Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:24:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 [1509] 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
hashmoon

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:34:43 PM

funny thing about your XC dev is : he was a summercoin fan  Grin.. looks like xc is also made in china

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:35:34 PM

So yesterday somebody lost his 1000 drk on amazon ec2? I went to sleep when that began and cannot find the conclusion, he did not secure his server and got hacked from another amazon server over smb? Is amazon still recommend?

It was unsecured, very very very very very unsecured. Hilariously so.

And, as far as I know, it was never said where it was hosted. There was another post by another person saying that he found Amazon insecure because the server could be attacked from inside Amazon network, but it was unrelated to the hacked one.
Donho

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:38:35 PM

If you really want to run a masternode although you aren't too much into the security stuff (which I advise against!) then you at least might wanna use 2-FA for your SSH access.

Here's a fool-proof (well, there's always a greater fool!) tutorial on how to do that on Ubuntu. http://www.howtogeek.com/121650/how-to-secure-ssh-with-google-authenticators-two-factor-authentication/

edit: btw, the Android Google Authenticator isn't open source anymore! You can download "OTP Authenticator" which is a fork of the last Google Authenticator version that was open source. There's the binaries on the play store, the source is hosted on sourceforge iirc.

tried this, but apparently it doesn't work together with pubkey authentification Sad
pubkey Auth just skips the 2FA. Does anyone know how to get this working together?
Terzo

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:39:58 PM

DarkSend RC3 will include a greatly improved anonymity model and support for multiple “tickets” per masternode. It will be released in the end of June .  Cool
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:40:23 PM

funny thing about your XC dev is : he was a summercoin fan  Grin.. looks like xc is also made in china

Half the reason the price is rocketing is not only because of the current anon feature in the wallet, but because of what the dev has said to do with decentralized xnode system + blockchain 2.0 in combination with his amazing credentials.  atcsecure was CEO of tech security firm and is a legendary coder known back from the 1990's <--- this is being valued into the price right now.  atcsecure is currently the most (known) qualified developer in the entire altcoin world.
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:40:36 PM

Anything found that comes from china that wasn´t a scam or copy/paste ?

Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:40:57 PM

If the XC dev is such a competent and serious guy, then why was he mining things like badgercoin and summercoin just a week before launching his coin?
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:42:34 PM

If the XC dev is such a competent and serious guy, then why was he mining things like badgercoin and summercoin just a week before launching his coin?

Who cares? XC dev copied from Darkcoin....XC is just another crapcoin Pump and Dump, nothing more..I had and Sold my XC for a profit during the pump.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:43:33 PM

Who cares? XC dev copied from Darkcoin....XC is just another crapcoin Pump and Dump, nothing more..I had and Sold my XC for a profit during the pump.

Not so sure about that... I think it could be a very serious coin...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:45:55 PM

That XC feature list as related to this thread just a moment ago is verbal diarrhoea. Enjoy losing your money.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:46:51 PM

Maybe all the FUD, attacks, etc. in the last month have left me skittish -- but I wonder even in the short term what might happen to the coin if there is an organized effort to hurt DRK based around pools cheating.   If Evan does go through with this then I hope I am just worrying over nothing.  

If? It is a given that at least half the pools and big farms (a lot of them nowadays) won't be paying. So the 20% will be more like 10% for the masternodes, =what they were expecting anyway. But it will be a disproportionate weight to the "fair" pools.

The whole thing to appease investors with "ok guys no hard forks" and bagholders of masternodes with "ok guys you'll get 20%" is sketchy. I know I'm harsh but I like things to go right Cool

Price is price. It'll go up, down, sideways etc. Let it be. All the price attention is having an impact in development.

Development must proceed as planned so we can have the final product, nice and polished - no matter if it takes 1-2-3 or 5 hardforks and no matter if investors are bitching that they are losing masternode income because the implementation is late. Do they want to have masternodes of a coin that is GOOD or do they want to have a masternode of a coin that is doing hack-arounds?

The masternode protocol works, the masternode payments work (we saw them - it's not vapor), it's just that there is something introducing instability which has to be debugged and sorted out. If the origin is difficult to trace, then perhaps a different mechanism can be used for doing the payments (not voluntarily)

We also need improvements in DarkSend. The competition (MRO) is integrating I2P (as we've said) and XC will be using encrypted communication between nodes (as it has been said of DRK's future plans as well).

I know this sounds like a mom's "to-do list" to the child until she gets back home, but priorities are priorities, and price or reaching litecoin immediately are not a priority. If the code is sorted out and the product delivered in final form, LTC will start rolling down. Too fast of a price rise with a half-baked product is problematic.

LTC can't compete anyway in fundamentals like inflation (10x the BTCs to absorb LTC production compared to DRK) or innovation so they will be dead anyway by debasement. #2 is a given. Preserving #2 is not due to the competition. Who is gonna buy 300k USD of LTCs per day? It'll go 0.019 -> 18 -> 17 over time. It doesn't look that "hot" of a property. Only buys will be for cost-averaging buys at 0.025+.

Having said that about the #2 competition, the anonymity competition actually looks pretty lame (BCN and clones too many issues, XC mostly vapor for now but that could change a few months ahead as they seem to have the prospects of delivering a product similar to what Evan has at like 70-80% completion). But we can't base our strategy on others failing or being pumps & dumps that are "threatening" us due to pumps => we must excel and take the market. Then bring V2 for "fatality". Otherwise the risk is there for more serious contenders appearing.

My 2 duffs.

I'm with you. Of course I want my MNs to start paying asap and I want the price to stay high so my kness don't shake. But I prefer to wait for the payments and fear the price if that brings a better built coin. I'm not a coder and I can only imagine the stress of Sunday/Monday mess, but if another hard fork is needed, let's have another hard fork. This time we can prepare better, communicate better and coordinate better. We can have the fucking perfect coin if we are open to some pain along the way.

Personally, I don't give a crap if my MNs ever pay anything at all - that's not why I have them.  I'm far more interested in Darksend and the coin's anonymity features.

However, I also recognize the reality of the situation.  Investors have put the coin where it's at and they want their pound of flesh.  Which is fine, I suppose.  Not ideal from a development standpoint, but that's the way the world works.  Evan seems to be doing his best to find a way to balance everything, and nobody seems to be offering any helpful suggestions on how to do that beyond advocating for their own particular interest.  

Going too far one way or the other is not a luxury the dev has, so maybe focus a little more on helping find a middle ground would be more beneficial than the current tack?  Just my 2 cents.
Donho

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:47:04 PM

If you really want to run a masternode although you aren't too much into the security stuff (which I advise against!) then you at least might wanna use 2-FA for your SSH access.

Here's a fool-proof (well, there's always a greater fool!) tutorial on how to do that on Ubuntu. http://www.howtogeek.com/121650/how-to-secure-ssh-with-google-authenticators-two-factor-authentication/

edit: btw, the Android Google Authenticator isn't open source anymore! You can download "OTP Authenticator" which is a fork of the last Google Authenticator version that was open source. There's the binaries on the play store, the source is hosted on sourceforge iirc.

tried this, but apparently it doesn't work together with pubkey authentification Sad
pubkey Auth just skips the 2FA. Does anyone know how to get this working together?

got it kind of working. If you have pubkeys auth already enabled and follow this simple guide posted by hartvercoint and add "AuthenticationMethods publickey,keyboard-interactive" to the sshd_config you need the pubkey then the password and then the 2FA code Cheesy
Super secure!

But I kind of want to eliminate the password and just have pubkey and 2FA Cheesy
If Anyone knows how. Shoot it!
hashmoon

Activity: 177

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:49:14 PM

probably a hacked account, coz username fit with anon transaction secure.. Grin
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:51:16 PM

That XC feature list as related to this thread just a moment ago is verbal diarrhoea. Enjoy losing your money.

Surprised you are saying these things, Evan is a one man band and I have faith XC is doing some interesting things and is worthy competition which has to be good.. To dismiss the coin like that is childish... 

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:51:48 PM

Surprised you are saying these things, Evan is a one man band and I have faith XC is doing some interesting things and is worthy competition which has to be good.. To dismiss the coin like that is childish...  

No one cares. That coin was copied/cloned from Darkcoin. Go away.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Scriptiee

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:52:23 PM

got it kind of working. If you have pubkeys auth already enabled and follow this simple guide posted by hartvercoint and add "AuthenticationMethods publickey,keyboard-interactive" to the sshd_config you need the pubkey then the password and then the 2FA code Cheesy
Super secure!

But I kind of want to eliminate the password and just have pubkey and 2FA Cheesy

find the PasswordAuthentication line and change it to no #you might need to uncomment it as well
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:52:37 PM

Super secure!

I so far, have only 1 masternode  Embarrassed

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:53:32 PM

The list is as fantastic that it is too good to be true. Wait for a tweet "XC has hidden blocks ..."
AC2 and BADASS are best friends with XC. We´il see when the pump is big enough to cash out for them
fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:55:23 PM

Maybe all the FUD, attacks, etc. in the last month have left me skittish -- but I wonder even in the short term what might happen to the coin if there is an organized effort to hurt DRK based around pools cheating.   If Evan does go through with this then I hope I am just worrying over nothing.  

If? It is a given that at least half the pools and big farms (a lot of them nowadays) won't be paying. So the 20% will be more like 10% for the masternodes, =what they were expecting anyway. But it will be a disproportionate weight to the "fair" pools.

The whole thing to appease investors with "ok guys no hard forks" and bagholders of masternodes with "ok guys you'll get 20%" is sketchy. I know I'm harsh but I like things to go right Cool

Price is price. It'll go up, down, sideways etc. Let it be. All the price attention is having an impact in development.

Development must proceed as planned so we can have the final product, nice and polished - no matter if it takes 1-2-3 or 5 hardforks and no matter if investors are bitching that they are losing masternode income because the implementation is late. Do they want to have masternodes of a coin that is GOOD or do they want to have a masternode of a coin that is doing hack-arounds?

The masternode protocol works, the masternode payments work (we saw them - it's not vapor), it's just that there is something introducing instability which has to be debugged and sorted out. If the origin is difficult to trace, then perhaps a different mechanism can be used for doing the payments (not voluntarily)

We also need improvements in DarkSend. The competition (MRO) is integrating I2P (as we've said) and XC will be using encrypted communication between nodes (as it has been said of DRK's future plans as well).

I know this sounds like a mom's "to-do list" to the child until she gets back home, but priorities are priorities, and price or reaching litecoin immediately are not a priority. If the code is sorted out and the product delivered in final form, LTC will start rolling down. Too fast of a price rise with a half-baked product is problematic.

LTC can't compete anyway in fundamentals like inflation (10x the BTCs to absorb LTC production compared to DRK) or innovation so they will be dead anyway by debasement. #2 is a given. Preserving #2 is not due to the competition. Who is gonna buy 300k USD of LTCs per day? It'll go 0.019 -> 18 -> 17 over time. It doesn't look that "hot" of a property. Only buys will be for cost-averaging buys at 0.025+.

Having said that about the #2 competition, the anonymity competition actually looks pretty lame (BCN and clones too many issues, XC mostly vapor for now but that could change a few months ahead as they seem to have the prospects of delivering a product similar to what Evan has at like 70-80% completion). But we can't base our strategy on others failing or being pumps & dumps that are "threatening" us due to pumps => we must excel and take the market. Then bring V2 for "fatality". Otherwise the risk is there for more serious contenders appearing.

My 2 duffs.

I'm with you. Of course I want my MNs to start paying asap and I want the price to stay high so my kness don't shake. But I prefer to wait for the payments and fear the price if that brings a better built coin. I'm not a coder and I can only imagine the stress of Sunday/Monday mess, but if another hard fork is needed, let's have another hard fork. This time we can prepare better, communicate better and coordinate better. We can have the fucking perfect coin if we are open to some pain along the way.

Personally, I don't give a crap if my MNs ever pay anything at all - that's not why I have them.  I'm far more interested in Darksend and the coin's anonymity features.

However, I also recognize the reality of the situation.  Investors have put the coin where it's at and they want their pound of flesh.  Which is fine, I suppose.  Not ideal from a development standpoint, but that's the way the world works.  Evan seems to be doing his best to find a way to balance everything, and nobody seems to be offering any helpful suggestions on how to do that beyond advocating for their own particular interest.  

Going too far one way or the other is not a luxury the dev has, so maybe focus a little more on helping find a middle ground would be more beneficial than the current tack?  Just my 2 cents.

Maybe you are right and we need to find a middle ground. What I was trying to say is (and I belive that the previous posters were on the same boat): Evan, don't worry about us, we'll be here no matter what happens with the price. Feel free to do hard forks if you feel it is what the coin needs.
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:55:30 PM

The list is as fantastic that it is too good to be true. Wait for a tweet "XC has hidden blocks ..."
AC2 and BADASS are best friends with XC. We´il see when the pump is big enough to cash out for them

Those coins are just pumps and dumps..

Since darkcoin started the anonymity craze, every coin and its grandma wants anonymity.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Pages: « 1 ... 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 [1509] 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: