Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:43:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will BTC be at least $1000 USD before 2015?
Yes!   - 77 (21.8%)
No. - 188 (53.3%)
I like bacon.   - 88 (24.9%)
Total Voters: 353

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PB Mining -- 5 year mining contracts!  (Read 378866 times)
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:50:20 PM

Is it just me or is the Website hard to access?

This page (http://pbmining.com/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site.

It's just you.

Yep...no problem at all...

Be carefull...maybe it's "the.old.man"  who mess up with your computer  LOL

"the.old.man" in my computer hmm not think so  Roll Eyes

Working again some problem with cloudflare said website is offline, dunno maybe problem my internet connection.

In what country are you? Might be CloudFlare region-based problems.

Germoney Smiley

Yes, could be because the Android App worked and balance counted up.

It looks like CloudFlare's server in Frankfurt is having some problems, it's probably that.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PBmining (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 08:55:13 PM

I also urge all of his victims to make complains to the police.

I agree, the police should be involved, even if the actual theft will be difficult to bring to conclusions, there is a cybercrime involved here and this will be taken seriously.

He registered with his real name, and I could find his twitter account very easily with a picture of him on it.  I may be violating privacy terms by publishing his name and picture here, but I would readily give it to any law enforcement official if I had the chance.  His name is very easy to find, as he seems to throw it around quite a bit.  Unfortunately the forum where he has found most of his victims is full of non-english speakers, so you can imagine how hard it has been to communicate with them when they come to me with hacked accounts.  

If anybody can communicate in Indonesian, I would appreciate some assistance in opening up a better communication channel between the victims of Oldman's attack.  We need someone fluent in both languages.

Did you know?: Most of our hash power comes from other sources.  We are now specialized in the resale of cloudmining contracts through our associates!
rodeoclownicp

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:04:40 PM

i think that if everday somebody posted the meanest thing possible like they were "glad your mother died" it is just words and freedom of speech (freedom to piss people off) should be protected. but stealing is different, stealing should be dealt with by the law-this man should answer to law enforcment- in this case i support pb freezing the account in order to take the case to law enforcment, and (i am very against this type of action no account should ever be frozen for any reason- but stealing)... but freezing an account should not benefit the person freezing it- the person freezing it could have valid points such as " i have had to do extra work because of your stealing" but the person freezing it should not get to also make a legal ruling and therefore become a theif also- u dont let the accused or the victim rule as a jury or judge... i would support random 12 member panel of miners.... to be fare even to accused... or law enforcement should be notified so "old man" can have a face to face with "the man"
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:07:11 PM

I agree, the police should be involved, even if the actual theft will be difficult to bring to conclusions, there is a cybercrime involved here and this will be taken seriously.

He registered with his real name, and I could find his twitter account very easily with a picture of him on it.  I may be violating privacy terms by publishing his name and picture here, but I would readily give it to any law enforcement official if I had the chance.  His name is very easy to find, as he seems to throw it around quite a bit.  Unfortunately the forum where he has found most of his victims is full of non-english speakers, so you can imagine how hard it has been to communicate with them when they come to me with hacked accounts.  

If anybody can communicate in Indonesian, I would appreciate some assistance in opening up a better communication channel between the victims of Oldman's attack.  We need someone fluent in both languages.

I really support how PBMining is handling this. If you ever unban his account (wich I strongly advise against it) at least take all his refferals away.
rodeoclownicp

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:07:15 PM

yes law enforcment- dont sink to his level-good catch thanks for protecting people-sorry u even have to be in this position...
byt411

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:08:53 PM

i think that if everday somebody posted the meanest thing possible like they were "glad your mother died" it is just words and freedom of speech (freedom to piss people off) should be protected. but stealing is different, stealing should be dealt with by the law-this man should answer to law enforcment- in this case i support pb freezing the account in order to take the case to law enforcment, and (i am very against this type of action no account should ever be frozen for any reason- but stealing)... but freezing an account should not benefit the person freezing it- the person freezing it could have valid points such as " i have had to do extra work because of your stealing" but the person freezing it should not get to also make a legal ruling and therefore become a theif also- u dont let the accused or the victim rule as a jury or judge... i would support random 12 member panel of miners.... to be fare even to accused... or law enforcement should be notified so "old man" can have a face to face with "the man"

The btc is still there, it hasn't been confiscated by PBMining. The police usually do the same, when you are under suspicion for money laundering for example, your bank accounts get frozen, but if you are proven innocent, they are unfrozen and you can have your money back.
But this guy is obviously guilty, he admitted it.
rodeoclownicp

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:13:13 PM

The btc is still there, it hasn't been confiscated by PBMining. The police usually do the same, when you are under suspicion for money laundering for example, your bank accounts get frozen, but if you are proven innocent, they are unfrozen and you can have your money back.

yes- thanks for stating the obvious- we are past that- what happens to the funds is the issue- who gets them-"but freezing an account should not benefit the person freezing it- the person freezing it could have valid points such as " i have had to do extra work because of your stealing" but the person freezing it should not get to also make a legal ruling and therefore become a theif also- u dont let the accused or the victim rule as a jury or judge"

i can always count on you byt411 to fumble the ball with a kissy ass opinion- "teacher you forgot to asign homework" - just add me to your ignore list-you are so anoying-no response please just buhby
byt411

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:23:53 PM

yes- thanks for stating the obvious- we are past that- what happens to the funds is the issue- who gets them-"but freezing an account should not benefit the person freezing it- the person freezing it could have valid points such as " i have had to do extra work because of your stealing" but the person freezing it should not get to also make a legal ruling and therefore become a theif also- u dont let the accused or the victim rule as a jury or judge"

i can always count on you byt411 to fumble the ball with a kissy ass opinion- "teacher you forgot to asign homework" - just add me to your ignore list-you are so anoying-no response please just buhby

Lol.... I'm sorry if I annoyed you, I have no idea how my response would have done so. And I thought it was quite obvious, the funds will be given back to the victims, as PBMining said, we need someone that can communicate properly with the victims so that we can compensate them. PBMining is in no way a thief, PBMining is a victim too since they have to sort out this mess.
5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:43:05 PM

Is it just me or is the Website hard to access?

This page (http://pbmining.com/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site.

It's just you.

Yep...no problem at all...

Be carefull...maybe it's "the.old.man"  who mess up with your computer  LOL

"the.old.man" in my computer hmm not think so  Roll Eyes

Working again some problem with cloudflare said website is offline, dunno maybe problem my internet connection.

In what country are you? Might be CloudFlare region-based problems.

Germoney Smiley

Yes, could be because the Android App worked and balance counted up.

It looks like CloudFlare's server in Frankfurt is having some problems, it's probably that.

Ok thanks so that was indeed the problem,  London and Amsterdam also : https://www.cloudflare.com/system-status

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk
Mike18feb

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

MΣC

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:49:40 PM

Yeah, I've been having issues accessing PBMining as well from the Netherlands. Most of the riches are in the wallet now though (YAY for PayDay!), so not much to see. Or actually... already spent today's payment. Oink...

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
rodeoclownicp

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:52:43 PM

Lol.... I'm sorry if I annoyed you, I have no idea how my response would have done so. And I thought it was quite obvious, the funds will be given back to the victims, as PBMining said, we need someone that can communicate properly with the victims so that we can compensate them. PBMining is in no way a thief, PBMining is a victim too since they have to sort out this mess.

dude we are so past that- why do u even post please ignore me- its not giving " funds........ back to the victims"... funds that belong to the victims are theirs, nobody is giving them anything-the "funds" are theirs.... it is the funds that belong to "the old man" that are in question- and who can make that decision does not equal who should make that decision... right now pb has control but that doesnt mean he has the right to disseminate punitive damages... if "old man" is thrown out of mining, what people think should happen to his gh does not mean it is what should happen... this  
PBmining (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 10:06:04 PM

Rodeoclown what do you think the appropriate course of action is, exactly?

Did you know?: Most of our hash power comes from other sources.  We are now specialized in the resale of cloudmining contracts through our associates!
PBmining (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 10:23:11 PM

Yeah, I've been having issues accessing PBMining as well from the Netherlands. Most of the riches are in the wallet now though (YAY for PayDay!), so not much to see. Or actually... already spent today's payment. Oink...

I have submitted a ticket with Cloudflare in attempt to get a better understanding of what's going on.

rodeoclownicp

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:29:52 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 10:55:36 PM by rodeoclownicp

hello pb-we rarely get this chance to talk - your in a tough spot

well, of course return lost or stolen coin to victims- if this is impossible due to the amount stole devide it up proportionally ---- you can contact law enforcement - but that could in a way be victimizing to you (you like privacy), you should offer him the opportunity to contact law enforcement(but lets face it he wont chose this) - so here it is- you wait till you are sure all victims have been discovered and reimbursed then you take his initial investment lets say 5btc .......... 5btc - btc paid back to victims - btc earned mining = amount old man gets back (or equals the new value of contract just in case returning btc victimizes you more)... but i dont think you should keep btc for yourself that is a slippery slope and without a court award its theft.. if you ever are in a court case your integrity would be damaged or theft proven... thieving from a thief is wrong.. but with tx id it could shut some haters up ( same with contract equivalency-for this choice give him a choice - for btc sent back, no say so needed) you would be protected from any wrong doing... any effort lost is recompensable only if repoted to the legal system...

he is a thief but he is still a human being deserving of inalienable human rights...even after a crime... you may make a choice but it will reflect on all of us.. take a deep breath ... pat yourself on the back for job well done and make the right decision even if it isnt easy .......you can get co-signers to encourage you to do the wrong thing but it will reflect on you

i guess we will see what happens, i am curious to see what kind of person i lease gh from
PBmining (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 10:58:46 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 11:19:46 PM by PBmining

Returning any hash power to Oldman could be seen as cooperation with a criminal as well; all we do know is that referral credits were made with a very malicious intent.  So far the best option I can see in the long-term is to store his payouts in a separate wallet until we are have a clearer answer on what to do with them, hopefully by someone with an understanding of the laws in his jurisdiction (Indonesia?).  The amount owing to the victims is very small compared to what he had built up.  It appears that his referrals amounted to about 2.6TH/s 751GHs, which is significant amount.

More opinions are welcome.  

edit: It also appears (from what I can see on the admin side) that all of his hash power is from referrals, with no purchases.  I will need help from one of my developers in getting the complete history since I can only see 100 referrals back, but since the end of April that is the case.  He joined in the middle of March.

5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:59:35 PM

I have submitted a ticket with Cloudflare in attempt to get a better understanding of what's going on.

Seems there are working on it, for more details:

https://twitter.com/cloudflaresys

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk
byt411

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:03:07 PM

well, of course return lost or stolen coin to victims- if this is impossible due to the amount stole devide it up proportionally ---- you can contact law enforcement - but that could in a way be victimizing to you (you like privacy), you should offer him the opportunity to contact law enforcement(but lets face it he wont chose this) - so here it is- you wait till you are sure all victims have been discovered and reimbursed then you take his initial investment lets say 5btc .......... 5btc - btc paid back to victims - btc earned mining = amount old man gets back (or equals the new value of contract just in case returning btc victimizes you more)... but i dont think you should keep btc for yourself that is a slippery slope and without a court award its theft.. if you ever are in a court case your integrity would be damaged or theft proven... thieving from a thief is wrong.. but with tx id it could shut some haters up ( same with contract equivalency-for this choice give him a choice - for btc sent back, no say so needed) you would be protected from any wrong doing... any effort lost is recompensable only if repoted to the legal system...

he is a thief but he is still a human being deserving of inalienable human rights...even after a crime... you may make a choice but it will reflect on all of us.. take a deep breath ... pat yourself on the back for job well done and make the right decision even if it isnt easy .......you can get co-signers to encourage you to do the wrong thing but it will reflect on you

i guess we will see what happens, i am curious to see what kind of person i lease gh from

This is the appropriate course of action, but please may I suggest a slightly alternative plan. Instead of canceling his contracts and paying the remaining back according to your formula, his bought contracts should be left as is, but all of his weekly earnings won't be paid out to him. Instead, the victims will get compensated according to the amount they lost, and PBMining will reimbruise these victims. OldMan is now in debt with PBMining, and the weekly earnings will be deducted from this debt until all of it is cleared.
I suggest this because if PBMinings adds a contract of the value he should be compensated by wouldn't be fair, since these contracts are supposed to expire in 5 years, so the date wouldn't be correct, and a bit extra would be paid back.
If you compensate him with BTC directly, it would be better for him since he can re-invest this BTC, and do the above.
rodeoclownicp

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:29:21 PM

This is the appropriate course of action, but please may I suggest a slightly alternative plan. Instead of canceling his contracts and paying the remaining back according to your formula, his bought contracts should be left as is, but all of his weekly earnings won't be paid out to him. Instead, the victims will get compensated according to the amount they lost, and PBMining will reimbruise these victims. OldMan is now in debt with PBMining, and the weekly earnings will be deducted from this debt until all of it is cleared.
I suggest this because if PBMinings adds a contract of the value he should be compensated by wouldn't be fair, since these contracts are supposed to expire in 5 years, so the date wouldn't be correct, and a bit extra would be paid back.
If you compensate him with BTC directly, it would be better for him since he can re-invest this BTC, and do the above.

you are the dumbest person i have ever met please ignore my posts.. i can ignore all of your posts that dont involve me.. i said to subtract what is owed already and you act like you came up with a new idea...its the same idea, if u assume all people are as dumb as you then you will always be making these retarted clarifications... i was nice about it the first time..so please add me to your ignore list byt411... u are a crazy person
SlientBit

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:40:42 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 11:53:25 PM by SlientBit

Returning any hash power to Oldman could be seen as cooperation with a criminal as well, since his referral credits were made with a very malicious intention.  So far the best option I can see in the long-term is to store his payouts in a separate wallet until we are have a clearer answer on what to do with them, hopefully by someone with an understanding of the laws in his jurisdiction (Indonesia?).  The amount owing to the victims is very small compared to what he had built up.  It appears that his referrals amounted to about 2.6TH/s, which is significant amount.

The way I see it:

• 1) Return the victim amounts to the victims and make sure their PB accounts are fine and their contacts are being fulfilled - they have done nothing wrong and paid for their contacts, they should be getting the service they contracted. You'll have to get these amounts from the perpetrator's balance - if he has stolen from them, this constitutes the returning of the stolen values.
  • 2) Revisit your terms of agreement and contract and make sure there's something there that allows you to void it. If so, proceed accordingly. As long as the situation taken place constitutes a violation of the contract and, therefore, it is voided, you can do whatever is set forth under the contract clauses/terms of service for void.

If 1) and 2) are done, it's the end of the issue, no matter how much discussion it may still induce in this thread or elsewhere.

However, should there not be any provisioning for such situations in the terms/contact, you have the problem of jurisdiction - either your local laws' general provision for the situation apply or the perpetrator's do.

Either way, you can't be sure without proper juridic and law enforcement support, and even then, since you are not running a business that requires KYC procedures (assuming everything else is accordingly to the laws you're abiding) , it might be impossible to determine the perpetrator's identity ... and a complaint against John Doe will only become a nightmare from wich you will never get out from Sad

In such case, after 1) is done and verified, you'll have to reactivate the perpetrator's account and provide him with the service he contracted, including all the payments withhold until then, or else, you'll be the one voiding the contract by not fulfilling it accordingly.

This, I know, really sucks and will probably get a lot of us wondering about PB, besides giving you a hell of a headache for sure :/ - but it's the only way for you to proceed, in such a setting.

Anyway, afterwards, you must draw a new terms of service/contract for any future contracts, that include the necessary clauses to handle these type of situations - all new contracts will be protected from this ever happening again.

For the present and running contracts, however, you'll have to communicate the new terms and allow for contract owners to either accept the new terms or reject them.

• In the first stance, their contracts go on as usual and the new terms apply, because they have willingly accepted the changes - it constitutes a revision of the terms accepted by both parties, so no issues derive from it.
  • Should they not accept the new terms, you can terminate the contract, but only if the original terms of service provided a way to do so. If it doesn't, you're screwed, as you're obliged to keep fulfilling those contracts under the original terms, until they expire.

The way you go about this will be of the utmost importance for all of us, and, on my part, Ill be wiling to accept new revised terms to avoid any future theft like this one - but only if I think you're handling of these matters and your integrity are worthy of such, as up until now.

I'm sure each and every contract owner will also show you how they feel and are willing to act and support you - some will do it here, publicly, others will do it privately, but you'll get the feedback you need.
You should, however, use the website to convey the situation, as not every contract owner comes here Smiley

Best of luck and lots of calm and reflected thinking for this. It is a defining moment.

byt411

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:56:23 PM

you are the dumbest person i have ever met please ignore my posts.. i can ignore all of your posts that dont involve me.. i said to subtract what is owed already and you act like you came up with a new idea...its the same idea, if u assume all people are as dumb as you then you will always be making these retarted clarifications... i was nice about it the first time..so please add me to your ignore list byt411... u are a crazy person

I'm sorry, but my post clearly states that it is a slightly alternative plan, and if you read it you will understand why your plan has to be adjusted a little. Shouting insults without reasoning at people isn't a good idea. I did not act like I came up with a new idea, as I said, it is a slight change.

Returning any hash power to Oldman could be seen as cooperation with a criminal as well, since his referral credits were made with a very malicious intention.  So far the best option I can see in the long-term is to store his payouts in a separate wallet until we are have a clearer answer on what to do with them, hopefully by someone with an understanding of the laws in his jurisdiction (Indonesia?).  The amount owing to the victims is very small compared to what he had built up.  It appears that his referrals amounted to about 2.6TH/s, which is significant amount.

The way I see it:

• 1) Return the victim amounts to the victims and make sure their PB accounts are fine and their contacts are being fulfilled - they have done nothing wrong and paid for their contacts, they should be getting the service they contracted. You'll have to get these amounts from the perpetrator's balance - if he has stolen from them, this constitutes the returning of the stolen values.
  • 2) Revisit your terms of agreement and contract and make sure there's something there that allows you to void it. If so, proceed accordingly. As long as the situation taken place constitutes a violation of the contract and, therefore, it is voided, you can do whatever is set forth under the contract clauses/terms of service for void.

If 1) and 2) are done, it's the end of the issue, no matter how much discussion it may still induce in this thread or elsewhere.

However, should there not be any provisioning for such situations in the terms/contact, you have the problem of jurisdiction - either your local laws' general provision for the situation apply or the perpetrator's do.

Either way, you can't be sure without proper juridic and law enforcement support, and even then, since you are not running a business that requires KYC procedures (assuming everything else is accordingly to the laws you're abiding) , it might be impossible to determine the perpetrator's identity ... and a complaint against John Doe will only become a nightmare from wich you will never get out from Sad

In such case, after 1) is done and verified, you'll have to reactivate the perpetrator's account and provide him with the service he contracted, including all the payments withhold until then, or else, you'll be the one voiding the contract by not fulfilling it accordingly.

This, I know, really sucks and will probably get a lot of us wondering about PB, besides giving you a hell of a headache for sure :/ - but it's the only way for you to proceed, in such a setting.

Anyway, afterwards, you must draw a new terms of service/contract for any future contracts, that include the necessary clauses to handle these type of situations - all new contracts will be protected from this ever happening again.

For the present and running contracts, however, you'll have to communicate the new terms and allow for contract owners to either accept the new terms or reject them.

• In the first stance, their contracts go on as usual and the new terms apply, because they have willingly accepted the changes - it constitutes a revision of the terms accepted by both parties, so no issues derive from it.
  • Should they not accept the new terms, you can terminate the contract, but only if the original terms of service provided a way to do so. If it doesn't, you're screwed, as you're obliged to keep fulfilling those contracts under the original terms, until they expire.

The way you go about this will be of the utmost importance for all of us, and, on my part, Ill be wiling to accept new revised terms to avoid any future theft like this one - but only if I think you're handling of these matters and your integrity are worthy of such, as up until now.

I'm sure each and every contract owner will also show you how they fell and are willing to act and support you - some will do it here, publicly, others will do it privately, but you'll get the feedback you need.
You should, however, use the website to convey the situation, as not every contract owner comes here Smiley

Best of luck and lots of calm and reflected thinking for this. It is a defining moment.

That sounds really good, however, the biggest problem is 2). Why? Because there are no Terms of Use/Terms of Service. This means that there actually aren't any agreements that allows PBMining to void the contract. Also, usually for businesses like these, the laws that apply are the local laws of the company, since customers are from all over the world, but then again, PBMining doesn't want to disclose its identity and might not tell us what country it is based in.
Actually, if you think about it properly, OldMan infecting people with Keyloggers has nothing to do with PBMining, and PBMining doesn't actually have to compensate anyone, but I think they froze the account because we all think it is immoral (obviously), since it is stealing, but it really doesn't have anything to do with them.
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: