Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:45:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 [2233] 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722509 times)
sin242

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:26:02 PM

Gotta disagree..   I like the Fisker Karma's solution much better....   The theory that is, not the actual company.
We can already see how well that worked out...

I won't argue that Musk is a boss...

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SoapMaker

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:26:57 PM

Hey Darkcoiners,

I just updated my MN today to version 11.06
This was 6 or 8 hours ago now.
My node now shows as "unlisted" on this page.
Did I break my node or is everything ok ?

Thanks

This corporate empire of three city states controls the world economically through London’s inner city, militarily through the District of Columbia, and spiritually through the Vatican
                 http://youtu.be/C1pkJaNbzLU              https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-launch.2033/                      http://conspiracycoin.org/                          
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:29:18 PM

Gotta disagree..   I like the Fisker Karma's solution much better....   The theory that is, not the actual company.
We can already see how well that worked out...
I won't argue that Musk is a boss...
Recently gave away all of the company's patents, too. For free. To the world.

I don't get patents on my inventions, either. I could be a billionarie, but My Fellow Americans need the stuff I design, and they need to not be gouged with government-enforced monopolies.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:42:03 PM

Hey Darkcoiners,

Thanks
I'm afraid it is not up. Not showing when I enter your IP into masternode list on my MN. You may need to send restart instructions and make sure darkcoind is actually running.
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:44:33 PM

I think a lot of the sell pressure at the moment is due to impatience. People see other coins moving and dump because they want a piece of the action. If you make BTC on other coins, that's fine and well, but the majority of people lose. The altcoin market is worse than penny stocks.
Not off topic at all...

I'm glad to see the impatience. More DRKs for me. I don't even want a Model S and these fools are buying me one...

A model S would be a waste of money atm wouldn't it? Personally I think I'm gonna wait a few years to see if they can make the design better and get the price down. I think at the moment you're gonna be paying a lot for a little, it's a huge hassle to charge. Cool tech, just not really there yet.

My daily driver is a 2013 Leaf.  The charging thing took a little getting used to, but it's basically a non-issue at his point.  And it goes about 1/3 the distance a Model S does on a charge.  DCQC stations are popping up everywhere and I can basically go anywhere in my region (Tahoe to San Francisco) without major problems.

The Model S is much more convenient that what I drive, and will easily reach oil burner levels of convenience once Tesla's battery swap stations start coming online.

Is there a price premium for driving an EV?  Depends on a lot of things I guess.  Tax incentives, special insurance rates, special electric rates offset that, plus there are still a lot of "free" public charging stations.  Also a lot of other perks, like car pool lane access, designated parking, very low maintenance costs' etc.
sin242

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:57:43 PM

I just don't feel full electric cars are the future.  Unless there is some radical improvement in battery/power storage tech it won't take
the #1 spot.  It would need to be some form of hybrid like a hydrogen fuel cell.

That said.. if i was commuting to work on a daily basis and it was some significant distance, I would be giving something like a Leaf a hard look
for pure commuting.  But for anything else not so much.

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:59:22 PM

long quote

If that quote's going to be bumped all the way through the thread it would good if my apology to Nthelight could be appended the complete picture.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:00:32 AM

If you have to go with something, Tesla is it, for now.

But, all energy stems from the sun, which is driven by hydrogen. Toyota is working on hydrogen power and refueling infrastructure. That's the way to go.

The only problem is, other than having to wait 30 years for the tech, Toyota make horrible looking cars.

But, back on topic, when they open pre-orders with DRK, I'll put down a deposit.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:00:55 AM

Bah, I want the engine out of this thing - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/trident/iceni/86795/trident-iceni-diesel-v8-sports-car-promises-over-100mpg - in my trusty L200 pickup.

Which I will then run on cheap vegetable oil.  Grin

edit: until a nuclear option is available, obviously.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:19:43 AM

I think a lot of the sell pressure at the moment is due to impatience. People see other coins moving and dump because they want a piece of the action. If you make BTC on other coins, that's fine and well, but the majority of people lose. The altcoin market is worse than penny stocks.
Not off topic at all...

I'm glad to see the impatience. More DRKs for me. I don't even want a Model S and these fools are buying me one...
A model S would be a waste of money atm wouldn't it? Personally I think I'm gonna wait a few years to see if they can make the design better and get the price down. I think at the moment you're gonna be paying a lot for a little, it's a huge hassle to charge. Cool tech, just not really there yet.
My daily driver is a 2013 Leaf.  The charging thing took a little getting used to, but it's basically a non-issue at his point.  And it goes about 1/3 the distance a Model S does on a charge.  DCQC stations are popping up everywhere and I can basically go anywhere in my region (Tahoe to San Francisco) without major problems.

The Model S is much more convenient that what I drive, and will easily reach oil burner levels of convenience once Tesla's battery swap stations start coming online.

Is there a price premium for driving an EV?  Depends on a lot of things I guess.  Tax incentives, special insurance rates, special electric rates offset that, plus there are still a lot of "free" public charging stations.  Also a lot of other perks, like car pool lane access, designated parking, very low maintenance costs' etc.
I looked at the Leaf and I just can't justify it... I'm not a city dweller. It wouldn't even get me to the Post Office and back... CHAdeMO is just plain weaksauce... IF you've got an inadequate battery, then an inadequate charging infrastructure looks like it fits... But it's really just a completely inadequate overall product... Kinda like Cloak and XC.... ;-)

To me, it's actually MORE convenient than oil-burner levels. And I'm still in love with my recently destroyed VW TDI Passat... If you must burn dinos, that's how it's done. 55MPG and makes even the most expensive exotic sports cars cry uncle while lasting an easy half million miles... Very few TDIs die of natural causes. They're murdered by idiot American 'mechanics;' as was mine... Why should I go to a gas station when the car can gas itself up while I GO DO USEFUL STUFF! People can't seem to grasp the idea of decoupling themselves from the refueling operation... I don't give a shit if it takes all night; I'm sleeping, watching TV, screwing hot chicks, designing cool gun stuff, ranting on my blog, hunting trolls... It takes me precisely zero hours, zero minutes, and zero seconds to recharge the car. I'm sure it takes at least 3 minutes to buy gas, and you had to go out of your way to get it. Gas Stations and Overpriced Convenience Stores have become such a subtle brainwash that people don't understand that it can be entirely done away with... Just like "Central Issuing Authority" and "Backing" for money...

Stupid is as stupid does. Intelligent choices follow the same thread, always...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:20:32 AM

Bah, I want the engine out of this thing - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/trident/iceni/86795/trident-iceni-diesel-v8-sports-car-promises-over-100mpg - in my trusty L200 pickup.

Which I will then run on cheap vegetable oil.  Grin

edit: until a nuclear option is available, obviously.
I used to roll WMO in my old Chevy LUV diesel. ;-) Crank the torsion bars and find some air!

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:23:33 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 12:43:00 AM by camosoul

But, all energy stems from the sun, which is driven by hydrogen. Toyota is working on hydrogen power and refueling infrastructure. That's the way to go.

The only problem is, other than having to wait 30 years for the tech, Toyota make horrible looking cars.

But, back on topic, when they open pre-orders with DRK, I'll put down a deposit.
Combusting hydrogen and crushing it into helium and heavier elements with gravity are not even close to the same thing. "Hydrogen" is not the future because we can't have that much gravity in every car without creating a blackhole out of the little place we call Earth.

We can, however, take advantage of that giant fusion reactor in the sky that we're currently squandering in favor of cancer... We've already go it, in abundance, more than we'll ever figure out how to use. And we're squandering it. Waste not, want not...  Waste something that amazing, work like a slave for no reason and die a horrible, slow death. It's tossing more energy at us per square meter than would could ever know what to do with, and we're throwing it all away and drilling the lube out of the tectonic plates instead... Earthquakes, anyone? Duh...

Batteries are workable right now. Tesla uses 10 year old tech and it's not merely viable, it's preferable to oil. It can only get better from here...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:30:45 AM

Combusting hydrogen and crushing it into helium and heavier elements with gravity are not even close to the same thing. "Hydrogen" is not the future because we can't have that much gravity in every car without creating a blackhole out of the little place we call Earth.

We can, however, take advantage of that giant fusion reactor in the sky that we're currently squandering in favor of cancer... It's tossing more energy at us per square meter than would could ever know what to do with, and we're throwing it all away and drilling the lube out of the tectonic plates instead... Earthquakes, anyone? Duh...

Batteries are workable right now. Tesla uses 10 year old tech and it's not merely viable, it's preferable to oil. It can only get better from here...
Gotta hop into this OT conversation quickly, with one comment about solar and vehicles:

Solar FREAKIN' Roadways!  http://www.solarroadways.com/intro.shtml
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:41:38 AM

Not off topic at all...

I looked at the Leaf and I just can't justify it... I'm not a city dweller. It wouldn't even get me to the Post Office and back... CHAdeMO is just plain weaksauce... IF you've got an inadequate battery, then an inadequate charging infrastructure looks like it fits... But it's really just a completely inadequate overall product... Kinda like Cloak and XC.... ;-)

True enough - Model S is definitely the best choice if you can afford it.  Their battery tech and supercharger infrastructure are years ahead of any of their competition.  But price is a huge barrier to entry for the time being (they're looking to remedy that in the next few years). Ford shoehorned an EV drivetrain into the focus and it shows, the Volt is terrible inside, especially the backseat, and it still burns gas, and we won't even talk about the Mitsubishi (I don't know enough about the BMW or the Fiat to render an opinion).

The Leaf works very well for me and my wife in our current situation, but it's probably not something you would want as your only car. Tesla is definitely where it's at right now. Hopefully someday I can afford one.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 01:16:44 AM

True enough - Model S is definitely the best choice if you can afford it.  Their battery tech and supercharger infrastructure are years ahead of any of their competition.  But price is a huge barrier to entry for the time being (they're looking to remedy that in the next few years). Ford shoehorned an EV drivetrain into the focus and it shows, the Volt is terrible inside, especially the backseat, and it still burns gas, and we won't even talk about the Mitsubishi (I don't know enough about the BMW or the Fiat to render an opinion).

The Leaf works very well for me and my wife in our current situation, but it's probably not something you would want as your only car. Tesla is definitely where it's at right now. Hopefully someday I can afford one.
This business of trying to hybridize them with two forms of energy storage, two forms of motive force... You get a much better result from just doing one or the other. If the Volt had no engine, it would have room for plenty of batteries... Such bad ideas and bad combinations of ideas. I get the feeling the entire auto industry is investing in making electric cars look bad on purpose so they can just keep doing what they're doing.

I actually don't want the Model S. What I want is SuperChargers and to put my many KWs of PV to use. But, since it's resale value is damn near 100%, I'm willing to drive it for a few years until the Model E comes out. Then I'll trade it for two of those with no money out of pocket. Some would say that the smart move, from a DRK perspective, is to just hodl until Model E and I'll have so much money I might just buy a parking lot full of Model S anyway... But I'm sick of waiting for the world to catch up with me. Been like that my whole life. It's time to live a little. I'm willing to sacrifice a certain percentage to have it now. I'm not going to live forever. And, I'm not likely to die of natural causes, given the business that I'm in coupled with the extreme perversion of contemporary government... Gotta do it while I'm still above ground.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thunderdrum

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:32:43 AM

No compromise. Please quote me and spend 15 mins of your time explaining why this is not scamcoin.

I's ok - I'll explain it to you since you seem to have fallen foul of an extreme case of hypocracy.

::::::::::::::::: INVESTMENT ALERT (MINER-EDITION) :::::::::::::::::

I think it's important to point out that DRK is rapidly becoming one of the most viable and miner-friendly coins around.

This has been a result of the devs taking a pro-active approach to the corrosive effect that mining has had on markets in the past, with the need to get holdings offloaded within a very narrow valuation window to optimise ROI.

They did it at the coin's launch by introducing the X11 algorithm which increased mining profitability through improved efficiency, and now they're doing it again by addressing ongoing intrinsic value of mined holdings.

In addition to all that, in keeping with the libertarian and "disruptive technology" ethics of its founders, miners can now enjoy a continued revenue return on their assets WITHOUT having to compromise the equity element. This has never been possible with any other coin directly from the coin's own algorithm and gives miners 2 potential sources of income from a single crypto-currency.

Note - the non-mining revenue option is also available to holders who acquired their holding through trading, but miners have first call on it since all coins require to be mined before they are bought.

All in all, this forms an unbeatable deal for miners since they now have far more latitude in optimising their return on mining investment. The only thing that's had anything remotely similar is Proof of Stake blockchains with an interest bearing element, but then, they're not exactly "miner friendly" are they  Wink

::::::::::::::::: END INVESTMENT ALERT (MINER-EDITION) :::::::::::::::::

...in other words, miners are top of the pecking order when it comes to this coin. It's in their hands before anyone else's and they've got more options over what to do with it then anyone else.

So please don't try to sell us sob stories about how miners are losing out. They have a wealth of coins to choose from and anyone else who wants this coin it any other coin has to buy it from a miner. As I've pointed out above, miners are EVEN in a position to receive the masternode income - so they can have their cake and eat it.

SNIIP

No time to read all that. This is still scamcoin. 20% tax is too much. Someone please explain.

Grin
Haha, toknormal,You can't wake up the guy who fake sleep. And you can't spread the true to the guy who don't want it.

Trol or FUD: if you come here for some "other reason", Just like your predecessor, you will be crushed by the community~  Wink

More cheap DRK please~ Accumulating everyday~

This is the best project in crypto----DarkCoin. Time will tell and don't blame you miss it.
FAQ
SoapMaker

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:35:52 AM

Hey Darkcoiners,

Thanks
I'm afraid it is not up. Not showing when I enter your IP into masternode list on my MN. You may need to send restart instructions and make sure darkcoind is actually running.

Hey,

Thanks Taylor05, first post !
I couldn't figure out where I went wrong,
finally i just stopped & restarted darkcoind.
& now I'm listed.
Smiley

This corporate empire of three city states controls the world economically through London’s inner city, militarily through the District of Columbia, and spiritually through the Vatican
                 http://youtu.be/C1pkJaNbzLU              https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-launch.2033/                      http://conspiracycoin.org/                          
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:41:17 AM

Mummy didn't buy me a red firetruck for my 4th birthday...

You Sir, won the official Bitcointalk award for the most annoying, stubborn and unintelligent trolls ever.
Day by day posting non-existing issues under the false "concerns" for the "people".

You are making joke out of yourself, and your trolling is very obvious.
Go back to whatever scam coin you hold.
I'm surprised that folks here still carry on discussion with you. Back to ignore.

XC Bagholder... Spent a looong time on the Polo TrollBox discrediting DRK and promoting XC with every breath he had...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 01:43:42 AM

Miners currently making losses will make funds back when coin value rises. If you don't like that then stop mining in the meantime. As miners, you join the party or go home. You do not make the rules.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:45:33 AM

wow.. i just noticed we are number 2 in the most viewed posts of the altcoin announcement thread
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0)

just some more posts and we can beat dogecoin with most viewed posts...
edit : okay okay .. actually a lot more posts to beat Dogecoin

views Dogecoin : 1261934
views Darkcoin : 1067747
views NXT        : 1001442

I just wanna thank all the trolls for the unintentional support they are all showing us, we all really appreciate it.

I agree the incessant and laughably transparent trolling of this thread has kept it at the top of the stack for weeks now!
I doubt even 1 newb has been swayed by the childish repeating of FUD by certain individuals.

the latest round of crying about the MN payments just shows everyone that there really is nothing even the most ardent naysayers have to throw at DRK.
talk about clutching at straws........ Roll Eyes

I mine DRK and have no problem losing 20% to MasterNodes that provide the double service of Anonymous transactions while promoting a proliferation of vital network nodes.
the funny part is it is still more profitable to mine than it is to have a MN for the cost involved

You might forget the cost of running your rigs while one MN need only 10$/month for running VPS?

$5 a month for a droplet with Digital Ocean  Grin

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Pages: « 1 ... 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 [2233] 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: