Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 02:47:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 [5509] 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722646 times)
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:59:21 AM

Friendly reminder for newcomers:

This thread looks infected by trolls again. This is an non-moderated thread so they are free to try to promote their coins here  spreading lies and FUD.

For more information and civilized talk about Dash you can visit: dashtalk.org. Feel free to join us.

https://dashtalk.org

Discussions: 4,957
Members: 3,750

As a side note :
All the trolls here are coming from one other coin and are clearly motivated by desperation.

Discussions:4,980
Members:3,757

Discussions: 4,995
Members: 3,763

Amazing : Majority of post by Trolleros since some days now.

2 trolleros meets, what they talk about : Dash.
2 members of Dash community meets, what they talk about : Dash.

cqfd
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:08:49 AM

This thread looks infected by trolls again. This is an non-moderated thread so they are free to try to promote their coins here  spreading lies and FUD.

For more information and civilized talk about Dash you can visit: dashtalk.org. Feel free to join us.

As a side note :
All the trolls here are coming from one other coin and are clearly motivated by desperation.

cqfd

thanks, i'm adding that to my list. i'll add it to my sig later as well.

Dash (Evan Duffield) at LaBitConf (Mexico City) Dec 2015
(Edited Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqWjAGfegIQ&feature=youtu.be

Dash Video Series
https://www.dash.org/dash-video-series/

monero troll operation.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:21:30 AM

Not that you can read this, but the troll operation is significantly more entertaining.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:40:01 AM

Has duffield ever offered to burn the instamine...or at least most of it?  That's a pretty big pile of shit to hide under the rug...

I don't doubt the Dash team's talent or resolve, but this will haunt them until the end.

That being said...btc's instamine is worse.

First of all, Evan owns only a percentage of those coins, there were a lot of miners.  My guess is 10% or so, but that doesn't matter, and I don't really know.  I do know he was buying them up from miners (obviously, he didn't have as many as he wanted to have).  He's also spent a lot of coins to pay for infrastructure, and just today, because of a mistake last month and this month, he paid the developers out of pocket, what they should have received from the blockchain.

He offered to restart Xcoin/Darkcoin/Dash, the community said no
He offered to do an airdrop to anyone who wanted coins, by doubling the amount, the community said no.

There was no way to fix the problem.  He had miners that sold their coins, and people that spent their money on buying coins, to kill it would not only anger the community, it would have ensured nobody would support him the next go-round.

Finally, every coin is instamined.  Even if initial distribution was to 10,000 people, which would be incredible, it's super centralized when you consider there are over 7 billion people in the world.  So the whole issue is beyond a stupid argument.

What is a crypto currency?  It's a SERVICE.  Dash functions like cash, instant payments and free to use (except for all the corruption that causes fiat cash to actually cost the consumer a hefty percentage).  When you own a coin, any coin, you own a piece of the infrastructure.  You could think of it like stock in a company, though it's not really stock, it's also a token to trade without boarders. 

So, does the person who invests his time and energy, puts his face out there, and builds a currency, that can be seen as an enterprise deserve a large stake in the company he is building?  Certainly!  Only a fool wouldn't want Evan to profit from building Dash.  If he couldn't profit, he wouldn't be working so hard.  And his worth only grows if his coin grows.  Talk about incentive!

Anyway, I couldn't care less what any of the trolls think, they're simply trolling.  You have so many "coins" below your name, I can only assume you're also trolling as you should know how this all works better than most, but since I don't have you on ignore (yet) I will assume for now that you're genuinely asking.  Which I sincerely doubt.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:01:58 AM

Has anyone ever gone anywhere to "warn noobs"?

You just need to read the last pages of the "Monero speculation" thread to understand what all the Trolleros are doing here.

The Monero project is just about to release a new version which is just an improvement to fix some bugs, which is nice of course. Nothing else. No real innovation, no real project ahead. And the Monero people and the markets are beginning to understand that.

The only reason they are here is because try to flood this thread with the same topics and discussions every day is the only tactic they have left.

It is a really sad show to watch from the sidelines.

Typical post from a dash supporter to justify why he thinks others are criticizing Dash, its developer, and its history ^.

The ironic thing is this is pretty much the same line DASHers come up with to rationalize why people would criticize dash (GET SOME NEW MATERIAL AS IT IS GETTING OLD).

Yet have the gall to say that critics of DASH are running out of material to criticize dash on when it appears that each week there is another hidden turd uncovered that was swept under the DASH rug to hide from plain view for noobs to see and use to decide if they want to be invested in DASH.

Please stay on topic as we are not here to discuss Monero, but to discuss DASH.

Has duffield ever offered to burn the instamine...or at least most of it?  That's a pretty big pile of shit to hide under the rug...

I don't doubt the Dash team's talent or resolve, but this will haunt them until the end.

That being said...btc's instamine is worse.

That all depends on how you measure "worse".

30% of the current supply of dash was insta-mined in the first 2 days.

30% of the current supply of bitcoin was mined over a year? I didn't look into it but it sure wasn't no TWO days.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:02:32 AM

i think all the trolling and thread bumping is having an affect on the price. Shocked
thanks guy's, keep it up Kiss

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:04:27 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2015, 06:25:51 AM by qwizzie

i think all the trolling and thread bumping is having an affect on the price. Shocked

holy f .. thats one big green dildo rising there : https://cryptowat.ch/poloniex/dashbtc/4hr
price went up to 0.00674306  Shocked

ref : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233119.msg13191398#msg13191398

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:16:51 AM

Lets call it Dark again and go to .03. please and thank you,, that's my wish to Santa!
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:22:27 AM

30% of the current supply of bitcoin was mined over a year? I didn't look into it but it sure wasn't no TWO days.

There were more miners in the first 2 days of DASH than there were in the first year of Bitcoin.
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:32:41 AM

There were more miners in the first 2 days of DASH than there were in the first year of Bitcoin.
yep.
that's why i said btc, ltc and DASH have about the same distribution now in that old post noah quoted.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:58:16 AM

yep.
that's why i said btc, ltc and DASH have about the same distribution now in that old post noah quoted.

LOL typical.

It is convenient for you to justify your past claims when your claim was made months after Dark/Dash was launched already (with no mention of that reason back then).

Hardly a time to say "look Dash is just as distributed as LTC or BTC".

If you had said that in the first few weeks after Dash's launch I MIGHT believe your attempt to justify your broken claim.

But no I don't buy that for one second as justification.

Even til today Dash is still not evenly distributed no matter how many info-graphics you put up and point to based on wallet balances that make it "appear" to be "distributed".

It's not hard to fake "distribution" of supply when you have a large stash of DASH. Just break it up into hundreds or thousands of separate addresses and move them around a bit.

@illodin,

500,000 dark was mined in the first hour of launch even when you thought Evan was going to wait a few days to relaunch. I'm pretty sure he was one of the prepared miners with lots of cloud instances mining XCOIN and milking it with his "buggy" software that he didn't even test before launching it.

So your claim that there was "more" miners than bitcoin back then is flawed as there are known individuals mining in 2009 & 2010 who have come out with those claims.

Not to mention....Satoshi announced his launch in advance...and didn't have a 1 hour 500,000 instamine happen....by "accident".

Time to refill the Kool-aid jug guys, it's getting pretty low.

Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:21:35 AM

Price Recap:

The price of Dash was near the white line when I first started posting in this thread and let's review what has happened since:

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:32:06 AM

Trolls trolling the ANN Dash Forum : Week 50, Year 2015

* iCEBREAKER
* smoothie
* arielbit
* DrkLvr_

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:45:12 AM

Are you a troll and feeling angry, insecure or just very very stressed out about the upcoming Dash Evolution or the Miami Bitcoin Conference in January 2016?  I have the cure just for you  :

Disclosure of Dash Evolution : https://www.dash.org/evolution/

Dash Evolution creates a new type of cryptographic currency with various advanced features that assist in the creation of decentralized technology. Dash introduces a tiered network design, which allows users to do various jobs for the network, along with decentralized API access and a decentralized file system.

We will be writing the software for this project in stages, the first stage will take about 2 months to have a very early prototype for Dash Evolution that includes a basic implementation of DashDrive, Primitives, DAPI and a simple T3 wallet. In six to eight months, we should be entering testnet phase with most basic functionality. In 12-18 months, we plan for the first release version (a stable prototype).

Included below is our current work on Evolution, that adds many components such as:

• DashDrive – A decentralized shared file system that lives on the second tier network
• DAPI – A decentralized API which allows third tier users to access the network securely
• DashPay Decentralized Wallets – These wallets are light clients connected to the network via DAPI and run on various platforms
• Second Tier – The masternode network, which provides compensated infrastructure for the project
• Budgets – The second tier is given voting power to allocate funds for specific projects on the network via the budget system
• Governance – The second tier is given voting power to govern the currency and chart the course the currency takes
• Quorum Chain – This feature introduces a permanent stable masternode list, which can be used to calculate past and present quorums
• Primitives – We introduce Users, Groups and Accounts which allow a common way of interacting with the network.
• Social Wallet – By utilizing primitives, we introduce a social wallet, which allows friends lists, grouping of users and shared accounts.
• DSQL – A query language for administering the network via majority quorums (banning users, setting important network variables such as sporks on/off, etc)

Evolution Documentation Release

We’re going to try something different with the development of Dash Evolution. This is a social experiment on building an entire currency completely in the open, with extreme transparency, as such, things will change constantly. This is intended to be an open discovery process that helps us to create the best possible implementation, GUI and feature set for Dash Evolution.  Help us to flesh out these documents by editing, correcting or even coming up with new ideas that we could work into the system.

The documentation below is intended to be very high level, which should give a clear understanding of how to build and secure such a system. These aren’t really intended to be whitepapers, just simple technical documents showing the design choices and structures.

Many of these documents are outlines of ideas of how different pieces of Dash Evolution will work, they aren’t complete, feel free to add to these as well. To help us, simply click the “EDIT” button, then request access to the given documents. Please do not edit the documents directly, instead use the google docs “Suggest” feature. This is intended to be an open discussion of the technology in the documents, that will evolve with the project.

Thanks!

Evan Duffield

We will be releasing many more documents not here yet in the near future, please keep coming back to see updates and progress of Evolution.

Releases: Last Updated – December 4th, 2015

"See you in Miami"

Credits to @alex-ru Productions:
Credits to tungfa

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:58:27 AM

yep.

@illodin,

500,000 dark was mined in the first hour of launch even when you thought Evan was going to wait a few days to relaunch. I'm pretty sure he was one of the prepared miners with lots of cloud instances mining XCOIN and milking it with his "buggy" software that he didn't even test before launching it.

So your claim that there was "more" miners than bitcoin back then is flawed as there are known individuals mining in 2009 & 2010 who have come out with those claims.

Your moved goalposts and logic failure doesn't make my claim flawed. The original claim was 2 days, not 1 hour.

Try again with another strawman.
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:07:02 AM

Dark is the only choice in this sea of shitcoins  Cool
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:29:58 AM

Smoothie clearly hasn't spent enough time promoting Bitcoin outside of bitcointalk amongst the 'trolls' of everyday comment columns to know what matters and what doesn't.

If he had he'd know that bitcoin is as 'instamine sh*tcoin' as everything else. What people care about is how much they've got - not how much anyone else has and as far as bitcoin goes they ain't got none and no amount of telling them it was 'perfectly launched' is gonna change their view.

What Dash has is a far more integrated technology model, a much higher fidelity monetary model and an end-user oriented platform in development while costing 0.25% of bitcoin's price.

Thats what makes it investible  Wink

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:46:29 AM

Smoothie clearly hasn't spent enough time promoting Bitcoin outside of bitcointalk amongst the 'trolls' of everyday comment columns to know what matters and what doesn't.

If he had he'd know that bitcoin is as 'instamine sh*tcoin' as everything else. What people care about is how much they've got - not how much anyone else has and as far as bitcoin goes they ain't got none and no amount of telling them it was 'perfectly launched' is gonna change their view.

What Dash has is a far more integrated technology model, a much higher fidelity monetary model and an end-user oriented platform in development while costing 0.25% of bitcoin's price.

Thats what makes it investible  Wink

yep. the only thing good about DASH's current low price is that it's creating a fresh army of new DASH supporters while helping distribution even that much more.

As a side note :

cqfd

thanks, i'm adding that to my list. i'll add it to my sig later as well.

Dash (Evan Duffield) at LaBitConf (Mexico City) Dec 2015
(Edited Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqWjAGfegIQ&feature=youtu.be

Dash Video Series
https://www.dash.org/dash-video-series/

monero troll operation.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:17:11 AM

Just because you say the word troll does not make me an actual troll.

I suppose if you told a fish it lived in water it'd have a problem with it as well since it doesn't know any other type of existence  Cheesy

patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:21:19 AM

Price Recap:

The price of Dash was near the white line when I first started posting in this thread and let's review what has happened since:

Would you say that you use BTC or fiat currencies for your day to day transactions? Do you think that most other cryptocurrency investors use BTC or fiat currencies more for their day to day transactions? Do you think that most of the these investors are paid in BTC or fiat currencies?

Given realisitic answers to the questions above, could you honestly say the DASH/BTC price is more important than DASH to fiat eg. DASH/USD?
Pages: « 1 ... 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 [5509] 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: