Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:27:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6620 6621 6622 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 6639 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 6655 6656 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 6664 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 [6670] 6671 6672 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722506 times)
Sandude

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:27:31 PM

Hi.

If any of you has some DASH and wants to participate in a collective MN, we have just started collecting for one on https://stakecube.net

Our fee is just 2% of the MN rewards.

Just check us out or come to our discord if you have any questions and we'll be happy to help you.

https://discord.gg/ctX95c9

What about AML/KYC ?
Is it mandatory in order to participate in your collective MN?

Spit the cancer of censorship and of spamming out of the dash forums.
Let's LIBERATE the users/readers of the dash forums, NOW!

No, none of that is mandatory, we don't need to know who you are at all.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:28:02 PM

Visa CEO Downplays Technological Advances of Cryptocurrencies and Blockchains

Visa CEO, Alfred F. Kelly Jr, recently claimed that blockchains and cryptocurrencies will not be useful to the credit card company and Visa is already a great fintech accomplishment.

Kelly added during his speech at Boston College Executives’ Club in the United States that blockchains and cryptocurrencies were designed to handle low-volume and high-value transactions. Kelly then argued that Visa provides the exact opposite of these types of transactions and said that cryptocurrencies and blockchains are “an interesting technology…[but] t isn’t really at its core, for us, a good technology.” He also added that he believed that cryptocurrencies could never reach the level of transactions that Visa currently handles.

GKar

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:44:56 PM

Having trouble getting Windows 64-bit Core wallet v12.3.3  to send a transaction.
I have connections and fully synced. Wallet is unlocked.
Have all fields filled and when I click send; nothing happens.  

Also asking this in discord support room

Are you trying to send a transaction through PrivateSend ?
If yes the problem could be related to the balance of your mixed amount (some of your input amounts could require more mixing).
This can be fixed by either doing more mixing or by lowering your rounds to mix.

Also when I use my windows wallet, I don't unlock the whole wallet before sending a transaction. I just make a transaction and provide the passphrase in the pop-up screen.
Try to make a transaction without having your wallet unlocked, to see if that makes a difference.

You can also use coin control in your wallet to select specific input amounts for a transaction, to see if you can get a transaction through that way.

Not using PrivateSend. I did try via coin control. Have tried with wallet locked & unlocked; made no difference.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:00:09 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2018, 04:44:54 PM by qwizzie

Having trouble getting Windows 64-bit Core wallet v12.3.3  to send a transaction.
I have connections and fully synced. Wallet is unlocked.
Have all fields filled and when I click send; nothing happens.  

Also asking this in discord support room

Are you trying to send a transaction through PrivateSend ?
If yes the problem could be related to the balance of your mixed amount (some of your input amounts could require more mixing).
This can be fixed by either doing more mixing or by lowering your rounds to mix.

Also when I use my windows wallet, I don't unlock the whole wallet before sending a transaction. I just make a transaction and provide the passphrase in the pop-up screen.
Try to make a transaction without having your wallet unlocked, to see if that makes a difference.

You can also use coin control in your wallet to select specific input amounts for a transaction, to see if you can get a transaction through that way.

Not using PrivateSend. I did try via coin control. Have tried with wallet locked & unlocked; made no difference.

To check while Dash is running :

- check if your Windows wallet (monitor) has the same block as latest block on this block explorer : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/
- check if your Windows wallet has the same balance as this block explorer : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/  (fill in your Dash receive address and then press enter, if you have multiple Dash receive addresses then check them all)
- check if you have encrypted your wallet (i assume you did as you are talking about unlocking your wallet)

To check after Dash has been stopped by you :

- download your Windows wallet from official source again here : https://www.dash.org/wallets/ (make sure you download Dash Core Win/64 as a ZIP file)
- extract the dash-qt.exe located in the "bin" folder of that ZIP file and replace your older dash-qt.exe on your pc with this new one (use Winrar if necessary to extract)
- start wallet again and try a new transaction

If all above does not help then : contact the Dash Service Desk (https://support.dash.org/en/support/home) by creating a new support ticket there.
You can also create a new thread about your problem here : https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/daemon-and-qt-wallet-support.64/

Or you can follow this guide to force a wallet recovery, which hopefully also fixes your transaction problem : https://docs.dash.org/en/latest/wallets/recovery.html#dashcore-restore (just make sure you create a backup of your wallet first).
If you end up installing the whole blockchain from scratch for some reason, then be informed that Dash also has a bootstrap that helps with downloading the whole blockchain : https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:29:05 PM

Dash Talk Discord Server Launches

In order to improve the Dash community’s cohesion and discourse experience, and to preserve its decentralization and freedom of speech, several prominent community moderators have created a new Discord chat server, Dash Talk. This server was created and fine-tuned privately, but is now open for use by the general public, and features a few improvements over previous iterations including:

Public Moderation Logs: All moderator actions are logged in a publicly viewable channel. This is to ensure maximum transparency and prevent abuses of authority, as well as keep a record in case of honest mistakes.

Moderation Consensus: No major moderation issue is engaged in unilaterally, but instead through a consensus of moderators. This is to prevent abuse and preserve decentralization of the community.

Moderator Coverage Hours: To avoid situations where moderators are unavailable during certain hours and disruptive members are able to deteriorate the community experience, explicit moderator coverage is listed so users know exactly who will be available to help. The eventual goal is to expand explicit coverage 24/7, but the community will be well-moderated in the meantime.

Streamlined Rule Set: Dash Talk has a simple, streamlined rule set rather than a long list of bureaucratic regulations that can harm user experience or police communication styles. In short, be respectful and not disruptive.

Additionally, the Dash Force 3 Amigos “Afterparty” following each week’s podcast will now take place in Dash Talk.

Feel free to invite anyone and everyone to join who you feel would benefit from free, open, friendly discourse about all things Dash by using this link, or going to StayDashy.com. See you there!

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:31:39 PM

New Cryptocurrency Exchange Furthers Dash Integration in Venezuela

CoinCola, the Hong Kong-based cryptocurrency exchange, will be entering Venezuela as a new market and will simultaneously integrate Dash.

The exchange features over-the-counter trades (OTC) and coin-to-coin trades and now Dash trades, but their Dash services will be limited to Venezuelans. The press release cited how Venezuelan hyperinflation is creating a shortage of basic food and amenities, which has created a demand for cryptocurrencies as a more stable option and as a way to get around capital controls. The press release also cited how Dash has surged recently in Venezuela making it one of the top cryptocurrency choices in the country.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 09:24:04 PM

Burying The Hatchet: Let's Move On For Dash

http://www.dashnation.com/news/burying-the-hatchet-lets-move-on-for-dash/

#DashNation #CashAlternative

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:33:34 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-bug-exploited-on-crypto-fork-as-attacker-prints-235-million-pigeoncoins/

A severe bug discovered just weeks ago in bitcoin's code has been exploited – albeit on a lesser-known cryptocurrency.

The developers behind the pigeoncoin cryptocurrency confirmed the exploit to CoinDesk on Tuesday, reporting that an unknown miner successfully took advantage of the bug on September 26th,
showcasing in the wild how it could have been used on bitcoin by printing 235 million coins worth about $15,000.

That's because while the severe inflation bug was patched on bitcoin, other coins that have borrowed bitcoin's public code over the years are still vulnerable (if they haven't corrected their code).
If exploited, the bug gives an attacker the ability to print as many coins as they want, going even above the hard-coded limitations on supply cryptocurrencies often have and decreasing the value
of all the other coins investors hold.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 11:42:16 PM

I guess I'm a neutral on this as I've never yet frequented the places where Tao is a moderator. I am a fan of the work the Dash Force guys do. For my part I hope it blows over smoothly which is what Tao seems to now be trying to do. In his own words, choice is good.

Banning trolls is one thing, but this seems to be a different scale. Perhaps in hindsight Tao's expansion into Dash Forums (and other places) is or was getting a tad monopolistic. So now there is a new channel. Maybe demo will find a voice there?

I have stated on here that I view Tao as a respected member of the community and I stand by that. I particularly remember his welcoming help when I was very new to Dash myself. Which I am still appreciative of.

However perhaps I prefer unmoderated environments afterall, which is why I hang out here?

tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 04:24:06 AM

Dash Talk Discord Server Launches

~
Thank you very much for launching the DASH Talk Discord Server.
I waited for it for too long.
For now, I can join the channel and enjoy valuable real-time communication there from DASH team and others in the community.
It is much helpful for DASH community.

Note:
The server should state clearly about potential scammers who always try to fake the account names of admins/ mods, etc.
Users should pay their attention on user IDs at first and should not allow anyone connections to their wallets/ computers, even someone who has account names of devs/ admins/ mods, etc.
demo16

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:58:44 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2018, 07:11:52 AM by demo16

I guess I'm a neutral on this as I've never yet frequented the places where Tao is a moderator. I am a fan of the work the Dash Force guys do. For my part I hope it blows over smoothly which is what Tao seems to now be trying to do. In his own words, choice is good.

Banning trolls is one thing, but this seems to be a different scale. Perhaps in hindsight Tao's expansion into Dash Forums (and other places) is or was getting a tad monopolistic. So now there is a new channel. Maybe demo will find a voice there?

I am already in the new Dash Discord Channel, and I enjoy the freedom of talk there.

Dash Discord has been liberated.

I hope that the official Dashtalk.org forum will also be liberated soon from the harsh and non-voted rule of Tao.

Stop the cancer of censorship. Death is a form of censorship, and censorship is a form of death.

Spit the cancer of censorship and of spamming out of the dash forums.
Let's LIBERATE the users/readers of the dash forums, NOW!

WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:10:55 PM

Are we ever going to hear from Evan again?
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:29:45 PM

Indian Cryptocurrency Exchange Shuts Down, Highlights Importance of Censorship Resistant Money

ZebPay, one of India’s oldest and largest cryptocurrency exchanges, has shut down its operations from the Indian government’s indecisiveness on cryptocurrencies.

The Indian government has not made official laws with regards to trading cryptocurrencies, but back in April 2018, the Reserve Bank of India issued a notice to banks that prohibited them from dealing in cryptocurrencies. Thus, ZebPay’s blog post cited “[t]he curb on bank accounts has crippled our, and our customer’s, ability to transact business meaningfully” as reasons for them shutting down. The post added that “[a]t this point, we are unable to find a reasonable way to conduct the cryptocurrency exchange business”.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:16:37 PM

Cryptocurrencies Can Solve the Triffin Dilemma, Argues St. Louis Fed Economist

David Andolfatto, an economist with the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank hosted a Twitter Q&A where he answered affirmatively to a user’s question as to if cryptocurrencies could solve the 50-year old Triffin Dilemma.

The Triffin Dilemma refers to the problem where a currencies’ global reserve status causes a natural conflict between national and global monetary interests. Andolfatto went on to describe the difficulties of the Triffin Dilemma and how cryptocurrencies can help solve it.

SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:37:20 AM

Are we ever going to hear from Evan again?

I wonder if he still feels sufficient incentive to return and keep working on this. I mean seriously, he is probably sitting on a huge load of money. Maybe hard to motivate yourself again then.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:36:36 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 12:46:28 PM by qwizzie

Venezuela’s Oil-Backed Petro Appears to Be a ‘Blatant’ Copy of Dash
https://www.ccn.com/venezuelas-oil-backed-petro-appears-to-be-a-blatant-copy-of-dash/

Shocked

Even our "duffs" (see Amount) got copy pasted, poor duffs Sad

First other cryptoprojects copied Dash
Then a whole country copied Dash
Then the whole world ends up copying Dash

Hmm, on second thought i can live with that, lets make those duffs famous !!  Grin

Immortality is not a gift, Immortality is an achievement; And only those who strive mightily Shall possess it.
- Edgar Lee Masters

To immortalize or not to immortalize, that is the question.
- Author unknown

solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:39:39 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 02:07:15 PM by solowhizkid

DASH Review - (Vietnamese)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5akHLZ-UOuQ

#dash_force

https://www.ccn.com/venezuelas-oil-backed-petro-appears-to-be-a-blatant-copy-of-dash/

#dash_force

Petro Whitepaper a “Dash Clone” – ETH Developer

https://www.cryptodigest.com/ptr/petro-whitepaper-a-dash-clone-eth-developer/

#dash_force
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:22:04 PM

~
Personally, I simply call the Whitepaper of Petro is a totally plagiarised Whitepaper with original ideas / contents come from DASH Whitepaper.
It simply demonstrated that DASH project has big things behinds, so others have willings to use ideas, words, and contents from DASH Whitepaper.

It certainly is good advertising for Dash, i agree.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:34:33 PM

Major New Hampshire Auto Dealership Accepts Dash, Sells First Car for Dash

A major auto dealership in New Hampshire has begun to accept Dash for payments, has sold its first Dash car, and is running a Dash-exclusive promotion.

AutoFair in Merrimack, New Hampshire recently began accepting Dash payments, one of the first major retailers in the region to do so. The first vehicle sold for Dash, a 2012 Ford Fusion, was paid for up front entirely in Dash. The purchase was made in person via mobile wallet to the merchant’s tablet, which was running the Anypay cryptocurrency point-of-sale app. Additionally, the dealership is running a promotion through the Anypay system to provide “Dash-back” to the next four car purchases, giving an extra 5% of the purchase price to the merchant and 5% to the customer, for a total of 10% of the car’s value capped at $1,000. This initiative was funded by the Dash treasury and is intended to incentivize retail Dash purchases.

gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:22:21 PM

In the document, the government explains the cryptocurrency will use the X11 mining algorithm, just like Dash does, and will include an “Instant Send” feature that, per the whitepaper, is active by default.

While the Instant Send feature is present in Dash, Venezuela touts it’s one of Petro’s “most important characteristics.”

Very interesting. I was wondering how they can handle it when their country currency suddently takes minutes for each transfer.

Takeing the InstantSend feature form DASH and makeing it a default on is a very logical choose. You can't have a real country currency when it is not instant transferable.

That InstantSend feature is why DASH has very good cards for global adaptions.
Pages: « 1 ... 6620 6621 6622 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 6639 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 6655 6656 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 6664 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 [6670] 6671 6672 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: