Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:02:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6614 6615 6616 6617 6618 6619 6620 6621 6622 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 6639 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 6655 6656 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 [6664] 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 6670 6671 6672 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:04:36 PM

are you sure?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:30:29 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 12:42:52 PM by qwizzie

demo :

we :

I sense a failure of communication, lets analyse demo16's post to see which rules of effective communication he did not follow :

Edit : oh dear, he did not follow any of the rules  Shocked

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
demo16

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:46:27 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 12:57:01 PM by demo16

Of course I am sure.
Read what the main developer of Duniter said (he said it about ucoin, which is the previous name of duniter)

https://forum.duniter.org/t/objection-in-the-model-of-the-web-of-trust-of-ucoin/764/2

uCoin is already compliant with what you propose, because it can be reduced as a “pubkey selection” problem which is a pure human decision and is not relevant at uCoin software level.

Because uCoin have no idea what a human is, this is an undefined term. uCoin only recognize public keys and relations between them. The WoT rules are here as requirements to avoid massive cheating, and will work even if pubkeys are selected during assemblies. The assemblies would just be an help for people to have confidence in the existence of a unique human behind the key (which is a thing that remains to be proven - I am not convinced).

But If you really want vertical control over the pubkeys that can be members of the community, then you will have to make another software, or at least fork it to behave this way.

Just my opinion.

So you can take the WoT code of duniter (which is currently applied for humans), and apply it to assemblies.
Each assembly should have a unique multisig public key of course, that should be signed by all the participants of the assembly.

Spit the cancer of censorship and of spamming out of the dash forums.
Let's LIBERATE the users/readers of the dash forums, NOW!
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:52:34 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 01:05:10 PM by qwizzie

Will there be another single dot post demo ? or have i ruined that for you now ? I hate to disrupt your spamming strategy in here  Roll Eyes
Lets face it, only spammers post single dot posts right after their own post, dont ask me why they do that ... it does not make sense to me either.
I guess it only makes sense for spammers themself  Undecided

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:04:15 PM

Study: Hard Forks Hinder Mass Cryptocurrency Adoption

A new study published in Springer’s Journal, Environment Systems and Decisions, claims that hardforks are a hindrance to mass adoption of cryptocurrencies.

The study claimed that hardforks create an erosion of trust and decrease consumer confidence in cryptocurrency’s use as a medium of exchange. The study predicted as many as 50 hardforks could still happen this year and studied over 800 hard forks, source code forks and soft forks.

The paper focused on the need for better governance within the cryptocurrency community, but still recognized that traditional governance methods would not mesh with the decentralized nature of cryptocurrency. The study said there is a need to “have a more proactive approach for goal-setting, problem identification, and compromise between those who resist software updates with those who favor more regular updates”.

demo16

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:54:33 PM

Will there be another single dot post demo ? or have i ruined that for you now ? I hate to disrupt your spamming strategy in here  Roll Eyes
Lets face it, only spammers post single dot posts right after their own post, dont ask me why they do that ... it does not make sense to me either.

I just posted the same message twice, and I wanted to discard the second copy. Thats all.
Thats the meaning of the dot message I posted.
The dot simply reminds me the error I did.
If you dont like it, I can delete the dot message entirely.

Spit the cancer of censorship and of spamming out of the dash forums.
Let's LIBERATE the users/readers of the dash forums, NOW!
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:58:19 PM

I just posted the same message twice, and I wanted to discard the second copy. Thats all.
Thats the meaning of the dot message I posted.
The dot simply reminds me the error I did.
If you dont like it, I can delete the dot message entirely.

That makes sense now, good to see you follow the 7 C's again.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:24:52 PM

Dash Added to Brazilian RealExchange Amid Latin American Dash Boom

Dash has been added to the Brazilian cryptocurrency exchange RealExchange in an expansion of Dash’s adoption in the region.

The Brazil-based exchange offers support for a handful of currencies including Dash, Bitcoin, Litecoin, and SmartCash. The exchange also supports fiat trading pairs with the Brazilian real.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:24:05 PM

Entrepreneurs are Making Traveling via Cryptocurrencies Easier

More Stamps Global, which just launched this past August, allows travelers to purchase hotels and flights (domestic and international) with 40 different cryptocurrencies, including Dash, for destinations all around the world.

The Hungarian based company aims to eventually accept up to 300 cryptocurrencies and is a self-described group of “crypto-enthusiasts’ that are “specialized in planning the perfect vacation customized to consumers’ interests”. Their founder and CEO, Patrick Amoah, said via their website that their “search for a better travel means led [them] to blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies, equipping them with a potent weapon to revolutionize the travel and tourism sector”. Their main page boast flights such as London to Ibiza, Sydney to Jakarta, New York to Paris, hotels in Rome, Dubai, and many more destinations and itineraries for relatively affordable rates.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:05:10 PM

Payment Apps Quickly Replacing Cash, Cryptocurrency Offers Best of Both

Payment apps are on the rise as cash fades from use, opening a place in the payments space for cryptocurrency.

The usage of payment apps such as Venmo, PayPal, Zelle, and others is on the rise, particularly among members of younger generations, who frequently use them for peer-to-peer payments instead of cash. These apps provide the experience of using a banking service for purchases while allowing for easy payments between individuals. Zelle alone, launched mid-2017, has already processed over 320 million transactions in a little over a year, underscoring the growing popularity of these services as cash becomes more and more rarely used. This does, however, come at the cost of user control over funds at all times, as well as privacy, when paying via third-party service with identification requirements.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:51:20 PM

Payment Apps Quickly Replacing Cash, Cryptocurrency Offers Best of Both

Payment apps are on the rise as cash fades from use, opening a place in the payments space for cryptocurrency.

The usage of payment apps such as Venmo, PayPal, Zelle, and others is on the rise, particularly among members of younger generations, who frequently use them for peer-to-peer payments instead of cash. These apps provide the experience of using a banking service for purchases while allowing for easy payments between individuals. Zelle alone, launched mid-2017, has already processed over 320 million transactions in a little over a year, underscoring the growing popularity of these services as cash becomes more and more rarely used. This does, however, come at the cost of user control over funds at all times, as well as privacy, when paying via third-party service with identification requirements.

Been observing this for quite a while now and this has been becoming the norm especially for the "millennials" nowadays. They are really into making fast transactions (buying clothes, grabbing some food, getting groceries) in which these apps and cryptocurrencies can give. The only thing that is alarming is that they are also very lenient in providing their personal information just to make those transactions be faster than normal. And they will realize the importance of it after experiencing bad situations due to their identities being stolen by criminals.

I'm just hoping that they will dig deeper into cryptocurrencies especially with Dash and see the features that this coin offers. They also need to see that these features coaligns with what they want and need in their generation: fast transactions with pseudonymity.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 11:40:04 PM

Spending a half of hour to read recent pages of the ANN topic and DASH forum, I felt that the DASH project has been expanded very well to more aspects, widened to more potential customers.
In general, bright future to come in the rest months this year and in the year of 2019.
Agreed. In Dash Nation, we concentrate on adoption over short-term price movements. We know that if we succeed in our mission to make Dash a dominant currency and payment platform, the value of Dash will have no choice but rise due to supply and demand. It’s a challenge we are undertaking head-on, and it’s nice to see comments such as yours that indicate our efforts are being noticed. Cheers!

Bitcoin Miners

Activity: 440
Merit: 100

Roobet

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:06:59 AM

Agreed. In Dash Nation, we concentrate on adoption over short-term price movements. We know that if we succeed in our mission to make Dash a dominant currency and payment platform, the value of Dash will have no choice but rise due to supply and demand. It’s a challenge we are undertaking head-on, and it’s nice to see comments such as yours that indicate our efforts are being noticed. Cheers!
Agree with both of you, guys.
Dash project has gone far away from its beginning.
Moreover, over the last three months, the project has gone through very hard time, with general bearish market and massive fudding campaigns from fudsters as their efforts to force the project down.
Fortunately, the DASH team have done amazing works to wipe out fudsters.
Thanks for all great works related to both developments and stop fudding waves in DASH community.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 06:45:35 AM
Merited by JGCMiner (1)

First of all, I like the uniqueness of the idea of your project. And also how much effort you put to improve it. Good job, devs.

Thank you for your kind words!

Agree with both of you, guys.
Dash project has gone far away from its beginning.
Moreover, over the last three months, the project has gone through very hard time, with general bearish market and massive fudding campaigns from fudsters as their efforts to force the project down.
Fortunately, the DASH team have done amazing works to wipe out fudsters.
Thanks for all great works related to both developments and stop fudding waves in DASH community.

This is as a result of fair but firm moderation in our official forums. People who like to spread unsubstantiated narratives don’t gain much traction because it’s against our posted “Dash Nation” rules. Respectful and dignified discourse, even fact-based criticism on the other hand is welcomed, and that’s why you’ve seen an explosion in productivity and community growth. Respect earns respect, and like-minded folks are attracted to that. Dash Nation won’t rest until Dash becomes the currency and payment network of choice for global finance, and we work towards that every day.

UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 10:29:35 AM
Merited by afbitcoins (2)

Dash Core 0.12.3.3 Release Announcement

Dash Core 0.12.3.3 is a critical bugfix release of the Dash Core 0.12.3.x series.

There was a serious vulnerability discovered in Bitcoin Core's codebase recently which
can cause node receiving a specially crafted block to crash https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14247

We encourage all full node operators (masternodes, mining pools, explorers, exchanges etc.) to update ASAP.

Full release notes are available at https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/v0.12.3.3/doc/release-notes.md,
release binaries can be downloaded from https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases/tag/v0.12.3.3.

Note: this release does NOT require masternode owners to start their masternodes from cold wallets.
Masternode operators should stop the daemon running on a remote node, replace old binaries with the new ones and start the daemon again.

Same ann on github:
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases/tag/v0.12.3.3

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
espressodelisi

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:51:53 PM

Dash Core 0.12.3.3 Release Announcement

Dash Core 0.12.3.3 is a critical bugfix release of the Dash Core 0.12.3.x series.

There was a serious vulnerability discovered in Bitcoin Core's codebase recently which
can cause node receiving a specially crafted block to crash https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14247

We encourage all full node operators (masternodes, mining pools, explorers, exchanges etc.) to update ASAP.

Full release notes are available at https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/v0.12.3.3/doc/release-notes.md,
release binaries can be downloaded from https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases/tag/v0.12.3.3.

Note: this release does NOT require masternode owners to start their masternodes from cold wallets.
Masternode operators should stop the daemon running on a remote node, replace old binaries with the new ones and start the daemon again.

Same ann on github:
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases/tag/v0.12.3.3

Thanks for the update.

Downloaded and installed the new version over my desktop wallet (linux mint 64bit). it works without problems.
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:15:30 PM

Dash Text SMS Wallet Launches in Venezuela Enabling Transactions Without Internet

Dash Text, a wallet service enabling Dash transactions via SMS message, has launched its public beta in Venezuela.

The service operates Dash wallets by SMS-based commands, sent to a five-digit shortcode similar to those used in popular SMS voting. This enables anyone with a cell phone of any kind to transact in Dash without an internet connection, a particular bonus in a country where only 40% of the population has access to a smartphone, and which has experienced electrical and internet outages due to its ongoing economic crisis.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:14:30 PM

Hedge Fund Doubts Litecoin's Viability, How Does Dash Measure Up?

The crypto-fund Multicoin Capital has released an in-depth analysis on why they believe the arguments in favor of bull market movements for Litecoin are weak and do not stand up to scrutiny.

The paper started off by disclosing that the firm is short Litecoin and went into saying “Litecoin is a relic of the pre-smart contract platform crypto ecosystem” and is on the decline. The paper listed many reasons that included market maturation, negative catalysts such as Segwit and Lightning Network reducing the need for Litecoin, lack of funding to the Litecoin Foundation, and Charlie Lee’s divestment from Litecoin. The paper then goes on to discuss these and other attributes in more detail and debunks common arguments that are used to support Litecoin due to inaccuracies or insufficient evidence.

mightwalker

Activity: 266
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 05:31:10 PM

One of the most potential masternode coins which I really care about. Hope your project will grow and have the supportive community.

imusify.com ❰        Award winning blockchain music platform        ❱ imusify.com
SoulRey

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:50:57 PM

Respected community Dash, there is such project as UCOM and think with their hand there is most that not there is theft logo dash, here is the reference on their branch on forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2312421.0 it's not like not advertising this project, but they just turned it over and use it as their own logo. For me it is unacceptable and developers Dasha is this something to solve if only You had not given its consent for its use.
Pages: « 1 ... 6614 6615 6616 6617 6618 6619 6620 6621 6622 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 6639 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 6655 6656 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 [6664] 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 6670 6671 6672 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: