Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:24:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 [5334] 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
YourMother
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 04:39:42 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 05:02:24 AM by YourMother

https://youtu.be/wIvcQIdSbIY?t=546

Some people just don't get that these types of questions are only the beginning.
Evan could go to Fintech Cuba, Mugamba and San Pedro Sula and his conferences would still be rendered null and void. You could give fancy powerpoint presentation throughout the whole world, but if someone puts this question at the end of each one of them, you can bet your ass that nobody would buy your cryptocurrency after.

The last impression at every conference would be Evan Duffield turning into a red crab out of shame for his past actions and the ridiculousness of this launch. It's never late to turn into a hero and just restart the whole god damn thing (13.5M marketcap).

Imagine the press you would get after doing a thing like this. If you don't plan on doing it, then it is very possible that Dash will keep on tanking and having all of its features implemented in Bitcoin or cloned in other fair launches. You had a 1 year of biases removed when you re-branded the coin. Now it's the perfect time to remove the 2 year "bias" regarding the launch.

Ha, Duffsplanation IRL.  "Well the giant instamine of millions of coins was like this thing, where stuff happened, but you know, I was in a hurry, because Dash is sooo coool."

His grating voice quivers with slimy dishonesty and sniveling prevarication.  The hesitant, grasping tone does not project or engender confidence.  Even if he's not a scammer, he sure as hell sounds like one.  Any jury would decide he's guilty immediately after the first syllable spoken in that scumbag used car salesman accent.

Maybe the community should relaunch Dash without an instamine.

What should we call it?  Darkcoin2 or Darkcoin+?  How about XCoin Pro?

Detergent++

... I will not give a damn how much Dash Evan has, because I will be too busy counting my profits, which will be through the roof. With less inflation down the pipe, I might add.

Of course, you will be wealthy enough to not give a shit if this project was built on deceit, scam and exploitation. The sole reason you are still here is to make money, now i get it. Until then, i suppose that you will be here to protect Evan and your circle of corrupt friends, versatile scam defenders from the outside legitimate attacks.  

The absolute worst people in history, ranked by the wisdom of the crowd: "Vlad the Impaler", "Mihnea the Evil", "Ivan the Terrible" and "Evan the Instaminer".
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:56:03 AM

Litecoin wasn't that "evenly" distributed, as the first day had its own instamine.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#litecoin

"Despite being Bitcoin's supposed silver to it's gold, Litecoin does not escape from this analysis kindly. In the first 96 hours, we see a well defined curve that demonstrates instamining occurred, showing 450,000 LTC being created in less than 6 hours."

No wonder dash had the same issue at the start, as it was based on LTC code, but with a spin regarding hash type and diff. adjustment.

After all this time and all I've learned, I have come to the realization that it doesn't matter one hoot how the coins or tokens or whatever were or are distributed.  In the scheme of things, it's all one huge pre-mine.  How many people are in the crypto space all together?  10,000 tops?  I doubt it's anywhere close to that. 

No, none of these coins have good distribution.  None of them.  What we have are a bunch of competing projects, where either you make your project's tokens worth something or they disappear.  IF the project finds a way to be useful, then the tokens will cease to be speculative.

And the tokens will be sold off over time to a wider and wider audience.  And it will be an identical path for all cryptos.  This crying over distribution is stupid and will not effect the growth of the coin that actually solves the problems facing crypto currency today.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:17:06 AM

LOL - this is the funniest damn thing I've read in a while.......

TAKE A HUGE STEP BACK - AND - LETS REALLY LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE HERE !!!!!

- YOU hit the nail on the head Tante.......

A hand full of people - shit kick'n it around - bitch'n and fight'n in this tiny little ATL-town......

....and the story continues....

[local trail boss]
Big city Bitcoin is just down the way but it'll take ya an hour or so ta get there....

[DASH investor]
No - I'm okay -
I hear that DASH might be heading out west soon - any word?

[local trail boss]
I hear tell - uh....
well - I hear things from time to time
I over-heard one of them say that they're work'n on something big but it's gonna be a few... takes time...

[DASH investor]
How so?

[local trail boss]
Well - the way I see it - uh...

((enter))
[MONERO investor]
HELLO!!! Gentlemen - Good day to you...

{from each ->>> good-day

[MONERO investor]
How is DASH today? DASH investor ..... pfft.... Insta-mined much?

[DASH investor]
NOW look here MONERO investor, that story has been told time and time again.

[MONERO investor]
AND - we're gonna keep tell'n it....

[DASH investor]
The community decided a long-time ago that there was no need to re-boot the block-chain....

[MONERO investor]
It does not matter DASH investor...
...We shall tell the story enough so that - enough people will know and believe the story - lol - HELL, the history.....
It's all about the numbers - GOOD DAY Gentlemen !!!
((exit))

[DASH investor]
....SORRY.... you weren't around....
---  at the time...

[local trail boss]
? what can ya do ?

[DASH investor]
Keep plugging away.... what else can we do? right?

It's not like you can ask for help when your trying to over-run the entire World Banking and Federal Reserve System(s)
- They kinda laugh at you......

Touche' Monero scum.....

DODGE THIS ----------------------->

While DASH is EVO'ing
....can YOU please BE
 - - more CREATIVE too??

msg's

..fiju:ok;-,ku

I still wanna know how local trail boss "sees it", before he got so rudely interrupted by Monero investor  Huh

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:24:02 AM

some brainfood : http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-price-hits-280-as-rally-continues/

While pundits cannot agree on the cause of the rise, its clear that the majority of volume is coming from Chinese bitcoin exchanges.
According to data from Bitcoinity, in the past 24 hours, 37.81% of trading volume occurred on Huobi, with 35.94% occurring on OKCoin, this was followed
by 7.3% on BTCC and 4.74% on Bitstamp. Over the past 30 days, 41.83% of trades took place on OkCoin, 36.28% were on Huobi and 4.44% were on BTCC.

At the time of press, the bitcoin price was $279.05.

Its good to know Dash has a strong focus on China

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 07:32:58 AM

Thank you Evan, answering FUD with quality words!

now you see when main Dev answers you a question... with such an answer that you and rest of crypto FUDers can only say wtf ? Smiley

welcome to DASH, the future of crypto

FUD is what powers Dash. I've gotten a bunch of ideas from it including the one about the masternode network being an active force to deflect attack. Keep it coming people  Wink

BUMP - ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Evan is watching
and
trolls never learn

mangled my bro how you doing Cheesy

nobody but you re-bumped or quoted this, because truth hurts...

evan is like Alien, learning stuff on go thanks to ours poorly FUDers

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:55:48 AM

I think it just went over 290 on Bitstamp. 350 is escape velocity.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 08:08:26 AM

Anyone know the ETA for the Evolution release?

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:15:15 AM

In phases over the next 18 months.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 08:29:37 AM

In phases over the next 18 months.

Is there aa development  road map?

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:35:51 AM

More details about Evolution should be available at the Miami Bitcoin Event 21-22 of January 2016
when Dash is holding a presentation there..

Dash Evolution Demonstration / Phase III
https://dashtalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-19-2015.6429/
We will demonstrate what our new technology is about, how it works and why it’s a huge leap ahead of anything else that exists presently.

till then its just hanging in there, trying to absorb as many hints that get leaked as possible.

dazbarlby

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:52:38 AM

More details about Evolution should be available at the Miami Bitcoin Event 21-22 of January 2016

We will demonstrate what our new technology is about, how it works and why it’s a huge leap ahead of anything else that exists presently.

till then its just hanging in there, trying to absorb as many hints that get leaked as possible.

Do you know if this event will be streamed live?

If it is, I think it would be a good idea to stream it to China through a Chinese interpretor, which we could fund through the block chain.

Looking at the Chinese BTC volume I'm sure there will be massive interest in DASH.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:56:14 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 10:06:16 AM by qwizzie

If it is, I think it would be a good idea to stream it to China through a Chinese interpretor, which we could fund through the block chain.

Looking at the Chinese BTC volume I'm sure there will be massive interest in DASH.

I think thats an excellent idea, maybe Tungfa can arrange something in that area.

A lot of smartphones have excellent HD recording / streaming qualities these days, maybe we could keep
things in our own hands this time.  

Edit : i wouldn't be surprised if coindesk made a live stream of that event, its a rather big event for them too but it would be nice to keep things
under our own control.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:10:47 AM

Bear in mind that most of that volume is inflated due to no trading fees (e.g. people trading with themselves to create artificial volume).

Also, another cryptsy topic on reddit -> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3q2d9r/cryptsy_is_scammers/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 10:14:22 AM

I'm pretty disappointed in Evan and his explanation of Dash's instamine. In the last Fintech he said that bias can be a powerful thing, which is why he changed the name from Darkcoin to Dash. Well, i'd say that having an instamine caused by a "bug" during the time where almost every shitcoin developer was doing shady things to the code in order to get unfairly rewarded, is a more powerful bias than having the former name attached to your project.

I'm afraid that at this point we are talking about "decentralized governance" where more than 51% of the voting/rewarding power is being owned by 2 people, Otoh and Evan. If i recall correctly, Otoh admitted on having 500 masternodes not too long ago, and although the chances of owning even more are pretty high, if we take 500 masternodes and calculate the profit, we would see that those alone are giving birth to 1 masternode every 4 days. We are talking about 100 masternodes being generated every 1.1 years just by 1 guy.

Evan had and still has all the time in the world to restart the blockchain and continue with this innovation the right way, but instead he keeps reminding us how big is his share at this point, otherwise he would have no reasons not do do it.

I'm not saying that the team should work for free, even though Satoshi showed you that the opposite can be possible, without having to rely on IPO/Crowdsale/Premines, but you could've been more upfront with the method of gaining funds in the beginning. Probably the best way would've been to have a development salary proposed every month and have people agree with it via voting. Unfortunately, the idea came too late.

I'm also surprised at the fact that it took almost 1 year for the bubble to deflate. Otoh mentioned countless of times in here that he started manipulating Dash's price since last year when the price was somewhere between 600 and 700k. Sometimes i feel like the delusion is so high in here that the deflation happened because these guys were dumping their masternode revenues and not because of the people realizing that they were holding over-inflated priced coins.

Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.  The Duffplanation-loving DashHoles aren't going to be happy with you!   Tongue

Combined with vertoe's 'fuck this fishy, untransparent, centralized golden donkey pyramid scheme' post, a very nasty picture of what Dash is really about is emerging.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dazbarlby

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:16:07 AM

I think thats an excellent idea, maybe Tungfa can arrange something in that area.

A lot of smartphones have excellent HD recording / streaming qualities these days, maybe we could keep
things in our own hands this time.  

Edit : i wouldn't be surprised if coindesk made a live stream of that event, its a rather big event for them too but it would be nice to keep things
under our own control.

I'm no expert but I'm guessing all we need is a radio lapel mic for Evan, a number of mics for the interpretors (Chinese Russian, Spanish (Brasil) etc) a small mixer to mix the mics, a decent HD camera or smartphone with good HD camera and a good wifi connection to steam it to youtube's live stream service.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 10:21:17 AM

Do we really have to play this game over and over again?  The Dash team are the most up and up in all of crypto.  The only difference between Bitcoin's developers who are out in the open and Dash developers who are also out in the open, is that Dash actually has a talented crew.

I kindly suggest Evan to submit his Evolution Whitepaper to Ledger, so we can see if the DASH team is really talented, or it's all air they are selling.

I'm sure Evan will get right on that.  Right after he submits for peer review articles on InstantX and DarkSend and X11.

Anonymint, Evan Scamfield, and Peter_R should start a journal just for reviewing closed-source shitcoins.  They can call it Charlatan.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 10:29:38 AM

Just been catching up with this thread, I see trolling is in overdrive again. Unlike some people I never block the trolls but at times it is very laborious going through that rubbish. I wonder if the monero forum is full of dash trolls ?

So you say Dash is a scam and instamined. Am I to believe you are here day after day out of the goodness of your hearts to save us from the scam?

I take the trolling as a kind of contrarian indicator, the more trolling the better the coin. Trolls wouldn't waste time on a coin which is doomed.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:11:16 PM

So you say Dash is a scam and instamined. Am I to believe you are here day after day out of the goodness of your hearts to save us from the scam?

If they really were interested in busting scammers why aren't they going after bobsurplus et al. Because they're coattail riders with little brother syndrome and lately seem to be afraid Dash might now solve scalability as well with its Evolution in addition to instant transactions while being angry their own devs can't promise a GUI before the next summer.

Also, all cryptos are instamined and the distribution extremely "unfair" in the big picture. Or why do you think banks are interested in "blockchain technology" but not in Bitcoin?

Disclaimer: I don't hate Monero at all, if it seems I'm taking digs at it it's just to piss off the already steaming trolleros (a term reserved to a very few special specimen) even more.  Cool
dashwhale

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 12:17:59 PM

Nextpay & enhanced privacy

Trying to guess, when your masternode is going to be paid is a pain. To fix this, we are happy to introduce the new "Nextpay" status. It's a simple bar allowing you to evaluate at a glance, when next payment occurs. The bar switches to green, when your masternode reached a payment queue rank within the top 10% of all masternodes, indicating that your node can now randomly be selected for a payment anytime.

Registering a Dashwhale account does not require to enter an email address anymore. Simply choose a username and a password and you are done. Existing users can delete the email address from their account settings. Password reset function is of course only possible with a set account email.

Screenshot of the Nextpay feature (maybe somebody want's to post this on my behalf):
https://www.dashwhale.org/downloads/dw_screenshot10.png

http://www.dashwhale.org

Best,
Rango

P.S. Thanks to Moocowmoo, for revealing and explaining the technical background from the DASH sourcecode.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:33:43 PM

Registering a Dashwhale account does not require to enter an email address anymore. Simply choose a username and a password and you are done.

LoL !  Rango's been reading the thread posts and reacted instantly - now doesn't require email addresses any more. Fantastic work.

What happens now with the advisories though - are they still supported if we supply an email address ?
Pages: « 1 ... 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 [5334] 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: