Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:54:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 [1544] 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
Terzo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:00:14 AM

cryptsy is down ?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:01:52 AM

cryptsy is down ?!

It is up for me at the moment, but quite laggy and slow.

sxh

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:04:16 AM

This means too degrading it.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:04:35 AM

Anyone who wants to set up masternodes but doesn't know how, just post what youre doing in this thread, me and others will help you for free. Or go in the irc room and people will help you there to, its not hard.
Sleepyx and others happy to help people who want to set one up for free.  Good if you know linux. Else, I do it for you for 10 Drks.

If anyone wants me to setup a Masternode for them, PM me.

If you want more than 3 MNs, it will be 8 drks each. More than 10, I'll do for 5 Drks each. More than 25, we should do a deal.

If you're worried about security, you keep your own wallet encryption passphrase secret. I never need to know it.  The passphrase cannot be hacked if more than 15 strings.  

You then change your server password. And I'll show you how to lock down your server.  

We will NEVER EVER install a keylogger or any malware on your fresh Ubuntu server. We make an honest living. You can do checks after the install, to ensure no malware.

If you're truly paranoid, contact DyslexicZombei and he may be able to do further hardening steps (note: we do not warrant their work). MN count increased to 375 from 371 yesterday.

Why setup a Masternode you ask?

Now, with the new 20% of block reward payment to MNs (starting from June 14th), below are the new estimated ROIs, (Masternode count on left and ROI on right):

374 = 56% p.a. (current Masternode count)
500 = 42% p.a.
750 = 28% p.a.
1000 = 21% p.a.
1500 = 14% p.a.
2000 = 10.5% p.a.

This is based on the price in Darks (or the USD/BTC at the time you buy the Darks to setup the Masternodes and assumes the price in USD/BTC does not change). You need 1000 Darks per Masternode.

Therefore, in time the system could level out to between 2000 and 4000 MNs for a 5 to 10% annual return.  However, this implies 2 to 4 Million darks, which is 50 to 93% of current coin supply.  This also implies the price of Darks are likely to rise, if people kept trying to setup MNs.

So get your MN setup and get regular income starting June 14!  This is a solid opportunity in my view.  I've setup 5 MNs already.
Just setup another one. MN count is now 376.  We do lockdowns of all ports with firewall and upgrade your openSSL to version 1.0.1g.  
Just done another one. MN count is now 377. Buy, buy, buy!  You will recoup setup costs in less than 10 days starting June 14th, I reckon. 
Just setup another 2 masternodes.  Count is 381 + 1 more to come.  We have found solution to the weird wallet.dat issue! 
382 MNs.
This thread moves so fast...  Build masternodes to make up for price drop from dark income. At the same time, will probably push Dark prices up.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:12:13 AM

since now i report all users to moderator who will talk about coins which are nor DRK!!!!
hope you do the same
meaby some bans would be nice
I think I might report you for not understanding forums...

j/k (kinda...)
gminerz

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:16:14 AM

Why are we now on the level of the trolls? Pretty sad

I think everyones bored. Not much to talk about right now.
Soon though...

If you see the big guys didn't move their darks it was just the panic sellers the ones that lost their dark.

so big dumps are yet to come!

just hodl!!

we will enjoy!
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:16:47 AM

Wait, when was camosoul ever not obnoxious?

In this post:

You're right, that is my point.

I just did... using crc32 as an example.  You can create your examples using another collision attackable hash like say, md5.
Thank you. I have learned with minimal pain.

lol...

so big dumps are yet to come!
Undoubtedly...  You don't grow this quickly without crashing just as fast.
danzek

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:17:05 AM

HOLD DARKS!
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:18:26 AM

since now i report all users to moderator who will talk about coins which are nor DRK!!!!
hope you do the same
meaby some bans would be nice
I think I might report you for not understanding forums...

j/k (kinda...)
if i dont understand them so i think its time to move to official one.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:18:32 AM

I think some folks on here should give the swithering and swathering a bit of a break now. The drama levels have got a bit overblown.

This correction could be seen a mile off to anyone monitoring chart technicals. In particular, the twelve hour momentum rollover to the downside was co-inciding with the 4 hour, so that was a kind of mega smoke signal if ever there was one for speculators to take profits.

Nothing to do with masternodes or XC or anything else apart from maybe a bit of a push, so all this flamewaring with other coins is a bit of a waste of energy and people should get back to using this thread for discussing operational issues. If your not day trading the coin then price corrections like this are largely irrelevant anyway - there have already been about 4 of then in the last month where it dipped to half it's value before growing again.

Another reason for keeping your hair on is that this correction is going to last at least till after the weekend and possibly well into next week. The twelve hour has a good 4 or 5 days to go to recover that momentum and the 4 hour isn't doing much else than bouncing up to the neutral level while it waits on a consolidation.

Looking at the volume history, the two big resistance levels look like being at 0.009 and 0.006. So we'll probably take a few dips, bouncing of the first one of those before next week's recovery.

Meanwhile, selling at this moment in time is possibly even riskier than holding. On fundamentals, it got past the turbulence caused by the hardfork and has taken the hit on valuation. The clone competition issue a non-issue. I don't think that did any more than slightly amplify the correction. It's not my policy to be critical of other coins - they are all viable projects in my opinion and I even have a stake in some of DRK's contemporaries.

However it's a fact that clones (I use that term loosely, meaning coins in the same technical 'sector' that are not originals in that sector) never get near the valuation of the original apart from temporarily. Witness LTC vs (All other SCRYPTS), Blackcoin vs CINNI, PPC, BTC itself etc. The market needs a damn good reason do disinvest itself of millions in market cap and throw it all at another coin. Different technical approach / dev / community are not nearly enough as long as the original is doing its job.

I was on holiday when I saw the dump on the cards about 6 hours prior to it commencing. But I couldn't be bothered doing anything about it because - hey, a person's got to have a life and I'd have had to have stopped relaxing, get my laptop out, charts, start worrying about liquidity and where to get in / out.

Sod that.

You people need to stop peeing your panties over price corrections and getting into hate mail fests with holders of other coins. Also, don't hate on day traders who decide to dump. That's their job - to keep the market 'clean'. They will dump at the end of chart cycles of moving averages. Even a robot can do it. Don't worry, they won't dump past the core valuation of the coin and it'll soon come back up while there's work in progress going on.

Get back to constructively contributing to the coin's technical evolution. Stop worrying about competition - it will sort itself out and nobody's going to run off with all the value in your precious asset. Have some confidence ffs. It takes a lot more than is currently on offer to knock an original off its stride. But at the same time, this is not tribal warfare. All these projects should be seen as constructive and complimentary, so start treating people with respect even if they don't reciprocate. You'll be rewarded a hundred times over because bad vibes are negative PR and 'noobs' can read. If you really need to attack someone, use the humour approach (there are some well qualified posters on here Smiley  ).

Sometimes legitimate critisisms are made dressed up in flamewar camouflage. Just answer it politely - or even accept the point. Defensive rhetoric just looks like you've got something to hide.

That's today's wee rant over. Enjoy your bacon & eggs.
Terzo

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:19:22 AM

We need to stop dumping before any trust in the Coin is lost . There is no altcoin that ever have recovered from hard dump .
gminerz

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:20:31 AM

question?

why crash? did some more new bugs came out now?
(there are more bugs hiding, dev just cant see them!)
BelStar

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:22:51 AM

I think some folks on here should give the swithering and swathering a bit of a break now. The drama levels have got a bit overblown.

This correction could be seen a mile off to anyone monitoring chart technicals. In particular, the twelve hour momentum rollover to the downside was co-inciding with the 4 hour, so that was a kind of mega smoke signal if ever there was one for speculators to take profits.

Nothing to do with masternodes or XC or anything else apart from maybe a bit of a push, so all this flamewaring with other coins is a bit of a waste of energy and people should get back to using this thread for discussing operational issues. If your not day trading the coin then price corrections like this are largely irrelevant anyway - there have already been about 4 of then in the last month where it dipped to half it's value before growing again.

Another reason for keeping your hair on is that this correction is going to last at least till after the weekend and possibly well into next week. The twelve hour has a good 4 or 5 days to go to recover that momentum and the 4 hour isn't doing much else than bouncing up to the neutral level while it waits on a consolidation.

Looking at the volume history, the two big resistance levels look like being at 0.009 and 0.006. So we'll probably take a few dips, bouncing of the first one of those before next week's recovery.

Meanwhile, selling at this moment in time is possibly even riskier than holding. On fundamentals, it got past the turbulence caused by the hardfork and has taken the hit on valuation. The clone competition issue a non-issue. I don't think that did any more than slightly amplify the correction. It's not my policy to be critical of other coins - they are all viable projects in my opinion and I even have a stake in some of DRK's contemporaries.

However it's a fact that clones (I use that term loosely, meaning coins in the same technical 'sector' that are not originals in that sector) never get near the valuation of the original apart from temporarily. Witness LTC vs (All other SCRYPTS), Blackcoin vs CINNI, PPC, BTC itself etc. The market needs a damn good reason do disinvest itself of millions in market cap and throw it all at another coin. Different technical approach / dev / community are not nearly enough as long as the original is doing its job.

I was on holiday when I saw the dump on the cards about 6 hours prior to it commencing. But I couldn't be bothered doing anything about it because - hey, a person's got to have a life and I'd have had to have stopped relaxing, get my laptop out, charts, start worrying about liquidity and where to get in / out.

Sod that.

You people need to stop peeing your panties over price corrections and getting into hate mail fests with holders of other coins. Also, don't hate on day traders who decide to dump. That's their job - to keep the market 'clean'. They will dump at the end of chart cycles of moving averages. Even a robot can do it. Don't worry, they won't dump past the core valuation of the coin and it'll soon come back up while there's work in progress going on.

Get back to constructively contributing to the coin's technical evolution. Stop worrying about competition - it will sort itself out and nobody's going to run off with all the value in your precious asset. Have some confidence ffs. It takes a lot more than is currently on offer to knock an original off its stride. But at the same time, this is not tribal warfare. All these projects should be seen as constructive and complimentary, so start treating people with respect even if they don't reciprocate. You'll be rewarded a hundred times over because bad vibes are negative PR and 'noobs' can read. If you really need to attack someone, use the humour approach (there are some well qualified posters on here Smiley  ).

Sometimes legitimate critisisms are made dressed up in flamewar camouflage. Just answer it politely - or even accept the point. Defensive rhetoric just looks like you've got something to hide.

That's today's wee rant over. Enjoy your bacon & eggs.

That's an excellent post.  Glad to have some level-headed community members like you on board!
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:23:05 AM

I don't usually talk much about price, because honestly I don't really care. I'm mostly concerned with functionality and building something with real utility.

However, that's what the forums have been consumed with so here's my take on this. Darkcoin is six months old, last month we went from $0.77 to $15.00. It was literally four weeks long, and what goes up must come down. Crypto currencies grow in this way, it's actually normal. Next we'll form a base somewhere about here and things will get quiet before we make our next move to the upside. 

I don't post all of the time because, I work insane amounts of time on Darkcoin. This is my job and when I'm posting I'm not coding. Plus, I'm an introvert and I really like putting on headphones and cranking out some code. It's what I do.

What's next?

Things will relax and I'll start perfecting the hard fork for the masternode payments, then RC3. When we're happy with that, I have contacts now all over the media that would love to do another article and update our progress.

Speaking of things coming down, that goes for X11Coin too. From the looks of it, you trust your money to the decentralized mixer by the way. They're pretty secretive about how it works, but that's what I gather from it. I'd love to get a response. DarkSend is trustless for a reason, you don't want the "XNodes" running off with the money.

Busy getting the project doing what is says on the tin, and more functionality yet to be announced.
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:36:25 AM

I don't usually talk much about price, because honestly I don't really care. I'm mostly concerned with functionality and building something with real utility.

However, that's what the forums have been consumed with so here's my take on this. Darkcoin is six months old, last month we went from $0.77 to $15.00. It was literally four weeks long, and what goes up must come down. Crypto currencies grow in this way, it's actually normal. Next we'll form a base somewhere about here and things will get quiet before we make our next move to the upside. 

I don't post all of the time because, I work insane amounts of time on Darkcoin. This is my job and when I'm posting I'm not coding. Plus, I'm an introvert and I really like putting on headphones and cranking out some code. It's what I do.

What's next?

Things will relax and I'll start perfecting the hard fork for the masternode payments, then RC3. When we're happy with that, I have contacts now all over the media that would love to do another article and update our progress.

Speaking of things coming down, that goes for X11Coin too. From the looks of it, you trust your money to the decentralized mixer by the way. They're pretty secretive about how it works, but that's what I gather from it. I'd love to get a response. DarkSend is trustless for a reason, you don't want the "XNodes" running off with the money.

Excellent post.  Keep up the great work.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
S_Uber

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:40:46 AM

I've been very quite while reading the past few hundred pages and the amount of people being affected by trolls is disgusting, regardless of how much they troll.
There will always be those who oppose, the idea is to be rational and handle them like a child (which means not shouting or retaliating when they say something stupid).

At least there are some positives, but we need more to make this a great community!

Look at what this guy did, creating a more general dummy guide. Sir, I will donate to the poor fellow and yourself if you post your DRK address (@Ozziecoin).

thank you very much for the help over skype, it seems that the hacker could enter my vps, don't know how exactly but he did
he will post on darkcointalk some advice and tips to not have the same issue as me

if someone can help me in any way please send some tip on my darkcoin wallet
XhGwaKJPMdqEyMU85QBReNNMzVGKDW2EPz
Okay, I've decided to publish a Dummies Guide to shutting down your ports and setting up Config Server Firewall: http://ozziecoin.com/?page_id=1466
Please leave us a FB like if you like it. Please donate AT LEAST 1 DARK, per person, to Reda: XhGwaKJPMdqEyMU85QBReNNMzVGKDW2EPz

I have a lot of faith in Evan and DRK, as they are making the most headway in anonymous transactions. Now I think he deserves a similarly dedicated community.
Lets refocus, what needs to be done. How can we improve this forum?
bctx

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:46:02 AM

Intended for the Darkcoin devs:

If people didn't have to risk 1000 Darkcoins, maybe people wouldn't be dumping it like crazy whenever the ROI is 3+ times what someone paid for them originally, when someone happens to get there Darkcoins stolen, or a hardfork goes wrong -- or worst case scenario, all three happen around the same time. Maybe, just maybe, you could allow people to act as masternodes with 100 Darkcoins.

Intended for Darkcoin investors:

I'm sure the Darkcoin devs would like you to think that the person that had his Darkcoins stolen was purely a user error (either it being a downed firewall and/or a poor wallet password), but the truth is, no one knows (though we will if people keep getting their masternode wallets stolen). Until Darkcoin has the proven reputation that Bitcoin has had with its security (which has proven to be flawed), I'm not sure why anyone would be willing to let $5,000+ dollars sit in the open waiting for some desperate hacker to find a flaw.
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:47:09 AM

How can we improve this forum?
I contributed to this end by not posting and see what happened?

Fuckin' ridiculous, even by my standards...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
jasabbm

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:48:02 AM

Go Go Go DRK

Go Back to 100k

Lets go back.
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:57:11 AM

Intended for Darkcoin investors:

I'm sure the Darkcoin devs would like you to think that the person that had his Darkcoins stolen was purely a user error (either it being a downed firewall and/or a poor wallet password), but the truth is, no one knows (though we will if people keep getting their masternode wallets stolen). Until Darkcoin has the proven reputation that Bitcoin has had with its security (which has proven to be flawed), I'm not sure why anyone would be willing to let $5,000+ dollars sit in the open waiting for some desperate hacker to find a flaw.

What are you talking about no one knows? Yes they do. He was helped via skype and it was confirmed how they got in.
Pages: « 1 ... 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 [1544] 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: