Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 6721 6722 6723 6724 6725 6726 6727 6728 6729 6730 6731 6732 6733 6734 6735 6736 6737 6738 6739 6740 6741 [6742] 6743 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:02:58 PM

Hundreds of Dash Masternodes Offline As Network Tightens Performance Standards

The Dash network has tightened its standards for masternodes, resulting in hundreds of nodes going offline due to the new performance requirements.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tungi17

Activity: 319
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 12:05:50 AM

Dash Investment Foundation vote is live at https://difvote.dash.org until July 2nd 23:59 UTC. Dash Watch has created a candidate profile page at https://dashwatchbeta.org/elections?tab=candidates&election=DIF2019 , and will continue to update the page as more profiles are received. The participation tab will be updated daily to reflect the percentage of Masternodes that have voted.

Dash Watch will be conducting video QA sessions with candidates next week, please submit questions you would like asked  to Discord <@!367421571704553482>-Al or by emailing us at team@dashwatch.org.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 12:56:57 PM

Approaching G20 Guidelines Place Identification Regulations on Cryptocurrency Transactions over $1,000 Dollars

On June 21, the Financial Action Task Force, a multinational task force charged with combating money laundering and financing of terrorism, will release a new note on how the participating countries should treat cryptocurrencies.

DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 03:19:30 PM

Thank Joel....great article.  It encapsulates everything I've thought...and the reason why I've backed DASH this whole time.  OG crypto ecosystem just doesn't get it.  That is why Bitcoin adoption has stopped growing and is in fact shrinking.  It is why all these other "crypto" projects wont succeed either.  They are built and run by fringe members of society like cyber punks and crypto anarchists that don't value the rest of society.  And thus will always fail in mass adoption because they can't relate.

It would be sad if dash gave up on anonymity and would allow mass surveilance on its users.
But that is what it has to do if it wants to get positive reviews from the western fake news media in the future.
However we already have such a coin its called "Ripple" thus theres no need for another one.

There are plenty coins with transparent blockchain, mainly bitcoin clones that get absolutely no attention at all.
Dash would not privacy would be Dash without fungibility, I am sure no one in the community can seriously consider that as a viable option.

Have I missed anything important or what is this discussion about? DASH isn't considering giving up on anonymity, is it?

That is an old thread you are quoting, and if you read the initial post and the replies that followed carefully then you know this is not about a consideration on giving up on anonymity. It's about an opinion raised in the first post  that Dash will never get any real love from the Bitcoin community even if there was no instamine, or even if Dash did not develop the anonymity / privacy part. The first post goes into the why of that opinion (providing social and cultural reasons).

Personally I believe Dash perception and image has been improved this year, after it kept integrating, expanding and following through on its long road towards Dash Evolution and thereby making Dash both more easy to use and more easy to obtain. I guess we changed from the black sheep of the crypto scene to the somewhat more greyish sheep of the crypto scene  Undecided

Do you really think DASH has ever been the black sheep of the scene? I mean there have been massive scams out there and DASH can neither count into that category nor be a category of its own in that regard.

What i do know is that Dash for a time was under constant attacks by trolls, had (and still has) difficulty getting any references (positive or negative) on Coindesk and was constantly hammered on its instamine history. This by itself could give people the impression that Dash was viewed
as the black sheep of the market. That impression does not necessarily mean it should be viewed as fact, and the article that
started this all was an opinion article so far i can tell.

Personally i rather view Dash as a crypto project in an underdog position (especially in the early years) fighting for regnonition of its achievements, rather then viewing it as a black sheep.

True although the instamine story wasn't wrong was it? Then again you could argue that the distribution of most of the coins is questionable.

No, the instamine story was not wrong. Trolls just tried really hard to falsely tie it all to a premine and a scam. Also a lot of other crypto projects had questionable distribution / startup problems.

instamine = mining instantly after launch to grab tremendous amount of coins by the founder and his friends to be later on placed as collateral to dictate the future of dash.

yup the instamine story was not wrong  Wink

Yes, the problem is that also master nodes are involved so there is an issue with a perhaps unfair distribution in the beginning.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 05:17:48 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2019, 05:37:53 PM by NibiruHybrid

Dash and Augmented Reality App Aircoins Partner in Global Treasure Hunt

Dash has partnered with augmented reality (AR) app Aircoins to drop Dash in select cities around the world.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 05:35:23 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2019, 05:55:15 PM by qwizzie

Its good to see someone like DrearyUrbanite give ariel a bit of attention. Poor little mermaid troll was withering away because of the lack of real sincere attention
she gets in here...  Roll Eyes

If anyone wonders about that lack of real sincere attention towards ariel :

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 06:01:31 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2019, 07:43:57 PM by arielbit

Thank Joel....great article.  It encapsulates everything I've thought...and the reason why I've backed DASH this whole time.  OG crypto ecosystem just doesn't get it.  That is why Bitcoin adoption has stopped growing and is in fact shrinking.  It is why all these other "crypto" projects wont succeed either.  They are built and run by fringe members of society like cyber punks and crypto anarchists that don't value the rest of society.  And thus will always fail in mass adoption because they can't relate.

It would be sad if dash gave up on anonymity and would allow mass surveilance on its users.
But that is what it has to do if it wants to get positive reviews from the western fake news media in the future.
However we already have such a coin its called "Ripple" thus theres no need for another one.

There are plenty coins with transparent blockchain, mainly bitcoin clones that get absolutely no attention at all.
Dash would not privacy would be Dash without fungibility, I am sure no one in the community can seriously consider that as a viable option.

Have I missed anything important or what is this discussion about? DASH isn't considering giving up on anonymity, is it?

That is an old thread you are quoting, and if you read the initial post and the replies that followed carefully then you know this is not about a consideration on giving up on anonymity. It's about an opinion raised in the first post  that Dash will never get any real love from the Bitcoin community even if there was no instamine, or even if Dash did not develop the anonymity / privacy part. The first post goes into the why of that opinion (providing social and cultural reasons).

Personally I believe Dash perception and image has been improved this year, after it kept integrating, expanding and following through on its long road towards Dash Evolution and thereby making Dash both more easy to use and more easy to obtain. I guess we changed from the black sheep of the crypto scene to the somewhat more greyish sheep of the crypto scene  Undecided

Do you really think DASH has ever been the black sheep of the scene? I mean there have been massive scams out there and DASH can neither count into that category nor be a category of its own in that regard.

What i do know is that Dash for a time was under constant attacks by trolls, had (and still has) difficulty getting any references (positive or negative) on Coindesk and was constantly hammered on its instamine history. This by itself could give people the impression that Dash was viewed
as the black sheep of the market. That impression does not necessarily mean it should be viewed as fact, and the article that
started this all was an opinion article so far i can tell.

Personally i rather view Dash as a crypto project in an underdog position (especially in the early years) fighting for regnonition of its achievements, rather then viewing it as a black sheep.

True although the instamine story wasn't wrong was it? Then again you could argue that the distribution of most of the coins is questionable.

No, the instamine story was not wrong. Trolls just tried really hard to falsely tie it all to a premine and a scam. Also a lot of other crypto projects had questionable distribution / startup problems.

instamine = mining instantly after launch to grab tremendous amount of coins by the founder and his friends to be later on placed as collateral to dictate the future of dash.

yup the instamine story was not wrong  Wink

Yes, the problem is that also master nodes are involved so there is an issue with a perhaps unfair distribution in the beginning.

they wanted it, here is a statement on the instamine by one of the foundation member/insider of dash team....it was meant to be unfair since day 1, they didn't admit it at first  Cheesy

instamine was brilliant.  In fact...its now my belief that any successful coin must either premine or instamine to actually fuel a full dev team and a full blown project.  We are creating a system to compete with fiat...not a crypto nerd token. Gone are the days when Bitcoin started when no one really knew what or where this was all going.  

To create a system that will compete with any real money system will take 10's of millions of dollars in development and foundation building.  It will take millions of dollars to actually fuel properly.  You don't attempt what DASH is trying to do with childish dice games on shady gambling sites, donations or what ever charity one can cook up.

Instamined or Ninja Mined and even Premined...is a must.

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OC/pages/19759164/Dash+Instamine+Issue+Clarification
Facts about the instamine
1. There was no pre-mine in Dash
2. ~1.86MM first 24h, ~2.02MM first 48h according to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#@inflation
3. That represents approximately 10-15% of the total money supply that will ever be issued
4. This coin issue rate exceeded the published emission schedule by a wide margin

looking at number 3, that amount of coins in masternodes, how many coins those  (~1.86MM first 24h, ~2.02MM first 48h) earned through 2019?? that's the new golden question.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 06:16:17 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2019, 07:25:23 PM by qwizzie

Interesting youtube video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahk4XROQ-bE

Never mind, this youtube link was already mentioned in original post (which i overlook).

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Sellman

Activity: 406
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 10:51:19 PM

@DrearyUrbanite, @arielbit, please don't use such nested quote because it makes us harder to see what you discusssed and difficult to scroll over touchpads or computer mouse just to read all posts in one page.
Please avoid this.
Tungi17

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 12:56:30 AM

This week (June 13) at Dash Core Group!

- Dash Corev0.14: DIP8 (ChainLock enforcement) has locked in and will activate between 6/16–6/17
- Additional SPV work on Dash Platform and reviewed Identities & Names implementation
- Coded new price source for DashWallet (iOS + Android)
- More Dash Core v0.14 support work on DashWallet (iOS+ Android) and migrated to Porto devnet

https://blog.dash.org/product-update-june-13-2019-9a7d80a45b06
Tungi17

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 01:13:53 AM

Starting NOW you can find, collect, and withdraw Dash in Augmented Reality! Dash is available to find on Aircoins globally! An amazing, fun way to collect Dash in AR! Download the Aircoins App and coins including Dash will appear nearby.

To celebrate Dash on Aircoins they will have 1 full Dash for users to search and collect in 10 major cities around the world. New York, Amsterdam, Bangkok & Medellin are up first. Stay tuned for more cities and happy hunting!

https://youtu.be/Ahk4XROQ-bE

+

Vaultoro Sneek Peek : Dash / Gold Pair
https://youtu.be/Ifv57w2ALc4
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 12:51:33 PM

Survey: Cryptocurrency Use is Limited Despite Consumer Desire to Spend

A new survey by BitBay, a Polish-based cryptocurrency exchange, showed that their customers do not heavily use cryptocurrency currently, but have a desire to spend cryptocurrency.

solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 02:19:17 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2019, 02:35:07 PM by solowhizkid

The Path To Evolution Is Behind Dash’s Resurgence

https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/06/14/the-path-to-evolution-is-behind-dashs-resurgence-add-5-4/

#dash_force

Users Can Find, Collect, And Send Dash (DASH) Cryptocurrency Worldwide Using Aircoins App

https://www.owltmarket.com/users-can-find-collect-and-send-dash-dash-cryptocurrency-worldwide-using-aircoins-app/

#dash_force

Dash pick up? Available in the virtual currency AR app "Eakoinzu" (In Japanese)

https://jp.cointelegraph.com/news/pick-up-dash-with-crypto-currency-ar-app-aircoins

#dash_force
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 04:14:05 PM

Today tried to use my Keepkey to send some dash and received the following error "Encountered invalid prevhash”

I've contacted support but no response yet.   Running OSX Mojave, Keepkey firmware 6.1, KeepKey Client 6.1.0.5

Any amount doesn't seem to work but after trying dozens of times I finally got a 5 Dash transaction to go,  unable to repeat that though.   Tried various address, can't seem to get the coins off there.

Thoughts?   Did the normal stuff,  uninstall, reinstall, update firmware, reboot, VPN on vs Off...
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 04:49:41 PM

Today tried to use my Keepkey to send some dash and received the following error "Encountered invalid prevhash”

I've contacted support but no response yet.   Running OSX Mojave, Keepkey firmware 6.1, KeepKey Client 6.1.0.5

Any amount doesn't seem to work but after trying dozens of times I finally got a 5 Dash transaction to go,  unable to repeat that though.   Tried various address, can't seem to get the coins off there.

Thoughts?   Did the normal stuff,  uninstall, reinstall, update firmware, reboot, VPN on vs Off...

This looks similar to your problem, see last post for possible fix
https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/issues/29

etherixdevs

Activity: 203
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 05:10:20 PM

Starting NOW you can find, collect, and withdraw Dash in Augmented Reality! Dash is available to find on Aircoins globally! An amazing, fun way to collect Dash in AR! Download the Aircoins App and coins including Dash will appear nearby.

To celebrate Dash on Aircoins they will have 1 full Dash for users to search and collect in 10 major cities around the world. New York, Amsterdam, Bangkok & Medellin are up first. Stay tuned for more cities and happy hunting!

https://youtu.be/Ahk4XROQ-bE

+

Vaultoro Sneek Peek : Dash / Gold Pair
https://youtu.be/Ifv57w2ALc4

This is a very nice game. When can we have more info about this?
Tungi17

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 01:27:21 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2019, 03:24:47 AM by Tungi17

DASH iOS Wallet is also cross compatible with the Apple Watch Series 4 Watch OS5 !!! You can receive funds by displaying the QR code , on the go!
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dash-wallet/id1206647026

+
You can view live DASH prices on Apple Watch using “ Crypto Pro” app.
https://youtu.be/B0i77DKP0HE
Sellman

Activity: 406
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 03:54:12 AM
Merited by qwizzie (1)

There are still hundreds of DASH masternodes that have been banned from the network, so I would prefer to remind you all (masternode investors), if you see this post, please upgrade your wallets, re-config your nodes to come back. It is good not only for yourself (income from masternodes) but also for DASH network, that need power of your nodes.
More details are there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5115659.msg51469445#msg51469445
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 01:20:11 PM

Dash Podcast 108 feat. Aircoins CEO Emal Safi and CMO Brian Kitchin

Video re-post of episode 108 of the Dash News podcast. This week we had special guests Aircoins CEO Emal Safi and CMO Brian Kitchin.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 05:17:45 PM

This Week in Dash: June 10th - June 15th

This week continues to be another amazing week for Dash with new integrations, developments, and general news. Continue reading below to get a summary of the week.

Pages: « 1 ... 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 6721 6722 6723 6724 6725 6726 6727 6728 6729 6730 6731 6732 6733 6734 6735 6736 6737 6738 6739 6740 6741 [6742] 6743 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: