Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:57:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 [1528] 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:06:00 AM

All that matters is a good strong solid anon coin. For me the price isnt important to watch until that is established. In the end people will go where the quality is.
+1.

Personally, it think it will be drk. I think it will be worth the wait and trouble. As I see it, there are two situations that could be going on.

1. Evan is screwing us over.
2. Evan is keeping it closed source and not talking much, because he is producing a product (Hate that word, but can't think of anything better) that is much, much better then the competition.

I'm (Personally) sure that it's #2.

#1 - no way

#2 - yes, he's reviewing all ideas to see if there is a better way to do this that won't cause forking.  

I made a suggestion, but InternetApe said it was centralization, however, I think he is wrong.  But I'll put it out here and see what you all think?  

I realized that the reason we don't pay masternodes each a shar of the 20% block reward is because there are so many masternodes, and to do hundreds or thousands of transactions for each block would obviously bulk up the block chain, not something anyone would want.  

But what if an account - no, call it a secondary blockchain that is volatile, it is dumped once it completes it's task.  This thing keeps track of each available masternode, for each block, awarding them a share if they were available, and then also collects the 20% mining rewards.  Then once a day, this account pays all the masternodes at once, with one transaction, a percentage of the purse depending on how many shares each masternode submits, kind of like a pool.

Once the payment is made, the account is cleared, all the tallying for the day is deleted and the system starts afresh.  Every wallet would process this information, keeping a copy of it, like the blockchain, except that it is volatile information, and it goes away once the payout is made.

Do you all think this is centralized?  I think it's no more centralized than any single transaction, unless I'm missing something?

Must be having a blonde moment, I'm not seeing the problem here? Block processed, 20% reward goes to randomly selected MN, it adds a fraction of a microsecond and one more transaction per block. Where's the bloat Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
videos4pictures

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:06:55 AM

if the masternode payment problem can allegedly be fixed without a hard fork, why is evan considering hard forking for the payments again? can someone explain the rationale here
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:08:20 AM

if the masternode payment problem can allegedly be fixed without a hard fork, why is evan considering hard forking for the payments again? can someone explain the rationale here

Needs a hardfork to force pool compliance I think.

What would really be good news would be to hear from Evan that he's figured out what was causing the forking last time. My suspicions are the p2pool code but I'm pulling that out of my arse really, I'm no expert.
Sapereaude

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:09:35 AM

I think this is really good for the coin, it takes the pressure off from the implementation schedule. For every buyer there is a seller, we need investors not speculators, and more importantly we need time. It is obvious that Darkcoin is a real project, the fact that the masternode payment system worked for a while and then broke is a symptom of reality. It feels good, you know the devs are working on something that's complex, once we get it right its going to be great.  

On the other hand, I hold a lot of drk and I just cant bring myself to sell high to buy lower, it just doesn't feel right to me. It makes me feel like I am doing a disservice to the coin. I know is silly because I could easily crash the market to buy lower but it makes me feel like I would be hurting something I believe in. I think I am too idealistic to trade so I am in long-term.

Question you have to ask are the other bag holders just as idealistic?

I think most people that were here before the last pump wanna see the project succeed long-term. They are all still supporting the coin not one old timer bailed, but not because we are loyal to the point of hurting ourselves but because the drk holder tends to be smart and more mature and can recognize talent and potential. I could not get myself to invest in shitcoin 1000 with an anonymous dev and false promises of miraculous overnight solutions, I am too old for that shit. I would much rather support this coin, help anyway I can and see where it goes, because its real and the people here are of good quality.

Well if the holders are smarter and more mature wouldn't they be the best able to short sell and then buy back in when the price drops? I'm not saying they will abandon the coin long term, just for a while. :p

You're misusing the phrase short sell...

Okay, sell and re-buy cheaper over the next few days

If we all did that we risk hurting the coin for real, so some of us must hold. I am really not interested in these short term swings I will just buy as much as I can with fiat.

i can imagine a large proportion of people rather risk the short term gains and I wouldn't call a $15 to $7 drop just a short term swing.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:09:41 AM

Needs a hardfork to force pool compliance I think.

at times, i get the urge to give you a man hug.

don't take that the wrong way. I'm completely hetro.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:09:55 AM

Yes... alternate system involves a system in which greedy miners won't be so greedy - kind of semi voluntarily running a client which pays the nodes.

Given the past record of people mining DRK (they were sitting at coinmine for extended periods despite >51% hashrate back in March) that would present problems implementing and would be the wrong way of doing it really. It's a hack that will be hacked for selfish gain. Better do it the right way, after finding the bugs and eliminating them (or using a different mechanism).

hashmoon

Activity: 177

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:24:01 AM

Hold your darks.. You have not lost anything until you SELL..

jupp..  even selling only to buy back is risky
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:27:38 AM

Hold your darks.. You have not lost anything until you SELL..

jupp..  even selling only to buy back is risky

It is... 50 btc buy walls appear out of nowhere.
RUEHL

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:28:38 AM

On the positive side, vs. the previous week at least it's less than half the cost to have the POS required to run a masternode.  Tongue

Donate BTC: 1FzpMgR34pJbEqtiMEujRiidoL7PgGPaUH
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:32:55 AM

Hmm X11 Coin hey, let me check out their website http://www.x11coin.com  Grin

Redirect to Darkcoin website... nice.
I was like

did you just

and you were like

I'm dying of laughter here... Literally dying... Grin

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:35:32 AM

All that matters is a good strong solid anon coin. For me the price isnt important to watch until that is established. In the end people will go where the quality is.
+1.

Personally, it think it will be drk. I think it will be worth the wait and trouble. As I see it, there are two situations that could be going on.

1. Evan is screwing us over.
2. Evan is keeping it closed source and not talking much, because he is producing a product (Hate that word, but can't think of anything better) that is much, much better then the competition.

I'm (Personally) sure that it's #2.

#1 - no way

#2 - yes, he's reviewing all ideas to see if there is a better way to do this that won't cause forking.  

I made a suggestion, but InternetApe said it was centralization, however, I think he is wrong.  But I'll put it out here and see what you all think?  

I realized that the reason we don't pay masternodes each a shar of the 20% block reward is because there are so many masternodes, and to do hundreds or thousands of transactions for each block would obviously bulk up the block chain, not something anyone would want.  

But what if an account - no, call it a secondary blockchain that is volatile, it is dumped once it completes it's task.  This thing keeps track of each available masternode, for each block, awarding them a share if they were available, and then also collects the 20% mining rewards.  Then once a day, this account pays all the masternodes at once, with one transaction, a percentage of the purse depending on how many shares each masternode submits, kind of like a pool.

Once the payment is made, the account is cleared, all the tallying for the day is deleted and the system starts afresh.  Every wallet would process this information, keeping a copy of it, like the blockchain, except that it is volatile information, and it goes away once the payout is made.

Do you all think this is centralized?  I think it's no more centralized than any single transaction, unless I'm missing something?

No, I think you misunderstand how the masternodes will be paid under the current implementation, once masternode payments are turned back on.  (Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.)

There are hundreds of masternodes.  Each of them is available to perform coin-mixing services.  The people who want to send coins pick a masternode, somewhat at random, but once one is picked then others join in and send their coins to that same one.  The masternode performs the mixing, the mixed transactions get included in the block, and that masternode receives payment within that block for services actually rendered within that block.

So out of the hundreds of masternodes, there might be just a handful that actually perform the mixing and receive payment for any given block.

This makes perfect sense and is actually a good way of making payments.  It would be extremely difficult to keep track of which masternodes are connected all the time, and keep up with the accounting for all of it.  It is far more efficient to only pay a few masternodes on each block, which have been chosen randomly by the clients sending coins.  So masternodes will not be getting a perfectly steady income due to the random chosing, but it will average out over time.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
phzi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:36:04 AM

I don't like the masternode idea myself (quasi-centralized anonymous spends seem just plain silly), but here's a possible idea for handling payments:

When a masternode comes online, it broadcasts its pretense to the network, and joins the back of a payment queue.
Miners maintain a list of masternodes, along with the last payment time.
The masternode that hasn't been paid in the longest gets a chunk of the next block.
The masternode that was paid then falls to the bottom of the payment queue.

Checks could be coded into block validation that ensures the right masternode was paid, and if not, nodes reject the block.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:40:05 AM

Don't forget to panic folks.

You make most money that way - whether it's a panic sell or a panic buy, when you feel that wince in the pit of your stomach, thats the signal to DO SOMETHING.

It’s the first rule of markets that trading in a panic is THE best way to optimise profits or mitigate losses   Wink

If you need it spelled out to you then here's my 4 point guide:

[1] - as a warm up, pull up a BCW 15 minute chart at maximum scale and wrap your eyes round a few of those red candles for about 20 minutes

[2] - get yourself loaded up on some fresh FUD in the DRK [ANN] thread from prime sources such as mr_random, ymer and ac2. Focus in particular on the fear factor from XC coin - its sh*t hot dev who MUST be better than Evan cos he’s done all that work in radio networks and stuff. Check the guy’s LinkedIn CV once more just to ram that point home

[3] - get onto Mintpal and check the liquidity on the bid side. Hopefully there won’t be much so you can actually contribute to driving the price down while you offload and make doubly sure this mother doesn’t come back up

[4] - check you’ve thoughroughly lost your appetite by now and, despite having a mouth as dry as a badger’s ass have convinced yourself that this coin is never ever nunca nada coming back to anywhere near the last trading price ever again and FIRE !! (Make sure you get rid of your entire holdings without trace)

Oops.

[5] - now that the shoe’s on the other foot, start panicking again. Hope to f*ck that Even doesn’t deliver on his roadmap or expand his development team to include a load of sh*t hot coders that don’t have day jobs and can concentrate on the project full time. Hope to f*ck that DRK’s commercial approach doesn’t attract more buy ins from masternode wannabees and drive the price back up. Hope to f*ck that that sell off wasn’t nothing more that just the 12-hour and 4-hour MACD crossovers coinciding and triggering a spring tide profit take by speculators who will buy straight back in again once they cross again to the upside. Hope to f*ck that the fudster material you read in the threads was well researched and made in good faith by non XC and Monero bag holders.

Yes indeed. That panic button is the boy. Press it, and hope to f*ck you maximise profits is the way to go  Wink
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:41:36 AM

I don't like the masternode idea myself (quasi-centralized anonymous spends seem just plain silly), but here's a possible idea for handling payments:

When a masternode comes online, it broadcasts its pretense to the network, and joins the back of a payment queue.
The masternode that hasn't been paid in the longest gets a chunk of the next block.

Checks could be coded into block validation that ensures the right masternode was paid, and if not, nodes reject the block.

Surely this just adds extra overhead and doesn't really affect the results over time.

Select one MN at random from the MNs currently available, pay it, job done.
phzi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:45:49 AM

Surely this just adds extra overhead and doesn't really affect the results over time.

How do you prove that a random node was selected, tho?  Under most random implementations, the miner could pick whatever masternode they wanted.  If you're talking quasi-random based on some kind of prev blockhash, then the problem is predictability, although in this case that might not matter as much as say with block rewards.
funnynews

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:46:10 AM

Thanks for 20 btc in this pump!

More one doubt:

r4vani

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 12:49:19 AM

0.0113 toch Cheesy 50 BTC buy Smiley))

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
blacky90

Activity: 384
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 12:53:40 AM

darkcoin is the same as the other shitcoins PUMP AND DUMP

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:55:03 AM

How do you prove that a random node was selected, tho?  Under most random implementations, the miner could pick whatever masternode they wanted.  If you're talking quasi-random based on some kind of prev blockhash, then the problem is predictability, although in this case that might not matter as much as say with block rewards.

Honestly I've never understood this 'voting' thing.

On every block, get current known good masternode list, pick one at random, pay it. Why does it need to be more complex than that?

Are the six votes needed because the current list is slow to update, untrusted somehow, what? It's not like you can easily game the system by suddenly turning on a hundred masternodes every two and a half minutes. Is it?

Feel free to call me an idiot, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one confused about this, so any explanation appreciated. Smiley
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:56:10 AM

Don't forget to panic folks.

You make most money that way - whether it's a panic sell or a panic buy, when you feel that wince in the pit of your stomach, thats the signal to DO SOMETHING.

It’s the first rule of markets that trading in a panic is THE best way to optimise profits or mitigate losses   Wink

If you need it spelled out to you then here's my 4 point guide:

[1] - as a warm up, pull up a BCW 15 minute chart at maximum scale and wrap your eyes round a few of those red candles for about 20 minutes

[2] - get yourself loaded up on some fresh FUD in the DRK [ANN] thread from prime sources such as mr_random, ymer and ac2. Focus in particular on the fear factor from XC coin - its sh*t hot dev who MUST be better than Evan cos he’s done all that work in radio networks and stuff. Check the guy’s LinkedIn CV once more just to ram that point home

[3] - get onto Mintpal and check the liquidity on the bid side. Hopefully there won’t be much so you can actually contribute to driving the price down while you offload and make doubly sure this mother doesn’t come back up

[4] - check you’ve thoughroughly lost your appetite by now and, despite having a mouth as dry as a badger’s ass have convinced yourself that this coin is never ever nunca nada coming back to anywhere near the last trading price ever again and FIRE !! (Make sure you get rid of your entire holdings without trace)

Oops.

[5] - now that the shoe’s on the other foot, start panicking again. Hope to f*ck that Even doesn’t deliver on his roadmap or expand his development team to include a load of sh*t hot coders that don’t have day jobs and can concentrate on the project full time. Hope to f*ck that DRK’s commercial approach doesn’t attract more buy ins from masternode wannabees and drive the price back up. Hope to f*ck that that sell off wasn’t nothing more that just the 12-hour and 4-hour MACD crossovers coinciding and triggering a spring tide profit take by speculators who will buy straight back in again once they cross again to the upside. Hope to f*ck that the fudster material you read in the threads was well researched and made in good faith by non XC and Monero bag holders.

Yes indeed. That panic button is the boy. Press it, and hope to f*ck you maximise profits is the way to go  Wink

Yep, im going to panic sell my DRK now!  Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pages: « 1 ... 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 [1528] 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: