Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:52:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 [5421] 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722552 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 07:04:51 PM

Did we just discover the fatal flaw in Madoffield's brilliant Ponzi-node scheme?

No, we discovered the fatal flaw in your underpants where your brains are spilling out.

It's working exactly as expected.
Salkenex

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 07:09:33 PM

I'm officially done with Cryptsy. I made my weekly BTC purchase and conversion to DASH but this time it took almost 3 hours before they sent my coin to my wallet. Typically something that takes a few seconds to at most a couple of minutes.

I'm a small insignificant crypto holder so me quitting Cryptsy doesn't mean much to them...at least until there are 1000's of me or more. At the rate they are going, it won't be long before all the little guys like me stop using them and they are done. And clearly, given what they've done to Otoh and his public accounting of horrendous service will only make the numbers grow of both small and large investors leaving.

I'm pretty sure that the mass exodus they've been experiencing has been loud and clear.  It looks like Poloniex is the biggest exchange now.  We seriously need a decentralized exchange.  I feel like we could have that much sooner if developers would give up on the idea of fiat to crypto, leave that to a market place like Open Bazaar, and focus only on crypto to crypto exchanges.

And Poloniex is exactly where I went. Deposited my BTC, cleared in a matter of minutes (as expected based on BTC confirmation speed), put my order up, it filled in about 30 minutes, withdrew my DASH and it cleared and hit my wallet in a matter of less than a minute (as expected).  Can't ask for things to work as they should any better than that.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 08:27:09 PM

I do see your point, and I definitely agree to an extent. You're likely familiar with the following article, or at least the principles behind it, but I'll post it anyway: https://medium.com/message/everything-is-broken-81e5f33a24e1

I think I may have come across that article before, but reading it again was well worth it -- it's spot-on about pretty much everything!  Thanks a lot for sharing.

Wow, thank you.  Every sentence was worth reading.  What a balanced article.  I liked this at the end:

"The problem with the normals and tech is the same as the problem with the normals and politics, or society in general. People believe they are powerless and alone, but the only thing that keeps people powerless and alone is that same belief. People, working together, are immensely and terrifyingly powerful."

Thank you again Smiley

Thanks all! I like it so much that I keep it bookmarked for future reference.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Triptolemoose

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 09:32:54 PM

I'm officially done with Cryptsy. I made my weekly BTC purchase and conversion to DASH but this time it took almost 3 hours before they sent my coin to my wallet. Typically something that takes a few seconds to at most a couple of minutes.

I'm a small insignificant crypto holder so me quitting Cryptsy doesn't mean much to them...at least until there are 1000's of me or more. At the rate they are going, it won't be long before all the little guys like me stop using them and they are done. And clearly, given what they've done to Otoh and his public accounting of horrendous service will only make the numbers grow of both small and large investors leaving.

I'm pretty sure that the mass exodus they've been experiencing has been loud and clear.  It looks like Poloniex is the biggest exchange now.  We seriously need a decentralized exchange.  I feel like we could have that much sooner if developers would give up on the idea of fiat to crypto, leave that to a market place like Open Bazaar, and focus only on crypto to crypto exchanges.

And Poloniex is exactly where I went. Deposited my BTC, cleared in a matter of minutes (as expected based on BTC confirmation speed), put my order up, it filled in about 30 minutes, withdrew my DASH and it cleared and hit my wallet in a matter of less than a minute (as expected).  Can't ask for things to work as they should any better than that.

+1 for Poloniex! With Cryptsy we were sometimes waiting ages for BTC and Dash deposits to clear (even well after they have fully confirmed).

+ If you verify and send a message to support, they seem to unlock your account to enable lightning quick deposits and withdrawals. BTC deposits hit your account and are ready to trade with only 1 confirmation!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:42:13 PM

I agree with everything above, but even a person with a lower IQ can probably start a hotdog stand and even make a living if it were allowed to be kept simple.  I think there would be more happily employed people in the world if the guvment weren't there with red tape.  It's too complex.  I'm one of those people who can't deal with taxes.  It should be easy but all those damn options and legalese.... WTF do they want in that block?  Geepers, and every citizen has to deal with that crap.  My aunt, she loves the stuff, but she also takes a class every year to keep up with it.  With me, I just shut down.  I can't deal man, ugh!  I wonder how other people deal with it every year.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 10:42:20 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2015, 11:36:36 PM by Solarminer

I agree with everything above, but even a person with a lower IQ can probably start a hotdog stand and even make a living if it were allowed to be kept simple.  I think there would be more happily employed people in the world if the guvment weren't there with red tape.  It's too complex.  I'm one of those people who can't deal with taxes.  It should be easy but all those damn options and legalese.... WTF do they want in that block?  Geepers, and every citizen has to deal with that crap.  My aunt, she loves the stuff, but she also takes a class every year to keep up with it.  With me, I just shut down.  I can't deal man, ugh!  I wonder how other people deal with it every year.
IQ does not necessarily determine getting a job, just that the highest paid are usually higher IQ.  A higher IQ individual may take out a loan for 10 hotdog stands and pay others to run them.  Maybe he expands to run a restaurant, then restaurant chain that accepts Dash, then wallah now he is in the money.  The lower IQ guy running a hotdog stand may be happy where he is and not want any stress of managing anything else.  The two individuals just have a different way of thinking.  I think a lot of people would be better off learning how to run a hotdog stand with managing expenses, inventory, sales, and advertising than any of the economics classes taught in school.

TurboTax is your friend...Federal is free if you have a simple return.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:10:45 AM

LOL, you mean Dash's *100% self-imposed* SEO challenges.  Brilliant move, rebrand to from a unique name like Dark-coin to a generic one, then spend even more money trying to dig out of the hole of brand obscurity.

In a real company, Duffield's floundering, expensive antics would have gotten him fired months ago.  In terms of share price, the market has been voting for a change of senior management since the moment the rebrand went into effect (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/#charts).

Actually, it is a brilliant move, which is why you're still here begging us to dump what is one of the most innovative and valuable assets on the cryptocurrency market.

I don't need to beg because the market is already dumping DASH (-8%) of its own free will.

On Nov 4th, the market in its wisdom dumped 54,000 D EmbarrassedSH.

If that many were dumped today, it would take the price down to a few Satoshis.

Right now, dumping just 10 masternodes will make the the 11th only worth 0.1 BTC.

That's what happens when there's only 48 BTC of total bids.

There are 2.7k coins in the lending market available for dumping, so only 7 masternode owners have a chance to avoid a total loss.

3500 masternodes, but only enough bids to liquidate 7 for more than a sprinkling of BTC dust!
   Undecided

This situation may get ugly and melt down very quickly.  When only 7/3500 can get out alive, it's going to be a bloodbath.

Does anyone know what the highest the bid order book got?

And the lowest? Did Dash hit the lowest bid order book depth in the last few weeks?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:41:50 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 12:25:33 AM by mprep

good read:
http://commonstransition.org/how-platform-coops-can-beat-death-stars-like-uber-to-create-a-real-sharing-economy/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 01:02:02 AM

The order book does give some information, but at the end of the day volume is much more important.

Props: He's trolling.

He was trying to get you to quote his subject line and you duly oblidged  Wink

Even tungfa fell for it.

Props is discussing Dash and in particular the relative importance of its order book vs volume.

That's on-topic.

You are derailing the thread with speculation and accusations about people's motives.

That's off-topic and flame bait.

Please stop or you will be asked to leave the thread.

Props, volume is just noise.  There's no way to know if it's one bot trading with itself; it can be faked and only provides context for price movements.

Those price movements are constrained by the order book, so bids are of the utmost importance.

Bids on Craptsy are probably spoofed using imaginary Bitcoin like MtGox did, to drive the price up.

Bids on Polo are real, and they are evaporating.  That puts DASH in danger of suffering massive technical damage due to only very minor (~7 masternodes) worth of volume.

The first 7 masternode owners to liquidate can still get at least 0.1 BTC for their 1000 Dash.  The other 3493 masternodes would then be worthless, due to lack of buyers.

Dash  Cry

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:07:36 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 10:50:45 PM by toknormal

witless wittering worzel

Are you the new thread scarecrow ?

We're a bit short on straw round here but you may not need it judging by that logic.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:22:15 AM

The order book does give some information, but at the end of the day volume is much more important.

Props: He's trolling.

He was trying to get you to quote his subject line and you duly oblidged  Wink

Even tungfa fell for it.

Props is discussing Dash and in particular the relative importance of its order book vs volume.

That's on-topic.

You are derailing the thread with speculation and accusations about people's motives.

That's off-topic and flame bait.

Please stop or you will be asked to leave the thread.

Props, volume is just noise.  There's no way to know if it's one bot trading with itself; it can be faked and only provides context for price movements.

Those price movements are constrained by the order book, so bids are of the utmost importance.

Bids on Craptsy are probably spoofed using imaginary Bitcoin like MtGox did, to drive the price up.

Bids on Polo are real, and they are evaporating.  That puts DASH in danger of suffering massive technical damage due to only very minor (~7 masternodes) worth of volume.

The first 7 masternode owners to liquidate can still get at least 0.1 BTC for their 1000 Dash.  The other 3493 masternodes would then be worthless, due to lack of buyers.

Dash  Cry

Wasn't there a point in time that people who supported Dash were bragging about how Dash was listed on Cryptsy and XMR wasn't?

Now it seems the money flow is flying away from the supposed "great" exchange crypsty was once touted as.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:27:34 AM

LOL, you mean Dash's *100% self-imposed* SEO challenges.  Brilliant move, rebrand to from a unique name like Dark-coin to a generic one, then spend even more money trying to dig out of the hole of brand obscurity.

In a real company, Duffield's floundering, expensive antics would have gotten him fired months ago.  In terms of share price, the market has been voting for a change of senior management since the moment the rebrand went into effect (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/#charts).

Actually, it is a brilliant move, which is why you're still here begging us to dump what is one of the most innovative and valuable assets on the cryptocurrency market.

I don't need to beg because the market is already dumping DASH (-8%) of its own free will.

On Nov 4th, the market in its wisdom dumped 54,000 D EmbarrassedSH.

If that many were dumped today, it would take the price down to a few Satoshis.

Right now, dumping just 10 masternodes will make the the 11th only worth 0.1 BTC.

That's what happens when there's only 48 BTC of total bids.

There are 2.7k coins in the lending market available for dumping, so only 7 masternode owners have a chance to avoid a total loss.

3500 masternodes, but only enough bids to liquidate 7 for more than a sprinkling of BTC dust!
   Undecided

This situation may get ugly and melt down very quickly.  When only 7/3500 can get out alive, it's going to be a bloodbath.

Does anyone know what the highest the bid order book got?

And the lowest? Did Dash hit the lowest bid order book depth in the last few weeks?

Yes the order book is pretty low, but the volume is pretty average.

Now, if all you want to do is point out one aspect of what something is worth, you won't have the full picture and your opinion will be dead wrong.  You have to look at the full picture as a whole.

If all we looked at was the order book some of these coins, you could say they are very healthy, but when looking at volume, there are basically zero trades happening.

So this is why the order book doesn't tell much and why volume tells much more.

I agree Volume of Dash is important but it isn't the only metric.

I was curious if recently the bid depth book was the lowest in a long time.

That was pretty much what I was getting at.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 01:29:08 AM

You know, I used to say that you were good at what you do, but I may have to rethink that after this statement. You may want to go back the drawing board, because this is just destroying what little credibility you had left. If this scenario happened, it would be the opportunity of a lifetime. I would scare up all of my credit cards, credit lines, take out a second mortgage and throw it all to the dumpers. I would grab all of the Dash that people could throw at me, and laugh all the way to the bank.

I'm betting on the people behind this project, including myself. We are going to succeed, and the hypothetical scenario you described would be a bump in the road, and in no way would affect this project going forward save for less money to spend on the DGBB. The current price is meaningless, the future is what matters and the people involved.

Please stop embarassing yourself. My goodness.

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:36:41 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 12:32:43 PM by tungfa

Any Spaniards here ?

Olla Amigos
 Wink
DASH BUSCA POSICIONARSE COMO COMPETIDOR DIRECTO A Bitcoin
http://bitcoinnewses.com/bitcoinespanol/dash-busca-posicionarse-como-competidor-directo-bitcoin/

+
LABITCONF TOMARA LUGAR EN CIUDAD DE MEXICO
http://bitcoinnewses.com/bitcoinespanol/labitconf-tomara-lugar-en-ciudad-de-mexico/

raico

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:39:02 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 02:12:26 AM by raico

Quote from: DrkLvr_
This user is currently ignored.

Quote from: smoothie

Quote from: iCEBREAKER

Quote from: TheDasher

As a Chinese Crypto Invester, I just want you guys know that your action is not only your own disgusting with such a low-level trolling, but also the reflection of your spirit of the ontology.

Dash
All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency, at the present~
All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash, in the end~
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 02:18:18 AM

nice

*!*!*!*HUGS*!*!*!*!*
all around !

i think that is what we should do
help these little trolls
give them a hug once in a while
help them over their anger and pain

it is tough out there
we all know it
some take it better , others do not
 Wink
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 02:51:34 AM

nice

*!*!*!*HUGS*!*!*!*!*
all around !

i think that is what we should do
help these little trolls
give them a hug once in a while
help them over their anger and pain

it is tough out there
we all know it
some take it better , others do not
 Wink

I agree.... I'm reaching out to give everyone hugs too!   It's hug a troll month.  Thanks guys for keeping our page count up and keeping us top of mind!  DASH is not only our communities favourite crypto... It's also icebreaker,  smoothie, dasher and DRKlvr_/Adam White too!  Cool

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 02:56:46 AM

Quote from: DrkLvr_

Quote from: smoothie

Quote from: iCEBREAKER

Quote from: TheDasher

As a Chinese Crypto Invester, I just want you guys know that your action is not only your own disgusting with such a low-level trolling, but also the reflection of your spirit of the ontology.

"If someone sends you a message to inform you that he doesn't care about what you think, he cares a lot about what you think."  - Nassim Taleb

Can you translate this into Chinese?  I know you guys love a nice pithy Confucius-say type aphorism!   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:21:36 AM

In case you missed it:

"Como parte de la promoción con Dash, les ofrecemos un Link a continuación donde podrán recibir 0.5 Dash completamente gratis. ¿Qué esperas?"

Translation:  Free DASH!  What are you waiting for?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:46:39 AM

The live Polo market shows a mere 0.2% reduction/liquidation in masternodes would drop the value of 1000 Dashcoin to 0.1 BTC.

1000 coins for 0.1 BTC? Sounds too good to be true. Please make it so.  Cheesy

But please make it so on Bittrex and not on that KYC/ALM Poloniex though. Thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 [5421] 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: