Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:08:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 [1545] 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
7vpo

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

Na Zdorovie!

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:00:52 AM

Everyone sells Dark. and buy X11...

Order depths a opposite.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dazbarlby

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:03:26 AM

I think some folks on here should give the swithering and swathering a bit of a break now. The drama levels have got a bit overblown.

This correction could be seen a mile off to anyone monitoring chart technicals. In particular, the twelve hour momentum rollover to the downside was co-inciding with the 4 hour, so that was a kind of mega smoke signal if ever there was one for speculators to take profits.

Nothing to do with masternodes or XC or anything else apart from maybe a bit of a push, so all this flamewaring with other coins is a bit of a waste of energy and people should get back to using this thread for discussing operational issues. If your not day trading the coin then price corrections like this are largely irrelevant anyway - there have already been about 4 of then in the last month where it dipped to half it's value before growing again.

Another reason for keeping your hair on is that this correction is going to last at least till after the weekend and possibly well into next week. The twelve hour has a good 4 or 5 days to go to recover that momentum and the 4 hour isn't doing much else than bouncing up to the neutral level while it waits on a consolidation.

Looking at the volume history, the two big resistance levels look like being at 0.009 and 0.006. So we'll probably take a few dips, bouncing of the first one of those before next week's recovery.

Meanwhile, selling at this moment in time is possibly even riskier than holding. On fundamentals, it got past the turbulence caused by the hardfork and has taken the hit on valuation. The clone competition issue a non-issue. I don't think that did any more than slightly amplify the correction. It's not my policy to be critical of other coins - they are all viable projects in my opinion and I even have a stake in some of DRK's contemporaries.

However it's a fact that clones (I use that term loosely, meaning coins in the same technical 'sector' that are not originals in that sector) never get near the valuation of the original apart from temporarily. Witness LTC vs (All other SCRYPTS), Blackcoin vs CINNI, PPC, BTC itself etc. The market needs a damn good reason do disinvest itself of millions in market cap and throw it all at another coin. Different technical approach / dev / community are not nearly enough as long as the original is doing its job.

I was on holiday when I saw the dump on the cards about 6 hours prior to it commencing. But I couldn't be bothered doing anything about it because - hey, a person's got to have a life and I'd have had to have stopped relaxing, get my laptop out, charts, start worrying about liquidity and where to get in / out.

Sod that.

You people need to stop peeing your panties over price corrections and getting into hate mail fests with holders of other coins. Also, don't hate on day traders who decide to dump. That's their job - to keep the market 'clean'. They will dump at the end of chart cycles of moving averages. Even a robot can do it. Don't worry, they won't dump past the core valuation of the coin and it'll soon come back up while there's work in progress going on.

Get back to constructively contributing to the coin's technical evolution. Stop worrying about competition - it will sort itself out and nobody's going to run off with all the value in your precious asset. Have some confidence ffs. It takes a lot more than is currently on offer to knock an original off its stride. But at the same time, this is not tribal warfare. All these projects should be seen as constructive and complimentary, so start treating people with respect even if they don't reciprocate. You'll be rewarded a hundred times over because bad vibes are negative PR and 'noobs' can read. If you really need to attack someone, use the humour approach (there are some well qualified posters on here Smiley  ).

Sometimes legitimate critisisms are made dressed up in flamewar camouflage. Just answer it politely - or even accept the point. Defensive rhetoric just looks like you've got something to hide.

That's today's wee rant over. Enjoy your bacon & eggs.

This is a great post. Do you have any reading recommendations to help improve my technical analysis skills?
Terzo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:04:14 AM

Well I'm beating myself for not selling at 0.025.
Lets say its Evan fault and start asking for faster updates !
7vpo

Na Zdorovie!

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:04:57 AM

Well i'm beating myself for not selling at 0.025.
Lets say its Evan fault and start sking for faster updates !

Dev team needs to push on the gas...
Terzo

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:05:25 AM

Well i'm beating myself for not selling at 0.025.
Lets say its Evan fault and start sking for faster updates !

Dev team needs to push on the gas...
Yep Where are the DEVS !
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:05:43 AM

I don't usually talk much about price, because honestly I don't really care. I'm mostly concerned with functionality and building something with real utility.

However, that's what the forums have been consumed with so here's my take on this. Darkcoin is six months old, last month we went from $0.77 to $15.00. It was literally four weeks long, and what goes up must come down. Crypto currencies grow in this way, it's actually normal. Next we'll form a base somewhere about here and things will get quiet before we make our next move to the upside.  

I don't post all of the time because, I work insane amounts of time on Darkcoin. This is my job and when I'm posting I'm not coding. Plus, I'm an introvert and I really like putting on headphones and cranking out some code. It's what I do.

What's next?

Things will relax and I'll start perfecting the hard fork for the masternode payments, then RC3. When we're happy with that, I have contacts now all over the media that would love to do another article and update our progress.

Speaking of things coming down, that goes for X11Coin too. From the looks of it, you trust your money to the decentralized mixer by the way. They're pretty secretive about how it works, but that's what I gather from it. I'd love to get a response. DarkSend is trustless for a reason, you don't want the "XNodes" running off with the money.

Busy getting the project doing what is says on the tin, and more functionality yet to be announced.
Functionality, projects, real value and operational maintenance. That is what matters. Darkcoin will continue to have those. The market price can be $15 or $1.5 (better actually to be nearer $1.5 for a few months to shake out the weak hands and disruptive trolls).
Icebucket

Activity: 409

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:07:55 AM

How can we improve this forum?
I contributed to this end by not posting and see what happened?

Fuckin' ridiculous, even by my standards...
This thread is managing just fine with out you, the people that give a flying fuck already have account on darkcointalk and thats where the real discussion is taking place anyways.
Continue what you to do what you were doing, thats fine by me. Hopefully people in this thread will meet your standards in the future.

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:08:52 AM

That's an excellent post.  Glad to have some level-headed community members like you on board!

This site's not bad:

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school
bctx

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:09:23 AM

What are you talking about no one knows? Yes they do. He was helped via skype and it was confirmed how they got in.

Don't waist your time, he only wants to mess the thread

I'm not trying to thread cap, just stating the obvious. Any investor wanting to trade in BTC for DRK to act as a masternode is placing $6,000+ at risk -- you really do have to assure people their wallets are secure, given reasonable protection.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:12:02 AM

Intended for the Darkcoin devs:

If people didn't have to risk 1000 Darkcoins, maybe people wouldn't be dumping it like crazy whenever the ROI is 3+ times what someone paid for them originally, when someone happens to get there Darkcoins stolen, or a hardfork goes wrong -- or worst case scenario, all three happen around the same time. Maybe, just maybe, you could allow people to act as masternodes with 100 Darkcoins.

Intended for Darkcoin investors:

I'm sure the Darkcoin devs would like you to think that the person that had his Darkcoins stolen was purely a user error (either it being a downed firewall and/or a poor wallet password), but the truth is, no one knows (though we will if people keep getting their masternode wallets stolen). Until Darkcoin has the proven reputation that Bitcoin has had with its security (which has proven to be flawed), I'm not sure why anyone would be willing to let $5,000+ dollars sit in the open waiting for some desperate hacker to find a flaw.

completley agree

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:14:25 AM

IS THIS REALLY NECESSARY? WHAT A SHAME!!!!  a official altcoin twitter account troll a coin without any proved evidence.

where is your attitude? what are you afraid of?

this is most hilarious issue this year!

they have lost the future now.

Oh, what can I say?

that's the reason!
and here is the truth:

How about we organize a peer view for the code that has been developed?

that's great!

thanks Smiley

I expect trolls to spread fud but not the official Darkcoin twitter, that is just low.

Yup - So tomorrow - XC will provide a glimpse into it's code for people to review

Everybody can check XC code tomorrow.
thanks

Smiley

So the idiots at DRK place a buy order at 15000 satoshi. Then they annouce a lot of bullshit on the forum and on twitter, knowing that 999 of the 1000 people will sell at the smallest hesitation.

Then they get to buy a shitload of XC around 15000 satoshi which they keep dumping in large batches between 30000 and 22000 (still on-going) to scare other people so they also sell off and besides that they make a lot of money doing that.

Don't be alarmed, we will go back up and we will pass DRK in value. The community is already dumping DRK without any FUD on-going

that's the truth!

so no more FUD now. Let's Stop

Here is the REAL XC DEV:
Consultant - ATC CORP
Wireless Consultant - Homeland Security Wireless
CEO - Wireless Broadband Systems
Network Security - General Dynamics

Technology Visionary with over 20 years designing and developing cutting edge technology solutions across multi-vendor software and hardware platforms, having designed, coded and deployed advanced infrastructure solutions

Developed Robust Outdoor/Indoor IP over RF Mesh network for Marine and Mobile Network Deployments - Largest Mobile Mesh network in the US, first deployed back in 2005

Specialties: Extensive Wireless & IP over RF/Mesh
Extensive Privde Cloud Design and Deployment experience
Extensive HA Design and Engineering experience - Redundant Storage, Networking, & Application experience
Extensive Linux & VoIP/SIP
Extensive Programming, C, C++, Pascal, VB, & assembly code
Extensive Asterisks
Extensive Cisco
Extensive Firewalls/IDS/IPS
Extensive WAN
Extensive LAN
Extensive ESX/XEN
Extensive SAN/FIBER
Extensive Diskless Boot (SAN & PXE)

Favorite Tool for reviewing logs: Splunk :-)

Consultant
ATC CORP
January 2011 – Present (3 years 5 months) Boston

ATC Corp

Technology Consulting & Solutions
Wireless Consultant
Homeland Security Wireless
January 2005 – June 2009 (4 years 6 months)

Developed Large Scale Mobile Mesh Wireless which supports dynamic connection between multiple Access Points with out packet loss - an Industry First!
CEO
Wireless Broadband Systems
January 2001 – January 2007 (6 years 1 month)

Fixed Microwave ISP - E-Mail & Web Hosting - based on Linux
Network Security
General Dynamics
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; GD;  industry
May 1999 – January 2001 (1 year 9 months)

Designed and Managed Large Scale IDS System

Ferry Wi-Fi
Team Members: Dan Metcalf
Outdoor Long Range (over 1500 sq miles) IP over RF-Mesh technology for seamless roaming

skills on: Wireless  WAN  Networking  Splunk  Cisco Technologies  Cloud Computing  Linux  System Deployment  Network Security  Firewalls  Wireless Networking  Network Design  Security  VPN  Network Architecture  High Availability  VMware  IP  Operating Systems  Virtualization  Storage Area Networks  SAN  Routers

no more FUD anymore.......

please guys...

stop now. work together to promote Anonymous technology, that's the future!

Ive decided to stock up on XC NOW! Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
adjed

Activity: 400
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:14:37 AM

What are you talking about no one knows? Yes they do. He was helped via skype and it was confirmed how they got in.

I'm not trying to thread cap, just stating the obvious. Any investor wanting to trade in BTC for DRK to act as a masternode is placing $6,000+ at risk -- you really do have to assure people their wallets are secure, given reasonable protection.

And it is secure, so i guess if someone stole your money from your bank account because you bought something on the internet without protecting your computer against worms you'll say it's the bank's fault
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:15:43 AM

We can secure masternodes: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg7009755#msg7009755

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:15:51 AM

I don't usually talk much about price, because honestly I don't really care. I'm mostly concerned with functionality and building something with real utility.

However, that's what the forums have been consumed with so here's my take on this. Darkcoin is six months old, last month we went from $0.77 to $15.00. It was literally four weeks long, and what goes up must come down. Crypto currencies grow in this way, it's actually normal. Next we'll form a base somewhere about here and things will get quiet before we make our next move to the upside. 

I don't post all of the time because, I work insane amounts of time on Darkcoin. This is my job and when I'm posting I'm not coding. Plus, I'm an introvert and I really like putting on headphones and cranking out some code. It's what I do.

What's next?

Things will relax and I'll start perfecting the hard fork for the masternode payments, then RC3. When we're happy with that, I have contacts now all over the media that would love to do another article and update our progress.

Speaking of things coming down, that goes for X11Coin too. From the looks of it, you trust your money to the decentralized mixer by the way. They're pretty secretive about how it works, but that's what I gather from it. I'd love to get a response. DarkSend is trustless for a reason, you don't want the "XNodes" running off with the money.

While this project is 99% about good tech that can change the landscape of eCash, there are other activities that are ongoing in support of the broader project.

This is not a one guy project.

If you want to contribute and have particular skills, technical or not, there is a place for that and the work is taking place now. Quietly and productively in the background.

If you want to sign-up as a central team member, start here.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-central-team-discussion.599/

It is closed down to avoid trolls, general disruption and like all good projects the master planning, where the secret sauce is made, is kept from those that would use it to fleece innocent people of their money.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:17:16 AM

While this project is 99% about good tech that can change the landscape of eCash, there are other activities that are ongoing in support of the broader project.

This is not a one guy project.

If you want to contribute and have particular skills, technical or not, there is a place for that and the work is taking place now. Quietly and productively in the background.

If you want to sign-up as a central team member, start here.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-central-team-discussion.599/

It is closed down to avoid trolls, general disruption and like all good projects the master planning, where the secret sauce is made, is kept from those that would use it to fleece innocent people of their money.
You guys need Hiro Satou on your side. He is a protocol genius.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
7vpo

Na Zdorovie!

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:18:03 AM

And it is secure, so i guess if someone stole your money from your bank account because you bought something on the internet without protecting your computer against worms you'll say it's the bank's fault

You're right. I've seen people selling wallet stealer.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:21:59 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 09:50:41 AM by Ozziecoin

thank you very much for the help over skype, it seems that the hacker could enter my vps, don't know how exactly but he did
he will post on darkcointalk some advice and tips to not have the same issue as me

if someone can help me in any way please send some tip on my darkcoin wallet
XhGwaKJPMdqEyMU85QBReNNMzVGKDW2EPz
Okay, I've decided to publish a Dummies Guide to shutting down your ports and setting up Config Server Firewall: http://ozziecoin.com/?page_id=1466
Please leave us a FB like if you like it. Please donate AT LEAST 1 DARK, per person, to Reda: XhGwaKJPMdqEyMU85QBReNNMzVGKDW2EPz
I can't believe more than 30 people read the guide and only 2 people left a like! And one of them was a Btc exchange developer. Wow, talk about a tough crowd.  Hope you guys gave poor Reda a little something at least?!?

hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:23:56 AM

Looks like 0.01BTC is the new floor for DRK now after a hugely needed market correction  Undecided

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:33:01 AM

Looks like 0.01BTC is the new floor for DRK now after a hugely needed market correction  Undecided

Huge build up to fail at correctly implementing masternode payments. Lucky the coins even still alive. Wait for them to do it correctly and it'll spike.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:36:13 AM

Sleepyx and others happy to help people who want to set one up for free.  Good if you know linux. Else, I do it for you for 10 Drks.

If anyone wants me to setup a Masternode for them, PM me.

If you want more than 3 MNs, it will be 8 drks each. More than 10, I'll do for 5 Drks each. More than 25, we should do a deal.

If you're worried about security, you keep your own wallet encryption passphrase secret. I never need to know it.  The passphrase cannot be hacked if more than 15 strings.  

You then change your server password. And I'll show you how to lock down your server.  

We will NEVER EVER install a keylogger or any malware on your fresh Ubuntu server. We make an honest living. You can do checks after the install, to ensure no malware.

If you're truly paranoid, contact DyslexicZombei and he may be able to do further hardening steps (note: we do not warrant their work). MN count increased to 375 from 371 yesterday.

Why setup a Masternode you ask?

Now, with the new 20% of block reward payment to MNs (starting from June 14th), below are the new estimated ROIs, (Masternode count on left and ROI on right):

374 = 56% p.a. (current Masternode count)
500 = 42% p.a.
750 = 28% p.a.
1000 = 21% p.a.
1500 = 14% p.a.
2000 = 10.5% p.a.

This is based on the price in Darks (or the USD/BTC at the time you buy the Darks to setup the Masternodes and assumes the price in USD/BTC does not change). You need 1000 Darks per Masternode.

Therefore, in time the system could level out to between 2000 and 4000 MNs for a 5 to 10% annual return.  However, this implies 2 to 4 Million darks, which is 50 to 93% of current coin supply.  This also implies the price of Darks are likely to rise, if people kept trying to setup MNs.

So get your MN setup and get regular income starting June 14!  This is a solid opportunity in my view.  I've setup 5 MNs already.
Just setup another one. MN count is now 376.  We do lockdowns of all ports with firewall and upgrade your openSSL to version 1.0.1g.  
Just done another one. MN count is now 377. Buy, buy, buy!  You will recoup setup costs in less than 10 days starting June 14th, I reckon.  
Just setup another 2 masternodes.  Count is 381 + 1 more to come.  We have found solution to the weird wallet.dat issue!  
382 MNs.
We think masternode payments will work because we've seen them working. We don't think the bad masternode problem is a serious issue. So, we're happy to keep setting up masternodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 [1545] 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: