Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:33:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
cshlock

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:08:16 PM

Can anyone tell me how I would go about depositing cash into C-CEX?  I have just a little bit (scraping $100 together) and want to buy a few more dark ;P  But I can't figure this out!  Please help me  Huh  Tongue  Cheesy

Buy btc somewhere and transfer it to C-Cex
but I'd wait for the price drop when gpu mining is implemented

I really hope GPU isn't implemented. CPU puts everyone on an even playing field, and all this time people have been CPU mining Darkcoin, their time won't be as compensated.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ress

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:30:58 PM

Can anyone tell me how I would go about depositing cash into C-CEX?  I have just a little bit (scraping $100 together) and want to buy a few more dark ;P  But I can't figure this out!  Please help me  Huh  Tongue  Cheesy

Buy btc somewhere and transfer it to C-Cex
but I'd wait for the price drop when gpu mining is implemented

I really hope GPU isn't implemented. CPU puts everyone on an even playing field, and all this time people have been CPU mining Darkcoin, their time won't be as compensated.

Agreed! CPU mining=better distribution. I have a 2 MH/s GPU rig, but after witnessed altcoins being pump-n-dumped by GPU farms I perfer CPU coins. If you're concerned about botnets, just wait until multipool, hashcows and middlecoin hits...

Be careful what you wish for!

TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:31:35 PM

Think you need to get set up with payeer for that.

Ugh, it has to be transferred to rubles or something?  Can't it just stay dollars?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:34:50 PM

What is the reason for doing ASIC resistant coin and not GPU resistant? Both of them significantly rise mining entry level. GPUs less, ASICs more, but the result is the same: the majority could not afford mining on GPUs as they are too voracious, loud and expensive.

+1

It is GPU resistant, that's why it's so hard to make!  But determined people will eventually make it and by putting up a bounty, it will be shared with all.  otherwise, the person who makes it will use to grab up all the coin they can.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:36:38 PM

Ugh, it has to be transferred to rubles or something?  Can't it just stay dollars?

How about buying BTC somewhere first where you can pay with USD and then buying DRK with BTC on C-CEX?

blaaaaacksuit

Merit: 250

Who cares?

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:46:21 PM

How about buying BTC somewhere first where you can pay with USD and then buying DRK with BTC on C-CEX?

Tante, you might be able to get btc now through localbitcoins, ive never used it but i hear you need to be careful who you deal with.  Virwox is another place you can use a credit card at and get btc right away, but with the first purchase, when you try to transfer your btc out of their exchange they postpone it for two days.  Maybe thats changed since i last heard about it but im not for sure (which was a couple of months ago).
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:47:46 PM

Here's a probably impossible idea from a non-miner (myself):

Can it be made so the blockchain can detect which kind of mining devices are mining it and automatically re-distribute some of the GPU mined coins to CPU miners?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:49:13 PM

What is the reason for doing ASIC resistant coin and not GPU resistant? Both of them significantly rise mining entry level. GPUs less, ASICs more, but the result is the same: the majority could not afford mining on GPUs as they are too voracious, loud and expensive.

+1

It is GPU resistant, that's why it's so hard to make!  But determined people will eventually make it and by putting up a bounty, it will be shared with all.  otherwise, the person who makes it will use to grab up all the coin they can.

But if it seems that the best that can be done is 4x the speed of a CPU with a GPU costing much more than the cpu and eating much more electricity, cpu mining will still be viable. Anyway, either no one should have a gpu miner, or everyone should have it.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:11:43 PM

But where?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:13:04 PM

Tante, you might be able to get btc now through localbitcoins, ive never used it but i hear you need to be careful who you deal with.  Virwox is another place you can use a credit card at and get btc right away, but with the first purchase, when you try to transfer your btc out of their exchange they postpone it for two days.  Maybe thats changed since i last heard about it but im not for sure (which was a couple of months ago).

Oh ok, I"ll check them out Smiley  Thanks!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:15:04 PM

+1

But if it seems that the best that can be done is 4x the speed of a CPU with a GPU costing much more than the cpu and eating much more electricity, cpu mining will still be viable. Anyway, either no one should have a gpu miner, or everyone should have it.

Exactly!  GPU may work but not much better at the  moment, and it costs more in energy Smiley  It's still going to take a while!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
blaaaaacksuit

Who cares?

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:38:27 PM

Haha, you remind me of back when I first started trying to get into crypto.  I tried literally all day to get some dollars into the market so I could buy a few litecoins, they were trading at 6 bucks each.  By the end of the night I still couldn't get in so I decided it wasn't in the cards and that I should just forget about it.  Checked back like two weeks later...facepalm.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:51:39 PM

Haha, you remind me of back when I first started trying to get into crypto.  I tried literally all day to get some dollars into the market so I could buy a few litecoins, they were trading at 6 bucks each.  By the end of the night I still couldn't get in so I decided it wasn't in the cards and that I should just forget about it.  Checked back like two weeks later...facepalm.

Yah, I don't see how to do this, I get nervous and  Payeer is a very confusing site!  Virwox used to buy LD with BTC but linden forbade that, so it's not an option.  I said it before here, I am slow to learn each step, LOL.  I need time between firsts, LOL.  Last night, I cashed in the minute percentage of a bitcoin and litecoin  I had mined up and bought a little more darkcoin with it.  not much, LOL.  Anyways, I may have to stick with mining Sad

Someday, when trading is made easier between fiat and crypto, these coins will be worth so much  more!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 10:57:20 PM

Another trading site for alt coins:

https://www.mintpal.com/

Maybe the promoters could request DRK to be added there...

I hav submitting a request to add the coin to their site, the way to get it on their site is to vote on it.

When/If they add it to the voting I will post a link.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
blaaaaacksuit

Who cares?

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:02:33 PM

Yah, I don't see how to do this, I get nervous and  Payeer is a very confusing site!  Virwox used to buy LD with BTC but linden forbade that, so it's not an option.  I said it before here, I am slow to learn each step, LOL.  I need time between firsts, LOL.  Last night, I cashed in the minute percentage of a bitcoin and litecoin  I had mined up and bought a little more darkcoin with it.  not much, LOL.  Anyways, I may have to stick with mining Sad

Someday, when trading is made easier between fiat and crypto, these coins will be worth so much  more!

With virwox you put dollars in.  Then you buy SLL.  Then you buy BTC with SLL.  They totally rip you off on the transaction fees tho.  Just looked at the site and everything seems to be running normally.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:41:50 PM

Another trading site for alt coins:

https://www.mintpal.com/

Maybe the promoters could request DRK to be added there...

please dont use them yet, because they lost alot of bitcoins, and im not sure they are solvent i.e. has the coin to honor all requests

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:00:01 AM

Is dark stuck at a high difficulty?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:08:45 AM

I signed up to the account, but I don't see any place where I can sell SLL for bitcoin.  They only let you buy virtual world currency as far as I can tell.  Have you done this lately?

Tante, you might be able to get btc now through localbitcoins, ive never used it but i hear you need to be careful who you deal with.  Virwox is another place you can use a credit card at and get btc right away, but with the first purchase, when you try to transfer your btc out of their exchange they postpone it for two days.  Maybe thats changed since i last heard about it but im not for sure (which was a couple of months ago).

Oh ok, I"ll check them out Smiley  Thanks!

Haha, you remind me of back when I first started trying to get into crypto.  I tried literally all day to get some dollars into the market so I could buy a few litecoins, they were trading at 6 bucks each.  By the end of the night I still couldn't get in so I decided it wasn't in the cards and that I should just forget about it.  Checked back like two weeks later...facepalm.

With virwox you put dollars in.  Then you buy SLL.  Then you buy BTC with SLL.  They totally rip you off on the transaction fees tho.  Just looked at the site and everything seems to be running normally.

I don't see an exchange for SLL to BTC.  You can buy SLL for BTC, but not the other way around.  I think LL put an end to that almost a year ago, have you used it recently?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
blaaaaacksuit

Who cares?

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:27:42 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 12:48:26 AM by blaaaaacksuit

I don't see an exchange for SLL to BTC.  You can buy SLL for BTC, but not the other way around.  I think LL put an end to that almost a year ago, have you used it recently?

Deposit dollars into account on the deposit page.  under the exchange section of the page on the left, click usd/sll. Purchase sll with usd.  then, click btc/sll under the exchange section on the left side of the page.  There should be a little box that says " i want to buy 0 btc.  change the 0 to as much btc as you can afford with the sll you just purchased.  then, transfer the btc out of virwox to anywhere you want!  You will get ripped off tho on the transaction fees. (and they will hold your first btc transfer for like two days)

Edit: And remember that you never put more $ into btc than youre willing to lose!  Wink
tabnk

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:45:34 AM

http://cpu-pool.net/drk DOWN Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: