Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:26:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 [2232] 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722510 times)
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:43:05 PM

What do you guys plan doing against pools that haven't used the fork yet and are boycotting against 20% mining fee?
Fuck them in the butt with a sideways pine cone when RC4 comes out.

Union Crypto Miners... They think they're in charge of something, lols.

Bury them with the rest of the Union Bosses...

.5 and .6 are a bit of a coy endgame... Maybe you can figure it out?

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:57:04 PM

Great post Nthelight, thank you.

Can I have a question that seems very basic but can't get an answer to it... How many miners are required for the coin to function? Is it 1% of the current hashes? What is the mining rate after which there is little benefit for the coin? 10%? 50%? Do not get me wrong, I am not trying to suggest we could have done with less miners - I am just being curious Smiley

And sorry if this sounds stupid to you Grin

I'm pretty sure a single mid-range GPU could comfortably service the whole bitcoin network in realtime, and never break 50 celsius.  Grin

The POW concept revolves around decentralisation - it doesn't take much compute power to chuck a few numbers around the blockchain, but you need it distributed to prevent one party or one bloc swamping the rest - the 51% attack.

The investment needed to generate coins - by miners and in our case by MN ops, is one of the things that lends a coin value - if it's cost you £x to generate y coins, you probably wont want to be selling them for <£x.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:17:47 PM

http://scr.hu/1ame/j32lm
Is it normal that I didn`t touch anything and my MN get listed only by 2 sv on El President list?

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:33:16 PM

I do not believe that a date has been set. Late July is what I remember.
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:33:21 PM

Great post Nthelight, thank you.

Can I have a question that seems very basic but can't get an answer to it... How many miners are required for the coin to function? Is it 1% of the current hashes? What is the mining rate after which there is little benefit for the coin? 10%? 50%? Do not get me wrong, I am not trying to suggest we could have done with less miners - I am just being curious Smiley

And sorry if this sounds stupid to you Grin

I'm pretty sure a single mid-range GPU could comfortably service the whole bitcoin network in realtime, and never break 50 celsius.  Grin

The POW concept revolves around decentralisation - it doesn't take much compute power to chuck a few numbers around the blockchain, but you need it distributed to prevent one party or one bloc swamping the rest - the 51% attack.

The investment needed to generate coins - by miners and in our case by MN ops, is one of the things that lends a coin value - if it's cost you £x to generate y coins, you probably wont want to be selling them for <£x.

Great, thank you for such a nice clear explanation!  Smiley
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:47:20 PM

Hey guys, I have been keeping an eye on dark, but not following it too closely. Can somebody tell me if there is a set release date for RC4 or is mid July the best guesstimate?

Late July.  As we get closer we'll announce an exact date.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 09:59:56 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 10:10:14 PM by camosoul

Hey guys, I have been keeping an eye on dark, but not following it too closely. Can somebody tell me if there is a set release date for RC4 or is mid July the best guesstimate?
Last I seen was around the 21st of July
Lets not put too fine a point on it just 'cause someone bandied a number once... It was said to be "Late July."

If you start saying "The 21st" then the trolls come out saying "Why no fix teh busted DRKz on said date? Another deadline blown! DRK sucks! Evan is devil boy! Stick another fork in it, it's done! I paid my 20% taxes and it still didn't money hose me in the face! Also, my dick is so small it blends in with my pubes."

I've got a hose for your face, trolls... C'mere, on your knees...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:20:21 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 10:35:49 PM by sharkbyte093

Last I seen was around the 21st of July
Lets not put too fine a point on it just 'cause someone bandied a number once... It was said to be "Late July."

If you start saying "The 21st" then the trolls come out saying "Why no fix teh busted DRKz on said date? Another deadline blown! DRK sucks! Evan is devil boy! Stick another fork in it, it's done! I paid my 20% taxes and it still didn't money hose me in the face! Also, my dick is so small it blends in with my pubes."

I've got a hose for your face, trolls... C'mere, on your knees...

Yea. Late July is the official world, not sure where that 21st July figure came from.

Off Topic:

I think a lot of the sell pressure at the moment is due to impatience. People see other coins moving and dump because they want a piece of the action. If you make BTC on other coins, that's fine and well, but the majority of people lose. The altcoin market is worse than penny stocks.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 10:36:57 PM

I think a lot of the sell pressure at the moment is due to impatience. People see other coins moving and dump because they want a piece of the action. If you make BTC on other coins, that's fine and well, but the majority of people lose. The altcoin market is worse than penny stocks.
Not off topic at all...

I'm glad to see the impatience. More DRKs for me. I don't even want a Model S and these fools are buying me one...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:43:19 PM

Reasons for not giving an exact date for RC4, should be quite obvious:

1. Implementing software takes time, you can average on when you think its done.

2. When you think your implementation is done, you need to test it, again, no time frame can be given.

3. IF problems are found, these would need to be fixed, and retested.

Rinse, and repeat for each function you implement...

when all points are done, then you can start thinking about releasing....

CHAOSiTEC

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
sharkbyte093

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:44:36 PM

Not off topic at all...

I'm glad to see the impatience. More DRKs for me. I don't even want a Model S and these fools are buying me one...

A model S would be a waste of money atm wouldn't it? Personally I think I'm gonna wait a few years to see if they can make the design better and get the price down. I think at the moment you're gonna be paying a lot for a little, it's a huge hassle to charge. Cool tech, just not really there yet.

sharkbyte093

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:46:34 PM

Reasons for not giving an exact date for RC4, should be quite obvious:

1. Implementing software takes time, you can average on when you think its done.

2. When you think your implementation is done, you need to test it, again, no time frame can be given.

3. IF problems are found, these would need to be fixed, and retested.

Rinse, and repeat for each function you implement...

when all points are done, then you can start thinking about releasing....

CHAOSiTEC

Yea I think most of the people who have watched the evolution of this project understand that, it's why we're here for the long haul.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 10:57:41 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 11:17:53 PM by camosoul

Not off topic at all...

A model S would be a waste of money atm wouldn't it? Personally I think I'm gonna wait a few years to see if they can make the design better and get the price down. I think at the moment you're gonna be paying a lot for a little, it's a huge hassle to charge. Cool tech, just not really there yet.
Life is only so long... I've been extorted by oil companies long enough. It's worth the monetary loss to take back my humanity.

I'm waiting for my holding to have an inflatable bullshit guvpaper conversion ration high enough for the Tesla to be a pre-determined fraction of that faux-value. I won't be cashing out anywhere near the whole amount to get it.

Sure, I might look back in a few years and say "Damn, I paid about 3mil for this car, lols! Would have a ton more money if I hodled."

1) The future is no place for your better days. They seem to never get here when you think like that.
2) I'd only be paying more taxes. I hate giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
3) I don't have a use or desire for obscene amounts of money. See #2.

When you realize that my initial investment is around $20, it's still a $20 Tesla Model S... Tell me that's a bad deal. Go ahead...

I much prefer the target of the Model E. Since the Initial production Model S sells second-hand for it's original sticker price, I can go in for it now and trade it for two Model Es in a few years. No son of mine is going to have oil companies mooching off of him! If you saw the video I posted a few pages back, you'll realize I'm not exactly a luxury car kind of guy, and I don't live in the urban environment the car is marketed towards... I could build my own Electric Truck/convert to EV for a lot less money. But, no SuperChargers... While I find everything about building my own to be better than buying a Tesla, I'd have to sit around charging for days... Tesla's supercharger is under an hour and they're everywhere, so it's a road-trip electric car. I can't do that on my own. Even if DRK goes to $10,000 I can't install a supercahrger network across the planet...

I understand that industry just was well as I understand crypto, and I went all-in on DRK in early march for a reason... I'm not exactly an Elon Musk fanboy, but facts are facts.

Tesla is to Cars as DRK is to Crypto. Those who doubt are simply uneducated.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
sharkbyte093

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:17:34 PM

Not off topic at all...

Life is only so long... I've been extorted by oil companies long enough. It's worth the monetary loss to take back my humanity.

I'm waiting for my holding to have an inflatable bullshit guvpaper conversion ration high enough for the Tesla to be a pre-determined fraction of that faux-value. I won't be cashing out anywhere near the whole amount to get it.

Sure, I might look back in a few years and say "Damn, I paid about 3mil for this car, lols! Would have a ton more money if I hodled."

1) The future is no place for your better days. They seem to never get here when you think like that.

When you realize that my initial investment is around $20, it's still a $20 Tesla Model S... Tell me that's a bad deal. Go ahead...

I much prefer the target of the Model E. Since the Initial production Model S sells second-hand for it's original sticker price, I can go in for it now and trade it for two Model Es in a few years. No son of mine is going to have oil companies mooching off of him!

I understand that industry just was well as I understand crypto, and I went all-in on DRK in early march for a reason... I'm not exactly an Elon Musk fanboy, but facts are facts.

Pretty damn good job then if your initial stake was only $20.

Do the battery issues worry you at all? I know it's something that will be ironed out with time but at the moment seems to be a safety concern. Especially if you were considering a second hand one.

Electric cars are the future, honestly I'd feel much better driving around in one, but one needs to realize that a lot of the grid power still comes from fossil fuel energy. So when you consume power from the grid, even if you're using an electric car, that power ultimately still came from a dirty source. Obviously that will also change with time (hopefully), but for now it is what it is.

That company (Tesla) impresses the hell out of me, I get a tingly Bill Gates feeling from Elon Musk.

sin242

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:20:11 PM

Gotta disagree..   I like the Fisker Karma's solution much better....   The theory that is, not the actual company.

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:21:24 PM

I get a tingly Bill Gates feeling from Elon Musk.

There's probably an ointment available for that.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:22:54 PM

Not off topic at all...

I much prefer the target of the Model E. Since the Initial production Model S sells second-hand for it's original sticker price, I can go in for it now and trade it for two Model Es in a few years. No son of mine is going to have oil companies mooching off of him!

Pretty damn good job then if your initial stake was only $20.

Do the battery issues worry you at all? I know it's something that will be ironed out with time but at the moment seems to be a safety concern.

Electric cars are the future, honestly I'd feel much better driving around in one, but one needs to realize that a lot of the grid power still comes from fossil fuel energy. So when you consume power from the grid, even if you're using an electric car, that power ultimately still came from a dirty source. Obviously that will also change with time (hopefully), but for now it is what it is.

That company (Tesla) impresses the hell out of me, I get a tingly Bill Gates feeling from Elon Musk.
I'm not trying to derail the thread with Tesla Troll Rebuttals... But Tesla is a lot like DRK... Shitloads of trolls... There are no "battery problems." Just paid media troll FUD.

To name just two, Bjorn Nyland and KManAuto are two youtube channels you should check out to see how much "trouble" there is with Teslas... Neither one of them are exactly rich, but understand the alue of NOT spending all their future income on repairs, maintenance, or OIL... In approx 1 year there won't be anywhere in the USA or Europe that you can't go with no worries, superchargers everywhere. 2 near where I live in the next few months. I'll be able to go pretty much anywhere for free for the rest of my life. Play that into investment calculations...

DRK FTW is the custom license plate the forum helped me pick. for it. ;-)

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:23:45 PM

I hope so. They're nothing at all alike... Bill Gates is a scammer and a douche to the core...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:24:29 PM

Gotta disagree..   I like the Fisker Karma's solution much better....   The theory that is, not the actual company.
We can already see how well that worked out...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
sharkbyte093

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:24:51 PM

Musk-Away™, by Tesla.

Instructions:

Rub ointment on nipples and attach cathodes. Set voltage to maximum and activate.

I hope so. They're nothing at all alike... Bill Gates is a scammer and a douche to the core...

I meant I like his vision, maybe Steve Jobs was a better example.

Pages: « 1 ... 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 [2232] 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: