Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:23:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 [5496] 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:13:19 AM

Wow just wow so Evan was planning a merger of SDC and DASH?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f7z840EcKjGNr7jZTwHL1u5HDTGNqHeeCszrR0Iy1J8/edit?pli=1

Yeah, we were at a early stage negotiating a merger to acquire more developer resources, but the proposal was leaked beforehand and both communities denied it.

We decided to call it off completely and solved the lack of resources differently.

One year later the team of Dash is larger than ever.

can you clarify what you meant by the bolded?

I think the references you quoted are already a good starting point to get an idea how both communities reacted back then: we had a shitstorm in both, DRK and SDC, threads and it was quite obvious that the majority of the communities was against the merger.

Looking back we were a bit naive, thinking we could merge communities like you merge git repos. Lesson learned, moved on.

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:13:57 AM

what DarkCoin does is highly centralized

"masternodes" "does not sound like" something decenteralized, "it sounds like" something that creates a small chokepoint which could be used to deanonymize its users, like a server based CoinJoin but worse since you have to hold a huge pile of coins to run a server.

"Does not sound like" and "it sounds like" do not qualify as scientific observations by any stretch of the imagination. These are the ramblings of an individual who has absolutely no clue how Dash works.

Gmax invented coinjoin, the mixing algorithm Darkcoin broke, bastardized, and rebranded as 'Darksend.'

Obviously, his opinions are those of one with the highest possible levels of expertise.

His opinions could also be perceived to be highly biased as he has been jumping into (wrong) conclusions (intentionally or not?) and displaying extreme anger towards anyone profiting or intending to profit by building on top of previous inventions or even improving them that he himself (or his associates) have failed to profit themselves of.

See for example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1211093.msg12713560#msg12713560

I looked at your "example."  That's just TPTB (aka Anonymint) being his usual insane self.

Gmax is a stickler for attribution because he believes in FOSS.

As a FOSS supporter he is happy for others to use the tools he's invented, whether for profit or not.

You should read the example thread I posted again, but do it sober this time. It clearly shows him jumping into conclusions and baseless angry accusations and not even saying sorry after AnonyMint proved him wrong, just disappeared.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:16:55 AM

Is there a (properly moderated) technical discussion forum where we can contribute opinions on the new roadmap stuff ?

evans announcement (should be coming soon, i pinged him already) would be the one on DT
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:39:01 AM

Is there a (properly moderated) technical discussion forum where we can contribute opinions on the new roadmap stuff ?

evans announcement (should be coming soon, i pinged him already) would be the one on DT

Naeborra.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:50:38 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 01:02:51 PM by qwizzie

https://www.dash.org/evolution/
https://www.dash.org/binaries/evo/DashPaper-v13-v1.pdf

DashPaper-V13-V1
Page 16

Network Administrators ?

This deserves some discussion : how much power would these network administrators get, how many of them will there be and
how much control do we have over them ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:53:21 PM

What is now obvious is lets not feed these morons!  We are on ward and up ward and lets make sure as a community we don't get sucked into their vortex!!!!  Wink  the future is bright indeed.

agreed, all these moronerootroll including their dev really has no ethic at all, trolling and fudding here every minute like its their day job  i wonder how come anyone invest in a coin invested with such liar and troll. with such kind of ethic and behavior can anyone expect their coin is not a scam ?

"Looking forward to it" does not imply I like it.

Yes actually. It implies exactly that, you sad idiot:

look forward to sth
— phrasal verb with look
B1 to ​feel ​pleased and ​excited about something that is going to ​happen

It is impossible to be pleased by or feel excited about something you do not like unless you're some kind of S&M pervert oops no wait, even then it applies.
So not only are you butthurt and mad obvious from your lunatic tirade, you also deserted the realm of basic logic and understanding. Not surprised I must say. You were a mentally unstable and shitty troll to begin with anyway.

#EPIC-REKT confirmed

Nice try.

Ever heard of one saying "I look forward to the BFL labs booth so I can see how full of shit they are"?

You can't derive context from my statement. Context matters.

Oops, smoothie caught lying again.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:05:57 PM

Who is trying to suppress this coin? From the Poloniex chart, almost all the candlestick are red. Even XMR chart do not show all red candlestick.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:09:21 PM

I've been trying to get an answer to the question, why do you need to make friends and exchange addresses if you can also make anonymous payments with the "next address available" to someone else?  I don't understand the advantage?

I do understand the advantage of the networking, having friends, or just profiles you can pay to, as is done for Paypal using email addresses.  But why the storage of other people's payment addresses?  Does it speed things up?  Is it more secure?

And again, if you can open up your wallet on any device and it's always up to date no matter which device you last used, why does the paper say everything is stored on your device locally?

How would storing information on your device make it more secure?  I fear losing my device and thus my information (if it's like my phone, and I use it daily, I could easily lose my phone by leaving it somewhere, I'm absent minded)  So if nobody could access anything except the app, if they didn't know my passphrase, and had no memory of my information vs anyone else on the system, I'd feel safer.  But I'm definitely not a security person, I don't understand the advantages, so if someone could help, I'd sure appreciate it Smiley

As far as I can tell its by using deterministic wallets so you use a relatively easy to recall key to generate the private key rather than the private key directly. Could be anything, a passage from a book or line from a song and a lot of time's been spent on working out what kind of thing is most secure while being easy to remember:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Deterministic_wallet

The ID stuff blew me away, get that working right and it could be even more revolutionary than getting rid of too big to fail banks. Its voluntary, you control what's visible and who its visible to and can have any number of them so you could have one ID as a reputable business building up a solid reputation and others for private stuff, separate ones for everything you do, all sorts but only connected to you personally by your choice and they should be completely anonymous if not.

One thing it should do is make life very difficult for the likes of the trolls as it allows for a reputation system and theirs will burn up very quickly and the views of new sock puppets will be worth very little in public discussion, probably not even seen and circle jerk reputation gaming wouldn't work either as it would result in whole groups that can be isolated. It goes way beyond public discussions though, essentially it gives reputation value and that's a currency in its own right, there's some huge implications and huge potential for screwups but the masternode network is an ideal testing ground for getting it working and as a showcase for real world adoption.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:14:46 PM

To help with solving questions people may have about Dash Evolution in a more organised way, i created the following thread on the Dashtalk forum :

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-evolution-discussion-thread.7231/

Feel feel to participate

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:10:31 PM

arielbit or fluffy, read my history. I'm sure you'll find my love story, my love  Kiss

your history shows you are not a newbie...

Of course. I said that I'm not a newbie. But never considered to even have an account here before.
Didn't even know english to be able to write something but I was able to read and knew how to buy or mine btc early Wink

everybody know this is a half baked story  Tongue

Roll Eyes how many of these accounts exist on this thread that follow this same pattern?

What does your retarded digging in old posts actually prove? That you can click usernames and post histories? What kind of pathetic fucktard are you? Are so desperate to find dirt that you grasp at straws in such an obvious and ridiculous way? How hard has Evolution fucked you up the ass boy? Did it burn that much that you degenerated into a bumbling retard or were you born that way?

these people are getting pissed right now that they are getting exposed btw

so macrorat, signup feb 1 2015, first post darkcoin and forever darkcoin ...aaand loaded with masternodes hehe

you are a sore loser  Tongue

Yep. I was right: You didn't get it.
What did I expect anyway? Elementary drop-outs make up 95% of internet trolls Grin

you didn't get it either.
i was right too 95% of losers are sore losers, like you  Wink

Couldn't hear you over the sound of my cash registers going KA CHING.
What did you say? I'm a what? Sorry, drowning in buttloads of dough over here. Say again please?
Oops, nevermind, my 6th Masternode just got paid, hold your important thoughts!

what is your love at first sight story with darkcoin?

noobs beware...you are thinking you are reading posts by a full member or sr.member or hero member..all this are multiple account circle jerkers  Grin  

KA CHING! LOL
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:16:37 PM

Thursday: "Evolusham demo by Miami conf in Jan 2016"

Friday: "Evolusham demo in a year or two"

Saturday: "LOL I dunno, maybe 10 years?"

Evan's empty broken promises: worthless

Evan's Gate mothership having a sad: priceless

10 years? Wow...

Why not just make it 25 years? And everyone involved in dash will be in retirement mode to collect their golden donkey?

Evan has all the time in the world! Every day he collects on his 1000+ instamined masternodes - day in, day out. DASH is a Scam 2.0 coin
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:28:19 PM

Evan has all the time in the world! Every day he collects on his 1000+ instamined masternodes - day in, day out. DASH is a Scam 2.0 coin

Adam has all the time in the world! Every day he trolls DASH with 1000+ words of steaming BS - day in, day out. Adam gets 2.0 XMR for this.

OK Evan.
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:43:08 PM

This was conveniently left out from the published papers I suppose:

Mixing still relies on liquidity providers, which just shows how broken the system is. Even joinmarket works better. Unless DASH will implement a joinmarket-like system of course. But why use DASH then  Huh
Joinmarket will give you better privacy than an illiquid DASH mixing system.

This is a leak from the "rough copy" Wolf talked about earlier. A lot of people had access to it before this official release:

DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:44:48 PM

Who is trying to suppress this coin? From the Poloniex chart, almost all the candlestick are red. Even XMR chart do not show all red candlestick.

This is eduffield, Minotaur26 and Otoh with their Sell-bots. Every day they get paid worthless DASH from their instamined masternodes which obviously needs to be converted to a valuable coin like BTC. Please continue to support DASH by putting up as many buy orders as you can! Failure to do so confirms you're a TROLL
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:00:16 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 03:12:01 PM by arielbit

none of your business..clit fuck shit scum #*@!

typical shady ass person reply  Grin...KA CHING or let me say CAUGHT CHING!

backstabbing puddle of scum.

MacroEvan backstabbed Dashcoin BTW https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0 ....the irony LOL
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 03:02:37 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 03:57:28 PM by moocowmoo

As far as I can tell its by using deterministic wallets so you use a relatively easy to recall key to generate the private key rather than the private key directly. Could be anything, a passage from a book or line from a song

That is exactly how you'll lose your coins.  Don't choose any phrase that already exists.

https://masternode.me/smart_passwords.html

(I only recommend this level of complexity for protecting master seeds or gpg keys)

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:11:48 PM

I kept thinking Evan was showing everyone the future.  It seemed that there was a line that if he said too much they wouldn't understand or believe it. 
It also looked like he had to be a lot more politically correct there.  Almost apologetic that he made another coin.  Undoubtedly, the atmosphere is still volatile toward dissidence with some people there. 

Maybe it's time to hold small Dash meetups now?  Not quite convention, but more like Bitcoin Wednesday?
This was a difficult presentation to do.   Be nice to Bitcoin, realize most of the people have English as a second language, and you have 30 minutes to share with 3 others - but don't go warp speed or act with an ego..... and running an hour+ late.  That's the real world.....

I think we would be better off if Dash can do more presentations at the next conference.  Split it into a few presentations with different speakers at different times talking about different aspects:   Dash specific(Evan), Distributed Governance + Autonomous Organizations(Dash Foundation), decentralized exchanges, and 2nd tier networks and security.  Have BolehVPN be the submitter of the talk for 2nd Tier Networks and security and work both angles on the talk.

They spent what an hour talking about a bitcoin charity.  That concept is easily understood in 2 minutes.   Frankly, it might be worth it to just buy the watch for 5 Bitcoins to end the auction early and talk about Dash for an extra 30 minutes.  Of course, that might not come across the right way.  We just need something of value to show to get time to talk.  Maybe how to setup a masternode, use a wallet, who knows.  It doesn't necessary need to be Dash specific.  But anything crypto will naturally showcase a Dash feature or two.
The presentation was one thing.
But also what was really important and worked pretty well, was all the discutions with all people presents at the event, and all the contact that was made during the full 2 days and nights.
Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:18:13 PM

I now understand what ED was eluding to all this time, it goes all the way back to the re branding.

I'm happy to see all the new troll activity.  (Did they even send the derpy pamphlet guy to Mexico?)  Silly me, no....how would they fund it?  Roll Eyes

There is nothing they can say or do, no matter how hard they try.  This forum and it's hatefulness is completely inconsequential in the big picture, I see that now.  DASH is destined for something much greater than anything a simple "coin" like Monero or even BTC could ever be.  

Before yesterday they thought they were only FUDding a coin's value, today they realize they need to go back to the drawing board.  I'm loving this.   Grin
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:31:27 PM

Before yesterday they thought they were only FUDding a coin's value, today they realize they need to go back to the drawing board.  I'm loving this.   Grin

Uh huh, keep trying to spin your massive disappointment Cheesy

What happened to the Evolution demo Evan promised in Miami? Pushing it back 1 year sounds good to you? Keeping buying DASH, maybe in 10 years you won't have to wait 20 hours to mix coins and send an anon tx  Grin
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:32:21 PM

I kept thinking Evan was showing everyone the future.  It seemed that there was a line that if he said too much they wouldn't understand or believe it.
It also looked like he had to be a lot more politically correct there.  Almost apologetic that he made another coin.  Undoubtedly, the atmosphere is still volatile toward dissidence with some people there.  

Maybe it's time to hold small Dash meetups now?  Not quite convention, but more like Bitcoin Wednesday?
This was a difficult presentation to do.   Be nice to Bitcoin, realize most of the people have English as a second language, and you have 30 minutes to share with 3 others - but don't go warp speed or act with an ego..... and running an hour+ late.  That's the real world.....

I think we would be better off if Dash can do more presentations at the next conference.  Split it into a few presentations with different speakers at different times talking about different aspects:   Dash specific(Evan), Distributed Governance + Autonomous Organizations(Dash Foundation), decentralized exchanges, and 2nd tier networks and security.  Have BolehVPN be the submitter of the talk for 2nd Tier Networks and security and work both angles on the talk.

They spent what an hour talking about a bitcoin charity.  That concept is easily understood in 2 minutes.   Frankly, it might be worth it to just buy the watch for 5 Bitcoins to end the auction early and talk about Dash for an extra 30 minutes.  Of course, that might not come across the right way.  We just need something of value to show to get time to talk.  Maybe how to setup a masternode, use a wallet, who knows.  It doesn't necessary need to be Dash specific.  But anything crypto will naturally showcase a Dash feature or two.
The presentation was one thing.
But also what was really important and worked pretty well, was all the discutions with all people presents at the event, and all the contact that was made during the full 2 days and nights.

Never underestimate the power of networking during these kind of events.

Pages: « 1 ... 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 [5496] 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: