How do they do this?"... well our business model is simply awesome that's how. ...

I love you and have some TH/s with you at http://pbmining.com/
but hope that you will propose always THE BEST price.
Now it is X proposing 0.0028 BTC / GH/s !

Please dont threadcrap and advertise.

I would like to stay with PBMining ! They are so adaptive !

Why did you quote the site then.

Netwerked

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:54:04 PM

Here is how I look at it.  If you go to https://tradeblock.com/mining/, the cheapest mining hardware available is made by Spondoolies-Tech and costs about 2.00USD per GH/s, plus one-time shipping, plus monthly electricity.  A pbmining.com contract can be purchased for ~1.71USD per GH/s, which includes all future fees.

I as a consumer cannot beat pbmining's price, so it makes sense to use their service, assuming one is willing to take on the risk that comes with bitcoin mining (i.e. difficulty can get out of control, thus reducing the chance one will ever break even).  Lately, difficulty increases have been mild, which is great news for us!

Yes, pbmining does seem too good to be true, but it could be possible for it to run profitably.  Perhaps the owner has a special deal to buy mining equipment at a reduced cost.  Perhaps a data center with solar power is used.  Perhaps the mining is outsourced to another company in an area with low electricity rates (or solar power) that offers volume purchase discounts.  Of course, a business is not going to give away its trade secrets, or other businesses might take advantage of that same business model.

Yes, there is a concern that 0.0029BTC is not enough money to fund the electricity for mining at 1GH/s for 5 years.  That's true if today's hardware is used for 5 years, but there will be a lot of advances over the next year.  For example, in April 2013, my Butterfly Labs Jalapeno cost $425, used 30 watts, and mined at ~5GH/s (actually it was a 7GH/s model, but it didn't mine as fast as promised).  That's 6 watts per GH.  Today there is mining equipment from a couple of vendors that use as little as 0.5 watts per GH.  Let's see what the future holds.

What if pbmining is using our money to make volume purchases of short-term mining contracts somewhere else?  After that first contract expires, subsequent contracts can be purchased for less, and so on.  For this hypothetical business model to be successful, the price per GH  and watts per GH must drop significantly over time, or they'll hit a financial crunch.  We're relying on pbmining to charge enough for our contracts up front to cover 5 years of future fees.  At least most of our investment comes back to us near the beginning of the contract, so we can rest easier every week.  Just don't put all of your eggs in one basket.
testerman

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:24:28 AM

Here is how I look at it.  If you go to https://tradeblock.com/mining/, the cheapest mining hardware available is made by Spondoolies-Tech and costs about 2.00USD per GH/s, plus one-time shipping, plus monthly electricity.  A pbmining.com contract can be purchased for ~1.71USD per GH/s, which includes all future fees.

I as a consumer cannot beat pbmining's price, so it makes sense to use their service, assuming one is willing to take on the risk that comes with bitcoin mining (i.e. difficulty can get out of control, thus reducing the chance one will ever break even).  Lately, difficulty increases have been mild, which is great news for us!

Yes, pbmining does seem too good to be true, but it could be possible for it to run profitably.  Perhaps the owner has a special deal to buy mining equipment at a reduced cost.  Perhaps a data center with solar power is used.  Perhaps the mining is outsourced to another company in an area with low electricity rates (or solar power) that offers volume purchase discounts.  Of course, a business is not going to give away its trade secrets, or other businesses might take advantage of that same business model.

Yes, there is a concern that 0.0029BTC is not enough money to fund the electricity for mining at 1GH/s for 5 years.  That's true if today's hardware is used for 5 years, but there will be a lot of advances over the next year.  For example, in April 2013, my Butterfly Labs Jalapeno cost $425, used 30 watts, and mined at ~5GH/s (actually it was a 7GH/s model, but it didn't mine as fast as promised).  That's 6 watts per GH.  Today there is mining equipment from a couple of vendors that use as little as 0.5 watts per GH.  Let's see what the future holds.

What if pbmining is using our money to make volume purchases of short-term mining contracts somewhere else?  After that first contract expires, subsequent contracts can be purchased for less, and so on.  For this hypothetical business model to be successful, the price per GH  and watts per GH must drop significantly over time, or they'll hit a financial crunch.  We're relying on pbmining to charge enough for our contracts up front to cover 5 years of future fees.  At least most of our investment comes back to us near the beginning of the contract, so we can rest easier every week.  Just don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

good point
akujin

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:17:22 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 03:16:22 PM by akujin

(shhhh it's a secret!)

I think I know the secret!  Grin Grin Grin
You piggyback on your neighbor's wifi for your internet connection, then you piggyback on an electrical post for electricity?

LOL! Just kidding!  Grin Grin

Where is the data center located?
===

ok found it. canada

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
Netwerked

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:17:10 PM

===

ok found it. canada

Most of our mining operation isn't even in the country [Canada] anymore...
akujin

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:49:41 PM

===

ok found it. canada

Most of our mining operation isn't even in the country [Canada] anymore...
Hmm.. So where could they be.. I wanna know how much is their electricity rate

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
rodeoclownicp

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:07:04 AM

just recieved payment- first baby
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: