Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:12:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 [5440] 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722552 times)
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:24:03 PM

I am doing a small experiment as I type in which a confirmation time for BTC (from Coinbase to Poloniex) was less than 15 minutes. DASH, at the other hand, sent from Wallet to Cryptsy, still does not reflect on my Cryptsy balance (nothing's even "pending"), despite 32 minutes since I sent it and 13 confirmations thus far.

I just deposited Dash at Cryptsy and it's working great.  InstantX means your coins show up in less than 60 seconds!  Cool, huh?   Cool

The same trolls who FUD Dash are the ones trying to spread rumors about Cryptsy.

Don't believe the FUD.  Cryptsy is perfectly fine.  Send all your Dash to Cryptsy and you can get rich by day trading!

The trolls just want to pump Trolloniex because that's where 99.999% of Trollero volume trades.

Don't let Trolloniex win!  Cryptsy has been good to Dash and we must support them in their hour of FUD.

Since when does server upgrades/fixes automatically equal bankruptcy. You're an idiot if that's your takeaway.

I have never had any problems with Cryptsy. People love spreading fear all around just for the sake of fun.

The market in general is so simple: loyalty = reputation - If you don't trust it, just don't deal with it.

Spreading fear is not the best of the practices, actually it's very disloyal. In the long run, FUD spreaders always loose in reputation.

Loose lips, sink ships.

This is how runs on banks start. Problems with servers is problems with servers.
You are wasting your time here. No-one cares or even reads what you say LEL
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 03:40:17 PM

Nice Move~!

Looking forword to the Andriod version.

Congrats from China~!

Sorry... But I didn't find a response to my earlier query... If there was/is a similar wallet available now for Android?

It's a different DASH wallet for Android, but it's also good enough:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet

As far as I know Breadwallet is iPhone only, it'd be nice to have a glitsy Android wallet too but hashengineerings one works well. Both might be old-hat soon enough anyway. DAPI, No need to download an app, just browse and go Wink

I. don't know what DAPI stands for or how that will effect the wallet. Please advise.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:42:05 PM

What time is it ?

let me check:

Wink
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 03:44:11 PM

What time is it ?

let me check:

Wink

HI Tungfa... Sorry for not getting back to you.  I'm trying to arrange to have my Web team and I to gave a conference call to you.  Stay tuned

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:59:19 PM

What time is it ?

let me check:
 Wink

HI Tungfa... Sorry for not getting back to you.  I'm trying to arrange to have my Web team and I to gave a conference call to you.  Stay tuned

i think you should talk to minotaur !
he knows much more about this web / payment stuff than me
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 04:03:37 PM

Dash fails again...

fluffypony wrote:

Dash fails because, as djb describes in this excellent recent article, they have an "attacker economist" approach.

In other words, instead of purposely designing their systems to be cryptographically sound so that the "attacker will definitely fail" or the "attacker will probably fail", they instead (unwittingly?) design it so that "the attacker's expected cost of carrying out an attack exceeds the attacker's expected benefit from doing so." The unfortunate knock-on effect is that such an approach only works like that for a limited time...as the value of the cryptocurrency grows, so does the level of sophistication of the attackers that find it an interesting target. Trying to solve the privacy problems in a way that relies on the honesty and opsec of a small group of individuals is simply privacy theatre, no different from those that claim that Bitcoin is private as long as there's no address reuse.

#R3KT

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:08:42 PM

Nice Move~!

Congrats from China~!

Sorry... But I didn't find a response to my earlier query... If there was/is a similar wallet available now for Android?

As far as I know Breadwallet is iPhone only, it'd be nice to have a glitsy Android wallet too but hashengineerings one works well. Both might be old-hat soon enough anyway. DAPI, No need to download an app, just browse and go Wink

I. don't know what DAPI stands for or how that will effect the wallet. Please advise.
It's a feature coming with Evolution. It's a decentralized API that will allow you to safely use the Dash network and maintain your account without hosting a wallet yourself. It other words, no need for wallets at all.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 05:00:34 PM

you guys have that now? that's slick..

"The max coins were set to 84 million, but the coin had generated 2.5 million coins. Dash would have been over it’s limit in a 1.5 months and collapsed"

that's all you have to say? that is so lame of an excuse

evan: " If you don’t like that it was an instamine, that’s fine, go invest in something else."

https://youtu.be/x5sNx7SMTP8?t=146

evan (rubs nose): "the investors in the coin don't care" ..blah..blah...(rubs nose again and word mincer come to save the speechless evan)

word mincer: "go ahead criticize us, that makes us stronger "

yeah stronger at twisting facts and words...when you found out the instamine and distribution is in indefensible state you just twist it to become a "positive event"  Grin

i dare you guys to put instamine to the thread title..cmon!
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 05:12:00 PM

What time is it ?

let me check:
 Wink

i think you should talk to minotaur !
he knows much more about this web / payment stuff than me

Thanks Tungfa...I'll reach out to him on DASHtalk.   Cheers

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 05:15:51 PM

Nice Move~!

Congrats from China~!

It's a feature coming with Evolution. It's a decentralized API that will allow you to safely use the Dash network and maintain your account without hosting a wallet yourself. It other words, no need for wallets at all.

Really?  I'm wondering if I should wait to implement our payment system till  that rolls out.  On second thought...I think I read some where that this feature was not going to be ready till early spring.   We are going to need a wallet I'm assuming if we are accepting BTC...

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

fluffypony wrote:

fluffypony's not building the money. He's only building the safe.

Don't judge us by his standards.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 05:38:12 PM

I think as a community we just need to get past these nobodies.  They will not be convinced of anything other their own retarded point of view....and frankly we have better things to discuss.   There is NOTHING that they bring up or that we retort with that has not been flung around for almost 2 years.  Same old BS...and I'm frankly tired...as I'm sure many other of you as well. 

Lets rise to the occasion and just not answer them.  Let them cry and beat their chest to an empty room. 

I'm more interested in helping to make and implement simpler solutions for accepting DASH, BTC and others for businesses like mine. 

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:05:36 PM

fluffypony wrote:

They compare the bloat-joke-monero to Dash because they wanted to pull themselves out from the sea of cryptonote clones.
There are many cryptonote coins and in order to be kind of visible, they had to do something about it.
Monero is a simple NSA-made-bloat-unusable-joke-clone.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:20:43 PM

Anybody to run 2 MNs to get 3400!!! ?  Cool

http://178.254.18.153/~pub/masternode_count.png
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 06:21:23 PM

fluffypony wrote:

Dash fails because, as djb describes in this excellent recent article, they have an "attacker economist" approach.

In other words, instead of purposely designing their systems to be cryptographically sound so that the "attacker will definitely fail" or the "attacker will probably fail", they instead (unwittingly?) design it so that "the attacker's expected cost of carrying out an attack exceeds the attacker's expected benefit from doing so." The unfortunate knock-on effect is that such an approach only works like that for a limited time...as the value of the cryptocurrency grows, so does the level of sophistication of the attackers that find it an interesting target. Trying to solve the privacy problems in a way that relies on the honesty and opsec of a small group of individuals is simply privacy theatre, no different from those that claim that Bitcoin is private as long as there's no address reuse.

They compare the bloat-joke-monero to Dash because they wanted to pull themselves out from the sea of cryptonote clones.
There are many cryptonote coins and in order to be kind of visible, they had to do something about it.

Attacking another coin is not responsive to fluffypony's critique of Dash's "attacker economist" approach.

Do you have anything substantive to offer, or are you content to merely deflect from rather than actually defend Dash's "bad crypto?"

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:34:45 PM

Do you have anything substantive to offer

Yes.

This is money:

This is a safe:

Learn to tell the difference because they don't share the same priorities  Wink

The art of trying to pretend that they do is known as the construction of "straw men". Something that many critics of Dash are far more accomplished at than doing monetary analysis.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

Do you have anything substantive to offer

Yes.

This is money:

[img]

This is a safe:

[img]

Learn to tell the difference because they don't share the same priorities  Wink

The art of trying to pretend that they do is known as the construction of "straw men". Something that many critics of Dash are far more accomplished at than doing monetary analysis.

This is a specific point of analysis, which is not refuted by infantile generalities involving clip art of silver and safes:

fluffypony wrote:

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 06:57:36 PM

fluffypony wrote:

Attacking another coin is not responsive to fluffypony's critique of Dash's "attacker economist" approach.

Do you have anything substantive to offer, or are you content to merely deflect from rather than actually defend Dash's "bad crypto?"

Fluffypony (sic) is clutching at straws. He can't develop anything worth a fuck in his own coin (apart from a tacky dice site to skim gullible investors), so launches these broadsides at DASH, a significantly better supported coin (see coinmarketcap.com) with REAL ongoing development and a roadmap that's likely to get delivered this century. Not just a silly roadmap that's full of shit with some pretty graphics and 'missives' attached.

His technical argument is a non-sequitur. As DASH grows, it's sophistication and resilience to attack will also grow. But he doesn't mention that.

Nor does he mention who the fuck will actually attack these coins anyway, or that if they want to, Guv will fuck his precious Failero the same as any other coin.

And why the fuck don't you come up with some of your own arguments Licey, instead of eating and regurgitating these guys shit all the time.

"Clutching at straws" is characterization of fluffpony's analysis, not refutation.

"Non-sequitur" is characterization of fluffpony's analysis, not refutation.

"Can't develop anything worth a fuck in his own coin" is ad hominem, not refutation.

Good luck with your bad crypto and privacy theatre.

Dash  Embarrassed

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Fatov

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:02:54 PM

Anybody to run 2 MNs to get 3400!!! ?  Cool

http://178.254.18.153/~pub/masternode_count.png
Only 1!! Cheesy

Fatov was here
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
For private, fast and secure transactions DASH is King | Dashtalk
dashwhale

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 07:48:59 PM

A new budget proposal is out there, guys ... and it really smells like a daaaangerous precedent  Wink

https://www.dashwhale.org/p/christmas-lottery

Pages: « 1 ... 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 [5440] 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: