Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:54:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 [2184] 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:39:31 PM

georgem is in the fitness business.. isnt he ?  Grin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:48:30 PM

was meaning to look at those pics (at work those pics got blocked). very nice indeed.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:57:27 PM

We're almost at 80% masternode payments compliance!! I'll admit I didn't think we could do so well without enforcement, but I didn't knew people like GhostPlayer were going to work so hard on this Smiley

Enjoy the graph.

Yeah, the masternode compliance police have been out in full force making sure people are paying their masternode tax.  

You obviously didn't read the first 300 pages. Without master nodes there is no anonymity. Without payments to master nodes any dick with an internet connection could start hundreds of master nodes and there would be no anonymity. Without payments there is no incentive to buy 1000 DRK and tie them up in Master Nodes. Without Master Nodes there is no mining, because there would be no point.

Pointless.

Rather like you.

I guess you would rather user your internet connection to launch hundreds of free to use master nodes.

Without master nodes there is no anonymity.

Exactly!  Darkcoins anonymity exists only with a masternode cluster fuck.  There are better anonymity solutions being developed.

You actually confirm some of what I posted "buy 1000 DRK and tie them up in Master Nodes.".  Masternodes require people to invest in 1000 DRK and then keep them off the market therefore driving up the price.  How convenient.

Darkcoin was being mined for months without masternodes.

Bottom line is that other solutions already provide at least the same a level of anonymity as Darkcoin without the need to tax one user to pay another for running a masternode.  Everyone knows that Bitcoin isn't anonymous.  Darkcoin is a Bitcoin clone.  Darkcoin is trying to be something it was never intended to be.  A truly anonymous coin will be designed with anonymity from the beginning.  There are some right now.  The masternode network is basically a hack that will prove to be problematic and suffer from issue after issue due to the fact that it's trying to make something into something it was never intended to be.  Already two failed rollout attempts.  It also creates an image of unfairness by taxing miners to pay masternode operators.  A better solution would have been to charge enough of a fee from the users sending anonymously to pay masternode operators an amount that still made it profitable to run a masternode.  But then you wouldn't have people wanting to use the network.  

Darkcoin suffers from a bad methodology to achieve anonymity and it's put everything into this one basket.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 08:03:30 PM

georgem is in the fitness business.. isnt he ?  Grin

If you told me 5 weeks ago that I'd be creating "fitness"-related darkcoin gifs everyday for this thread, I would have said...

But here I am,... story of my life, I don't know how I always entangle myself with such shit.
Well, I suppose it must be darkcoin! I like darkcoin, and I hope it goes a long way.
I celebrate this by creating those gifs, I suppose.  Smiley

mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:06:20 PM

We're almost at 80% masternode payments compliance!! I'll admit I didn't think we could do so well without enforcement, but I didn't knew people like GhostPlayer were going to work so hard on this Smiley

Enjoy the graph.

Yeah, the masternode compliance police have been out in full force making sure people are paying their masternode tax.  

You obviously didn't read the first 300 pages. Without master nodes there is no anonymity. Without payments to master nodes any dick with an internet connection could start hundreds of master nodes and there would be no anonymity. Without payments there is no incentive to buy 1000 DRK and tie them up in Master Nodes. Without Master Nodes there is no mining, because there would be no point.

Pointless.

Rather like you.

I guess you would rather user your internet connection to launch hundreds of free to use master nodes.

Exactly!  Darkcoins anonymity exists only with a masternode cluster fuck.  There are better anonymity solutions being developed.

You actually confirm some of what I posted "buy 1000 DRK and tie them up in Master Nodes.".  Masternodes require people to invest in 1000 DRK and then keep them off the market therefore driving up the price.  How convenient.

Bottom line is that other solutions already provide at least the same a level of anonymity as Darkcoin without the need to tax one user to pay another for running a masternode.  Everyone knows that Bitcoin isn't anonymous.  Darkcoin is a Bitcoin clone.  Darkcoin is trying to be something it was never intended to be.  A truly anonymous coin will be designed with anonymity from the beginning.  There are some right now.  The masternode network is basically a hack that will prove to be problematic and suffer from issue after issue due to the fact that it's trying to make something into something it was never intended to be.  Already two failed rollout attempts.  It also creates an image of unfairness by taxing miners to pay masternode operators.  A better solution would have been to charge enough of a fee from the users sending anonymously to pay masternode operators an amount that still made it profitable to run a masternode.  But then you wouldn't have people wanting to use the network.  

Darkcoin suffers from a bad methodology to achieve anonymity and it's put everything into this one basket.

I'd like to direct you to this post by propultion: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/the-genius-behind-masternodes.1764/
Bitcoin is currently suffering from a decreasing number of nodes ... http://www.bitcoinpulse.com/chart/bitnodes/num_nodes/total ... because there is no incentive to run them..

That's why Dark's masternodes are so clever.  You think we would have over 600 of them if people we'ren't getting rewarded?

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:17:14 PM

I propose an experiment, to all Darkcoin investors.

1) Listen to the first part of this podcast, where Andreas Antonopolous explains in technical and practical terms, the inner workings of a 51% attack, as well as what exactly can happens during a fork, as well as mining, and pools, and all that jazz...

2) Substitute the word "Book", with "closed source Darksend" - and "Nicosia University" with "testnet"
    2.1) "Masters degree" with "Masternode"

3) Substitute the word "Bitcoin" with "Darkcoin"

4) Substitute "5 years" with "6 months" (only happens once, easy to remember)

5) When done, re-evaluate Darkcoin, and Evan's roadmap strategy.

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-125-51-solutions-and-zhou-tonged

Please feel free to bump this for while so our time-divergent friends and investors around the world see this.
Only takes 30 minutes, and can change your entire perception of things.

interesting, to say the least
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 08:18:18 PM

Sorry to hear you lost faith in the project. Also, sorry you're going to be getting out at a horrible time (right before I announce I have EVERYTHING figured out to make Darkcoin mainstream?).

Over the past couple of days, I've made huge leaps in the Darksend technology. In fact, RC4 will be the final solution to Darkcoin's anonymity. The client will automatically look at all of your funds and it will be able to tell which funds are not anonymized, if it finds non-anonymous outputs it will run them through a darksend with other clients. After that process, users can send without Darksend using the anonymous outputs for instant transactions without waiting for other nodes (with no upper limit on transaction sizes).

The other thing you're missing is that there is a reason I forked Bitcoin. Adoption for Darkcoin will be MUCH faster and easier for vendors, because all of the APIs are the same.

Expect more news in a few days. I have lots of work to do, but soon we can start testing all of this new functionality.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
sin242

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:19:46 PM

Holy ballsack....

edit: also, in before panicbuy

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:23:43 PM

Enjoy the graph.

Pointless.

Rather like you.

I'd like to direct you to this post by propultion: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/the-genius-behind-masternodes.1764/
Bitcoin is currently suffering from a decreasing number of nodes ... http://www.bitcoinpulse.com/chart/bitnodes/num_nodes/total ... because there is no incentive to run them..

That's why Dark's masternodes are so clever.  You think we would have over 600 of them if people we'ren't getting rewarded?

Lets try, one last time.

Bitcoin is way, way, way ahead. Millions are being poured into start-ups.

If Bitcoin doesn't invest in change to create credible anonymity, there will be a price to pay. Chance are Bitcoin will have to do something at some point, but it would be such a gigantic undertaking that they may risk not doing anything.

In that event, everyone would need a plan B, to prevent privacy issues from becoming, er, issues.

So regardless of which xyz coin does anonymity, it needs to be a hybrid of Bitcoin to stand a chance of being introduced as the plan B next to Bitcoin because of incompatibility costs to add a new layer.  E.g, DRK becomes the second credit card introduced next to the most popular credit card.

Will Bitcoin face privacy problems? Who knows? Well, these guys have one insight into the potential problems, amongst the many other issues:

A research paper published in May 2014, highlighted the approach that could be taken to reveal IP addresses of those using Bitcoin: Deanonymisation of clients in Bitcoin P2P network,

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1405.7418.pdf
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:24:48 PM

Enjoy the graph.

Pointless.

Rather like you.

Lets try, one last time.

Bitcoin is way, way, way ahead. Millions are being poured into start-ups.

If Bitcoin doesn't invest in change to create credible anonymity, there will be a price to pay. Chances are Bitcoin will have to do something at some point, but it would be such a gigantic undertaking that they may risk not doing anything.

In that event, everyone would need a plan B, to prevent privacy issues from becoming, er, issues.

So regardless of which xyz coin does anonymity, it needs to be a hybrid of Bitcoin to stand a chance of being introduced as the plan B next to Bitcoin because of incompatibility costs to add a new layer.  E.g, DRK becomes the second credit card introduced next to the most popular credit card.

Will Bitcoin face privacy problems? Who knows? Well, these guys have one insight into the potential problems, amongst the many other issues:

A research paper published in May 2014, highlighted the approach that could be taken to reveal IP addresses of those using Bitcoin: Deanonymisation of clients in Bitcoin P2P network,

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1405.7418.pdf

Sorry to hear you lost faith in the project. Also, sorry you're going to be getting out at a horrible time (right before I announce I have EVERYTHING figured out to make Darkcoin mainstream?).

Over the past couple of days, I've made huge leaps in the Darksend technology. In fact, RC4 will be the final solution to Darkcoin's anonymity. The client will automatically look at all of your funds and it will be able to tell which funds are not anonymized, if it finds non-anonymous outputs it will run them through a darksend with other clients. After that process, users can send without Darksend using the anonymous outputs for instant transactions without waiting for other nodes (with no upper limit on transaction sizes).

The other thing you're missing is that there is a reason I forked Bitcoin. Adoption for Darkcoin will be MUCH faster and easier for vendors, because all of the APIs are the same.

Expect more news in a few days. I have lots of work to do, but soon we can start testing all of this new functionality.

Great timing!
rickraw

Activity: 387

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:26:04 PM

Worth quoting  Grin

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:27:43 PM

Does this not render masternodes redundant?

edit: no, because non-anonymised coin is darksent automagically...

Temporary reading comprehension failure, apologies.  Embarrassed
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:28:30 PM

Troll

Grin
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:31:31 PM

Troll

Just old and slow...  Grin
duckmuy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:32:28 PM

Damn we were erecting the crucifix! You escape this time!
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:33:02 PM

See?

Bitcoin is one thing, LTC is another.

If you're a BTC merchant, you're a brave warrior, plowing new territory.
 If you're also an LTC merchant, you're 2 steps ahead of the previous , tech wise.
 Merchant regulation SUCKS, but has societal purpose.
 DRK solves BTC's prime problem for merchants.
 DRK solves BTC's prime problem for merchant's clients
 DRK solves BTC's prime problem for immense immovable scrutinised private capital.

No need to have a cryptography degree to solve this equation.  Grin

Darkcoin is brilliant both for micro and macro transactions
mattmct

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:33:45 PM

Evan does it again! Pops in to blow everyone's mind! Cheesy Never question the development skills!
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:34:28 PM

I read it the same way the first time. Skimming isn't your friend in this business  Cheesy.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:43:34 PM

The client will automatically look at all of your funds and it will be able to tell which funds are not anonymized, if it finds non-anonymous outputs it will run them through a darksend with other clients. After that process, users can send without Darksend using the anonymous outputs for instant transactions without waiting for other nodes (with no upper limit on transaction sizes).

This is one of those moments "why didn't I think of that?" lol

So basically you could anonymize your balance once with however many loops you'd want because it's just one time deal, so it doesn't matter if it takes 20 minutes or 20 hours to get them mixed.. and after that have non-bloating immediate transactions? Smiley
raleit2014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Crypto is the Future!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 08:46:09 PM

I have placed a HOLD rating on DRK until these get sorted out.
good luck on the events.
Crypto Analytics
http://cryptoanalytics.trade/analyst-ratings/

http://cryptoanalytics.trade/
1GJ6MocSnEih1tjPstsCKBxgH2PRpdBnVB
Pages: « 1 ... 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 [2184] 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: