Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:56:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 [5234] 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722719 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:26:01 AM

I'm reading Charlie Shrem's ask me anything.  It's so inspiring, he's inspiring!  And he is in prison!  Wow, check it out: https://forum.bitcoin.com/ama-ask-me-anything-f69/i-m-charlie-shrem-bitcoin-pioneer-currently-in-federal-prison-ama-t239-20.html

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:07:23 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2015, 12:24:35 PM by toknormal

I'm reading Charlie Shrem's ask me anything.  It's so inspiring, he's inspiring!  And he is in prison!  Wow, check it out: https://forum.bitcoin.com/ama-ask-me-anything-f69/i-m-charlie-shrem-bitcoin-pioneer-currently-in-federal-prison-ama-t239-20.html

Jez'uz H. C.

Seems that even in prison one isn't safe from Monero spammers pushing their faux fungibility and "fair launch".

I am not here to pump altcoins or anything like that

Sure you ain't.
ArpFlush

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:08:35 PM

Can you help me with this update pls?

ArpFlush, next time try my linux utility dashman.  I think you'll enjoy it!

Just run it from the directory you have your dashd/dash-cli in.
(I couldn't tell from your post where you're keeping them, but I recommend keeping everything in ~/.dash and either adding ~/.dash to your PATH or symlinking them to an existing PATH directory. I'll help you get a convenient setup if you like.)

(In the screenshot, I have my dashd in ~/.dash and have cloned dashman to ~/src)

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman

Hi, thanks for the tool. However, I'm in no way a linux pro. I don't know if I have to install dependencies or not on my vultr machine and from experience I know these things could take way more time as I think.
Maybe I'll try it on a lazy weekend  Roll Eyes

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:40:18 PM

There is an empty canvas so far in the Dash section of Roger Ver's new crypto forum. Perhaps it will avoid White noise as it fills.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/dash-f67/
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 12:57:26 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2015, 01:14:47 PM by alex-ru

"Dash - The best alternative to Bitcoin" Unofficial Promo video (English)

Let me present the second unofficial DASH Promo video in English language!

You can view and download it in several resolutions, up to full-HD (1920*1080).

It is based on my Russian video (got more than 3.000 views at the moment!), but was improved and adopted for English (western) Audience. (thanks for everybody who edited transcript: kot, Otoh, oaxaca, Solarminer and others)

English Transcript:

00:03 - The World of finance is constantly changing...
00:07 - During the evolution and development of the Internet, new electronic money - Bitcoin - was introduced. Bitcoin was developed in 2008  and became the first digital payment system using it's own currency, operating through a secure, decentralized network. During the next few years, Bitcoin became popular all around the world – thousands of people and organizations now use the benefits of it's technology. It's capitalization quickly reached billions of dollars. Bitcoin gave people freedom and control over their personal finances.
00:41 - Banks completely control all of the old currencies and payment systems. This gives them control over your money and transactions. You were totally dependent on the private banks and financial organizations and they have the power to block your account, devalue or even confiscate your money.
01:00 - Nothing like this can happen with Bitcoin – a decentralized network of users worldwide gets rid of the need for intermediaries. All your funds are controlled by your personal wallet and all money transfers are controlled and verifieded by the distributed network.
01:15 - The Bitcoin system does not belong to anyone and all Bitcoin users are equal. The open source code is available to everyone to read. This guarantees the independence, safety, and security of the system.. By cutting out the banks as middlemen, transaction fees became very low. Continuous operation of the network worldwide guarantees that the security and transfer of your money to any place on the planet will happen quickly and securely.
01:45 - Bitcoin is easy to use - all you need is to install a software package called a wallet and connect it to the Internet. Today, Bitcoin operates smmothly and remains the most popular crypto-currency. However, when the network grew, limitations were discovered.  Transactions sometimes take up to an hour to confirm.  The design of the blockchain which is Bitcoin's strength, also leaves transactions visible and traceable.
02:12 - These limitations inspired developers to create an alternative, more advanced crypto-currency. Dash, created and introduced in the beginning of 2014., fixed many of these flaws.
02:28 - Dash developers took the best elements of Bitcoin and improved upon them. The fundamental advantage of Dash is the two-tier architecture of its distributed network. The single-tier Bitcoin network is able to perform only simple operations, verifying and recording transactions every 10 minutes.
02:52 - The Dash network utilizes a smart second tier of processing to perform functions that Bitcoin was never designed to do..
03:05 - Functions like facilitating anonymous payments, Instantly confirming transactions, and community voting are in use today on the Dash platform. In the future, creative new features will be added to Dash due to it's open source code and it's flexible design. Future development can be approved by the internal voting system.  Anyone can propose ideas for development, and even receive targeted funding if the majority of users agree. This will allow professionals from various disciplines to contribute to the Dash project and introduce new features to the system.
03:36 - Dash developers have leveraged and enhanced the existing Bitcoin design and have created a superior crypto-currency platform.
03:48 - You can find more information about the Dash project on the official website: www.dashpay.io. Simply download and install the DASH wallet program to begin using the most advanced, private, and instant form of digital cash available. You’ll be able to send and receive anonymous payments instantly without sharng your personal information with anyone.
04:01 - Please share the link to this video with your friends and family.

Thanks to Otoh and others who donated big part of this video production.

This time I had to order freelancer for voice-over.

It is pity -  but about 60 usd of my direct expenses still isn't compensated by donation, so thanks for further donations - DASH: XxG6WRPA5ef767m37eEbGjK8T1UPAVGdCq

kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:49:03 PM

Let me present the second unofficial DASH Promo video in English language!

You can view and download it in several resolutions, up to full-HD (1920*1080).

It is based on my Russian video (got more than 3.000 views at the moment!), but was improved and adopted for English (western) Audience. (thanks for everybody who edited transcript: kot, Otoh, oaxaca, Solarminer and others)

English Transcript:

00:03 - The World of finance is constantly changing...
00:07 - During the evolution and development of the Internet, new electronic money - Bitcoin - was introduced. Bitcoin was developed in 2008  and became the first digital payment system using it's own currency, operating through a secure, decentralized network. During the next few years, Bitcoin became popular all around the world – thousands of people and organizations now use the benefits of it's technology. It's capitalization quickly reached billions of dollars. Bitcoin gave people freedom and control over their personal finances.
00:41 - Banks completely control all of the old currencies and payment systems. This gives them control over your money and transactions. You were totally dependent on the private banks and financial organizations and they have the power to block your account, devalue or even confiscate your money.
01:00 - Nothing like this can happen with Bitcoin – a decentralized network of users worldwide gets rid of the need for intermediaries. All your funds are controlled by your personal wallet and all money transfers are controlled and verifieded by the distributed network.
01:15 - The Bitcoin system does not belong to anyone and all Bitcoin users are equal. The open source code is available to everyone to read. This guarantees the independence, safety, and security of the system.. By cutting out the banks as middlemen, transaction fees became very low. Continuous operation of the network worldwide guarantees that the security and transfer of your money to any place on the planet will happen quickly and securely.
01:45 - Bitcoin is easy to use - all you need is to install a software package called a wallet and connect it to the Internet. Today, Bitcoin operates smmothly and remains the most popular crypto-currency. However, when the network grew, limitations were discovered.  Transactions sometimes take up to an hour to confirm.  The design of the blockchain which is Bitcoin's strength, also leaves transactions visible and traceable.
02:12 - These limitations inspired developers to create an alternative, more advanced crypto-currency. Dash, created and introduced in the beginning of 2014., fixed many of these flaws.
02:28 - Dash developers took the best elements of Bitcoin and improved upon them. The fundamental advantage of Dash is the two-tier architecture of its distributed network. The single-tier Bitcoin network is able to perform only simple operations, verifying and recording transactions every 10 minutes.
02:52 - The Dash network utilizes a smart second tier of processing to perform functions that Bitcoin was never designed to do..
03:05 - Functions like facilitating anonymous payments, Instantly confirming transactions, and community voting are in use today on the Dash platform. In the future, creative new features will be added to Dash due to it's open source code and it's flexible design. Future development can be approved by the internal voting system.  Anyone can propose ideas for development, and even receive targeted funding if the majority of users agree. This will allow professionals from various disciplines to contribute to the Dash project and introduce new features to the system.
03:36 - Dash developers have leveraged and enhanced the existing Bitcoin design and have created a superior crypto-currency platform.
03:48 - You can find more information about the Dash project on the official website: www.dashpay.io. Simply download and install the DASH wallet program to begin using the most advanced, private, and instant form of digital cash available. You’ll be able to send and receive anonymous payments instantly without sharng your personal information with anyone.
04:01 - Please share the link to this video with your friends and family.

Thanks to Otoh and others who donated big part of this video production.

This time I had to order freelancer for voice-over.

It is pity -  but about 60 usd of my direct expenses still isn't compensated by donation, so thanks for further donations - DASH: XxG6WRPA5ef767m37eEbGjK8T1UPAVGdCq
COOL! Sent a tip. Smiley
ArpFlush

Activity: 623

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:53:02 PM

Great vid, shared via twitter  Smiley

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:58:51 PM

There is an empty canvas so far in the Dash section of Roger Ver's new crypto forum. Perhaps it will avoid White noise as it fills.

I did not even know this existed. When was this created? Looks a bit empty.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:14:40 PM

I did not even know this existed. When was this created? Looks a bit empty.

Yes, it's new. It looks to me like someone put in a few altcoin placeholders, most notably Dash of course. First mention of the forum I saw was here (one day old now): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1197894.0
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:26:38 PM

Can someone give me a good p2pool mining address, or a listing to pick from.  I found one, but I don't know where the best one for the eastern US is based on user experience.

thanks
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 02:35:57 PM

Can someone give me a good p2pool mining address, or a listing to pick from.  I found one, but I don't know where the best one for the eastern US is based on user experience.

thanks
try these lists
https://dashtalk.org/threads/all-p2pool-nodes-list.4670/

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Jestah

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:39:06 PM

thanks
try these lists
https://dashtalk.org/threads/all-p2pool-nodes-list.4670/

Perfect, thank you.  Smiley
Probleminfected

Activity: 89
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:39:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Will be posting there as well. The more people that are aware of the toxic Darkcoin/Dash fraud scheme, the better.

After a difficulty of 100, no matter what the blocks will return 15 DRK.

"No matter what"

Funny how Toknormal the shilling scam defender didn't even acknowledge this in my previous post, he just went straight to attack mode. I won't hold my breath waiting for a response from EvanTheInstaminer & Co.  Roll Eyes

Surprisingly, I only come here to see you and your other account comments, but your material is getting old...

Could you please come up with something new to bitch about?  You're not making me laugh anymore.

And I'm not just giving you shit, I want something new out of you.

So do better. 

Thanks.
blobafett2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:02:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Will be posting there as well. The more people that are aware of the toxic Darkcoin/Dash fraud scheme, the better.

After a difficulty of 100, no matter what the blocks will return 15 DRK.

"No matter what"

Funny how Toknormal the shilling scam defender didn't even acknowledge this in my previous post, he just went straight to attack mode. I won't hold my breath waiting for a response from EvanTheInstaminer & Co.  Roll Eyes

Surprisingly, I only come here to see you and your other account comments, but your material is getting old...

Could you please come up with something new to bitch about?  You're not making me laugh anymore.

And I'm not just giving you shit, I want something new out of you.

So do better.  

Thanks.

I think Adam's job is just to keep referencing the first 2 days of the public Dash launch, and insert the word "scam" as many times as possible, and to do this daily, possibly for money at this point.

I think there's a reason all the trolls stick to the first 2 days too - day 3 to now is not that easy to troll, with "EvanTheInstaminer" still here, quitting his job and working full time on Dash for 18 months and building it into (IMHO) the best solution to fix Bitcoin's problems and go a lot further - even though I think most people don't get this yet, even though the key Bitcoin problems Dash solves are now becoming the hot topic in the Bitcoin world.  

Anyhow, don't expect much creativity, he's practically a "Troll bot" paid to spam this thread at this stage Cheesy

AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:09:16 PM

How surprising, personal attacks but no answers (as usual)  Roll Eyes

How does the timing of the scam matter? It's still a scam whether it happened yesterday or at launch.

Dashtard logic at its finest.
blobafett2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:32:00 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2015, 04:43:22 PM by blobafett2

How surprising, personal attacks but no answers (as usual)  Roll Eyes

How does the timing of the scam matter? It's still a scam whether it happened yesterday or at launch.

Dashtard logic at its finest.

Having a fast emission does not constitute a scam Adam.

A scam is where there is financial loss - like the users of Mintpal, something i know a bit about.

Dash is just the biggest target for all the people who got scammed in alts with developers who dumped and left or hang around but don't deliver anything and just try to milk their communities - reason: invariably, scam devs like to gang up and attack the Dash dev - why? - because he's hurting them by showing how a decent & honest project is developed and run.

Anyone with a brain measures a dev on 1) are they working hard long term proving commitment to do what they promised  2) what is their ability to innovate better than other devs in the market and how consistent are they at doing that.

Looking at your history, pretty much every coin you invested in, the dev was a *real* scammer - they either left or didn't deliver anything over what they cloned.

Dash dev quit his job and put his whole life into Dash, and if you had invested or mined early, you would now be in profit, and be looking at the most active and committed team in crypto, taking your investment forward.

I guess, the fact that you are attacking a coin where no one has had any financial loss due to misdeads of the developer (and you never even invested in), instead of the dozens of actual scams you invested in, says a lot here:  you are being paid by (i can't guess) to troll here every day

mmmkay?

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 05:02:56 PM

Are you going to Bitcoin Wednesday?

Reserve your spot now, there's only 8 spots left

http://www.meetup.com/BitcoinWednesday/events/222357855/?src=meet&cmp=mail-02-10-2015&cnt=now

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:15:48 PM

Are you going to Bitcoin Wednesday?

Reserve your spot now, there's only 8 spots left

http://www.meetup.com/BitcoinWednesday/events/222357855/?src=meet&cmp=mail-02-10-2015&cnt=now
Yeah, full audience!
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:17:49 PM

Never follow somebody else's path, it doesn't work the same way twice for anyone. The path follows you and rolls up behind you as you walk,
forcing the next person to find their own way.

And then you have those people who are so clearly and utterly lost that even providing them with Google Maps would not help them find their own way,
you will often see them end up trolling in the Dash Forum. 

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Jestah

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:18:20 PM

.....aaaand you care because...?  

Adam, that post sounded completely like sour grapes buddy.  People make mistakes, and quite frankly if Evan did gain some dough, he deserves it.
Pages: « 1 ... 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 [5234] 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: