Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 05:52:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 [5754] 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 5792 5793 5794 5795 5796 5797 5798 5799 5800 5801 5802 5803 5804 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722725 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:17:44 PM

FWIW: The vid and DASH itself are receiving a lot of criticism by Kristov Atlas on Facebook, see the conversation here:

Looks to me like Juan S Galt tamed him.

A masterclass in constructive exchanges and avoiding flamewars. I would not have kept my cool like that - I'll need to follow more of his work  Cheesy

Indeed, he's not just a pretty face (and hair)  Cheesy Wink Grin

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:22:51 PM

Our friends are now saying DASH is going to kill people?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1379833.0

Apparently has issues with DASH marketing.....make what you will of what he said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKd7F-10lxM&feature=youtu.be&t=1522

EDIT: oh, apparently the arrogant guy slurring on the video is fluffy.

Three fat fucks yelling and babbling incoherently having a fratboy party with fist bumps and childish behaviour for half an hour.
One of the fat fucks is smack talking Evan for having red hair, which is a very mature, compelling argument against the project, the other outright dismisses it for its marketing w/o any actual reason and the third fat fuck is a food critic (figures) turned developer w/o credentials concern trolling about people losing their lives and yet here we are with nobody of them able to de-anonymize this simple transaction:

Dash De-anonymization Contest

Icebreaker and other trolleros: I have donated $1 to Monero's development team. I sent 0.25 Dash (TX ID: 59d51690d4b56ddbf1e393fa8d3a49bcfc3247f270f36be3b6ee411802666cba-000) to shapeshift.io, which converted it to Bitcoin and sent it to the official Monero donation address listed at https://getmonero.org/getting-started/donate/.

I challenge you to de-anonymize this transaction. To make it just a little easier, I only used four rounds of Darksend, so it's exponentially less private than it would be with the maximum eight rounds.

Please tell me what address this transaction originated from.

Cheers!

This video is another disgrace to Moronero and those idiots should be ashamed of having their main dev displaying himself like that. Pathetic.

De-anonymize DarkSend or shut the fuck up, faggypony.

They are malignant, relentless, uncompromising bowel cancer. Yes they are like bowel cancer.
The great thing is it doesn't attack the brain.

Internet about monero and its community.

I sincerely wonder what kind of impression they're making on people like those from Fidelity Investments and Patrick Byrne?  If they made a good impression this weekend, then I give up.  There is no hope for this world.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:23:28 PM

and the barrier to entry is not too high.
Not too high for whom? I can tell you that it is WAY too high for me..

Is 100 Dash too high for you?
How much money do you have? Stop trying to get the "low-down" on my personal financial situation. You are being way too intrusive. Step off.

Jeezz I don't care about your financials, my point is that if you have some Dash you could put it on one of the available masternode shares services and get some more Dash that's all...

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:27:13 PM

some trolls in here really need to work on their marketing  Roll Eyes

Speaking the truth is not trolling. If you disagree ask Evan to stop hiding in his room and be interviewed by Bitcoin Uncensored and answer some simple questions.

You mean ask Evan to stop doing work and writing code? Fluffyponyz can spend all the time he wants on internet forums, reddit, twitter, and doing interviews with unprofessional slobs that he wants. Maybe if he didn't spend 28 hours a day writing comments and replies to people the monero GUI wallet might actually be done? Should Evan entertain the thought of going on this live interview with people who have a preconceived notion about who he is, with people who slander his character and make rude comments about the way he looks? Why would Evan give children like this the time of day? There are more professional podcast/youtube hosts who can ask tuff questions and not remark about the way people look, Evan will probably choose one of those professionals over slandering butter balls any day.

Oh my, things are getting heated.  Evan must be doing an excellent job to be freaking the ugly step-sisters out so much Smiley  Why am I here?  Ugh!  bye

volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:27:46 PM

How much money do you have? Stop trying to get the "low-down" on my personal financial situation. You are being way too intrusive. Step off.

Jeezz I don't care about your financials, my point is that if you have some Dash you could put it on one of the available masternode shares services and get some more Dash that's all...
Sorry. My bad.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:17:39 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2016, 07:31:58 PM by toknormal

However, I am still an investor, with legitimate concerns about the model's sustainability.

You said in an earlier reply to mine that the masternode threshold was "too high" for you. But you must acknowledge that that threshold (in terms of financial cost) has been set by the market, not by the blockchain designers. The 1000 Dash is arbitrary and there for a purpose (to mitigate the propensity to sybil attack the network). The market then puts a dollar price on that and if the asset is in demand that price will rise which was the objective of the whole plan in the first place. That fact alone should mitigate some of your concerns about "sustainability".

Now lets wind forward a bit. It's 2020, the credit markets have imploded, cash got banned, the crypto-sphere is gigantic and there are a myriad of cryptocurrency asset types out there all serving different types of currency market.

Dash's marketcap is not one of the leading ones, just the size of a moderate internet stock today - let's say LinkedIn at $15B which is only 1 twentieth of Facebook's.

That would value the collateral for a single masternode at around $2.5 million dollars and the associated revenue stream at between a $100,000 and a quarter of a million dollars per year depending on emission rates at that time. Thousands of investors benefit from a masternode revenue stream and also from second level business models like the one described in one of the current blockchain budget proposals but none of them hold anywhere near the full collateral themselves, they are simply invested in all kinds of trusts and share products which are capitalised using Dash as their base asset. Furthermore, anyone who DOES actually hold Dash themselves in any quantity is quids-in because although their holding may not contribute to an active collateral base itself, it doesn't matter. It carries exactly the same value as the parts of the coin supply that do due to being in demand for either masternode collateral or trading currency.

It's all relative. We can't take today's values and project them onto tomorrow. The barrier to entry is 1 Dash right now and that gives you a theoretical 0.1% of masternode collateral which is how your holding will be valued, whether it's actually collateralising a node or simply decorating your wallet.

Masternodes are a great innovation in crypto. They solve lots of problems and add value at the same time. Hey, I think the barrier to entry on a Falcon 7X is too high and those things can't even be sybil attacked !@!  Wink

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 06:02:16 PM

--- DASH TECH FEATURED AT EXMO, PLEASE MOVE YOUR TRADING FROM POLONIEX! ---

https://exmo.com

An improved trading experience awaits Dash traders:

http://youtu.be/40n6joIOkVg

If you care about Dash, please move your trading to https://exmo.com. They are supporting Dash technology by enabling InstantX, and they are not a base for rival coins such as Monero on Poloniex.

Plus, the site is pretty slick!

Thanks and please bump,

Tao

Bump. Have you tried depositing there? It's awesome.

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:57:43 PM

I absolutely love that roundtable video thingy. It only shows the world what they're about. They're absolutely clueless about what they're doing, and this is perfect promo on what not to invest time, energy and much less money in.

Brilliant - they troll themselves - I't priceless.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:07:19 PM

I absolutely love that roundtable video thingy. It only shows the world what they're about. They're absolutely clueless about what they're doing, and this is perfect promo on what not to invest time, energy and much less money in.

Just looked into that video. So Evan was around. Why did they not ask him to the debate? I`d love to watch a debate on that privacy issue. I still do not understand it so far.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 08:09:42 PM

http://darq.io/live

AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:15:37 PM

Just looked into that video. So Evan was around. Why did they not ask him to the debate? I`d love to watch a debate on that privacy issue. I still do not understand it so far.
" If DASH can do it on Bitcoin scale network" - what does that mean? Anyone has answer to it? Because they all repeat it like parrots.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:32:36 PM

Dash needs miners very, very badly, to secure the blockchain. Is this statement correct?

This statement is true for all proof-of-work coins as the blockchain security relies on the miners doing their part.
And yet, Dash treats miners very, very poorly (perhaps the worst of any coin). Would you say this statement has any veracity to it, at all?

I'm trying to understand what do you mean by that.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:55:59 PM

Our friends are now saying DASH is going to kill people?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1379833.0

Apparently has issues with DASH marketing.....make what you will of what he said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKd7F-10lxM&feature=youtu.be&t=1522

EDIT: oh, apparently the arrogant guy slurring on the video is fluffy.

Three fat fucks yelling and babbling incoherently having a fratboy party with fist bumps and childish behaviour for half an hour.
One of the fat fucks is smack talking Evan for having red hair, which is a very mature, compelling argument against the project, the other outright dismisses it for its marketing w/o any actual reason and the third fat fuck is a food critic (figures) turned developer w/o credentials concern trolling about people losing their lives and yet here we are with nobody of them able to de-anonymize this simple transaction:

Dash De-anonymization Contest

Icebreaker and other trolleros: I have donated $1 to Monero's development team. I sent 0.25 Dash (TX ID: 59d51690d4b56ddbf1e393fa8d3a49bcfc3247f270f36be3b6ee411802666cba-000) to shapeshift.io, which converted it to Bitcoin and sent it to the official Monero donation address listed at https://getmonero.org/getting-started/donate/.

I challenge you to de-anonymize this transaction. To make it just a little easier, I only used four rounds of Darksend, so it's exponentially less private than it would be with the maximum eight rounds.

Please tell me what address this transaction originated from.

Cheers!

This video is another disgrace to Moronero and those idiots should be ashamed of having their main dev displaying himself like that. Pathetic.

De-anonymize DarkSend or shut the fuck up, faggypony.

lol wow you sound utterly butthurt....

HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKd7F-10lxM&t=26m25s

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:08:42 PM

" If DASH can do it on Bitcoin scale network" - what does that mean? Anyone has answer to it? Because they all repeat it like parrots.

This is just something Kristov Atlas raised on facebook talking to Juan presentation in Anarchapulco. It shows just how mindless they are, just like them repeating Peter Todd about dash. Empty brains with no original criticism or ideas  Cool

BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:10:58 PM

Yep, own troll goal, remember these guys don't get it.

They seem to think that 'real life' is just like BTC talk where they believe they are king and can lie, bully and act like children for a mostly captive audience.

Strutting around like peacocks, acting like school children and arguing over the equivalent of My Little Pony being better than Monster High with some pretty serious people who are not only judging your worth in 'techo'  but your resolve, creativity, self worth, confidence and vision isn't gunna fly.

Spending your precious time constantly making obvious flawed remarks on a self diagnosed competitor in a market with plenty of room for all is a road that will go no where.

I love the other threads that the trolls created to use as FUD as a result of the video, it's like a role call of our pet trolls and some of the behind the scene guys all calling for the death of DASH and saying that DASH is now dead because of a few remarks by three incoherent amigo's with saucer like pupils.

Nice try trolls, own goal.

They just shot themselves in the foot and don't even realize that  Grin

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 09:13:09 PM

Yep, own troll goal, remember these guys don't get it.

They seem to think that 'real life' is just like BTC talk where they believe they are king and can lie, bully and act like children for a mostly captive audience.

Strutting around like peacocks, acting like school children and arguing over the equivalent of My Little Pony being better than Monster High with some pretty serious people who are not only judging your worth in 'techo'  but your resolve, creativity, self worth, confidence and vision isn't gunna fly.

Spending your precious time constantly making obvious flawed remarks on a self diagnosed competitor in a market with plenty of room for all is a road that will go no where.

I love the other threads that the trolls created to use as FUD as a result of the video, it's like a role call of our pet trolls and some of the behind the scene guys all calling for the death of DASH and saying that DASH is now dead because of a few remarks by three incoherent amigo's with saucer like pupils.

Nice try trolls, own goal.

They just shot themselves in the foot and don't even realize that  Grin
Bruce Fenton summed up this entire video perfectly when he says "So, you're a journalist who doesn't know anything about journalism." Nothing to see here, folks!

volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:15:30 PM

Dash needs miners very, very badly, to secure the blockchain. Is this statement correct?

This statement is true for all proof-of-work coins as the blockchain security relies on the miners doing their part.
And yet, Dash treats miners very, very poorly (perhaps the worst of any coin). Would you say this statement has any veracity to it, at all?

40% of any miner's earnings must be ceded to the masternode-tier. Is that right? If it is, then that is what I meant by miners being "treated poorly".
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:18:41 PM

40% of any miner's earnings must be ceded to the masternode-tier. Is that right? If it is, then that is what I meant by miners being "treated poorly".

45%, but in any case that is your opinion. Miners are not locked in a cage for their forced labour. They're perfectly free to mine whatever they like. Nothing is "ceded" anywhere, it is Dash's economic model, which has obviously proven to be working just fine.

So what is your point exactly?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:21:33 PM

It's a matter of perspective. You can say miners get 100% of what they should and nodes get 100% of what they should, based on the design of the system.

You see, without nodes, you don't have the features of dash. Without the features of dash, the coins mined by miners will have a very tiny percentage of the current value (would that be ok for the miners?). And without miners, the nodes are irrelevant anyway as the network can't function safely. So everybody gets compensated for their work and expenses in order for the system to work.
entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:23:25 PM

what are the reputable shared mn services?

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
Pages: « 1 ... 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 [5754] 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 5792 5793 5794 5795 5796 5797 5798 5799 5800 5801 5802 5803 5804 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: