Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:34:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 [6983] 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722522 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 21, 2021, 10:29:02 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2021, 11:04:51 PM by toknormal

DASH is rising in price because of internal demand to stake a trustless DASH Masternode which is seeing thousands of DASH removed from exchange orderbooks

Could be yes, could be not. I see 4516 nodes. You see ~4700 using your metrics. Either way it's the change in MN count that causes the price rise. Once it reaches the new equilibrium stable nodecount that's when we get the problem again - of cancerous free monetary issuance tanking the price as it spills onto exchanges.

i.e. you're proving my point - that it's the 1st derivative of masternode count that causes the marketcap growth, not the count itself. Therefore a strategy is needed to optimise marketcap when masternode growth rate is zero. That is the strategy I outlined here (and quantified here) so that we could more intelligently target the "sweet-spot" optimal store-of-value performance point illustrated here.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 21, 2021, 11:03:35 PM

Therefore a strategy is needed to optimise marketcap when growth rate is zero.
and we have activated that strategy, we are moving more of the block rewards to the masternodes to reward them for their investment.  This is fostering the ongoing investment into masternodes and mopping up the circulating supply.  Refer to https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/introduction/features.html#block-reward-allocation  for the implemented schedule and Ryan TAYLOR's discussion of the topic on youtube.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2021, 11:09:34 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2021, 12:36:37 AM by toknormal

Therefore a strategy is needed to optimise marketcap when growth rate is zero.

and we have activated that strategy, we are moving more of the block rewards to the masternodes to reward them for their investment.

Did you read a single thing I wrote above ?

We're not rewarding masternodes for their investment if they don't hold their dollar value after the nodecount stabilises. We're penalising them for their investment.

(Note I said after the nodecount stabilises, so your reference price for store-of-value metrics - according to your own criteria - is the Dash price once the new nodecount equilibrium is reached. Not some "got in early" pre-pump price).
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 22, 2021, 01:39:38 PM

By offering a return on investment we are incentivising DASH ownership.  Think of it like a bank, if the interest rate is high, you put your money in it to earn interest, if it is low or negative you take money out of the bank and speculate on meme stocks.  By paying holders of DASH for holding we are creating a positive feedback loop there which creates an underlying demand on the coin.  Currently a 1000 DASH earns roughly 6.5% more DASH after a year and that is not too bad for a completely trustless, rug proof protocol such the DASH masternode network.

You mention equilibrium, tok, but we both know markets overshoot to the upside and the downside, perhaps we've overshot to the downside with considerable selling from weak hands in the bull run of Q1 this year and now we will overshoot to the upside as this mania takes hold, that would be my guess.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2021, 02:22:06 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2021, 06:32:01 PM by toknormal

By offering a return on investment we are incentivising DASH ownership...By paying holders of DASH for holding we are creating a positive feedback loop there which creates an underlying demand on the coin.  Currently a 1000 DASH earns roughly 6.5% more DASH

This only works if you measure your wealth in Dash. Nobody does that. They measure their return against whatever currency they invested to acquire the holding and against other assets that they "might" have invested in (opportunity cost).

Dash therefore cannot "pay ROI". Only the market can do that (by revaluing the masternode collateral which has far more to do with "ROI" than masternode rewards do). Lets say an investor buys a masternode for $200. Then the price drops to $170. It would take more than 2 FULL YEARS of masternode rewards just to recover that loss and break even again assuming the price didn't correct any further.

So the protocol should be optimising ROI from capital gain, not from masternode reward *. Then the rewards will take care of themselves. The two are completely distinct concepts to the extent that increasing masternode reward beyond the optimal point, DECREASES ROI by having an adverse impact on the exchange rate (which in turn devalues the collateral). This is what we always see once the nodecount reaches equilibrium.

* There are a whole host of other advantages from this, not least that ROI from capital gain does not attract tax whereas masternode rewards do, so we'd be ditching a whole lot of statutory compliance selling pressure which we have now

To this point:

Think of it like a bank, if the interest rate is high, you put your money in it to earn interest

Ok, lets "think of it like a bank". Here you can see exactly the problem. You don't earn interest just by having a balance. The bank has to re-invest your balance in some economic activity that generates NEW WEALTH. That activity has to be profitable to the extent that there is a surplus to pay your interest. So that could be road building, oil extraction, commercial services whatever.

Masternode collateral is only "invested' to the extent that the role of the node generates economic activity that revalues that collateral. In Dash's case there is no such onchain token-burning activity (like De-FI tokens have) so it has to be monetary velocity. But you can see from the above trends that that that has dropped to near nothing. So we're back to Dash original inheritance from bitcoin - store of value. We are offering scarcity and we should just admit that. Scarcity is optimised through mining (because competitive mining maximises the cost of acquisition from the primary supply). To compete against bitcoin we then add back in services but not by compromising scarcity the way we are at the moment, rather by selecting the reward ratio that optimises capital gain (described a couple of posts back).

hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2021, 05:06:49 PM

DASH is rising in price because of internal demand to stake a trustless DASH Masternode which is seeing thousands of DASH removed from exchange orderbooks and deposited securely into working DASH Masternodes as can be seen on the chart below.
https://mnowatch.org/dash-stats/?20210821172011
DASH is now in Pokemon mode, gotta catch them all.  It is a vicious cycle of accumulating DASH and putting them into mnodes, which drives the price higher increasing the MN ROI and thus driving even more demand into the coin.  This will culminate with a feverish FOMO that will see the price sky rocket to the shock of most people that missed the move.  History repeats.
DASH is a hidden giant in crypto market. It will wake up from long hypernation soon.

I miss @quizzie so much. Do you know what happened with this member? A very strong supporter for DASH and share very informative posts for DASH community.

He is very knowledgeable about DASH technology, network and community. What happened?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2021, 06:33:12 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2021, 07:18:36 PM by toknormal

I miss @quizzie so much. Do you know what happened with this member?

He ran out of arguments to counter my contra-narrative posts. (Or wasn't being paid enough Wink )

Speaking of which, it was interesting to note that the fairvalue chart which has traditionally favoured the Dash price as being undervalued on fundamentals compared to the market value (i.e. fairvalue was higher than market price), now has us at $31.

Woops.

Litecoin and Tezos are the big investibles on there now according to that metric.

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 05:44:58 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2021, 12:34:55 PM by mprep

Dash AMA with Marshall Greenwald, CrayPay CEO and DashDirect Founder
https://youtu.be/Kmu7DW0MnGg

https://mnowatch.org/dash-stats/

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2021, 05:05:54 PM
Merited by WastedLTC (1)

Rewarding marketing activity with DASH cryptocurrency will be both transparent and include data protection thanks to Horizen’s scalability protocol Zendoo with zero-knowledge proofs.

The announcement on Horizen blog page: Horizen And Dash Team Up To Create The First-Ever Reward Marketing Blockchain - https://blog.horizen.io/horizen-and-dash-partnership-announcement/?utm_source=Blog&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Dash

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
lorol

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 29, 2021, 02:22:49 PM

The fact remains is Tok doesn't respect the vote of the majority, like myself that voted for the change. Tok wants to be Over Lord and the sole view of DASH.  Here's an update bro, we are going to push to lower mining rewards even lower and we'll probably eventually have that change.  So if I were you...I'd pack up and move on to another project you agree with. I know that sure to Trigger you!
lower mining reward should brings price at high value but dash coin price is still low according to other cryptos and Dash competitors. its like a race in crypto world who brings more new and unique technology will gain higher value. if you check on CMC its all time high value is above 1600$ and right now one Dash cost under 250$. huge difference. if anyone bought over 500$ per dash then should wait for price up not to sell and leave

I don't understand, the difficulty increases and the price does not https://www.coinwarz.com/mining/dash/hashrate-chart . In May dogecoin had 60,000,000,000 market caps. It is impossible that at the end of the bitcoin bull run which should reach 400,000 dollars, dash not to reach 240,000,000,000 market caps.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 12:11:33 AM

I don't understand, the difficulty increases and the price does not

"Difficulty" is a measure of how competitively the coins are bid for in the primary market.

But Dash doesn't expose all of its supply to that bidding process. Only about 45% of it is. The rest is supplied to existing holders at zero price. Those coins are then sold in the secondary market (exchanges) where the seller will be at a profit at any price all the way to zero, unlike their mining counterparts. That's what results in a decoupling (as far as that portion of the supply goes) between mined price ("difficulty") and market price.

The masternode is not penalised for selling below market price (they would be if the reward appropriately reflected their operating cost). The miner is however.
lorol

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 01:48:40 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2021, 12:35:09 PM by mprep

"Difficulty" is a measure of how competitively the coins are bid for in the primary market.

But Dash doesn't expose all of its supply to that bidding process. Only about 45% of it is. The rest is supplied to existing holders at zero price. Those coins are then sold in the secondary market (exchanges) where the seller will be at a profit at any price all the way to zero, unlike their mining counterparts. That's what results in a decoupling (as far as that portion of the supply goes) between mined price ("difficulty") and market price.

The masternode is not penalised for selling below market price (they would be if the reward appropriately reflected their operating cost). The miner is however.

In my opinion, there is no altseason due to certain people's specific desire to wait

Your price prediction? Fibonacci predict 7000$ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZXY3wzm_sA

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 10:17:45 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2021, 12:21:07 AM by toknormal

At that price Dash will be generating its masternode holders $taxable profits of $50 million per week, $400 million per month, $4.8 billion per year.

Who is going to sustain that ? Who's on the other side of the accounting equation ? What happens to those profits ?

They get realised and that's what causes the crash (if it even gets that far) because there's precisely no-one on the other side of the accounting equation. There is no service-value that even reaches a thousandth of a percent of those revenue figures. In fact near on a couple of billion per year will have to be dumped just to fund the tax on the weekly rewards.

This does not happen in fully mined coins because the growth manifests as unrealised gains instead so they are far more sustainable. Even miners costs scale with coin price. De-fi deals with it by having on-chain sinks that grow with use, so market buyers don't need to be found to sustain everything.

So sure, the price might spike up to something interesting for an instant, but masternode rewards are so toxic at those levels that they just extinguish the growth.
Alexey45

Activity: 204
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 07:00:13 AM

toknormal, Enough! You're like a parrot. Take it as it is. Everything is fine and DASH is growing ↑↑↑ Hurry up to buy.
r_victory

Activity: 1927
Merit: 332

English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2021, 05:53:35 PM

I read about "DASH" focusing on the payments industry. Is there any service, API or something related to implement in an eCommerce? I would like to take a look and maybe even test it.  Smiley

Translations from English to Portuguese at affordable prices. Send me a PM here on the forum or contact me via Telegram: @cryptoheart
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 07:29:07 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2021, 12:35:30 PM by mprep

We are back  Smiley

We are very happy to report on the return of #DASH to @BittrexExchange!
Wallets are now open for deposit and full trading is coming soon.

https://twitter.com/Dashpay/status/1433128674723778568

I read about "DASH" focusing on the payments industry. Is there any service, API or something related to implement in an eCommerce? I would like to take a look and maybe even test it.  Smiley

https://dashplatform.readme.io

r_victory

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2021, 07:35:20 PM

I read about "DASH" focusing on the payments industry. Is there any service, API or something related to implement in an eCommerce? I would like to take a look and maybe even test it.  Smiley

https://dashplatform.readme.io

Thanks, in this documentation I had only read about Dashpay (I found it similar to PayPal). I researched better and found CoinPayments (I had heard about it, but I hadn't read the documentation). I will test it.  Wink

Translations from English to Portuguese at affordable prices. Send me a PM here on the forum or contact me via Telegram: @cryptoheart
doseofeth

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2021, 09:22:58 PM

We are back  Smiley

Finally Smiley We were waiting for this!
r_victory

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2021, 09:42:17 PM

We are back  Smiley

Finally Smiley We were waiting for this!

DASH is still a very undervalued investment. It is present on many of the largest exchanges on the market, and for what it delivers in terms of low fees and transaction speed, it should have much more adoption.

Alexey45

Activity: 204
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2021, 11:15:32 AM

The weekly chart looks like a tightly compressed spring.
The tension will soon reach an apogee and the price will fly to the Moon ↑ ↑ ↑
Pages: « 1 ... 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 [6983] 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: