Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:03:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722290 times)
Queeq

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:10:10 PM

So regarding the real reward, not the one that pools give as an estimate.
Block reward for DRK is (11111 / (((Difficulty+51)/6) ^ 2)), so with current difficulty of around 40 it becomes around 48 coins per block.
Block is every 2.5 minutes. 24 blocks per hour, 576 per day.
So it is around 27650 coins per day. Now, given that current net rate is 1130 MH/s, 1MH/s will have around 24.47 coins per day. Or $6.9 (if 1DRK=0.0004BTC and 1BTC=$700).
$1.4 a day for average quad CPU at 200KH/s.
Kinda not interesting it becomes.
It's a speculation more than anything. But does this mean that it's more profitable to mine and sell other coins than to mine this one?

Dunno, needs evaluation but I feel lazy to do that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:13:46 PM

help...

I'm trying to sync my wallet and It's stoped at block 15199 (I have 7 conections) and I can't go ahead...

Thanks

fork done @ 15200. You need the new wallet.

Thanks  Wink

help...

I'm trying to sync my wallet and It's stoped at block 15199 (I have 7 conections) and I can't go ahead...

Thanks

The wallet was forked at 15200.  You need to update your wallet to the new exe..  Please backup your wallet first Files => Backup Wallet. Save it to a safe place like 2 jump drives!

And thanks  Wink
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:17:34 PM

So regarding the real reward, not the one that pools give as an estimate.
Block reward for DRK is (11111 / (((Difficulty+51)/6) ^ 2)), so with current difficulty of around 40 it becomes around 48 coins per block.
Block is every 2.5 minutes. 24 blocks per hour, 576 per day.
So it is around 27650 coins per day. Now, given that current net rate is 1130 MH/s, 1MH/s will have around 24.47 coins per day. Or $6.9 (if 1DRK=0.0004BTC and 1BTC=$700).
$1.4 a day for average quad CPU at 200KH/s.
Kinda not interesting it becomes.
It's a speculation more than anything. But does this mean that it's more profitable to mine and sell other coins than to mine this one?

Dunno, needs evaluation but I feel lazy to do that.

With current fiat price it does not seem profitable. I'm mining DRK because I believe the value will raise significantly.
tightgrip

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:19:16 PM

So KGW is working great, the fork went off with out a hitch and now we're whale proof! So I want to move on to the next topic. A few days ago I asked if we should open source the technology or not and the vast majority of you all want it to be open source, so we're going to do that. So, that being the case earlier today in #darkcoin
DarkSend
DarkTransfer
DarkTwister
DarkXport
DarkTransit
DarkStep
DarkTrigger
Darkify
Darkifier
DarkForce
Darkoflage
Darkize
DarkShroud
DarkEncode
DarkPool
DarkPooling
DarkCipher
DarkJoin (as in based on CoinJoin)

(or if you think you have a better name, put that in the reply)

Thanks!

DarkXfer

DarkOnymousXfer

I would call it "Darkcoin" Technology.

Why?

1. We all know other alts are going to steal the technology. Well, if Darkcoin brands its technology with its own name and establishes itself, by calling the technology Darkcoin technology all the other coins will be forced to Acknowledge DarkCoin.!!! Heck by stealing from us, the other alts will be giving us free advertising and adding legitimacy to Darkcoin!! We will have them over a barrel.. Roll Eyes
Agreed. Keep it simple, and make sure that this coin is the key to the word, anyone copying it after that will just look bad. My vote goes to Darktech

It's kinda like "Kleenex" ,"Go-pro", "Google" or "Coke". We have an opportunity "because we are the first" to brand the tech using our name. This will mean the tech will become synonymous will our name "DarkCoin"....

If we called it "Darkcash" for instance, it would be a cool name, BUT someone would/could name their alt "Darkcash" and we lose a lot of power and potential... When you are the first, you want to brand your tech by your company name. It is the Holy Grail of marketing.
aNTi-Vlact

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 04:33:01 PM

I have been following this since around Feb 1st or 2nd (not even sure how I came across it). I have read almost every post and have been mining since I picked up on this. Just wanted to say that I am liking this coin and I appreciate all the hard work everyone is putting in to this. Thanks for everything (once I get DarkRich I be sending out some tips).

DRK - XtBWLQg59NC74oAWf4cA8WNJ7oVHdLenWM
http://qoinpro.com/c8a74da12efdfdcfa9b3b4c19c2e8042
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:39:09 PM

I have been following this since around Feb 1st or 2nd (not even sure how I came across it). I have read almost every post and have been mining since I picked up on this. Just wanted to say that I am liking this coin and I appreciate all the hard work everyone is putting in to this. Thanks for everything (once I get DarkRich I be sending out some tips).

I'll second this.  Thank you pool owners, our developers and ig0tik3d for everything

Now can anyone help me?  I want to do a backup pool in my bat file, but it's looking for the secondpool, and won't connect.  Could someone please tell me how this should go?

minerd -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://Pool:Port -u User.Miner1 -p Pass -o stratum+tcp://Pool2:Port2 -u User.Miner2 -p Pass -t 8

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
aNTi-Vlact

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 04:42:13 PM

DarkOnymousXfer
[/quote]

I would call it "Darkcoin" Technology.

Why?

1. We all know other alts are going to steal the technology. Well, if Darkcoin brands its technology with its own name and establishes itself, by calling the technology Darkcoin technology all the other coins will be forced to Acknowledge DarkCoin.!!! Heck by stealing from us, the other alts will be giving us free advertising and adding legitimacy to Darkcoin!! We will have them over a barrel.. Roll Eyes
[/quote]
Agreed. Keep it simple, and make sure that this coin is the key to the word, anyone copying it after that will just look bad. My vote goes to Darktech
[/quote]

I'll change my vote to this as well Smiley
[/quote]

DRK - XtBWLQg59NC74oAWf4cA8WNJ7oVHdLenWM
http://qoinpro.com/c8a74da12efdfdcfa9b3b4c19c2e8042
VanBreuk

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:45:02 PM

Now can anyone help me?  I want to do a backup pool in my bat file, but it's looking for the secondpool, and won't connect.  Could someone please tell me how this should go?

minerd -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://Pool:Port -u User.Miner1 -p Pass -o stratum+tcp://Pool2:Port2 -u User.Miner2 -p Pass -t 8

You can try this in your bat file as a failover script, just replace parameters with yours.
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:48:04 PM

You know what's funny? I came across dark coins by being pissed off for not throwing my btc into an intelligently made alt coin like vert. I was blinded by pump and dump scam coins which are basically 80% of alts out now.

So I decided to scroll through coin market cap and saw someone ask gliss to add dark coin to coin market cap. Then someone else said no. Not yet. That was the first time something like that had ever happened. I was curious. That person definitely knew something that I did not. So I went through this thread and saw the specs. At first I though "this is X-coin" but then I scrolled through all the early FUD and then BAM! the dev chimed in with progress on the anonymity module. That kinda grabbed my attention.

4 days later, the dev came in with progress report 2. That was when I knew this coin was going to be something. We're not there yet, but I'll be damned if I'm not strapped into this motherfucker.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:59:29 PM

You can try this in your bat file as a failover script, just replace parameters with yours.

Thank you but how would you set the X-11 flag?  and would I put all of this for the url? stratum+tcp://drk.lotterymining.com:4444

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:00:57 PM

You know what's funny? I came across dark coins by being pissed off for not throwing my btc into an intelligently made alt coin like vert. I was blinded by pump and dump scam coins which are basically 80% of alts out now.

So I decided to scroll through coin market cap and saw someone ask gliss to add dark coin to coin market cap. Then someone else said no. Not yet. That was the first time something like that had ever happened. I was curious. That person definitely knew something that I did not. So I went through this thread and saw the specs. At first I though "this is X-coin" but then I scrolled through all the early FUD and then BAM! the dev chimed in with progress on the anonymity module. That kinda grabbed my attention.

4 days later, the dev came in with progress report 2. That was when I knew this coin was going to be something. We're not there yet, but I'll be damned if I'm not strapped into this motherfucker.

Real life mining involves the process of prospecting. Similarly to what you are describing about mining all kind of shitcoins, DRK seems to be the place where cryptocurrency-prospectors have struck the gold vein / gold-rich pay-dirt. I shouldn't say that because the diff will go higher still, but what the hell Grin
VanBreuk

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:03:29 PM

Now can anyone help me?  I want to do a backup pool in my bat file, but it's looking for the secondpool, and won't connect.  Could someone please tell me how this should go?

Thank you but how would you set the X-11 flag?  and would I put all of this for the url? stratum+tcp://drk.lotterymining.com:4444

Simply add the -a X11 flag after every instance of minerd in the script.

And yes, that's the url, including port. The only thing that changes in the template is the protocol, from http to stratum+tcp.
heskey

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:04:13 PM

@slyA
Hehe looks like we walk along a similar path. I was also struck by frustration when I realized Vertcoin had skyrocketed. Even more since I had seen the thread but discarded it out of lazyness. The dissappointment triggered a new form of energy in me, and thus I found Darkcoin. Tongue
Hehe this is still a long shot, but I'm determined to become economically independent!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Dusty11

Activity: 147

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:09:01 PM

Crazy to see people are paying .0005 per drk this early in the game, no way I would yet, I'll mine the shit out of them though
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:10:09 PM

Crazy to see people are paying .0005 per drk this early in the game, no way I would yet, I'll mine the shit out of them though

Not crazy at all... it takes around a day to mine just 2 with ~100kh.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:10:30 PM

Now can anyone help me?  I want to do a backup pool in my bat file, but it's looking for the secondpool, and won't connect.  Could someone please tell me how this should go?

Thank you but how would you set the X-11 flag?  and would I put all of this for the url? stratum+tcp://drk.lotterymining.com:4444

Simply add the -a X11 flag after every instance of minerd in the script.

And yes, that's the url, including port. The only thing that changes in the template is the protocol, from http to stratum+tcp.

Excellent, It works, but now I need to know where to put the -t 8  Cheesy  Thank you so much!

Nevermind, I figured it out Wink

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
VanBreuk

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:14:52 PM

What AlexGR said, it makes sense if you consider the current difficulty and rewards. Purchasing at 0.0004-0.0005 does not differ much from mining results.

Quote from: TanteStefana
Excellent, It works, but now I need to know where to put the -t 8  Cheesy  Thank you so much!

You're welcome. The -t 8 switch can go in the end of the command line, after the URL... but if you have an 8 core and want to use them all you don't really need to include that switch, iirc.

whatsupeng

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:24:19 PM

Can someone please explain the differences between Darkcoin and Anoncoin?

Anon coin is only for the tor network. Darkcoin should be anonymous on the internet full stop ('period' for my american friends)

Anoncoin will use I2P and coin mix services to grant anonymous transactions. DarkCoin promise an "encrypted transaction network" and "coinjoin" technology for anonymous blockchain. For me booth approaches are not soo different.

I would suggest that DarkCoin should use the TOR network to hide mining and transactions, since it is more reliable than i2p and much more mature. There is no point in reinventing the wheel, when reliable approaches exist.

IMHO it would be great if the DarkCoin miner and wallet software implements or interacts tightly with TOR. So that each miner and wallet will be part of the TOR network, providing a TOR relay to strength the network and anonymity.

I would suggest that all the cloud miners out there configure their VM's to be TOR relays while mining ... actually thats what i am doing. Smiley
InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 05:25:47 PM

There were issues with the pool.darkcoin.io pool this morning. But we resolved the issues.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 05:28:23 PM

Can someone please explain the differences between Darkcoin and Anoncoin?

Anon coin is only for the tor network. Darkcoin should be anonymous on the internet full stop ('period' for my american friends)

Anoncoin will use I2P and coin mix services to grant anonymous transactions. DarkCoin promise an "encrypted transaction network" and "coinjoin" technology for anonymous blockchain. For me booth approaches are not soo different.

I would suggest that DarkCoin should use the TOR network to hide mining and transactions, since it is more reliable than i2p and much more mature. There is no point in reinventing the wheel, when reliable approaches exist.

IMHO it would be great if the DarkCoin miner and wallet software implements or interacts tightly with TOR. So that each miner and wallet will be part of the TOR network, providing a TOR relay to strength the network and anonymity.

I would suggest that all the cloud miners out there configure their VM's to be TOR relays while mining ... actually thats what i am doing. Smiley

The problem with TOR is people relate that with someone doing something illegal. We are not trying to invent a coin for that purpose, we want the average Joe to be able to use it without any or very little tech knowledge.

And IMO if we specifically join the coin with TOR it will put off alot of potential users.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: