Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:53:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 [5425] 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:07:15 AM

I need help with masternodes and other features, if possible.
Check the PM Wink
I have, but I want more communication. Check your PM again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:03:02 AM

Check the PM Wink
I have, but I want more communication. Check your PM again.

more communication ?
see us on dash talk.org
or the chat groups
 Wink
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:55:57 AM

...to the best of my knowledge, none of the people who profited from early optimized Monero mining had anything to do with crippling the code in the first place.

A coin gets launched that has your crippled mining code in it that you've carefully planned to give you an advantage and then you're not going to take that advantage? Yeah right..
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:11:29 AM

...to the best of my knowledge, none of the people who profited from early optimized Monero mining had anything to do with crippling the code in the first place.

A coin gets launched that has your crippled mining code in it that you've carefully planned to give you an advantage and then you're not going to take that advantage? Yeah right..

Lol, Monero wasn´t launched by the monero team. It didn´t have "our" crippled code in it, the project was taken over by the community in this very same forum after a few weeks and since then improved.
We fixed it. And looks like the only one with an advantage was DGA who´s not affiliated with anyone at all and mined pretty much everything from Primecoin to XMR because he´s a clever ass dude.

DASH pow code is still crippled, but Evan doesn´t care about low level optimizations as he can´t use it for marketing hype i guess.

There were faster XMR miners? Yes. So there was faster BTC/LTC/DRK/PRIMECOIN etc. miners the whole time, it´s a natural transition...Miners get always optimized if it´s worth it.

Feel free to make up even more bullshit lies, makes you look even more scammy as you already look!

bandidorl

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:31:55 AM

If you find this useful, below is my ignore list, you can read this thread without all the trolling and deliberate misinformation.

Troll list:

Anon136
smooth
iCEBREAKER
smoothie
imbladednow
dnaleor
binaryFate
gross
tampazeus
rangedriver
tokyoghetto
dewdeded
dreamspark
arielbit
benthach
chesthing
g4q34g4qg47ww
BoscoMurray
AdamWhite
nzminer
s1gs3gv
newb4now
Polycoin
Joshuar
othe
GTO911
tinaken_v
mrkavasaki
YourMother
PoS
AnonCoinTwitter
LucyLovesCrypto
Marica420
generalizethis
logictense
rudolfaxl
kazuki49
G2M
glorg44
Cryptopia Exchange
Tash
qvan
TheDasher
Dashcoin99
Swandeli
Victorious2
Anonvobe
dashgrimreaper
Greede
Johnny Bravo
AndJusticeForSome
b1007
sammycrypto
Cryptogenius
MasterscamBlinding
MarleysGhost
Gillette
8XMR
XMRpromotions
boolberry
DrkLvr_
unavoidabledump
MyMother

Copy/paste in your user options to be able to enjoy this thread in the future
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:44:42 AM

[...]

Feel free to make up even more bullshit lies, makes you look even more scammy as you already look!

Woah... instead of throwing everything and anything in the kitchen sink at me why don't you point out where I was lying?

Or is it a matter of confusion caused by me using generic you?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:08:00 AM

The Monero Sect

Better add at least a few hundred members of a certain US government agency to that list for good measure  Wink

cryptonewb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:05:15 PM

I am a bit out of the loop.

Is there any news on the Evolution front? Any details about how the mixing without masternodes will be implemented?
Any news on which other improvements Evolution will bring?

Still not bought a full masternode. It seems the price is a bit weak :/ (I lost 0.6 BTC on my 200 DASH)
I want to wait a bit until Evolution is implemented I think.  
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:06:45 PM

I am a bit out of the loop.

Is there any news on the Evolution front? Any details about how the mixing without masternodes will be implemented?
Any news on which other improvements Evolution will bring?

Still not bought a full masternode. It seems the price is a bit weak :/ (I lost 0.6 BTC on my 200 DASH)
I want to wait a bit until Evolution is implemented I think.  

Um, masternodes will always do the mixing.  Only now they will do it in quorums.

So it used to be that one masternode would be chosen to mix funds, and the result would be "one round" of mixing.  The user would then mix a multiple of times to ensure that their information (ip address or tracking of which funds went where) could be logged and followed by corroborating MNs.  The chances that a single malicious entity could own enough MNs to be successful became exponentially more difficult with each round.

With the new quorum system, mixing can happen instantly with many rounds.  The MNs are also even more randomly chosen as a group as the group will always consist of MNs that belong to (at the moment) one of 4 age groups.  They are first assigned an age group.  1/4 of the oldest MNs (according to when the funds were first placed into the account), then the next oldest, next oldest, and finally newest.  From each of these groups, a selection of nodes closest to a hash are selected (based upon that same input hash).  So there is a random hash that chooses the group of MNs and a mix of ages in each quorum.  Lets say 2 in each age group and 8 in each quorum.

So now in an infinitely impossible to manipulate quorum of 8 nodes, you can be certain that they will do their work securely, or the quorum's work will be rejected.  Every block, we have MN-count/8 quorums.  These quorums can do a certain amount of work each second.  They are quick, as only 8 have to talk to one another as a group.  They quickly go through all the transactions sent to them and approve/reject transactions.  This is somehow sent to the miners who include everything in the blockchain.  If the miner doesn't do it properly, the whole block is rejected.  Thus, eliminating the so called 50% attack vector.

I'm guessing here, but I can see the mixing simply going from one of these masternodes to another, ultimately allowing for many rounds in milliseconds.  There is no time constraint like waiting for a block.  The MNs do all the work, and simply send them to the miners for inclusion.  

And as far as transactions go, Evan said every transaction will now be instantX transactions, approved by one of the quorums.  Again, miners will have no say as to what is included in the blockchain.  If they include something that was not approved, it would be rejected.  Only their hash will be used to select the quorums.  I don't know which hash, it might be the next one, it might be a random one on the chain?? The latter might make sense as we would have to (at this time) have 400+ hashes to put each MN to work (or select nearest to farthest from a single hash?)

Thus, we can already compete quite well against big money transmitters such as Visa, MC, etc...  The capacity is limitless.

Another thing that is being developed is the Distributed Applications Programming Layer, DAPI.  This DAPI will hook into the Masternode Network, and people will be able to create applications that can query the network.  So, at the most basic level, no wallet needs to download gigabytes of blockchain.  The MNs, miners and anyone who wants to keep a full copy of the blockchain, stores a copy, and with thousands of MNs, the blockchain is very well distributed. So, they can serve up the necessary information thus all wallets can act as mobile wallets without worry of having incorrect information due to a central point of failure currently a risk in mobile wallets.

This, or at least the foundation for this should be ready by the TNABC in January, where Evan will be presenting.  We should also hear more in about 2 weeks when Evan will be presenting at the laBITconf.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:22:03 PM

I'm guessing here, but I can see the mixing simply going from one of these masternodes to another, ultimately allowing for many rounds in milliseconds.  There is no time constraint like waiting for a block.  The MNs do all the work, and simply send them to the miners for inclusion.  

This is a great point and I think you're on to something, but that alone doesn't allow Darksend to be instant. You would still have the problem of waiting for funds to mix with. I think Evan must have something planned that's way outside the box!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:28:13 PM

This is a great point and I think you're on to something, but that alone doesn't allow Darksend to be instant. You would still have the problem of waiting for funds to mix with. I think Evan must have something planned that's way outside the box!

That's true.  Hummm.  Still, you can see it can work Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:42:17 PM

I'm loving these last few pages. Vitalik is finding out that anybody who dares speak a negative word about Monero gets immediately flamed by all the Monero shills and trolls.

Two points:

a) It's becoming obvious that the Monero trolls live in a glass house. Monero had its own issuance problems, with one guy receiving between 50% and 90% of all the coins in the first three months. Is it the current Monero team's fault? No, probably not. They inherited the broken miner and fixed it as soon as they were able. Did it ultimately affect the early distribution of the coin? Yes.

This does not bother me personally. Mistakes happen, and as long as they are corrected as quickly as possible, I'm fine with it. But by the standards that Icebreaker, AdamWhite, TheDasher, and others pro-Monero trolls use, then Monero is a scam coin. These gentlemen (or ladies) believe that Dash is a scam because of an "unfair" and "unequal" initial distribution. If that's the definition of "scam," then Monero is a scam as well.

b) The trolling is spreading, and it's severely discrediting Monero. I realize that the Monero community has no control over what these trolls do in their name, but people outside of Dash are now being personally attacked by trolls who purport to call themselves fans of Monero. I think this is a big mistake--it can only hurt Monero in the long run.

All you do is continue to twist facts. The crippled miner Monero inherited is not at all the same as an instamine scam where the dev says he's going to wait until tomorrow to launch then launches in 2 hours, then instamines 1.5 million Dashcoins in 8 hours and blames it on a bug, then lowers the emission drastically to make the instamine worth more. then says he's turning it into a POS coin which benefits his instamine even more.. then continues the deception and says there was no premine and omits the massive instamine..and so on and so on.. one lie after the next.

The bitcoin-dev mailing list proves Evan had a plan, and it's now obvious that the instamine was part of Evan's business plan.

Poor ddink, he tries so hard but he just continues to fail Sad

Dash Sad
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:58:23 PM

It's becoming obvious that the Monero trolls live in a glass house. Monero had its own issuance problems, with one guy receiving between 50% and 90% of all the coins in the first three months. Is it the current Monero team's fault? No, probably not. They inherited the broken miner and fixed it as soon as they were able. Did it ultimately affect the early distribution of the coin? Yes.

This does not bother me personally. Mistakes happen, and as long as they are corrected as quickly as possible, I'm fine with it. But by the standards that Icebreaker, AdamWhite, TheDasher, and others pro-Monero trolls use, then Monero is a scam coin. These gentlemen (or ladies) believe that Dash is a scam because of an "unfair" and "unequal" initial distribution. If that's the definition of "scam," then Monero is a scam as well.

The big difference between the XMR and DASH early distribution is that the DASH instamine was clearly planned by Evan, making the DASH instamine a scam.
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:05:24 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 09:15:13 PM by dnaleor

Um, masternodes will always do the mixing.  Only now they will do it in quorums.

this is new information...
This is a quote from Evan Duffield
"This system doesn't mix on masternodes at all. It's done on a protocol level.
And so, we actually don't like that we are mixing on masternodes and I wanted to remove that for a long time and I finally figuered out how to do it."

Does Evan even know what he was talking about in Amsterdam?
Is he really the coder or is he still paying his c++ devs with the instamined DASH?

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:20:56 PM

clearly

I don't know about you, but when I went to grad school they told me I had to provide evidence and documentation to support statements like this, but maybe you missed that day?

P.S. Here's a question that none of you trolls have ever been able to answer: If Evan "clearly" planned the early emission problems and mined tons of Dash early on, then why is he still working on the project? The price of Dash exceeded $11 each in May 2014...if Evan deliberately planned some elaborate scam, then why didn't he sell everything in May 2014 and just disappear, like so many other coin developers have done?

If Dash's instamine was a deliberate scam executed by Evan, WHY is he still working full time developing the coin?

Why?

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 06:27:31 PM

So it used to be that one masternode would be chosen to mix funds, and the result would be "one round" of mixing.  The user would then mix a multiple of times to ensure that their information (ip address or tracking of which funds went where) could be logged and followed by corroborating MNs.  The chances that a single malicious entity could own enough MNs to be successful became exponentially more difficult with each round.

With the new quorum system, mixing can happen instantly with many rounds.  The MNs are also even more randomly chosen as a group as the group will always consist of MNs that belong to (at the moment) one of 4 age groups.  They are first assigned an age group.  1/4 of the oldest MNs (according to when the funds were first placed into the account), then the next oldest, next oldest, and finally newest.  From each of these groups, a selection of nodes closest to a hash are selected (based upon that same input hash).  So there is a random hash that chooses the group of MNs and a mix of ages in each quorum.  Lets say 2 in each age group and 8 in each quorum.

So now in an infinitely impossible to manipulate quorum of 8 nodes, you can be certain that they will do their work securely, or the quorum's work will be rejected.  Every block, we have MN-count/8 quorums.  These quorums can do a certain amount of work each second.  They are quick, as only 8 have to talk to one another as a group.  They quickly go through all the transactions sent to them and approve/reject transactions.  This is somehow sent to the miners who include everything in the blockchain.  If the miner doesn't do it properly, the whole block is rejected.  Thus, eliminating the so called 50% attack vector.

And as far as transactions go, Evan said every transaction will now be instantX transactions, approved by one of the quorums.  Again, miners will have no say as to what is included in the blockchain.  If they include something that was not approved, it would be rejected.  Only their hash will be used to select the quorums.  I don't know which hash, it might be the next one, it might be a random one on the chain?? The latter might make sense as we would have to (at this time) have 400+ hashes to put each MN to work (or select nearest to farthest from a single hash?)

Thus, we can already compete quite well against big money transmitters such as Visa, MC, etc...  The capacity is limitless.

Another thing that is being developed is the Distributed Applications Programming Layer, DAPI.  This DAPI will hook into the Masternode Network, and people will be able to create applications that can query the network.  So, at the most basic level, no wallet needs to download gigabytes of blockchain.  The MNs, miners and anyone who wants to keep a full copy of the blockchain, stores a copy, and with thousands of MNs, the blockchain is very well distributed. So, they can serve up the necessary information thus all wallets can act as mobile wallets without worry of having incorrect information due to a central point of failure currently a risk in mobile wallets.

This, or at least the foundation for this should be ready by the TNABC in January, where Evan will be presenting.  We should also hear more in about 2 weeks when Evan will be presenting at the laBITconf.

I am in awe of your cryptanalysis skillz.

You should help Evan write the whitepaper(s) and get them submitted to Ledger.

I'm sure the community will be equally if not more impressed by these revolutionary breakthroughs in software engineering.

[/sarcasm]

"infinitely impossible to manipulate quorum of 8 nodes"

LOL, such comedy gold.  I literally just can't.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 06:37:45 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 07:00:25 PM by iCEBREAKER

It's becoming obvious that the Monero trolls live in a glass house. Monero had its own issuance problems, with one guy receiving between 50% and 90% of all the coins in the first three months. Is it the current Monero team's fault? No, probably not. They inherited the broken miner and fixed it as soon as they were able. Did it ultimately affect the early distribution of the coin? Yes.

The big difference between the XMR and DASH early distribution is that the DASH instamine was clearly planned by Evan, making the DASH instamine a scam.

Dash  Embarrassed

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:42:38 PM

So now mal-distribution launches are ok if the devs didn't mean it because you say so because you need an escape clause ?

Be advised that you, iCEBREAKER and the rest of your self-righteous cabal have succeeded in rubber stamping yourselves as some of the biggest charlatans in the crypto community.

Hoisted by your own petard.

I hope your fellow holders of the less toxic variety thank you for it when your marketcap starts developing sink holes the size of texas due to its flawed monetary model backstage audience, raped coin supply, mining bias at launch and faux ethics hysteria.
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 07:49:02 PM

Check here:  https://dashtalk.org/forums/masternode-guides.66/

Let us know if you have questions.

I really should add a section there too, but I'm very busy building version 0.2.

Repost:

Friendly reminder for newcomers. Wink

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman

From zero to dashd (or masternode) in 30 seconds.

(screenshot version is old, but you get the point)
dashman install

dashman status

and for voting...

dashman vote

stay tuned for version 0.2 -- remote management here we come!

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 07:50:46 PM

So now mal-distribution launches are ok if the devs didn't mean it because you say so because you need an escape clause ?

Be advised that you, iCEBREAKER and the rest of your self-righteous cabal have succeeded in rubber stamping yourselves as some of the biggest charlatans in the crypto community.

Hoisted by your own petard.

I hope your fellow holders of the less toxic variety thank you for it when your marketcap starts developing sink holes the size of texas due to its flawed monetary model, backstage audience, raped coin supply, mining bias at launch and faux ethics hysteria.

If you are so sure about that please take advantage of the 10s of 1000s of XMR available for borrowing at rates very close to zero, and short the hell out of it.

And by all means, continue to attack-the-attacker.  Nothing demonstrates Dash's lack of substance better than your cargo cult community's propensity to use tu quoque ad nauseam.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 [5425] 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: