Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:24:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 [5484] 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722569 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 02:04:43 AM

Wot GMaxwell actually sed:

Your pump and dump dance would probably be more effective if you were less transparently dishonest in your approach.

CoinJoin is trustless— which is orthogonal with centralized or decentralized, it could be implemented several ways (though trustlessness is usually a prerequisite to a decenteralized implementation). Post 5 in the CoinJoin thread writes in depth about implementing it in a decenteralized way, none of which appears to have been implemented by the darkcoin developers as far as I can tell— from what I've heard it seems that they're not even able to understand it.

what DarkCoin does is highly centralized

"masternodes" does not sound like something decenteralized, it sounds like something that creates a small chokepoint which could be used to deanonymize its users, like a server based CoinJoin but worse since you have to hold a huge pile of coins to run a server.

From what I can tell the only purpose DarkCoin serves is to depress me about the state of humanity.

Fixed it for you.

Dash  Embarrassed

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:12:35 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2015, 12:07:38 AM by Lukas_Jackson

Masternodes are as centralised or decentralised as miners.
And how it can be worse than a server based coinjoin?
He didn't even look at it because it's altcoin  Roll Eyes

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:41:25 AM

And how it can be worse than a server based coinjoin?
He didn't even looked at it because it's altcoin  Roll Eyes

The quote is over a year and a half old as well.  I don't think there are many people that aren't trolls, that still talk like that about Dash/Darkcoin.  The last one was Peter Todd, who doesn't hold much respect anymore anyway.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 02:58:59 AM

That is incorrect.

Decentralization is measured as the cost of the option to run a fully participating node (http://www.truthcoin.info/blog/measuring-decentralization/).

In Dash, only Masternodes participate fully (IE, are able to access/verify/amplify the blockchain signal in a trust-free manner) and they have an entirely artificial, very high 1000 Dash barrier to entry.

OTOH, anyone with a CPU/GPU may exercise their option to mine.

"masternodes" does not sound like something decenteralized, it sounds like something that creates a small chokepoint which could be used to deanonymize its users, like a server based CoinJoin but worse since you have to hold a huge pile of coins to run a server.

Unless they are a bagholding DashHole cultist, why on earth would anyone listen to your gainsaying assertions instead of a renowned BTC core dev?

In conclusion,

Your pump and dump dance would probably be more effective if you were less transparently dishonest in your approach.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:02:05 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2015, 03:55:01 AM by Lebubar

After the first day at this conference, speaking to real people, to investors, to people involved in the bitcoin, and reading the post of smoothie, make me smile. Poor guys thinking that this forum is enough to go forward to devlop a project. Pathetic.

I can told you that we speak with a lot of people and they show a great interest of how Dash is developing and growing, they love the incentive nodes, the budget and voting system, just to tell people that the book they got in their hands was funded by the Dash blockchain was making them happy.

Now that I speak with Evan, I think I understood better Evolution, and I can tell you it is Huge.

Really this day make me more confident of Dash futur.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 03:09:40 AM

iCE, You really need to go back to the drawing board. You and your cronies have been making it too easy lately.
(Quotation and bolded are my own)

"masternodes" "does not sound like" something decenteralized, "it sounds like" something that creates a small chokepoint which could be used to deanonymize its users, like a server based CoinJoin but worse since you have to hold a huge pile of coins to run a server.

"Does not sound like" and "it sounds like" do not qualify as scientific observations by any stretch of the imagination. These are the ramblings of an individual who has absolutely no clue how Dash works. And you're seriously using that as an avenue to attack Dash? Come on man, you're better than this! Or so I thought...

EDIT: Quick, delete your post and repost it! That'll give it more credibility.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 03:11:47 AM

After the first day at this conference, speaking to real people, to investors, to people involved in the bitcoin, and reading the post of smoothie, make me smile. Poor guys thinking that this forum is enough to go forward to devlop a project. Pathetic.

I can told you that we speak with a lot of people and they show a great interest of how Dash is developing and growing, they love the incentive nodes, the budget and voting system, just to tell people that the book they got in their hands was funded by the Dash blockchain was making them happy.

Now that I speak with Evan, I think I understood better Evolution, and I can tell you it is HUDGE.

Well said! Thanks for sharing. Get some rest, I want to post more pictures and video tomorrow!

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:28:05 AM

Grin

Any alt coin (DASH) that needs to setup a booth at a conference to promote itself is a red flag.

You guys remember all of those litecoin booths at previous conferences??

Oh wait...
There were none.
Nice Booth!

Ignorant hypocrite trolls get #R3KT on a daily around here.
Has it sent yet

15 16 17
You better dump your monero bags for DASH before it's too late bro Kiss

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:43:47 AM

Grin

Any alt coin (DASH) that needs to setup a booth at a conference to promote itself is a red flag.

You guys remember all of those litecoin booths at previous conferences??

Oh wait...
There were none.
Nice Booth!

Ignorant hypocrite trolls get #R3KT on a daily around here.
Has it sent yet

15 16 17
You better dump your monero bags for DASH before it's too late bro Kiss

LOL   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

smoothie caught red handed LOL  Grin

... having a booth at a conference (unlike say Litecoin as an example) is a red flag. Any coin that needs to promote itself at a bitcoin conference (i.e. ripple) is likely a scam/bullshit coin....

but at the same time saying looking forward for Litecoin to make a booth on litecoin ann Huh  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

i dont know if smoothie want to discredit Litecoin later or just Dash Huh

this is epic LOOOOOL

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:57:40 AM

Now that I speak with Evan, I think I understood better Evolution, and I can tell you it is Huge.

I would love to see what's inside the booklet, is there a file online that us stuck at home can look at?  Cheesy  Thanks for the updates and pictures, Lebubar!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 04:06:15 AM

"masternodes" "does not sound like" something decenteralized, "it sounds like" something that creates a small chokepoint which could be used to deanonymize its users, like a server based CoinJoin but worse since you have to hold a huge pile of coins to run a server.

"Does not sound like" and "it sounds like" do not qualify as scientific observations by any stretch of the imagination. These are the ramblings of an individual who has absolutely no clue how Dash works.

Gmax invented coinjoin, the mixing algorithm Darkcoin broke, bastardized, and rebranded as 'Darksend.'

Obviously, his opinions are those of one with the highest possible levels of expertise.

I implemented a rough version of CoinJoin.

The idea behind what I'm working on was originally put forward by Gregory Maxwell

Remember when Darkcoin wanted Gmax to audit its crypto?

Here, I'll help jog your atrociously selective memory:

A good compromise would be a full audit from greg maxwell and possibly some other trusted contributors to the original idea.

I'd suggest 3 seperate devs, personally.  Maybe Maxwell, Mindfox and..  i dont know a good 3rd.

You certainly valued his "ramblings" when fishing for an endorsement!

Funny how (in the DashHole POV) Gmax went from hero to zero as soon as he said something less than flattering about your shitty HYIP scam's bad crypto.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:50:42 AM

What is Dash-comminity mission? Create great things, support the Dash Evolution.
What is Monero-comminity mission? Just trying to spoil the Dash-comminity mission.

If you can't create anything, your fate is being a pest.  It's so shameful, monero-"developers-pests"...

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:55:03 AM

Gmax invented coinjoin, the mixing algorithm Darkcoin broke, bastardized, and rebranded as 'Darksend.'
Actually evan fixed, improved and rebranded as Darksend.

Remember when Darkcoin wanted Gmax to audit its crypto?
i don't even know those people you quoted.

Most thought Kristov Atlas was a better choice as he is the one who cracked Gmax's coinjoin implementation by SharedCoin.

CoinJoin Sudoku. Weaknesses in SharedCoin, and CoinJoin research.
http://www.coinjoinsudoku.com/advisory/

He could not crack Darksend and gave it a positive review.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/reply-to-kristovs-paper.2325/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 05:07:41 AM

Actually evan fixed, improved and rebranded as Darksend.

Please support with demonstrable facts your assertion that "evan fixed [and] improved" coinjoin.

What did Evan fix?  What did he improve?

Those are extraordinary claims (especially given the inventor of coinjoin strenuously disagrees) and thus require extraordinary evidence.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:21:48 AM

Please don't

And please stop feeding the trolls, they're so .... diseased and such flotsam of humanity. 

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 05:24:47 AM

The stench of desperation hangs heavy in the air tonight. The sideshow clowns are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Dash, vainly hoping something sticks.

I'm sorry to inform you that we are not going anywhere.

If there was a problem with Dash's implementation of CoinJoin it would have been found by now in the heavily-scrutinized open-source code.

Go to your Bitcoin Dev masters and ask them to produce evidence that it is broken. We will then fix whatever they find, and you will have made us stronger.

You see, your FUD doesn't faze us because we're confident, talented, and have faith in our product. We will overcome any obstacle, because we are relentless.

You clowns are just a footnote on our way to success.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:30:53 AM

A footnote?  Really?  Please!  They're a 3 ring circus!  Ridiculous.

Every time I am curious and take a peek at what they write, it's just so damn stupid or blatant lies and half truths and taken out of context.  These people are not in any way honest, and obviously not interested in developing their coin, which is a complete mess.  They're waiting for one of the other clones to fix things so they can co-opt the work.

They are the lowest of the low, scum of the earth and I'm sure they're being paid by some malevolent entity.

vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:58:25 AM

DASH - the Original and Biggest Scam of all - I mean Paycoin was a $20,000,000 scam and these guys with Dash are cashing out "Interest" daily -- this will definitely top the Paycoin Scam
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 06:06:58 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2015, 06:20:25 AM by TanteStefana2

DASH - the Original and Biggest Scam of all - I mean Paycoin was a $20,000,000 scam and these guys with Dash are cashing out "Interest" daily -- this will definitely top the Paycoin Scam

Vertoe, seriously, WTF is wrong with you?  In fact, your account is either in someone else's control, or you've lost your mind.
Hummm, interesting, just found this on your ratings:

myagui 0: -0 / +0   2015-07-01   0.00000000   Reference   Account hacked and controlled by unknown individual(s). Proof provided by Vertoe herself via GitHub with reference to a static quote and signed by an earlier known LTC address.
CHAOSiTEC 20: -0 / +2   2015-07-01   0.00000000      CAUTION: This account may not be in possession of the actual Vertoe

So now I know which one it is.

And as posted below:
https://github.com/vertoe/bitcointalk/blob/master/README.md

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 06:13:52 AM

alexGR  - what's GR? (giant rat Cheesy)
alex-ru  - ru (russian account?) "ru" is used in for labeling software,sites and games that uses russian languages

is alex-ru and alexGR the same person or cohorts or family? since it is convenient to label your russian account with "ru"

I'm quite a bit souther than alex-ru... (GR)eece.
Pages: « 1 ... 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 [5484] 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: