Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:14:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 [2057] 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722501 times)
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:38:21 AM

It's disappointing to add you to the ignore list.

I take this as a compliment.  Wink
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 04:39:05 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 04:54:22 AM by camosoul

We need less nicey-nice and more pimp hand...

It's not at all about the price. It's about progress. Bad Actors are stonewalling development. Price is just a proxy of that. I want the value up, yeah. I hold a shitload of DRK. But that's secondary to making it function as promised for so many months now.

Bitch slap these turd burglars. They've had way more than enough notice. Nope. I don't have a masternode. I just want to see progress. It's never, ever, ever a good idea to let the bad guys decide your progress because you'll end up with none.

You don't just give the bad guy whatever he wants, you shoot the fucker in the face.
While I appreciate your colorful use of imagery...the "pimp hand' approach would take a similar amount of time to implement as would the actual fix.

To put it another way, it doesn't make sense to run to the bedroom for a handgun when the appropriate tool for the job is the shotgun by the front door.
But isn't enforcement already there? You make my point for me... If enforcement is already in RC3, why is it no being switched on?

Am I to infer that a different method of vote amalgamation is being implemented that fundamentally changes the protocol, thus pushing them out by new default operation instead of deliberate pimp hand? Rendering the RC3 enforcement obsolete, thus not bothering to use it? RC4 will do it by virtue of new magic stuff?

Essentially, "Blocks are being done a new way in RC4, you better damn well update." And MN payments are just part of that, so why pimp hand when you can have a mo betta excuse for forcing an update that looks less mean to people who care about sugar-coated bullshit, but really does the same damn thing?
No need to infer Smiley.  He explains as much here.

Though I'm not sure magic is involved anywhere.
Lols, I'm just trying to dumb it down, cuz you know damn well 5000 people are going to read it and say they don't have an answer, just like has happened hundreds of times in the past several thousand pages... Then a supporter ends up looking like a troll asking a stupid question that clearly has already been answered... I figured I would ask the stupid question because you at least know I'm not actually stupid enough to not already know and maybe take the damn hint...

Worse, it becomes actual troll fodder...

New way of hashing these metrics together == they'll be pushed out anyway in RC4, so why bother utilizing the enforcement already in hand... How hard is that?

A fair part of that announcement thread is about how much better comms will be, well, uh... Isn't this THE thing on everyone's minds right now?

I don't ask you to like me. In fact, I don't want you to like me. I'm just staying on point and you'd prefer I not... That's not a good sign.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 04:54:59 AM

It's not at all about the price. It's about progress. Bad Actors are stonewalling development. Price is just a proxy of that. I want the value up, yeah. I hold a shitload of DRK. But that's secondary to making it function as promised for so many months now.

Bitch slap these turd burglars. They've had way more than enough notice. Nope. I don't have a masternode. I just want to see progress. It's never, ever, ever a good idea to let the bad guys decide your progress because you'll end up with none.

You don't just give the bad guy whatever he wants, you shoot the fucker in the face.
While I appreciate your colorful use of imagery...the "pimp hand' approach would take a similar amount of time to implement as would the actual fix.

To put it another way, it doesn't make sense to run to the bedroom for a handgun when the appropriate tool for the job is the shotgun by the front door.
But isn't enforcement already there? You make my point for me... If enforcement is already in RC3, why is it no being switched on?

Am I to infer that a different method of vote amalgamation is being implemented that fundamentally changes the protocol, thus pushing them out by new default operation instead of deliberate pimp hand? Rendering the RC3 enforcement obsolete, thus not bothering to use it? RC4 will do it by virtue of new magic stuff?

Essentially, "Blocks are being done a new way in RC4, you better damn well update." And MN payments are just part of that, so why pimp hand when you can have a mo betta excuse for forcing an update that looks less mean to people who care about sugar-coated bullshit, but really does the same damn thing?

Lols, I'm just trying to dumb it down, cuz you know damn well 5000 people are going to read it and say they don't have an answer, just like has happened hundreds of times in the past several thousand pages... Then a supporter ends up looking like a troll asking a stupid question that clearly has already been answered... I figured I would ask the stupid question because you at least know I'm not actually stupid enough to not already know and maybe take the damn hint...

New way of hashing these metrics together == they'll be pushed out anyway in RC4, so why bother utilizing the enforcement already in hand... How hard is that?

A fair part of that announcement thread is about how much better comms will be, well, uh... Isn't this THE thing on everyone's minds right now?

I don't ask you to like me. In fact, I don't want you to like me. I'm just staying on point and you'd prefer I not... That's not a good sign.

hey camosoul.  im sorry to ask.. whats all the hoopla about? and i see peeps are all up in arms?  tried to follow the link in status update but doen't work.   thanks for  the help.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:59:38 AM

With respect, your point is a bit hard to follow.  Your question, as I understand it, is, "Why don't we simply flip the switch?"  The answer is that the switch has broken the network twice now.  Knowing that, flipping it a third time because we're annoyed would be quite irresponsible, no?  Instead, Evan has simply chosen to build a new switch.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 04:59:59 AM

hey camosoul.  im sorry to ask.. whats all the hoopla about? and i see peeps are all up in arms?  tried to follow the link in status update but doen't work.   thanks for  the help.
Peeps got their panties in a twist that I wanted a straight answer about why the enforcement option in RC3 is being ignored. You can figure it out if you read a few announcements, but the self-declared "non technical" people are just going to clog up the thread with hundreds of more posts about how confused and upset they are... I wanted to nip it in the bud and that makes me a bad guy. It is the tip-top question that inquiring minds want an answer to, and you still have to piece it together... But, some people perpetually wear their dicks on their sleeves and gotta pick a fight...

The oddball certificate problems are still everywhere... I can't get there on chrome on my android. Purge everything, still fail... But firefox on android works... I don't bother fixing such things. Linking to a forums that so many people can't view, even if it's their own fault, is not getting the info out... And when it doesn't work, that makes people run away... I want the info here, in an easy-to-understand format... Bah, I'm wasting my time.

Neuro-typical attitude has penetrated the dev team... Disappointing, but it shouldn't be a big enough deal to hurt DRK. I'm going to refocus my efforts on my own things instead of here. It's pointless. Too much human trash just looking for an excuse to pounce.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
SquaPac

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:02:05 AM

Hi. Does anyone set up masternodes for some DRK's?
ntrn500

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:15:49 AM

Hi. Yes GhostPlayer can help. Look for his posts several pages behind.
Update: Here is his profile https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=240873
raze182

Activity: 163

A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:27:18 AM

Hi. Yes GhostPlayer can help. Look for his posts several pages behind.
Update: Here is his profile https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=240873

Adding to this:

GhostPlayer/yidakee:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/yidakees-helpdesk-masternode-setup-services-ghostplayer-on-bitcointalk.1633/

or

Ozziecoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631319

Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
SquaPac

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:36:11 AM

Thanks, I will send him a PM!  Cool
eltito

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:36:50 AM

Neuro-typical attitude has penetrated the dev team... Disappointing, but it shouldn't be a big enough deal to hurt DRK. I'm going to refocus my efforts on my own things instead of here. It's pointless. Too much human trash just looking for an excuse to pounce.

Yikes.  Come on now Camo...

This was your point:

This was how you chose to make it:

It's been a long day, I'm in no condition for solving riddles.
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:38:50 AM

Dafuq, somebody's bot got us pegged to ltc? We've been nearly tracking ltc price all day. LOD for both coins exactly .0115. Let's hope its just my imagination if not that craps gotta stop
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:50:53 AM

Yikes.  Come on now Camo...

This was your point:

This was how you chose to make it:

Hey Eltito
well done on the Announcement section and the update !
that will help a lot !
sorry you have to deal with some idiots out here ! …>
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 05:52:17 AM

Active MNs about 518 and growing. Network bans itself seems to have stabilised, which is good. Sooner or later, the price will be so low that buying Drks for MNs will be irresistible.  Cheesy

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
ntrn500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:54:31 AM

DRK price trends in the context of planet Earth Shocked 0.13 in three months, calm down ladies and gentlemen Grin Time to buy more...
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 05:55:01 AM

This is exactly what DRK planning looks like for the "Average Joe" looking for an answer. Yes, it's there... But...
...they have long days, too. Dumb people have to work extra-hard, you know.

I mirrored it. Get it? Same thing I always do... I mirror hostility with hostility, stupid with stupid... If you're looking in the mirror and can't figure it out...

I sell one-part thread adapters. People still make a soup sandwich out of it even when I explain it 15 different ways... I don't even bother to mention how thread profiles work, it wouldn't help anyone... I'm amazed that people find a way to fuck it up... But they always do. It's like "How do you get a stick wrong? It's a fucking stick!" But they find a way...

Act like you're trying to explain it to your dog.

When your planning looks like this:

When your explanations look like this

When they click on the link and it's broken...

The whole project looks like this:

That's my whole damn point.

The project is in this phase:

But PR's job is what?

I'm only being critical now because there was no PR guy before. Only nerds nerding. Now there's PR guy and, uh...

Just get better is all I'm saying. You've seen how hostile I can be, I'm not doing that, am I? I could be a lot worse, I'm just offering helpful criticism. See, I can do that without calling you names and hoping you'll sell me your DRKs... :-p

Look at that image. Look at the fine print. January-June was Research. We're approaching Concept/Prototype, and it still looks like January to all the onlookers. This is the most important question on everyones' minds, and it's a mess...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
eltito

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:09:23 AM

You have an interesting mind, of that much I am convinced.

I've been the "PR Guy" for roughly 10 hours now.  Take a breath.  I promise there are people in this world as intelligent as you would like them to be.
CryptoPleb

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:10:29 AM

Just stop camo..

falsealarm_bf

Activity: 189

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:14:33 AM

You have an interesting mind, of that much I am convinced.

I've been the "PR Guy" for roughly 10 hours now.  Take a breath.  I promise there are people in this world as intelligent as you would like them to be.

I wish he would go "empty a magazine" into it and save this world of the plague that he is.
7vpo

Activity: 503

Na Zdorovie!

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:14:50 AM

Guys;

I try setup masternode on my local machine (on Windows 8.1 Pro)

And system give error message "inbound port is not open. Please open it and try again. (19999 for test and 9999 for mainnet)"

Try open ports with "netsh" and darkcoin-qt still adding to Windows firewall and mark Trusted.

Please help me Sad
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:15:08 AM

Camosoul, I'll try to say it as simply as possible:

Your intentions might be right, but you can't communicate.
This isn't helping. You are hurting this community.
Have some restraint and respect to others, even trolls.
Just stop. Think. Read your words before posting.

If it weren't for other, mature members, I would have stop reading this thread and ignore the thread long time ago - because of your pointless ramblings.
It stopped being funny long time ago, now it's annoying.

Take Slapper's example how to deal with trolls and communicate with others.
Right now you're on such a high horse, you can't see the ground any more.
Pages: « 1 ... 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 [2057] 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: