Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:15:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 [6189] 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6218 6219 6220 6221 6222 6223 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
wrxbuzz

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:41:31 AM

9mil behind moanero and 20mil behind lightcoin!!Great times to enjoy the ride and overtake retards of crypto

Dash will surpass Monero very soon, since DASH is the oldest anonymous coin, and litecoin is still overvalued, it is worth out of top 10 list.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 11:02:29 AM

I hope it will be Kraken.

It's gotta be bitstamp coinbase or kraken.

The most likely one seems to be Coinbase, according to what I read. To me, Kraken has the best reputation of the three, but anyone of those would be cool.

But coinbase doesn't have margin trades. The description said they would have that. Unless it was a decoy. And Charlie lee is cto there who hates dash.

Bitstamp is implementing Margin trading right at the time dash is to be added. So that's a good possibility.

And kraken already has Margin trades. Also has the best reputation and security audits in my opinion.  Would be a great thumbs up if they implemented instantX.

Either way gotta be patient 😊
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 11:46:04 AM

There is a difference between avoiding getting too technical and just plain being inaccurate.  The original Wiki quote was "If that proposal is approved by at least 10% of the masternode network".  This has a clear and unambiguous meaning to any native speaker of English -- meaning that only 10% of MN owners need to vote Yes, and the other 90% could vote No but it would still pass.

I meant "approved" as in "has this many more YES than NO." In my book, when 90% of the network votes against something, one cannot say that it was "approved." But that's all semantics, and I've changed it to be more understandable.

No, I don't think I have that thin of a skin, but I do think you came at this a little aggressively. Instead of "the wiki is a little unclear on this, perhaps we could fix it by..." you were just "somebody should go through the wiki and clean up all the inaccurate information because it's really bad for investors." That's a radically different tone. But no hard feelings--I cleaned up that page, and I'm going through a little bit at a time and working on others. (By no means did I write the whole wiki...only a few pages.)

This is clearly wrong.  If you want to keep it non-technical, you would only have to fix one thing: change "10%" to "55%" and bam, you're done.  Or "a majority" if you want to take the numbers out completely.  Either one of these would give a good impression of how things work, without being too technical (and they are both technically a bit wrong, right?  But they give a decent idea of how it works).

But both of those are incorrect. Neither 55% nor 50%+1 (majority) votes are needed. What is needed is YES - NO > (TOTAL NUMBER OF MASTERNODES / 10). A proposal can pass with 450 YES to 0 NO with only 10% of the network voting. A proposal can pass with 2000 YES to 1550 NO with the vast majority of the network voting.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 11:54:24 AM

https://blog.fxopen.com/dash-breaks-out-ether-range-bound/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
dafdaf

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:20:59 PM

New ATH. Did our trolls get paid by Fattyponzi lately? They're strangely absent. There must have been some missing payment. Where are you, Moroneros salarymen? I'd love to see "ignored user" everywhere again.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:26:25 PM

You cannot stop the pump baby!

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:04:15 PM

$24 and soon to take over #5 on Coinmarketcap. Congratulations Dash for the outstanding efforts!
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:05:15 PM

I understand your entusiashm, but take in cosideration that we like slowly increases of price, and last weeks increase was not slowly.
I don't want people burned because of the natural correction that may come in the near future. This is not a pump and dump coin.
bitcoin42r4

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:14:17 PM

Thank you all for the replies.  It is reassuring that the voting mechanism actually requires something like 55% of the MNs vote.  That is far, far better than the 10% that the Wiki used to say.  I'm not 100% sure that that's the best method of voting, but it's within the realm of reason, and up for rational debate.  10% would not be.

I would recommend putting a lot of effort into cleaning up misleading statements like that on the Wiki, because naive people like me, who don't want to dig through 6,000 pages of forum posts, will simply read the Wiki and make up their minds.

I still believe that Dash is a good coin, and I love that it is being very actively developed and moved in new directions, rather than sitting stagnant and never changing anything, like the majority of coins out there.  This is what originally drew me to Dark, and it will keep me interested in Dash.

As for the Rinse and Repeat cycle of the prices, well, I've put my money where my mouth is.  I sold a little over 4BTC worth of DASH at .0209.  You can look back over the past two YEARS and see that the price has never topped the BTC ATH of around .026; and usually the top is in around .024.  This time we didn't even reach .023 before retreating back below .02.  That set in my mind that we would not be reaching a new ATH in BTC terms.

Looking at the price of Dash in terms of fiat like USD is silliness.  Ok, so it's $20.  You think if BTC had stayed at $500, that Dash would have risen on its own to $20 (.040 BTC)?  Seriously, it's been rangebound (in BTC terms) this whole time.  I've watched it from the sidelines for 2 years now, held by the same FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) that affects some of you.  Each time I think "But what if this is the time when it busts out to .03?"  But it never has.  I'm not saying it never will, but I believe that this isn't that time, and as I said before, I put my money where my mouth is and sold the vast majority of my Dash. Time will tell who is right.

I apologize for the "misleading" statement on the wiki, and I would definitely welcome any assistance you can provide in "cleaning it up." However, when I wrote that particular page, my intention was to give an overview of the budget system to a complete newbie who has no idea how it works. There is a real danger in getting too technical (have you ever wondered about a technical question, searched Wikipedia, and ended up with glazed-over eyes and absolutely no understanding of the subject?)

I mean, if we want to get technical about it, the budget system doesn't allocate block rewards 45%/45%/10% like most people think. The 10% that's withheld for the budget system is actually hardcoded to the minimum block reward. If hash power is low, DGW adjusts the difficulty, and block reward goes up. It's possible for the block reward, for instance, to be 5 DASH. Yet only 0.388 DASH will be allocated to the budget system, for instance. (At least that's my understanding of how things worked before 12.1). Also, fees are split 50/50 between miners and masternodes, not 45/45/10 as one might assume. But for somebody new to Dash (my target audience) I think that's only going to confuse them, and I doubt they really care.

P.S. If you really believe we are ratio-bound and won't exceed 0.02 BTC/DASH, why invest in DASH? Why not just invest in Bitcoin, then?

Wow you're pretty good at this straw man argument thing, not to mention also being thin-skinned. 

There is a difference between avoiding getting too technical and just plain being inaccurate.  The original Wiki quote was "If that proposal is approved by at least 10% of the masternode network".  This has a clear and unambiguous meaning to any native speaker of English -- meaning that only 10% of MN owners need to vote Yes, and the other 90% could vote No but it would still pass.  This is clearly wrong.  If you want to keep it non-technical, you would only have to fix one thing: change "10%" to "55%" and bam, you're done.  Or "a majority" if you want to take the numbers out completely.  Either one of these would give a good impression of how things work, without being too technical (and they are both technically a bit wrong, right?  But they give a decent idea of how it works).

To your P.S. -- I have held a good number of cryptos over the past couple of years.  The majority was always in BTC, and DRK/DASH was my 2nd largest holding.  Besides those two, I also have some MaidSafeCoin (decent investment); BitShares (horrible investment); CounterParty (has lost some value, but not orders of magnitude like BitShares); and tiny amounts of NameCoin, PeerCoin, DogeCoin, and Mazacoin (the last being a horrible investment, but a great coin to mine during the first week -- I mined over 2 BTC worth of MZC quite easily with BFL SHA miners that would have been capable of mining about 0.1 BTC directly during the same period).  So, basically, I have hedged my bets; and even with my sale I still have kept about 30 DASH, just in case I'm wrong about where the price is headed.

concentrate only upon your assignment and do not beat about the bush..
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:15:20 PM

I understand your entusiashm, but take in cosideration that we like slowly increases of price, and last weeks increase was not slowly.
I don't want people burned because of the natural correction that may come in the near future. This is not a pump and dump coin.

The good thing is, we still have our benevolent bearish friends who keep short selling DASH when it hurts them most, so the rise is slower then otherwise. I'm just worried that they might slowly run out of ammo. The squeeze could be nasty.
dafdaf

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:13:44 PM

Simply beautiful:

(thanks to Raptor73!)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:21:46 PM

Simply beautiful:

(thanks to Raptor73!)

Maybe the next black hole that gets discovered could be named after Monero ?  Roll Eyes

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
dazbarlby

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:23:41 PM

Simply beautiful:

(thanks to Raptor73!)

That renders XMR pretty useless when you realize it's main feature (anonymity) strips out the blockchains main feature.... Trustlessness (is that a word) :-)
Mushrooms

Activity: 630
Merit: 309

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:23:44 PM

DASH looks pretty good while Bitcoin going to the new all time high!
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:35:30 PM

$24 and soon to take over #5 on Coinmarketcap. Congratulations Dash for the outstanding efforts!

I hope Dash run together Litecoin with same market capitalization.  Litecoin waited too long time.
Enjoy pumpping . Litecoin is fellow to Dash.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:36:21 PM

Simply beautiful:

(thanks to Raptor73!)

toknormal style Grin
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 02:45:02 PM

Simply beautiful:

FUD.png

(thanks to Raptor73!)

Users have the option to prove an XMR tx happened using a view key.

Dash has only one view key.  Dash's master key is centrally controlled by Evan.

Some would call that a backdoor.   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:50:24 PM

Only 6 Million to #5.... Dash shows it's strength while Bitcoin struggles with a 100K backlog of transactions.
Bitcoin could really learn from what a decentralized governance can achieve!
https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:18:09 PM

But it's not win-win-win when somebody can propose something that exclusively enriches a certain few people

Out of interest, do you have a particular proposal in mind ?

Here's the list. https://www.dashcentral.org/budget/completed

It doesn't matter whether it is happening now with the current proposals, just the fact that it is theoretically possible makes it a problem.

How is it "theoretically possible" ?

The only theoretically possible scenario I see is owners setting up proposals to pay themselves for doing work that doesn't have a favourable impact on the coin's future. But there would appear to be at least 3 aspects of the stakeholding that prevent that from happening:

1. There isn't a sufficiently large coherent holding group to dominate the voting in that way. (Even though people put about that Evan / Otoh et al own this & that - the fact is they don't. They can be outvoted at least 4:1 even by the most generous estimates of their holdings. By my observations it's more like 8:1).

2. There's nothing that anyone can do in terms of the protocol - even if they did dominate the voting - that doesn't still require a mining majority. So voting could say "do this", devs say "ok" and it still doesn't get adopted because the miners rejected it

3. Even if there was such a hypothetical way for an interested group to 'enrich itself' as you say then commercial pressures would start to manifest. The group can only pay itself in Dash, not any other currency, that is the catch. The wider community can therefore still mitigate said 'enrichment' because it has control over exchange rates

It's therefore far more profitable for 'interested parties' simply to do something beneficial for the project and get paid in a high value coin. (Which is what they are doing Wink )

I understand that the incentives are all generally aligned -- to make DASH go higher in value.  But that doesn't keep people from voting to give money to themselves or their friends. 

Basically,with all of this talk of Governance, Dash is turning itself into kind of a corporation.  The MN owners are like stockholders, and the big MN owners (hundreds of MNs) are like the Board of Directors.  If a proposal is ever put before a real-world corporate Board of Directors that could be self-dealing (e.g. a business deal with a company that is owned by a family member) or a conflict of interest (e.g. introduction of a product that might negatively impact another company, that the Director also has a substantial interest in) then they have to recuse themselves from the vote.  It's a simple ethical concept.  If Dash is trying to portray itself in this way then the power players of Dash need to make a very public effort to make everything above-board and ethical -- and that includes abstaining from voting where there might be any conflict of interest or self-dealing, or even the perception of such.  Accusations of cronyism can quickly kill this golden goose.  They would be wise to avoid them at all costs.

Just glancing through the approved proposals, I didn't notice any that mentioned getting competitive bids for any given project.  It's always "We've retained XYZ" at a given price, and I understand that's an easy thing to vote up or down, but really for a big project there should be a budget set, and then have various competitors bid on it, and the bid that provides the best value for the amount budgeted should win the project.  This is just a basic principle when running a large company, which Dash is looking more and more like.

their propagandist Amanda BJ said here that DASH is already a business.. Masternode holders = Stake holders

https://youtu.be/8GwsmnHE3Rk?t=239

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:30:26 PM

Users have the option to prove an XMR tx happened using a view key.

No they don't.

The viewkey is only available to the sender. It's the receiver that wants the "proof".
Pages: « 1 ... 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 [6189] 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6218 6219 6220 6221 6222 6223 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: