Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 [5602] 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
altcointrader25

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:05:41 PM

Zero fee trading makes that meaningless, same as their Sharkcoin pump and dump.  They control the supply and fake all the numbers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:09:11 PM

A little bummed out.

I did what you're suppose to do and diversified my funds and sold off 2300 of dash into btc, ltc, and another coin that ended up turning my dash into ash.

I still have a large bag of dash, but still Sad

Hopefully ltc and btc will come up crazy style in 2016.

Warren Buffett > Quotes > Quotable Quote “Keep all your eggs in one basket, but watch that basket closely.”

BTC 2011 - 2013 (or earlier if you're lucky), LTC 2013, but we are now in the age of DASH Kiss don't look back dood Wink

Edit> Trolerio = past its sell-by date

Otoh , out in interest , did you finally get all yr withdraws out of Cryptsy ?

Nope, unfortunately not, nothing from them since they sent 10 DASH about three weeks ago, I still have 16.9 BTC & 2,740 DASH + 230 DASH pending withdraw that I've been trying to get out for nearly 3 months now, a total of over 39.175 BTC worth or $16,600 - I gather that Doge withdrawals have stopped a few days ago when I last checked so even that 20% haircut option is out atm.

At least I was able to get approx half of the 200 BTC value that I had on there out so there's still hope for the rest, at the end of January I will be in the States for a few months and if there's been no further progress I will be sicking all the relevant regulators and law enforcement plus my lawyers there on them most likely.

https://i.imgur.com/Cb2ygx7.png

Hi There OTOH ,

thanks for the info , Myself I have only about 10 BTC on Cryptsy , don't know wether to Withdraw or not.
been doing some research and there seems to be 1 guy who filled a complaint and got his BTC fast.
I asked him how he succeeded and this is what he said :

Quote :

Not that hard to do. First of all you need to track deposit address on the blockchain that is on cryptsy website and you would see that they immediately withdraw your deposit and split it up into other other wallets. Then you need to open a withdrawal ticket on cryptsy support and right down your finding that you got on the blockchain. Do a print screen of those support tickets and file a complaint on consumerfinance.gov. You are done. Smiley

Unquote

Too bad Im no technical wizzkid otherwise I would have done myself, maybe one day someone could assist me using teamviewer or something.
Maybe its helpful for you if you are tech enough to arrange as above.
If it works I would really like to hear , or if yr lawyers succeed if they could help me would be great ! :-)

One mistake there in the deposit address and how it actually works.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the deposit addresses are hot wallets for the exchange.  Even though a deposit address is unique to an individual, the funds are transferred off into other wallets from that address.  So if you deposit 5 btc to address x, and then proceed to send 2 btc to another address, the source of the transfer most likely won't be address x, but another hot wallet.  I believe most exchanges operate this way.  When someone else from the exchange sends 5 btc, it may actually come from your deposit address. 

Someone please double check I'm posting the correct information.  Please expand also if needed.

Can someone confirm this is how the deposit addresses work?

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
DefendKebab

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

Hassan Al-Kebab

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:31:18 PM

How much Dash for a kebab?

At the moment kebab with bread sandwich 2,05 dash   kebab dish with fries 3.36 dash

Güçlü Türkiye Kebab Defenderler
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:49:06 PM

Brief comment by Netflix CEO about bitcoin in regards to payment services in Latin America.

“We'll see where we go from here in the next 10, 15 years from a payments perspective, because countries still want to hold on to their monetary policy. But [it] sure would be nice to have bitcoin, in terms of a global currency, that you could use globally.”

http://www.coindesk.com/netflix-cfo-bitcoin-payments/

Oh Netflix, if only you knew !

If he likes it, why doesn't he accept it?  Maybe he has an agreement with paypal.
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:52:04 PM

Can the OP be updated to include a link to the official .onion of www.dash.org for Tor users? 
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:29:46 AM

Its been bothering me too why there are love at first sight user accounts, some are close to DASH launch date

Because they found something they were looking for, while you are still in a shithole  Wink
Haha. True. I still don't understand what point this idiot is trying to make. Might as well be saying, "A portion of you created your btctalk account around the time a coin you are interested in launched, you seem really interested in the coin because you post here a lot, and you don't sound newbie-ish (a.k.a., stupid)." Sooooo?Huh Is there a point somewhere to be made?!? I'll take that I don't sound newbie-ish as a complement, but I don't know what the implications of the rest of his posts are supposed to insinuate. Maybe if you try hard enough, a few facts strung together can sound suspicious... let's see:

1) You was born the same year as the Kennedy assassination
2) You have a friend with the first name "Ruby"
3) You wrote a paper on the Kennedy assassination in college, so you seem very interested in what happened that day

You caught us arielbit! We assassinated Kennedy and there are hundreds of Dash users all over the globe that are part of a conspiracy to commit fraud on, um, so far ourselves... investors in the project.

Its been bothering me too why there are love at first sight user accounts, some are close to DASH launch date

Because they found something they were looking for, while you are still in a shithole  Wink

why are you all focusing on the launch date part?

Lukas_jackson, you are not close to launch date but you qualified for this: "first post darkcoin (non newbie-ish)"

Lukas_jackson and toknormal -->typical DASH shill move twist and cut words  Grin

"A portion of you created your btctalk account around the time a coin you are interested in launched, you seem really interested in the coin because you post here a lot, and you don't sound newbie-ish (a.k.a., stupid)."

Sooooo?Huh Is there a point somewhere to be made?!?

ever heard of sock puppet accounts?

how about a group of people creating accounts that is connected to the open (with real name, address etc)?, because Evan wasn't acting alone..

FACT:
>Evan was looking for c++ devs for a "for profit startup" at the end of 2013 for the launch of an altcoin.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:33:11 AM

how about a group of people creating accounts that is connected to the open (with real name, address etc)?, because Evan wasn't acting alone..

Whether he was or wasn't, you'll probably find this more entertaining.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:34:17 AM

BTC Block Size Consensus Reached? Bitcoin Classic is Unveiled
https://news.bitcoin.com/block-size-consensus-reached-bitcoin-classic-is-unveiled/
(about time)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:36:27 AM

Can the OP be updated to include a link to the official .onion of www.dash.org for Tor users? 

good thinking
pinged the 'boss'  Wink
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:44:15 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 01:59:50 AM by arielbit

Whether he was or wasn't, you'll probably find this more entertaining.

typical DASH shill move twist, cut words and diversion tactics  Grin

http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2013-December/003964.html
Evan Duffield eduffield82 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 18:53:19 UTC 2013
Previous message: [Bitcoin-development] Fees / prio to be confirmed within ....
Next message: [Bitcoin-development] Looking for GREAT C++ developer for   exciting   opportunity in bitcoin space
Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
Hello,

We’re a startup looking for 1 or 2 really good C++ programmer that is
familiar with the bitcoin internals to help with a for-profit startup.

We will be able to provide more information about the project after signing
a non-compete/non-disclosure agreement. Our coin will be one of the truly
unique coins that are not just a clone of the original Bitcoin code. In
short the project will be a merge-mined altcoin that will provide a very
useful service to the whole crypto-coin ecosystem.

If you have added any features to Bitcoin or related technologies this is a
definite bonus. Please include information about the work you’re done in
the space.

We have detailed plans on how to implement it and the roles we are looking to fill. If interested please email eduffield82 at gmail.com with a description of your work experience and we’ll vett the applications and share our plans to see if you’re interested.

Thanks,

Evan & Kyle
Hawk Financial Group, LLC

He wasn't acting alone...got it now?

..and on top of that

"I was working with Dash as a hobby"

LOL  Grin
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 01:46:56 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/block-size-consensus-reached-bitcoin-classic-is-unveiled/
(about time)
...and the good news dumping ensues...

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:06:37 AM

OK Dashers, your old Tante needs help.  I need to be taught about the tip bot.  Mr. TheDashGuy sent me a tip, and I neither know where it goes after accepting nor how to send someone else tips, LOL.  I suppose it's time to learn?!?!?!

So someone have a heart and explain it to the old, LOL.  Thanks!

P.S.  I'm going to bed now, but I will start from here to see if anyone answered tomorrow Cheesy  Thanks so much!

you talking about the reddit bot ?
right here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashtipbot/wiki/index

Thanks Tungfa, I'm still completely confused.  I have no idea where to put the commands or anything, or where an over-view page is other than the email I got when I accepted TheDashGuy's tip??? which was apparently too late Tongue  But I'll try to spend more time on this later, too stressed right now Tongue

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:19:36 AM

Haha. True. I still don't understand what point this idiot is trying to make. Might as well be saying, "A portion of you created your btctalk account around the time a coin you are interested in launched, you seem really interested in the coin because you post here a lot, and you don't sound newbie-ish (a.k.a., stupid)." Sooooo?Huh Is there a point somewhere to be made?!? I'll take that I don't sound newbie-ish as a complement, but I don't know what the implications of the rest of his posts are supposed to insinuate. Maybe if you try hard enough, a few facts strung together can sound suspicious... let's see:

1) You was born the same year as the Kennedy assassination
2) You have a friend with the first name "Ruby"
3) You wrote a paper on the Kennedy assassination in college, so you seem very interested in what happened that day

You caught us arielbit! We assassinated Kennedy and there are hundreds of Dash users all over the globe that are part of a conspiracy to commit fraud on, um, so far ourselves... investors in the project.

I wonder if a lot of people were like my husband and I.  Bitcoins was big in the news in December 2013.  I think we heard it so much, we got curious enough to look it up one night in late December when my husband was reading the news on his tablet in bed.  It was 2 AM or so (we're night people) and we both got out of bed to see if we could find out what mining was, etc...   And then we started learning.  And because of the times, we were reading about Bitcoin's flaws, and about the alt coins, etc... and somehow landed at Dash, just before it was to launch.  I had not made an account here yet, and even when I did, I was too shy to ask questions.  But I was frantically trying to learn.

Anyway, my first (stolen) account was basically started ... aha, lol, I just looked it up, the day after Dash launched!  I finally must have asked a question, LOL.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 02:21:41 AM

Grin https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/687094895614521344

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:23:30 AM

One mistake there in the deposit address and how it actually works.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the deposit addresses are hot wallets for the exchange.  Even though a deposit address is unique to an individual, the funds are transferred off into other wallets from that address.  So if you deposit 5 btc to address x, and then proceed to send 2 btc to another address, the source of the transfer most likely won't be address x, but another hot wallet.  I believe most exchanges operate this way.  When someone else from the exchange sends 5 btc, it may actually come from your deposit address. 

Someone please double check I'm posting the correct information.  Please expand also if needed.

Can someone confirm this is how the deposit addresses work?

Yes, that's how it works.  Supposedly for security reasons.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:26:58 AM

(about time)
...and the good news dumping ensues...

LOL, people are so ridiculous!  No matter how you feel about it, a dumping tantrum just serves to lose you money.  I've seen it here on Dash, but I think this might be the first childish tantrum I've seen with Bitcoin Tongue

It's one thing to dump if you think nothing is going to happen and that there is a risk of something majorly bad to happen, but another because you don't like the decision. 

Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:29:18 AM

(about time)

Why would anyone want to run a BTC node?  What is the incentive?  I'm a little murky on that point.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 02:39:07 AM

Those large sells look suspicious to me, could be cryptsy liquidating userfunds.

The market dumps are panic sells by people wise enough to front-run the upcoming Cryptsy dumps, which will occur when the former Mrs. BigFraud begins to liquidate DASH as part of the divorce proceedings.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:47:06 AM

Ver of Bitcoin.com said:
“I think it should be clear to everyone that bigger blocks will likely mean more full nodes around the world, and therefore more decentralization, not less.  This will make Bitcoin even more difficult to control, censor, or be stopped by anyone, including governments.  If you want Bitcoin to become an even bigger Honey Badger of money, we need to increase the block size, not limit it.”

How's that?
larger blocks means more resources need to be expended.  More bandwidth and more storage.  It's not that I disagree with the decision, but Bitcoin has lost a lot of full nodes this year, and this won't help the situation.  Especially if they want the nodes to be well distributed.  Who can afford to volunteer these nodes?

Of course, Dash has incentivized nodes already, but if Bitcoin wants to keep from becoming subservient to those corporations that can afford to pay for running full nodes, they will need to find a way to encourage others to do it, such as incentivizing Bitcoin nodes.

Question is, how can they do that?

I keep thinking on this, and frankly, I don't think they can?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 02:52:15 AM

I certainly loved the concept of a out in the open developer, his real name, where he worked, his spouse/girlfriend and where he lived

ever heard of Bernie Madoff? .... he is out there in the open  Grin

ever heard of Charles Ponzi? .... he was out there in the open  Grin

ever heard of Marc Karpeles? .... he was out there in the open  Grin

We should do this all day, until these stupid DashHoles get the message.

The Evan's Gate cultists refuse to ask High Priest Duffield to demonstrate why he can't Gox them.

All they do is resent and attack anyone asking such hard, inconvenient questions, especially if they mention the instamine.

And many of them have never posted in a thread that isn't about Darkcoin.  It's very suspicious.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 [5602] 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: