Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:04:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 [4416] 4417 4418 4419 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 4430 4431 4432 4433 4434 4435 4436 4437 4438 4439 4440 4441 4442 4443 4444 4445 4446 4447 4448 4449 4450 4451 4452 4453 4454 4455 4456 4457 4458 4459 4460 4461 4462 4463 4464 4465 4466 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722714 times)
TheTommyD

Activity: 319
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:01:20 PM

Beautiful Smiley 1 WEEK MACD

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/macd.asp was helpful to learn about MACD

Where do you see the image of the chart you posted?

It's Probably a Screenshot from Bitcoinwisdom.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/drkbtc

BTC: 1DEj5mbjoYXqvRKfoS4yqtdvSKHpQ4hFLu
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:02:14 PM

with settings -> indicator --> MACD

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
fulgdenea

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:04:35 PM

DASH is like hidden treasure the more you will wait it will worth for it. DASH will go to above $100 each.
TheTommyD

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:07:38 PM

with settings -> indicator --> MACD

Thanks! I'm by no means a Chartist but I like the StochRSI  Smiley

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:11:31 PM

I'm more convinced than ever that BTC is basically dead...

4) Centralization problems haven't been solved. In the last two years, two major 51% scares have happened, both involving ghash.io. Each time the alarm bells ring, new ideas are offered, and absolutely nothing changes.

You are right on all counts, but on any given day DRK's hash is usually even more centralised than BTC's.

Evan and team need to

a) Admit the fucking problem

and

b) Fix it by shifting blockchain security to Masternodes. Most of the code and all of the infrastructure already exists. Blockchain security can and should be practically unbreakable, the same as Darksend and InstantX, not left in the hands of two or three pool ops.

Go talk to anyone with serious money about trusting big chunks of it to a mightily 'decentralised' 3 shitty pool servers, all run as cheaply as possible by some noddy from the interwebs, see what reaction you get. Then have the same conversation again but with 3000 servers, n-of-m subsetting, 1/(10^20) attack success probability... your charts might suddenly start to look a bit more exiting than less than a fiftieth of the price of crappy old Bitcoin.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:19:55 PM

4) Centralization problems haven't been solved. In the last two years, two major 51% scares have happened, both involving ghash.io. Each time the alarm bells ring, new ideas are offered, and absolutely nothing changes.

You are right on all counts, but on any given day DRK's hash is usually even more centralised than BTC's.

Evan and team need to

and

b) Fix it by shifting blockchain security to Masternodes. Most of the code and all of the infrastructure already exists. Blockchain security can and should be practically unbreakable, the same as Darksend and InstantX, not left in the hands of two or three pool ops.

Go talk to anyone with serious money about trusting big chunks of it to a mightily 'decentralised' 3 shitty pool servers, all run as cheaply as possible by some noddy from the interwebs, see what reaction you get. Then have the same conversation again but with 3000 servers, n-of-m subsetting, 1/(10^20) attack success probability... your charts might suddenly start to look a bit more exiting than less than a fiftieth of the price of crappy old Bitcoin.

The problem is the MAN.

The MAN can get coordinated court orders around the world on all the hosting providers that run the network and shut them down if things get out of hand.

You can do the same with pools, but at least you have the fall back to solo miners.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:20:51 PM

Evan and team need to

and

Couldn't agree more--and didn't mean to imply that DASH has solved all these problems, either. But at least our devs/community is willing to innovate/tolerate innovation in an effort to solve them.

I agree that mining pools create a very frightening problems in any currency, and strongly hope that DASH will adopt a 100% Proof of Service model or a 100% P2Pool model.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:26:28 PM

The Chinese waiter is called Fu King

Priceless.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:27:31 PM

It turns out that analysis of price cycles is not unlike vibrational analysis in resonant structures. My background was in aeronautical engineering and when I started looking at trading charts I just used that as a crutch Smiley Price cycles within price cycles.

Maybe this?
A price positive feedback loop1 mechanism creates added instability and could be = new masternode buying and taken off market.
positive feedback loop2 = new btc coming to market
negative feedback loop3 = Dash getting sold onto the market from mining and node closures (dampening factor)

When have masternodes closing and selling into market(negative loop3), this acts as a dampening effect and results in a stronger negative feedback thus creating less strong wave vibrations.
positive feedback loop2 can change to negative feedback if btc is taken out of the system instead of put in.

added up, the total feedback must be over 1 to make the system unstable with the more wild swings coupled with a higher value over unity, otherwise the system will tend to flatten out and the higher the negative feedback the more stable the system will be.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:30:18 PM

DASH is like hidden treasure the more you will wait it will worth for it. DASH will go to above $100 each.

and beyond! it will be second to bitcoin and in the end people will shift to using DASH, unless something better will come up.

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 09:33:39 PM

It turns out that analysis of price cycles is not unlike vibrational analysis in resonant structures. My background was in aeronautical engineering and when I started looking at trading charts I just used that as a crutch Smiley Price cycles within price cycles.

The reason that your plane doesn't shake itself to pieces when it hits a bit of turbulence is that the natural vibrational frequencies of the engines and various parts of the structure all work against each other. That characteristic is actually designed into the plane using some incredible boffin-zone mathematics that can let the engineers tune the weights and dimensions of each component so the structure as a whole is perfect vibration "sink".

There's an amazing example available in engineering history of what can happen if they 'get it wrong'. "Galloping Gerty" was a suspension bridge across the Tacoma Narrows which was destroyed in what was more or less a light breeze. Have a look !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw

Bitcoinwisdom is an incredible piece of kit which basically does the aircraft engineer's job in reverse. It takes a single price signal plotted against time and decomposes it into its constituent "harmonics". So that's like taking the bumps you feel in the plane when it hits a cloud and breaking it down into the engine vibration, the fuselage bending, the wings oscillating and so on. Bitcoinwisdom lets you see if one is "dampening" out the other or helping it. It shows you the long, slow price cycles (like the aeroplane wings) and rapidly oscillating ones (like the engine vibration) inside those cycles.

Of course, none of that's any use unless you read the news as well  Wink It just helps you see how the price is developing and occasionally the various cycles act in resonance to produce a "galloping gerty" of the markets. Also, "proper" T/A people that actually know what they're doing use a whole pile more indicators that give you a more professional picture of things, but hey - I'm just having fun, not trading bonds for Goldman Sachs.

With respect to DASH's dual layer architecture, the word "resonance" I used in that context is to do with the massive leverage in functionality you get by having 1 more "mode" in which the network can operate. It's a bit like music. If you have 1 sinewave oscillator, you can only make 1 note and 1 tone. With 2, you can make an infinite number. On an oscilliscope you'd be able to make any shape of wave that looked nothing like either of the 2 source waves. This is why Evan is stumbling across one after the next solution to problems that are proving PITA's for others, because you need the 2 distinct "oscillators" to create dynamics that give you the functional diversity to address such a broad range of issues.

I mean, look at the alternative approaches:

In the "anon" space they need to use an absolute overkill amount of cryptography that then characterises the nature of the entire network just to solve that one simple problem. A bit like pouring a bowl of soup into a barrel of salt to improve the taste and then having to eat the barrel load instead of just sprinkling a few grains into the bowl.

In the "scaleability" space they're talking about similar sledgehammer tactics - huge increases in block sizes and whotnot that has got everyone quaking in their boots.

In the "performance" space, they need to add extra buffering layers or accept one or zero confirmations before the customer walks off.

In all these cases, DASH's dual mode approach has "walked it", arriving at natural, high performance solutions that are the ones any regular software systems designer would arrive it without even thinking about. The beauty of this one though is that it isn't a formal client-server architecture but a single, unified peice of software that works in 2 modes. So the service-oriented aspect of it is logical, not physical and the network is self resonating. The wallet daemon is the same across the whole network (unlike the idea that many critics of this technology like to try to promote) and, in keeping with the decentralised nature of this tech, anyone can launch any node, in any mode, anywhere, anytime and have it make a full, redundant contribution to the network. ("Redundant" in this case meaning the role is duplicated throughout the network).

Don't get me started on all this stuff or I'll be here for the next 100 pages and no-one will get a word in edgeways  Wink

Suffice to say that trading analysis and system analysis might not be so far apart as they look (at least not for amateurs that like to "wing it" like me  Cheesy )

But please, do tell us more about dynamic strategies for synergy accretion...  Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Department of

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:41:16 PM

I posted part of this in another thread, but I'll put it up here too. I want both the people researching DASH for the first time, and the old holding veterans who are nervous the FUD might scare people away to know the viewpoint of someone fairly new.

As someone who came in "late" to DASH the past few months, I literally could not care less about all the "instamine" drama everyone whines about.  There was obviously plenty of time when people could have bought in by the thousands for dirt cheap and they didn't do it.  They're just angry that they blew their chance. 

Before I bought DASH I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin or tech company produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  DASH gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better, even if it makes a few people angry.

When researching DASH, my first source of information was the Darkcointalk forums.  When I became fully involved in it and needed more discussion to read throughout the day, I came here.  Long story short, other than just impressing me with their ability to spend all day everyday being completely negative without becoming suicidal, the FUD spreaders have had no effect on a new DASH investor/investigator.

The community is amazing and very helpful with anything and everything.  I've been very impressed all around.  Thanks!
TheTommyD

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:42:55 PM

I have a question. This has been discussed many times, I'm sure.

A Masternode costs 1,000, Soon to be Dash.

I've read there's somewhere around 2,500 Masternodes.

2,500 x 1,000 = 2,500,000.

Does that mean that almost half of the tradeable Dash (5.217 Million) are not Tradeable?? (A Good Thing)

Or, is there something wrong with my Math?

Thanks

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:44:22 PM

I posted part of this in another thread, but I'll put it up here too. I want both the people researching DASH for the first time, and the old holding veterans who are nervous the FUD might scare people away to know the viewpoint of someone fairly new.

As someone who came in "late" to DASH the past few months, I literally could not care less about all the "instamine" drama everyone whines about.  There was obviously plenty of time when people could have bought in by the thousands for dirt cheap and they didn't do it.  They're just angry that they blew their chance. 

Before I bought DASH I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin or tech company produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  DASH gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better, even if it makes a few people angry.

When researching DASH, my first source of information was the Darkcointalk forums.  When I became fully involved in it and needed more discussion to read throughout the day, I came here.  Long story short, other than just impressing me with their ability to spend all day everyday being completely negative without becoming suicidal, the FUD spreaders have had no effect on a new DASH investor/investigator.

The community is amazing and very helpful with anything and everything.  I've been very impressed all around.  Thanks!

Thanks for posting. It's interesting to hear someone's perspective like this.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:52:50 PM

Does that mean that almost half of the tradeable Dash (5.217 Million) are not Tradeable?? (A Good Thing)

Thanks
It`s true that  they are out of market BUT if you need and want you can broke your running masternode just in one second and send the coins to exchange if you want but this will take down your masternode and the cycle of payments into the masternode.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:53:40 PM

Thanks

Everything is tradeable all the time, as you can always move the coins from masternodes to an exchange and sell them. Masternodes are more of an indirect indicator that those investors are more likely to hold, as they have an incentive to serve the network. It is a free market, at a certain price point some investors are bound to sell and others move in, until it finds equilibrium, but the whole coin supply is always at play.
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:54:38 PM

I just made a post on reddit.com/r/bitcoin about the recent lets talk bitcoin that discussed darkcoin and its many features. Guys if you want could you upvote it so more people can see it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/
TheTommyD

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:10:07 PM

Thanks
It`s true that  they are out of market BUT if you need and want you can broke your running masternode just in one second and send the coins to exchange if you want but this will take down your masternode and the cycle of payments into the masternode.

Thanks Everyone! Here's Something else I've been Wondering for a Year?

How much Did some of you Pay for Your First Masternodes last Year?

I remember and I held Dark: It was like a ton of money back then to set one up.

Naturally it was worth it Now.

High and Low; I'm Curious -and Jealous.

dazbarlby

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:11:01 PM

Thanks

If the owner of a masternode wants to keep it running they cannot move the 1000 DASH. They can move the 1000 DASH at anytime but doing so will remove the masternode from the network.

So yes 2.5 million coins are tied up in masternodes as most people with masternodes will be long term holders who have invested in VPS's to host their masternodes.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:17:10 PM

Thanks

If the owner of a masternode wants to keep it running they cannot move the 1000 DASH. They can move the 1000 DASH at anytime but doing so will remove the masternode from the network.

So yes 2.5 million coins are tied up in masternodes as most people with masternodes will be long term holders who have invested in VPS's to host their masternodes.

plus, because it's offline, you get kicked out the masternode payment's cycle so you have to wait for the next round which is every ~5 days i think (someone correct me if wrong Smiley)
Pages: « 1 ... 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 [4416] 4417 4418 4419 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 4430 4431 4432 4433 4434 4435 4436 4437 4438 4439 4440 4441 4442 4443 4444 4445 4446 4447 4448 4449 4450 4451 4452 4453 4454 4455 4456 4457 4458 4459 4460 4461 4462 4463 4464 4465 4466 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: