Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:34:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will BTC be at least $1000 USD before 2015?
Yes!   - 77 (21.8%)
No. - 188 (53.3%)
I like bacon.   - 88 (24.9%)
Total Voters: 353

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PB Mining -- 5 year mining contracts!  (Read 378866 times)
MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:33:56 PM

I don't think pbmining is using any money on advertising. All pbmining ad's I've seen lately has been paid by pbmining customers trying to get refferals.

Do they not pay users for advertising for them? That's normally how affiliate marketing works.

Also jumping to a random page of pbminings post history it's clear that they spend tons of money on advertising: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=195208;sa=showPosts;start=260

Just check the weekly advertising threads by theymos, I've seen PBMining bidding up to 5 or so btc per week for advertising

▄▄████▄
          ██▀▀  ▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
   ██     ███▄▄▄▄██▀     ██
   ██      ▀▀▀██▀▀       ██
  ▄██                    ██▄
  ██▀       ██████       ▀██
  ██        ██  ██        ██
  ██       ███  ███       ██
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ██▀       ███  ███       ▀██
▄██        ████████        ██▄
███                        ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀████████████████████████▀

iBid

Decentralized Auctions
on Blockchain
  ▄██

▀██
██████████████████████████████████
▄ ▄▄
██▄▀██▄
████▄▀▀██▄
██████▄ ▀███▄▄
████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄
██████████▄ ▀ ▄████▄
██████████▀ ▄ ▀███▀▀
████████▀ ▄███▄ ▀
██████▀▄████▀▀
████▀▄███▀
██▀▄█▀▀
  ▀▀
GET IN ON
Google Play
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
  ▄██

▀██
█████████████████████████████████
          ▄▄█
         ▄██▀
    ▄▄▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████████████
▄██████████████▀
███████████████
███████████████
▀███████████████▄
 ████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████▀
   ▀████▀▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀

About us
Telegram
██████████████      ██████████████
███████████████    ███████████████
█████████████        █████████████
███████████            ███████████
████████████████  ████████████████
██████████              ██████████
██████████  ████  ████  ██████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████

███ SIGN UP ███
██████████▀▀▀▀████████████████████
██████████▄▄    ▀▀▀███████████████
██████████  ▀▀ ▄▄  ▄██████████████
█████████        ▀████████████████
████████▀        █████████████████
██████▀▀▀▄▄     ██     ▀▀▀████████
██████▄     ▀▀▄▄███▄         ▀████
█████████▄▄▄   ███████▄▄       ███
███████████████████████████▄▄▄████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
███▀             ▀████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████

All auctions start at $0
with no minimum reserve

AN  AUCTION

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:35:52 PM

Just check the weekly advertising threads by theymos, I've seen PBMining bidding up to 5 or so btc per week for advertising

And they must realize that half of that money is going to waste because half the people who see the ad think it's a ponzi.
Didldak

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Oh boy!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:20:58 PM

well it is a ponzi..

Hey.. watsup.
jseppeli

Activity: 430
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:07:56 PM

well it is a ponzi..

have you noticed that you're advertising a ponzi in your signature?
Zebra

Activity: 612

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:26:19 PM

well it is a ponzi..

Even worse, lunamine stops paying its miners and its advertisers, and the site doesn't work anymore.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=686826.400
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675315.280

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:37:45 PM

Instead even bitcoin devs are saying they're probably a ponzi, lol.

Um, no. The bitcoin dev said it is probable that some cloud hashing companies are ponzi's. He never pointed to any one of them and claimed they were.
Koko

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:41:19 PM

well it is a ponzi..

Even worse, lunamine stops paying its miners and its advertisers, and the site doesn't work anymore.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=686826.400
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675315.280

Huh, when did that happen? Well, thankfully I only signed up for a free trial and didn't actually invest anything. Should have withdrawn that 0.01 BTC when I had the chance lol
ONLYfree
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:45:05 PM

Dont worry, there is always came new cloud mining service and scam you again Smiley

-2: -1 / +0
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Koko

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:54:35 PM

Dont worry, there is always came new cloud mining service and scam you again Smiley

Who are you replying to? I personally didn't lose anything because they were giving away 10Ghs for free to promote their site. The only cloud mining site I ever invested in was PBmining which is doing alright so far. I'm finally breaking even in a few weeks.
jjc326

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:02:40 PM

well it is a ponzi..

Quality post, you should definitely get .0000001 BTC for your efforts on that post. 

What's that? Oh your signature company is a scam? Might want to remove their signature then.   Roll Eyes
Didldak

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Oh boy!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:19:43 PM

well it is a ponzi..

Yes I did.

Hey.. watsup.
tprogex

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 08:36:11 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 08:48:02 PM by tprogex

I have brought on April  Avalon 200G with lowest price on that time 1300 usd plus 200 usd shiping plus 560 usd tax. so totally more than 2000 usd I have get back only about 1200 usd (lost about 800 usd) and now this one drops to 105 ghs and brings 40-50 usd per month with 400 watt on same time I have brought 860 ghs on pbmining sure I know what it is Risky its brings all money on it back plus some profit and yet they pay plus without noise and space usage , so clealry pbmining makes match more sense it continues to pay I have shut down my avalon 200g. On same time if You would brought from cex You will clrealy lost half of Your money minimum I was avoid this but monitor its price movment.
Mike18feb

Activity: 657

MΣC

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:08:50 PM

Exactly, dumbasses like mike18 are acting like people are demanding they post their home address and threatening them. No ones done that, just asked for proof it's not a ponzi.

They spend several bitcoins a week on advertising which they wouldn't even need if they posted a tiny bit of proof they were legit.

Instead even bitcoin devs are saying they're probably a ponzi, lol.

Gonna laugh my ass off when this goes tits up
I assume mike18 is me? Explain the dumbass bit please. Seems rather inappropriate and disrespectful.

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
testerman

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:34:16 AM

Bitcoin is cheap right now , think i´ll add some piggies soon ^^

i think i am going to add too, now ghs is 20% cheaper than a week ago
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:14:03 AM

I assume mike18 is me? Explain the dumbass bit please. Seems rather inappropriate and disrespectful.

Did you try reading your own post?

You are calling people idiots for demanding a company prove they are not a ponzi, then label those skeptics as being like a lynching mob, then when called a dumbass you find it inappropriate and disrespectful? You're joking right?

Investing/advocating others invest in something that has every trait of ponzi and no traits of a legit company is definition of an idiot.

Since then the idiocy displayed by some has only grown bigger and bigger and I've seen nothing less then the virtual equivalence of hanging mobs. Totally disgusting. I don't believe PBMining will go public. Not with the owner having to turn from "hidden is best" to "out in the open", while general idiocy has grown bigger then ever.

You pretend like anyone is demanding they disclose their business registration info/address/names/SSN/birth-certificates.

Nobody is asking they disclose who they are or where they are. We just want the most basic publicly verifiable evidence they exist. Instead we get zero pictures/videos, mixed payments (which can only be useful for hiding the fact that they aren't mining), and phony mining which pays out every second instead of every block.

Being called a dumbass may severely hurt your feelings, but some of you really need to wake up. PBmining could change it's name to PonziMining and some of you still wouldn't catch on.
MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:20:54 AM

Did you try reading your own post?

You are calling people idiots for demanding a company prove they are not a ponzi, then label those skeptics as being like a lynching mob, then when called a dumbass you find it inappropriate and disrespectful? You're joking right?

Investing/advocating others invest in something that has every trait of ponzi and no traits of a legit company is definition of an idiot.

You pretend like anyone is demanding they disclose their business registration info/address/names/SSN/birth-certificates.

Nobody is asking they disclose who they are or where they are. We just want the most basic publicly verifiable evidence they exist. Instead we get zero pictures/videos, mixed payments (which can only be useful for hiding the fact that they aren't mining), and phony mining which pays out every second instead of every block.

Being called a dumbass may severely hurt your feelings, but some of you really need to wake up. PBmining could change it's name to PonziMining and some of you still wouldn't catch on.

LMAO +1

Jimmothy you have more patience than I, trying to explain it to some of these people is like trying to teach a card trick to a dog.

▄▄████▄
          ██▀▀  ▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
   ██     ███▄▄▄▄██▀     ██
   ██      ▀▀▀██▀▀       ██
  ▄██                    ██▄
  ██▀       ██████       ▀██
  ██        ██  ██        ██
  ██       ███  ███       ██
 ██▀       ███  ███       ▀██
▄██        ████████        ██▄
███                        ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀████████████████████████▀

iBid

Decentralized Auctions
on Blockchain
  ▄██

▀██
▄ ▄▄
██▄▀██▄
████▄▀▀██▄
██████▄ ▀███▄▄
████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄
██████████▄ ▀ ▄████▄
██████████▀ ▄ ▀███▀▀
████████▀ ▄███▄ ▀
██████▀▄████▀▀
████▀▄███▀
██▀▄█▀▀
  ▀▀
GET IN ON
Google Play
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
  ▄██

▀██
          ▄▄█
         ▄██▀
    ▄▄▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████████████
▄██████████████▀
███████████████
███████████████
▀███████████████▄
 ████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████▀
   ▀████▀▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀

About us
Telegram
███████████████    ███████████████
█████████████        █████████████
███████████            ███████████
████████████████  ████████████████
██████████              ██████████
██████████  ████  ████  ██████████

███ SIGN UP ███
██████████▀▀▀▀████████████████████
██████████▄▄    ▀▀▀███████████████
██████████  ▀▀ ▄▄  ▄██████████████
█████████        ▀████████████████
████████▀        █████████████████
██████▀▀▀▄▄     ██     ▀▀▀████████
██████▄     ▀▀▄▄███▄         ▀████
█████████▄▄▄   ███████▄▄       ███
███████████████████████████▄▄▄████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
███▀             ▀████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████

All auctions start at $0
with no minimum reserve

AN  AUCTION
Mike18feb

Activity: 657

MΣC

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:48:43 AM

I've taken the time to re-read my post AND what was quoted, and I don't see where I said anyone asking for prove is an idiot?

If you misunderstood then I'm sorry, but perhaps you should take the time to try and wonder if you read it right. Perhaps even if someone meant it right or not, but this requires a certain level of empathy. Simply asking for clarification could be an option as well, but I'll try and clarify anyway since Jimmothy at least has taken time to respond:
What I meant in my post was plenty of threads and posts from, let's put the words a bit different now, very unreasonable people who say people who lost their coins somehow (and not always because of a scam) should be dragged out onto the street. That's rather personal and that's the idiocy I was talking about. I don't see in anyway how people expressing their willingness to hurt somebody else or see somebody hurt is "asking for prove". Once again, I have not said nor did I mean that people asking (or demanding) prove from PBMining are idiots.

Does that explain enough to see my post in a different light?

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 02:10:38 PM

Who's asking them to go public?

We just want pics/videos of the mine.

Practically every other megamine takes the time to show off some pics but pbmining refuses.

They spend several btc weekly on advertising targeted towards noobs. Why not save the money and just take a pic or two and you will guarantee 50% extra customers (guessing 50% think its a ponzi. Could be much more)

We also want to know a mining address.

There has never been a legit mining operation offered to the public which refuses to publish the address they are mining with other than pbmining and the other ponzis.

The coin mixing just puts the icing on the cake. I haven't even heard an excuse explaining the obfuscation from pbmining apologists.

It's quite sad that the pbmining users are forced to make up hypothetical situations where pbmining could possibly be real.

Please just stop advocating for something that is almost guaranteed to be a ponzi.

Everyone here should be demanding they take the basic steps to prove they are legit but as long as naive investonomers keep spamming referral links and giving them advertising money, nothing will change.

After what just happened with Lunamine i'm in complete agreement. What I've found here though is that the customer base doesn't want to look at this pbmining situation no matter how much you want to warn them. They believe that just because they get a payout that it's "legit" and therefore immune to any further questioning. PBmining (the owner account here) refuses to answer your questions based on "security issues". Dr. G posted an excellent article in the mining thread about public disclosure that I agree with.  The customers here don't want to be warned, partly I think because they bought into the "fun" of it and those that speak out are shamed out of this thread, sadly. I think if you want to get attention from pbmining, you'll need to add pork-puns and claim you got paid first.

Netwerked

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:07:32 PM

After what just happened with Lunamine i'm in complete agreement. What I've found here though is that the customer base doesn't want to look at this pbmining situation no matter how much you want to warn them. They believe that just because they get a payout that it's "legit" and therefore immune to any further questioning. PBmining (the owner account here) refuses to answer your questions based on "security issues". Dr. G posted an excellent article in the mining thread about public disclosure that I agree with.  The customers here don't want to be warned, partly I think because they bought into the "fun" of it and those that speak out are shamed out of this thread, sadly. I think if you want to get attention from pbmining, you'll need to add pork-puns and claim you got paid first.

Bitcoin mining is risky enough on its own.  With the unknown future difficulty increases, we may lose money, even if pbmining is 100% legit.

Do we know that pbmining is not legit?  Not for sure.  We have suspicions, because they have not provided full transparency.  Peer companies have been fly-by-night operations.  I think we realize that doing business with cloud mining companies has more risk than buying your own equipment and mining at home.  Why do we buy from pbmining instead of buying our own mining equipment?  Because the numbers look more attractive.  Buying your own mining equipment requires a larger up-front investment, more expensive maintenance costs, and more personal labor.

Whether pbmining is a ponzi or not, we have a better chance of breaking even by using their service than by owning CEX, PETA, or our own mining equipment.  If pbmining disappears all of a sudden, that's a risk I'm willing to accept.  Why?  Because I invested a small percentage of my portfolio with them.  If the investment proves to be successful, then I earn a small profit.  If it is unsuccessful, then I lose a little bit of money.

TL;DR I have a higher chance of breaking even with pbmining than I do with alternative mining strategies, despite the added risk.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:18:38 PM

Bitcoin mining is risky enough on its own.  With the unknown future difficulty increases, we may lose money, even if pbmining is 100% legit.

Do we know that pbmining is not legit?  Not for sure.  We have suspicions, because they have not provided full transparency.  Peer companies have been fly-by-night operations.  I think we realize that doing business with cloud mining companies has more risk than buying your own equipment and mining at home.  Why do we buy from pbmining instead of buying our own mining equipment?  Because the numbers look more attractive.  Buying your own mining equipment requires a larger up-front investment, more expensive maintenance costs, and more personal labor.

Whether pbmining is a ponzi or not, we have a better chance of breaking even by using their service than by owning CEX, PETA, or our own mining equipment.  If pbmining disappears all of a sudden, that's a risk I'm willing to accept.  Why?  Because I invested a small percentage of my portfolio with them.  If the investment proves to be successful, then I earn a small profit.  If it is unsuccessful, then I lose a little bit of money.

TL;DR I have a higher chance of breaking even with pbmining than I do with alternative mining strategies, despite the added risk.

I'm not sure how far I should go here, and my word is all I can offer. But Pbmining did, in private, reveal quite a bit to me including the identities (actual, not virtual) of the people involved. This, while not conclusive enough for a courtroom, was sufficient for me. I am confident that they are a real company based on that, and said so. I do find it troubling that some months and many GH later they still don't wish to provide more concrete proof in public, but some of the shit they endured in their early days would make me skittish too.

Is it POSSIBLE that they are (a) a ponzi, or (b) using the BTC they gather to invest in something other than mining and pay out AS IF it were mining? Yes, it's possible. In the case of (a) I would think they would have already folded, and this has not happened. In the event of (b), so what? we get ours correctly and there's nothing illegitimate about it. Deceptive, but not illegitimate. I don't think either scenario is correct, I think they are mining at a far greater rate than what they sell. But I can't prove it.

Jimmothy, I suspect, is bitter over BlackArrow. I would be too, had I not been too broke to invest at the time.
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: