Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
duazo

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:13:36 PM

And now, how about collecting a good hefty bounty for a working effective GPU miner? I'd put down up to 1000 DRK - not much but if many people donate it'll build up.

If more people are interested I could work on GPU miner for a bounty. I already have something more or less working (pools are accepting shares, also solo-mined one block this night with it), but it's still very slow (nearly 2 MH/s on Radeon R9 290). Unfortunately I can't promise it will get much faster, still working on possible optimizations.

FYI

I'll put up 1000DRK, but I want the code you have now, to prove that it is getting at least what you say.

I'll match his 1000DRK

I can definitely make a GPU miner (how fast it will be is another question, but based on the algorithms in hand, they all parallelize pretty well, so I expect it to be reasonably fast).

But a few people offering 1000DRK isn't enough incentive. It's not the money (if it was, I'd make one for myself), I just need some more detail. Have you already got someone working on a GPU miner, for instance? I don't want to put 10 hours into this only to find that you've had someone else do it.

I've been working on this one, I'm not sure it works. https://github.com/evan82/darkcoin-sgminer

Looks like you've prepped cgminer for the new X11 kernel, am I right? I'll send a PM to phm and see where he's at with it Smiley

BTC: 141svhv9AsMLgsXDjhvZwWagRUpGWYptRE
DRK: XrnVid6U2kvTP77EifHtgxe3tEovUFK45B
IFC: iHEo7CrpQhLaTKeBxHaSvfVLTvQq1M5UcW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duazo

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:15:20 PM

Ps, As for naming things, I think I'm going with DarkSend. It works well in all of the different ways it needs to "Darkcoin with DarkSend", "./darkcoind darksend Xaddr 10", "Just darksend the money", "The darksend is still pending", "To see the status of the DarkSend Pool, just type getpoolinfo", and all of the classes will sound cool (DarkSend, DarkSendPool, DarkSendInfo).

I think DarkSend is the best of the bunch, but my only comment would be to avoid having CamelCase on it, when "Darkcoin" doesn't have. The problem is then that Darksend could be read as "Darks end". Ideally, there would be one that works without CamelCase without this confusion.

BTC: 141svhv9AsMLgsXDjhvZwWagRUpGWYptRE
DRK: XrnVid6U2kvTP77EifHtgxe3tEovUFK45B
IFC: iHEo7CrpQhLaTKeBxHaSvfVLTvQq1M5UcW
drawing1211

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:17:15 PM

Anyone working on coinmarketcap or did we decide to wait for anonymity? In my calculations drk should be somewhere around 20.
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:23:31 PM

I've been working on this one, I'm not sure it works. https://github.com/evan82/darkcoin-sgminer

Looks like you've prepped cgminer for the new X11 kernel, am I right? I'll send a PM to phm and see where he's at with it Smiley

My miner is based on this sgminer, I just tweaked it a little and added OpenCL X11 kernel that is currently missing in eduffield's code.

darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:29:51 PM

Me and Ape spent the last couple nights defeating various bugs with the implementation. We're making huge progress to a closed alpha, there's a couple more things I want to work out, then we should be able to release something (maybe this weekend if we're lucky?  Grin)

Ps, As for naming things, I think I'm going with DarkSend. It works well in all of the different ways it needs to "Darkcoin with DarkSend", "./darkcoind darksend Xaddr 10", "Just darksend the money", "The darksend is still pending", "To see the status of the DarkSend Pool, just type getpoolinfo", and all of the classes will sound cool (DarkSend, DarkSendPool, DarkSendInfo).
Wow! Amazing dude! Real close to breaking the crypto barrier so many have tried. DarkSend is sweet!
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:34:30 PM

My miner is based on this sgminer, I just tweaked it a little and added OpenCL X11 kernel that is currently missing in eduffield's code.

Ah, I didn't realize you based your code off mine. Can you push me the changes at least to get it working for the benefit of everyone?

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
slyA

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:37:06 PM

One coin(BTC) to rule them all,

One coin to premine them;

One coin to bring them all,

And in the darkness bind them.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:41:53 PM

One coin(BTC) to rule them all,

One coin to premine them;

One coin to bring them all,

And in the darkness bind them.

I'm laughing so hard!  LOL  Grin  Cheesy

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:42:51 PM

I'm trying to compile and run cpuminer in Ubuntu, and I >think< it's failing to run because I don' t have the X11 algorithm in the git pull. Everything else seems to work, but when I include "-a X11" in the command line, it tells me to type --help. If I leave the -a flag out, it connects fine via stratum, but of course all my hashes are rejected.

Where can I get it? And what do I need to do to compile and run it in Ubuntu?

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:44:23 PM

I'm trying to compile and run cpuminer in Ubuntu, and I >think< it's failing to run because I don' t have the X11 algorithm in the git pull. Everything else seems to work, but when I include "-a X11" in the command line, it tells me to type --help. If I leave the -a flag out, it connects fine via stratum, but of course all my hashes are rejected.

Make sure you are using the miner from the web site. darkcoin.io. There is a link to the correct source there.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:47:57 PM

Can someone please explain the differences between Darkcoin and Anoncoin?

Anon coin is only for the tor network. Darkcoin should be anonymous on the internet full stop ('period' for my american friends)

Fedora coin with 1st mixing coins is more anonymous now...
What about DRK and botnets ? Can Dark be taken by botnet ?
If DRK devs will do their job coin will explode.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:53:00 PM

Make sure you are using the miner from the web site. darkcoin.io. There is a link to the correct source there.

Sorry for the newbishness of this post -

I only see the source for the linux wallet there. Should I simply be using the wallet (-gen) to mine? I was actually trying to mine via a pool, so I was compiling the pooler cpuminer. Should I be doing something with the Qt source?

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:58:51 PM

Ah, I didn't realize you based your code off mine. Can you push me the changes at least to get it working for the benefit of everyone?

At some point of time definitely, but not yet.

InternetApe

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:00:24 PM

I only see the source for the linux wallet there. Should I simply be using the wallet (-gen) to mine? I was actually trying to mine via a pool, so I was compiling the pooler cpuminer. Should I be doing something with the Qt source?

Sorry I must have missed that link on the website I will add it.

Its here: https://github.com/ig0tik3d/darkcoin-cpuminer-1.2

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:02:33 PM

Thanks! You rock, and I love this coin, BTW.

I'm not a coder, but I'd like to help out in any way I can.

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:04:50 PM

You really want to update it to https://github.com/ig0tik3d/darkcoin-cpuminer-1.2c as it's even faster and better.  Please update the first page here as well Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:06:35 PM

Thanks! You rock, and I love this coin, BTW.

I'm not a coder, but I'd like to help out in any way I can.

join Lotterypool or smalltimeminer (links on first page) so that we spread the hash around, much healthier for the coin and for all of us!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
InternetApe

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:10:14 PM

You really want to update it to https://github.com/ig0tik3d/darkcoin-cpuminer-1.2c as it's even faster and better.  Please update the first page here as well Smiley

Its being updated on the home page and has been updated on the darkcoin.io website.

mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:18:45 PM

And now, how about collecting a good hefty bounty for a working effective GPU miner? I'd put down up to 1000 DRK - not much but if many people donate it'll build up.

If more people are interested I could work on GPU miner for a bounty. I already have something more or less working (pools are accepting shares, also solo-mined one block this night with it), but it's still very slow (nearly 2 MH/s on Radeon R9 290). Unfortunately I can't promise it will get much faster, still working on possible optimizations.

FYI

I'll put up 1000DRK, but I want the code you have now, to prove that it is getting at least what you say.

I'll match his 1000DRK

I can definitely make a GPU miner (how fast it will be is another question, but based on the algorithms in hand, they all parallelize pretty well, so I expect it to be reasonably fast).

But a few people offering 1000DRK isn't enough incentive. It's not the money (if it was, I'd make one for myself), I just need some more detail. Have you already got someone working on a GPU miner, for instance? I don't want to put 10 hours into this only to find that you've had someone else do it.

My furher, how is the anonimity module coming along? We are gaining a bit of traction. The Russians are getting antsy on the Eastern front.

Me and Ape spent the last couple nights defeating various bugs with the implementation. We're making huge progress to a closed alpha, there's a couple more things I want to work out, then we should be able to release something (maybe this weekend if we're lucky?  Grin)

Great to hear it! You guys are awesome, and this coin has some great hope with devs and people you you guys!

I have a Windows computer with i7 / Nvidia GPU, and also a mining rig with three powerful AMD Radeons which are itching to mine Dark coin.  If you need a alpha / beta tester I'm happy to be a help out!

And Dark send sounds good to me! Keep it simple, Dark everything lol
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:36:29 PM

Hey guys,

I'm been mining Darkcoin since the start, love the coin, and my little collection of it lol.

I've read that some people have had problems updating their client / QT / wallet.  I just wanted to ask a few questions to make sure I do things right!

I updated on the day that blockchain was updated, so I'm not sure if I'm on the old or the new client...

It says DarkCoin Version: v0.8.8.0-g6d45d9b-beta
Client name: Satoshi

{
"version" : 80800,
"protocolversion" : 70002,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"blocks" : 16266,
"timeoffset" : -1,
"connections" : 7,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 44.69112782,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1391193115,
"keypoolsize" : 100,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00001000,
"unlocked_until" : 0,
"errors" : ""
}

Is this the new version / correct chain etc?

Thanks so much guys, and to the dev, and everyone in this community! 
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: