Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:45:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 5792 5793 5794 5795 [5796] 5797 5798 5799 5800 5801 5802 5803 5804 5805 5806 5807 5808 5809 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:59:21 PM

As I see it from your chart qwizzie. If for the next few weeks, dash price will stay above 0.012 it might be a strong bullish signal for everyone. Dash always used to drop hard below 0.01 after the two previous major pumps. If this becomes the new floor - which would mean much more supporters than traders - next pumps will only start from this level. I think we might finally see the new ath this year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
G.avinMcInnes

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:02:56 PM

You should read my last post. We need to avoid 0.007 like the plague. If we could go to 0.025 and sit there all year, we would be the next ETH in the troll box in every exchange.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:04:50 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 07:26:56 PM by qwizzie

As I see it from your chart qwizzie. If for the next few weeks, dash price will stay above 0.012 it might be a strong bullish signal for everyone. Dash always used to drop hard below 0.01 after the two previous major pumps. If this becomes the new floor - which would mean much more supporters than traders - next pumps will only start from this level. I think we might finally see the new ath this year.

look at Poloniex orderbook : https://dc-charts.com/depth_dash.php?ex=16&cu=0&tz=5&ar=1

i think the way has been paved towards an upper 0.015 range. i also think a certain whale wants to do this all in small steps, correcting every so often
to keep the price progress at a certain pace (that last part could just be the paranoid me talking  Roll Eyes).

by the way Dash reclaimed 5th rank for those that didn't notice it : http://coinmarketcap.com/

next target : Litecoin ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:53:08 PM

Think about it people, DASH at ETH prices would help ALL DASH projects through DGbB and it would force the markets to acknowledge how great DASH is, which frankly has been long past due.

^This

I have said before that I think when you look at the long term (ten years or so), we have a very good chance at reaching $1000 / Dash, if not more. When you're looking at that sort of time frame, it's easy to take a "who cares?" approach to price. This is helpful when prices are in decline, but it also saps your enthusiasm for price increases as well, if you have no plans to sell any time soon.

However, if that higher price becomes the new baseline price, then two things happen. Obviously you're that much closer to the price you're willing to sell at, but it also means that the monthly budget amount (in fiat) will be higher, allowing us to do more stuff to advance the ecosystem.

In November, our total budget was in the neighborhood of $18,000. Today, it's about $45,000. It goes without saying that you can do a hell of a lot more with 45K than with 18K! As our price goes up, it creates a positive feedback loop that can become very powerful indeed.

P.S. We're up about 25 masternodes since yesterday, and just 2 off an ATH.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:54:03 PM

Litecoin is kept afloat by high liquidity Chinese exchanges.

Thats all it's good for now - bottle top trading. Still that can be an end in itself. I think while it remains on those exchanges it will stay at some minimum marketcap but if they were to drop it it would probably be curtains.

Thats a big indicator in itself.

Usually the nodecount rises after a decline in price. Now it's going up DURING A RISE in price. Pretty bullish if you ask me.

G.avinMcInnes

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:56:44 PM

Litecoin is kept afloat by high liquidity Chinese exchanges.

Thats all it's good for now - bottle top trading. Still that can be an end in itself. I think while it remains on those exchanges it will stay at some minimum marketcap but if they were to drop it it would probably be curtains.

If we bump Litecoin a little more and spark a move like we saw with Bitcoin into Ethereum that would be the end of Litecoin prices as they are now. It has no useful features, and that's ignoring the dozens of more technical copy projects based off of it.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:56:46 PM

Just saw this:

And immediately thought No Way!  Elliot would NEVER be stupid enough to leave his coins on an exchange!!  LOL

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:57:49 PM

For people that insist on spreading the false narrative that the Dash project is centralized, explain why the Transform PR project, supported by King Duffield, was voted down, forcing him to personally cancel the contract. Had we not had a decentralized governance system in place, that contract would still be in force today. Evan gave up a lot of power introducing the DGBB, and Dash is better for it.

Perhaps Eduardo aka Icebreaker after scamming hashfast he invested lots on Monero and trying hard to discredit DASH in every way so he can cashout he's scammed money? you can google eduardo hashfast scam and you can find he's picture there.

Edit : https://hashfastscam.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/scam-starts-at-the-top-with-ceo-of-hashfast/

Edit 2: This is just a theory since he keeps coming here like it's he's mission to spread FUD

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:05:58 PM

Just saw this:

And immediately thought No Way!  Elliot would NEVER be stupid enough to leave his coins on an exchange!!  LOL

selfnote : google when second season starts and reserve in agenda.
note to tungfa : get Dash in there  Grin
note to Elliot : thanks for taking down Evilcorp
edit : actually season 2 should shed some light if Evilcorp indeed is beaten or not.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:08:00 PM

Think about it people, DASH at ETH prices would help ALL DASH projects through DGbB and it would force the markets to acknowledge how great DASH is, which frankly has been long past due.

^This

I have said before that I think when you look at the long term (ten years or so), we have a very good chance at reaching $1000 / Dash, if not more. When you're looking at that sort of time frame, it's easy to take a "who cares?" approach to price. This is helpful when prices are in decline, but it also saps your enthusiasm for price increases as well, if you have no plans to sell any time soon.

However, if that higher price becomes the new baseline price, then two things happen. Obviously you're that much closer to the price you're willing to sell at, but it also means that the monthly budget amount (in fiat) will be higher, allowing us to do more stuff to advance the ecosystem.

In November, our total budget was in the neighborhood of $18,000. Today, it's about $45,000. It goes without saying that you can do a hell of a lot more with 45K than with 18K! As our price goes up, it creates a positive feedback loop that can become very powerful indeed.

That's so true, but it also allows you to stand back and look proudly upon our baby Cheesy  Without worrying about it leaving the nest Tongue

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:17:55 PM

MACD analysis looks sweet on DASH. Just had a crossover. I am happy I did my ETH-DASH swap last night (half-half).
G.avinMcInnes

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:13:36 PM

get your cheap dash while you can
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:22:39 PM

G.avinMcInnes, masternodes coming online miss one cycle of payments, not sure if you'd seen that as I don't think it's mentioned much. Just curious, any ideas for a budget proposal?

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
G.avinMcInnes

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:36:56 PM

G.avinMcInnes, masternodes coming online miss one cycle of payments, not sure if you'd seen that as I don't think it's mentioned much. Just curious, any ideas for a budget proposal?

I'm thinking about creating a decentralized exchange, and would like to work on a white paper with someone in the community about it sometime.

If any of you know C++, let me know. I'm a web developer and could do most of the theorycrafting of course, but I would need someone with the programming chops to develop a trading engine that could trade dash with X.

If someone thinks they can do that, give me a call. With a little more work we could put something out on the market  - a decentralized DASH exchange.

It's simple really.

Cheers
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:42:21 PM

Congrats to 100k Views  Wink
 Wink
805 subscribers   100,137 views
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC854riaGH45TVlxptI18v4w
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:44:24 PM

Dash Price Prediction March 17 Uptrend!

http://bitcoin-daytrading.com/dash-price-prediction-march-17-uptrend/
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:02:13 AM

I'm thinking about creating a decentralized exchange, and would like to work on a white paper with someone in the community about it sometime.

If any of you know C++, let me know. I'm a web developer and could do most of the theorycrafting of course, but I would need someone with the programming chops to develop a trading engine that could trade dash with X.

If someone thinks they can do that, give me a call. With a little more work we could put something out on the market  - a decentralized DASH exchange.

It's simple really.

Cheers
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

That's certainly not lacking ambition Grin Definitely a hot one, so much demand for that and it looks like it might happen fast, it could be something that would work really well with some of the steps so far towards Evolution.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:03:28 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 02:25:03 AM by toknormal

I've got 2 a couple budget proposal ideas.

1: Crystalise the Reserve Market - Dash Fixed Income Bonds
======================================
Take what Node40, Splawk and people like that are doing and build a front end investment product that's financial in nature as opposed to "techie".

That would serve 2 purposes:

a) create one of the first financial products that's crypto-based" but pays out in fiat - i.e. a cryptocurrency fixed-income bond that can be traded, just like government or corporate bonds

b) further decentralise the masternodes (i.e. decouple the association between individuals and nodes).

I've never really seen nodes as being a "my node" thing. They belong to the network and individuals may control parts of the coin supply, some of which collateralises a node. Right now, we as individuals are caretakers for individual nodes, but I see that as being temporary. As the network matures I see a masternode more like a power station in a national electricity grid:

- it's may be commisioned by one authority
 - it's maybe run by a staff of 200
 - it's maybe owned by a corporation with 20,000 shareholders
 - etc

The "Dash Bond" would be the start of the growth process towards that decentralisation. i.e. You'd have a web site like this one that sold bonds for any amount. Behind the scenes was done all the work of purchasing the Dash, consolidating sums and managing the nodes etc.

2: Capitalise new Economic Models - Dash Flow Bonds
==================================
This would be based on the amazing research that Julio Moros and Oscar Olivera are doing on flow money [and won't be concluding unless they get another 458 votes  Tongue ] and to me is one of the most exciting areas for all of crypto, not just Dash. The reason I like this model is that it is needed. Plain and simple.

Imagine two of us live on an Island and we have complimentary skills so we work for each other. I build you a house and you feed me. We make notch marks on a tree every day to measure how much work we do so that we can have a civilised way to give each other days off, allow for illness, and generally liberate us from both having to work at the same time all the time.

The notch marks on the tree are "flow money". We brought them into existence by doing productive work that was mutually valued (i.e. I agreed to one of your notch marks when you fed me a loaf of bread and you agreed to one of mine when I built you a fence). At the end of the month I might have 3 extra marks and trade them in for a day's holiday from you or you might trade a couple of yours for a new door.

This type of decentralised flow money is the one thing that the fiat system cannot do and cryptocurrencies can. In fiat, you need to go to a bank to get a loan for new money to be brought into existence. Then YOU'VE got to underwrite the value of that new liquidity, even though it's owed back to the bank.

In decentralised flow money, the liquidity is generated by the same people that underwrite its value (like the 2 guys on the island): No bank. A totally different system to meet the same end - the need for additional liquidity as the economy grows. The advent of cryptocurrencies allows small, decentralised economies to start to flourish and to me it's an immensely powerful concept.

Cryptocurrency is base money. Base money is no use unless it serves as a "base" for higher order capital tiers. "Dash Flow Bonds" project would target un-monetised sectors of the economy and start to grow them. Remember - even in a gold standard, base money is a miniscule part of the economy. I think we need to start looking about real routes to adoption that are not created with legacy fiat thinking hats on.

(Once that initial research is done of course - get voting ! It's only a bit of research. No "negative" money will be created, don't worry  Wink  )
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:46:19 AM

I've got 2 a couple budget proposal ideas....... snip.....

2: Capitalise new Economic Models - Dash Flow Bonds
==================================
This would be based on the amazing research that Julio Moros and Oscar Olivera are doing on flow money [and won't be concluding unless they get another 458 votes  Tongue ] and to me is one of the most exciting areas for all of crypto, not just Dash. The reason I like this model is that it is needed. Plain and simple.

Imagine two of us live on an Island and we have complimentary skills so we work for each other. I build you a house and you feed me. We make notch marks on a tree every day to measure how much work we do so that we can have a civilised way to give each other days off, allow for illness, and generally liberate us from both having to work at the same time all the time.

The notch marks on the tree are "flow money". We brought them into existence by doing productive work that was mutually valued (i.e. I agreed to one of your notch marks when you fed me a loaf of bread and you agreed to one of mine when I built you a fence). At the end of the month I might have 3 extra marks and trade them in for a day's holiday from you or you might trade a couple of yours for a new door.

This type of decentralised flow money is the one thing that the fiat system cannot do and cryptocurrencies can. In fiat, you need to go to a bank to get a loan for new money to be brought into existence. Then YOU'VE got to underwrite the value of that new liquidity, even though it's owed back to the bank.

In decentralised flow money, the liquidity is generated by the same people that underwrite its value (like the 2 guys on the island): No bank. A totally different system to meet the same end - the need for additional liquidity as the economy grows. The advent of cryptocurrencies allows small, decentralised economies to start to flourish and to me it's an immensely powerful concept.

Cryptocurrency is base money. Base money is no use unless it serves as a "base" for higher order capital tiers. "Dash Flow Bonds" project would target un-monetised sectors of the economy and start to grow them. Remember - even in a gold standard, base money is a miniscule part of the economy. I think we need to start looking about real routes to adoption that are not created with legacy fiat thinking hats on.

(Once that initial research is done of course - get voting ! It's only a bit of research. No "negative" money will be created, don't worry  Wink  )

I'm really excited about this one as well!  ^^^  It's called "Proof of Labor" and I wish it were easier to understand.  You need to take time time to think about it, but if it could work it would be profound.  It would be a way to link real - new value (that is work/production) to the crypto-economy.  It's research well worth being in control of in my opinion, and if it could be made to work, would be as profound as Bitcoin's blockchain, completing the foundation necessary for a world economy.  So please, MN owners, take another look at this one, ask questions on the DashTalk.org forum.  Thanks Cheesy

Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:31:16 AM

http://paywithdash.com/

Anyone else see a little problem here?
Pages: « 1 ... 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 5792 5793 5794 5795 [5796] 5797 5798 5799 5800 5801 5802 5803 5804 5805 5806 5807 5808 5809 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: