Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:23:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will BTC be at least $1000 USD before 2015?
Yes!   - 77 (21.8%)
No. - 188 (53.3%)
I like bacon.   - 88 (24.9%)
Total Voters: 353

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PB Mining -- 5 year mining contracts!  (Read 378866 times)
PBmining (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 02:02:26 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 03:33:43 AM by PBmining

What should i do if my pbmining account was hacked?
I tried to reset password from login page but got no reply to my email.
I don,t get my payment last time.
Maybe my wallet address was changed by the hacker.
I try to email admin and not replied yet...
 Cry

All support requests are responded to within 24 hours.  If you PM me with your Customer # and details I can try to push it faster.

Also, just to put your mind at ease, a hacker would not be able to change your Payout Address unless he had full control of your e-mail address as well. Hopefully that gives you peace of mind until we can help you further.  Smiley

Did you know?: Most of our hash power comes from other sources.  We are now specialized in the resale of cloudmining contracts through our associates!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rodeoclownicp

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:35:17 AM

Hello,

as I recently invested in a PBMining contract I've create a simple profitability calculator. It allows you to balance your investment based on your difficulty increase rate estimation. Also it allows you to take into account re-investments of your earnings at a given rate (0-100%).

Check it out & I would be happy to get some feedback on the functionality: http://pratscher.org/pbmining/

Thanks!
will it back date to past buy prices and therefore known dificulties and compare difference of dificulty increases versus current buy price
drpra

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:07:30 AM

Hello,

as I recently invested in a PBMining contract I've create a simple profitability calculator. It allows you to balance your investment based on your difficulty increase rate estimation. Also it allows you to take into account re-investments of your earnings at a given rate (0-100%).

http://pratscher.org/pbmining/a.png

Check it out & I would be happy to get some feedback on the functionality: http://pratscher.org/pbmining/

Thanks!
will it back date to past buy prices and therefore known dificulties and compare difference of dificulty increases versus current buy price

Not yet, but if somebody could provide me with the pricing evolutioin for PB mining I will add this functionality.
rodeoclownicp

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:18:02 AM

Hello,

Thanks!

Not yet, but if somebody could provide me with the pricing evolutioin for PB mining I will add this functionality.

wow that would be amazing - it would give actual roi comparisons, that would be like the holy grail of predictions and profitability
drpra

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:08:55 AM

wow that would be amazing - it would give actual roi comparisons, that would be like the holy grail of predictions and profitability

Done, please have a look, note that the performance ist quite poor, will check this later. Also the PBMining prices might not be fully accurate but you should get an idea.

pratscher.org/pbmining
tuanvie

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:38:25 AM

increasingly difficult now cloud mining, pbmining I also rely on the less income.
I want to order GHS back on pbmining but whether the minimum contract is 10 GH / s now?

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:41:43 AM

increasingly difficult now cloud mining, pbmining I also rely on the less income.
I want to order GHS back on pbmining but whether the minimum contract is 10 GH / s now?

Yes, the minimum is now 10 GH/s.
inni

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:13:38 PM

I started using pbmining in Feb this year and from my calculations I am now in profit - well I hope I've calculated correctly.
I used pingit to pay for bitcoin to get the contracts - my pingit shows I've spent £34 on bitcoin and from the contract screen I totalled all my contracts worth so far and its over the amount I spent..not by much but its profit.
The money I made back from the contracts were re invested in new contracts - so far I have a total of 37GH which isnt much but I was really just testing to see how to service was.
I'm customer no 443
tprogex

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 03:26:58 PM

I started using pbmining in Feb this year and from my calculations I am now in profit - well I hope I've calculated correctly.
I used pingit to pay for bitcoin to get the contracts - my pingit shows I've spent £34 on bitcoin and from the contract screen I totalled all my contracts worth so far and its over the amount I spent..not by much but its profit.
The money I made back from the contracts were re invested in new contracts - so far I have a total of 37GH which isnt much but I was really just testing to see how to service was.
I'm customer no 443
I have 856 ghs for test in PB  and 2 ths hardware on my balcony . In September plan to add 10-20 ths minimum if pb will stand as strong as it is now I'll buy that 10-20 ths  from PB.
rodeoclownicp

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:21:48 PM

Done, please have a look, note that the performance ist quite poor, will check this later. Also the PBMining prices might not be fully accurate but you should get an idea.

pratscher.org/pbmining

awsome
PBmining (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 07:35:23 PM

As of June 25th we are no longer allowing users to change their e-mail addresses under their PB Mining profile.  The e-mail address you register with is now intended to be a permanent link to your account.

We apologize if this is an inconvenience to users who try to sell their accounts, and we have done our best to cater to everyone's wishes.  However it has caused more frustration than it's worth for everybody.

This is also a reminder to make sure your PB Mining password is different than your e-mail password. For someone to change the payout address under your account, they would need access to both your PB Mining account AND your e-mail address.  For this reason, the passwords should be completely different.  You can change your password under "Your Profile" settings.  

Did you know?: Most of our hash power comes from other sources.  We are now specialized in the resale of cloudmining contracts through our associates!
byt411

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:37:21 PM

As of June 25th we are no longer allowing users to change their e-mail addresses under their PB Mining profile.  The e-mail address you register with is now intended to be a permanent link to your account.

We apologize if this is an inconvenience to users who try to sell their accounts, and we have done our best to cater to everyone's wishes.  However it has caused more frustration than it's worth for everybody.

This is also a reminder to make sure your PB Mining password is different than your e-mail password. For someone to change the payout address under your account, they would need access to both your PB Mining account AND your e-mail address.  For this reason, the passwords should be completely different.  You can change your password under "Your Profile". 

Why is this new policy being implemented?
PBmining (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 07:43:04 PM

As of June 25th we are no longer allowing users to change their e-mail addresses under their PB Mining profile.  The e-mail address you register with is now intended to be a permanent link to your account.

We apologize if this is an inconvenience to users who try to sell their accounts, and we have done our best to cater to everyone's wishes.  However it has caused more frustration than it's worth for everybody.

This is also a reminder to make sure your PB Mining password is different than your e-mail password. For someone to change the payout address under your account, they would need access to both your PB Mining account AND your e-mail address.  For this reason, the passwords should be completely different.  You can change your password under "Your Profile".  

Why is this new policy being implemented?

There has been far too much confusion from users who try to request support from an e-mail address they already wiped out of the system.  It's also a huge security issue -- a hacker will always try to change the e-mail address first so that the victim is completely clueless of other changes being made.  We want all confirmation e-mails to be sent to the original e-mail address that signed up.

If a hacker gains access to an e-mail account, and doesn't know the PB Mining password, there is nothing he can really do.  In the worst case scenario, the original payout address will continue receiving payments until expiration.

We have not yet had an issue of a payout address being wrongfully changed without our alarms going off, and we continue to keep it that way.

jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:46:21 PM

This is also a reminder to make sure your PB Mining password is different than your e-mail password. For someone to change the payout address under your account, they would need access to both your PB Mining account AND your e-mail address.  For this reason, the passwords should be completely different.  You can change your password under "Your Profile" settings.  

This is not right. The users who purchased until now have done that knowingly that they could change their email address. You can't jut force this upon a 5 year contract that was bought under different terms. Maybe someone has a payd email service and doesn't want to renew it, or has it's address on his own domain and he doesn't wish to prolonge it no more. There are more reasons beside selling the account. It's wrong to change the terms on a contract that someone has no way out of it.
PBmining (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 07:50:26 PM

This is not right. The users who purchased until now have done that knowingly that they could change their email address. You can't jut force this upon a 5 year contract that was bought under different terms. Maybe someone has a payd email service and doesn't want to renew it, or has it's address on his own domain and he doesn't wish to prolonge it no more. There are more reasons beside selling the account. It's wrong to change the terms on a contract that someone has no way out of it.

We will manage it on a case by case basis.  A user will have to provide valid reasons and possibly further verification before the change would be made.  Also, the option to change the e-mail address was never an option in the first place.  People have always made special requests for it, about half of them being attacks on hacked e-mail accounts.

PBmining (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 07:58:04 PM

I would like to hear more opinions about this change.  If there is enough users against it we will try to find other ways.  I'm just trying to heighten the security of our site, and by no means trying to leave a bad taste with anybody.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:16:00 PM

I would like to hear more opinions about this change.  If there is enough users against it we will try to find other ways.  I'm just trying to heighten the security of our site, and by no means trying to leave a bad taste with anybody.

I assume before you allow an email address change, you send an email to the current email address to verify the change and also an email to the new email address to verify the address.

You other thing, you have perfectly easy way to verify the account owner is making a change. Ask them to sign a message that contains a random token you generate for them with their BTC private key of the address they have on file. If they can do that, it's 99 % sure they have they are the owner of the PB minning address/acct.

so, with the above in place in order for someone to change my PMMinning email address they would have to ....

1. Hack my email account.
2. Hack my BTC wallet.

you could even make it more secure by using 2FA. This adds:

3. Have stolen my cell phone.

But, I agree, not allowing an email address change is a bit draconian.
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:16:33 PM

Well...for me it's fine...
If you can deal with Email change case by case, i don't see any problems here.
byt411

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:32:56 PM

I assume before you allow an email address change, you send an email to the current email address to verify the change and also an email to the new email address to verify the address.

You other thing, you have perfectly easy way to verify the account owner is making a change. Ask them to sign a message that contains a random token you generate for them with their BTC private key of the address they have on file. If they can do that, it's 99 % sure they have they are the owner of the PB minning address/acct.

so, with the above in place in order for someone to change my PMMinning email address they would have to ....

1. Hack my email account.
2. Hack my BTC wallet.

you could even make it more secure by using 2FA. This adds:

3. Have stolen my cell phone.

But, I agree, not allowing an email address change is a bit draconian.

That's a great idea. Adding 2FA would be a simple and effective security method.
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:37:16 PM

Yep.

2FA would be a great feature.
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: