Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 6296 6297 6298 6299 6300 6301 6302 6303 6304 6305 6306 6307 [6308] 6309 6310 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 6324 6325 6326 6327 6328 6329 6330 6331 6332 6333 6334 6335 6336 6337 6338 6339 6340 6341 6342 6343 6344 6345 6346 6347 6348 6349 6350 6351 6352 6353 6354 6355 6356 6357 6358 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
mastertrader777
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:51:43 PM

Well, it looks like the Dash shorters will finally get that learn that painfull lesson on why shorting Dash is not a terribly clever idea, specially not in a bull market.
Listening to pump and dump groups is also not a very clever strategy, but then again who am i to deny you guys that right .. specially when it serves
Dash so very well in the end.

Link : https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/606fz4/my_final_margin_call/

It's a sad story, but the truly amazing thing is that he didn't learn anything at all. That day he posted on /r/BitcoinMarkets about how he'd lost 150 BTC "shorting some shitcoin." Rule #1 of trading: if you're going to short, at least find out if the asset your shorting is something that might have real potential.

The biggest irony of all? This was posted on the same day that we hit our ATH of .124. While I can't be 100% certain that this was the short that pushed us to that height, it seems likely given the size of the short and the size of the wick (in retrospect) on the 1D charts.

tl;dr If he had had even 1-2% more collateral (and/or had opened his short just a few hours later than he did at a slightly higher price) he probably would have survived the peak and made a fortune by potentially closing today at .06ish.

It demonstrate traders can still be negatively effected by their emotions. Its gets in their way of rational thinking.

Oh really huh?

LMAO

Bro I'm dead hahahahahha
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:55:56 PM

Meet the Inventor of Trusted Masternode Shares, Slawek of Dash Testing & Deployment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkwVogWMIV4

Finally a face with the name  Grin
Say hello to Splawik21 / Slawek

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
mastertrader777
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:01:05 PM

Meet the Inventor of Trusted Masternode Shares, Slawek of Dash Testing & Deployment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkwVogWMIV4

Finally a face with the name  Grin
Say hello to Splawik21 / Slawek

You're really digging for it huh?

Funny!
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 08:08:31 PM

Buy low, dump when its high, short the way down. OK I get it. But why scoff those on the other side of the trade? Is that to try and make the dump bigger? Or you just a bit sadistic?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:10:37 PM

http://dashvotetracker.com/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:14:49 PM

lol, you wouldn't have to defend so much if you didn't worry/think DASH wasn't a scam per say (or at least MAJORLY INSIDER RUN).....which it is.  so yeaaahhhhhhh, no sympathy here, fun pump but fuck it if it crashes to shit.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:20:24 PM

http://coinmarket.news/?p=3028

BitPanda’s integration solidifies Dash’s independence from Bitcoin

According to Daniel Diaz, the Dash Core team’s Director of Business Development, BitPanda’s recent integration represents part of this greater move to independence as a cryptocurrency:
“We are moving towards a multi-Blockchain ecosystem in which exchanges, brokers and merchants are giving their users choice. They are no longer making the decision for users on which
payment network they should use, allowing them to choose based on the features and benefits each Blockchain offers. This has another important effect, as currencies like Dash get more and
better FIAT gateways they become more price independent from Bitcoin and the market can assign a value to them separately.”

Interesting...

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 10:11:06 PM

Buy low, dump when its high, short the way down. OK I get it. But why scoff those on the other side of the trade? Is that to try and make the dump bigger? Or you just a bit sadistic?

Its the way I move - It tricks up the bots and gets me filled the other way instantly.

I've cornered the market with my crew, so with all of us moving at the same time - have to throw fake ( not wanted orders ) inbetween to stir up the bots and get my other guys filled as well.

I'm not in this alone...we all work well together.

Worth joining my group if you want more details.

Honestly I've given up alot already, Im not just talk brotha.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

You know what I'm kind of conflicted on morality issues. And doing not bad on my own I think. But still tricking bots and hurting real people with feelings..
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:04:13 PM

Snake oil comes in many forms.  

This thread reminds me of a local loony bin Saturday flee market complete with carnival barkers at every turn.

Starting with "Duffy" and moving down (or up, depending upon your "perspective"), with everyone and myself included, I think it's a disgraceful spectacle that is doing crypto nothing more than giving it a very black eye.

Very embarrassing. Very two bit.

Nevertheless, while it certainly will cause many to think twice, the fiat tidal wave that is what's really been moving these markets has only just started.

And the wise, the wiser.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 11:17:57 PM

The Carrot looking goofy motherfucker (Duffbar) bombing in a conference when asked about the instamine (Mar 31, 2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYoqjN2e-NY&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

BOOOOOM goes the thermobaric weapon!

Evan admits to still owning 256,000 Instamined Dash; claims he's doing it for The Greater Good(tm).  Roll Eyes

Small wonder Dash is crashing, as Evan's 256k Instamined Dash are liable to be seized by the SEC/IRS/FTC and liquidated at spot market rates.

Dash was originally released as XCoin (XCO) on January 18, 2014. On February 28, the name was changed to "Darkcoin." On March 25, 2015, Darkcoin was rebranded as "Dash."[3]

Within the first two days of launch, 1.9 million coins were mined, which is approximately a quarter of Dash's current supply (as of March 2017).[7][8] Creator and lead developer of Dash, Evan Duffield, attributed the so-called "instamine" to an error in the code "which incorrectly converted the difficulty, then tried using a corrupt value to calculate the subsidy, causing the instamine."[9] Once the problem was resolved, Evan offered to relaunch the coin without the instamine, but the community overwhelmingly disapproved. He then suggested an "airdrop" of coins in order to broaden the initial distribution. The community also disapproved of this proposal. As such, the initial distribution was left alone and development of the project continued.

At the time Dash (then called Xcoin) was launched, the cryptocurrency space was riddled with scams. People were creating new currencies, hyping their value, then dumping them and abandoning the project. Many likely feared the same for Dash. They were wrong(there fixed it).

Straight from the Dash wikipedia page! Hilarious!

Its all true...we the community voted to not relaunch, I was one of them.  Your point?

That is a big fat lie, as told by a big fat thug.

Duffiled never held a vote on a "relaunch."  What he (sort of, kind of) did was hold a straw poll on A SHITTY HAREBRAINED AIRDROP.

Do you understand the difference between a RELAUNCH and an AIRDROP?

Of course you do, but you try to conflate the two and confuse noobies regardless, which is why you are a big fat scam shilling thug.

Evan clearly wanted to deflect, discourage, and diffuse support for a relaunch so he took that reasonable/rational option off the table and replaced it with some convoluted airdrop nonsense, which naturally failed to garner sufficient support as it did not actually address and fix the problems only a relaunch would remedy.

The community ONLY voted against an AIRDROP.  The community NEVER voted against a RELAUNCH.

It's disgusting you keep pretending those two utterly distinct concepts are interchangeable.  May your cellar be colonized by brettanomyces and all your corks be tainted.  Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 02:26:36 AM

Dash was originally released as XCoin (XCO) on January 18, 2014. On February 28, the name was changed to "Darkcoin." On March 25, 2015, Darkcoin was rebranded as "Dash."[3]

Within the first two days of launch, 1.9 million coins were mined, which is approximately a quarter of Dash's current supply (as of March 2017).[7][8] Creator and lead developer of Dash, Evan Duffield, attributed the so-called "instamine" to an error in the code "which incorrectly converted the difficulty, then tried using a corrupt value to calculate the subsidy, causing the instamine."[9] Once the problem was resolved, Evan offered to relaunch the coin without the instamine, but the community overwhelmingly disapproved. He then suggested an "airdrop" of coins in order to broaden the initial distribution. The community also disapproved of this proposal. As such, the initial distribution was left alone and development of the project continued.

At the time Dash (then called Xcoin) was launched, the cryptocurrency space was riddled with scams. People were creating new currencies, hyping their value, then dumping them and abandoning the project. Many likely feared the same for Dash. They were wrong(there fixed it).

Its all true...we the community voted to not relaunch, I was one of them.  Your point?
OMG you lying cunt...smh

I care not what you call me or others on here. We know the truth... I have the emails to prove it, and no I will not share them with you or any others of your ilk ... But if you cared about the truth, you will find my comments in this very forum stating that I did not support the need to relaunch.

I have never had such a despicable dialog with someone.  And all your vulgar name calling bugs me not.  I wish you a great evening and fantastic weekend!
Deja

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

Silverlink

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 03:32:35 AM

Dash still has a big room to grow and I trust the moves developers are doing since some months ago, every exponential raise needs to have a little correction so it would be great if Evan could back this coin with some physical asset or company stock; by this way the correction would stop and a new raise could happen.

bigrcanada1

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 03:39:41 AM

Now now...no need to get personal and bring the wine into it.  Thats just not nice!  Wink
bigrcanada1

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 03:52:05 AM

Dash still has a big room to grow and I trust the moves developers are doing since some months ago, every exponential raise needs to have a little correction so it would be great if Evan could back this coin with some physical asset or company stock; by this way the correction would stop and a new raise could happen.

Obviously there is room to grow in the future.  

At todays price of 0.06 thats 120% rise in 30 days, never mind at the height it was 250% up.  Thats a bit outrageous and obviously market manipulation and not healthy.  

Even if DASH went to 0.04 thats a 50% gain in 30 days!!!!  Only in crypto is that looked about as a bad return.  Hell I'd love to increase my wine sales for 50% in the real world, that would be insane.  I think its time for some reality checks here.  If we manage to stay in the 0.05 to 0.06 range that is amazing return.  

Obviously now we know that all of our DASH trolls are market players.  And its now very transparent on what their game is hey...the more power to them.  

Regardless of what is said by any of them...DASH holders have successfully gained on our investment every single year.   And that my friend is far better then my returns when I had my stock broker handling my investments, where 10% a YEAR was considered phenomenal.  So hang in there...enjoy the free speech on our forum.  And have yourself a great weekend.  Peace!  
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 03:52:47 AM

The Carrot looking goofy motherfucker (Duffbar) bombing in a conference when asked about the instamine (Mar 31, 2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYoqjN2e-NY&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

BOOOOOM goes the thermobaric weapon!

Evan admits to still owning 256,000 Instamined Dash; claims he's doing it for The Greater Good(tm).  Roll Eyes

Small wonder Dash is crashing, as Evan's 256k Instamined Dash are liable to be seized by the SEC/IRS/FTC and liquidated at spot market rates.

Its all true...we the community voted to not relaunch, I was one of them.  Your point?

That is a big fat lie, as told by a big fat thug.

Duffiled never held a vote on a "relaunch."  What he (sort of, kind of) did was hold a straw poll on A SHITTY HAREBRAINED AIRDROP.

Do you understand the difference between a RELAUNCH and an AIRDROP?

Of course you do, but you try to conflate the two and confuse noobies regardless, which is why you are a big fat scam shilling thug.

Evan clearly wanted to deflect, discourage, and diffuse support for a relaunch so he took that reasonable/rational option off the table and replaced it with some convoluted airdrop nonsense, which naturally failed to garner sufficient support as it did not actually address and fix the problems only a relaunch would remedy.

The community ONLY voted against an AIRDROP.  The community NEVER voted against a RELAUNCH.

It's disgusting you keep pretending those two utterly distinct concepts are interchangeable.  May your cellar be colonized by brettanomyces and all your corks be tainted.  Wink

Now now...no need to get personal and bring the wine into it.  Thats just not nice!  Wink

And here I thought you had me on Ignore.  Did you click out of morbid curiosity or what?  It's cute that you just can't quit me.

But you're right, I shouldn't have gotten personal and brought the wine into it.  Cheers!   Cheesy

Now that we're on speaking terms again, would you care to address the question of why you are pretending Dash's proposed airdrop was the same thing as a fair relaunch?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigrcanada1

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 04:17:22 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2017, 05:03:24 AM by bigrcanada1

And here I thought you had me on Ignore.  Did you click out of morbid curiosity or what?  It's cute that you just can't quit me.

But you're right, I shouldn't have gotten personal and brought the wine into it.  Cheers!   Cheesy

Now that we're on speaking terms again, would you care to address the question of why you are pretending Dash's proposed airdrop was the same thing as a fair relaunch?

Thanks...I'm going to be honest, as I'll have to go back and read the dialog from back then...I don't remember if it was an air drop or relaunch...and I could be wrong on that.  I just distinctly remember saying to not do anything as no one in the community was taking it all that seriously. I mean the coin at that time was worth nothing... think about it...at that time...2million xcoin was worth less $300,000.00 which was spread across several of the original miners.  The most any of us thought was going to get to was $1 to $2...TOPS!  Peanuts.

It was a weird time, Mt Gox was all over the news....shit was going on everywhere, alts were tanking...no one really had any hope for most of these coins.  In hind site...absolutely I as a community member would have vigorously ask to do something about the situation.

In the context of todays worth...of course there would have been an uproar.  But no one at that time raised a stink about it...including me, just didn't seem that important since xcoin was worthless at that time...who knew, because if any of us did know...we would have leveraged everything we owned to buy up all the coins possible.  

Sure you could make the claim...which is what you are all trying to say was Evan's evil plan from day one was to instamine, knowing that the coin, DASH was going to be worth $100USD.  I mean come on...there were tons of coins back then that had way more hype, peer coin, feather coin, LTC, and small alts like qora and silk were even more relevant then xcoin.

So debate breaks into 2 camps.  Those that believe that the instamine was a mistake and there was no nefarious plan...and those like you that believe it was an evil master plan from day one, that Evan and the original miners knew all along that DASH was going to to $10OUSD.  Bit of a stretch in my opinion.

In the end...only time will tell if Evan and core had evil intentions...or noble ones.  I've picked the later.  

So in the spirit of this discussion...I propose you and I make a friendly wager.  A fine bottle of wine of $200USD value...that Evan stays the course and supports DASH and continues to build on the platform that he and more importantly the core team have set out

or

he and the core team bails...DASH goes no where and implodes into nothing.  I wager that it won't...and I know what side of the fence you are on.

PS. I took everyone off Ignore....except Adam White. Wink
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:11:42 AM

It is pointless to argue about the Instamine with these folks. I don't believe that anyone of them (maybe with the execption of volvoya or smooth back in the day when he cared, that is before he got even richer with the murky steemit launch) actually believes what they are saying. Look at them how they behave here or outside of this thread (Monero speculation thread for instance). They don't give a fuck about justice or fairness, they are just in it for the money or simply trolling.
I mean come on, even some notorious PnD scammers come here and tell us we should discard a project like Dash because a innocent fuck up at the launch nobody cared at the time because of "fairness"? They scam for a living and want to teach us about fairness?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I stumbled upon DRK in April 2014, read the whole story and accepted that the community had solved the problem among themselves and moved on. I am repeating myself here, as we all do, because it keeps popping up and has become a running gag and the trolls do not realize that sentiment has long turned and the joke is on them.
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:58:31 AM

Seriously, people need to get over the instamine.   Everywhere I go, its brought up.   It's old news, get over it!! Evan and the Dev team have done nothing short of a tremendous job and I'm continuously bullish on Dash as I have been for the past 3 years.   I will buy Dash whether its $3 or $10 or $60.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:13:35 AM

BTW, I just noticed those little logos under the nic. So Icey not only became legendary by trolling this thread but also a "Dash Master"? Priceless... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:43:08 AM

Who will win the cryptocurrency war? Dash? Ether? ...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50EywJp0NsE

#dash_force
Pages: « 1 ... 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 6296 6297 6298 6299 6300 6301 6302 6303 6304 6305 6306 6307 [6308] 6309 6310 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 6324 6325 6326 6327 6328 6329 6330 6331 6332 6333 6334 6335 6336 6337 6338 6339 6340 6341 6342 6343 6344 6345 6346 6347 6348 6349 6350 6351 6352 6353 6354 6355 6356 6357 6358 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: