Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:51:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722719 times)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:32:29 PM

Anybody seen the similarities between the blackcoin and darkcoin graph? Shape is exactly the same, but darkcoin is trailing a bit.

Though I do not hope this, price will probably drop soon to around $2-3

Not really the same ...

Zoom out to show all time graphs
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:33:53 PM

7 Day Campaign.

Mens and womens styles available, as well as hoodies for winter and tanks for summer.

http://teespring.com/darkcoin

Many more available

Who would wear shirt with darkcoin logo on it when point of this is to be anonymous? Grin
Just joking.

That is actually someone wearing the t-shirt. If you notice, they are invisible.  Grin
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:34:40 PM

Anybody seen the similarities between the blackcoin and darkcoin graph? Shape is exactly the same, but darkcoin is trailing a bit.

It can only be attributable to stupid people getting the names mixed up... BC is total crap.

oh no! It's because there so similar.....it's.... "The battle of the shade coins", remember??

That reminds me, need to hedge my bets as if it's not one shade, it'll be another.

WTB 500,000 Whitecoin.
lohveh

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:35:19 PM

Not really the same ...

BC rise : 1day @90k
DRK rise : 4 days between 0.01 and 0.015 with some stabilization
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:35:42 PM

Competition watch... Any comments on the new Zerocash paper and how it compares and contrasts with Darkcoin? Is it looking more or less of a threat to our rightful world domination?  Smiley

Zerocash carries a level of trust that Darkcoin does not. If I remember correctly, all transactions are encrypted and the key to those encrypted transactions are given to a third party to destroy.

There are 2 Huge risks with Zerocash.

1) The third party might not destroy the key and thus know all activity on the blockchain(making it not anonymous)

2) The government or a company/individual figures out a way to see all the encrypted information on the blockchain, especially with more advanced computers and quantum computers coming out etc.

1) Wrong. Transactions would still be anonymous, however, if they did not destroy the seed key then that key could be used to spawn unlimited amounts of Zerocash - without anybody being able to tell. There could be endless mintage and nobody would know.

2) Potentially correct, the encryption is bleeding edge and has not been as extensively tested as the encryption scheme used in Darkcoin.

#1 alone is a deal breaker for me.

The original work was also funded by the US Military or Navy, i.e. the US Government which said that it doesn't allow the NSA to spy on anyone that is a friend.

hmmmmm....

Acknowledgements. We thank Stephen Checkoway, George
Danezis, and the anonymous reviewers for their helpful
comments. The research in this paper was supported in part
by the Office of Naval Research under contract N00014-11-
1-0470, and DARPA and the Air Force Research Laboratory
(AFRL) under contract FA8750-11-2-0211.

http://spar.isi.jhu.edu/~mgreen/ZerocoinOakland.pdf
sangoku

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 03:37:26 PM

7 Day Campaign.

Mens and womens styles available, as well as hoodies for winter and tanks for summer.

Many more available

No payment in bitcoin or darkcoin ?

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
lohveh

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:37:37 PM

Competition watch... Any comments on the new Zerocash paper and how it compares and contrasts with Darkcoin? Is it looking more or less of a threat to our rightful world domination?  Smiley

Zerocash carries a level of trust that Darkcoin does not. If I remember correctly, all transactions are encrypted and the key to those encrypted transactions are given to a third party to destroy.

1) The third party might not destroy the key and thus know all activity on the blockchain(making it not anonymous)

2) The government or a company/individual figures out a way to see all the encrypted information on the blockchain, especially with more advanced computers and quantum computers coming out etc.

1) Wrong. Transactions would still be anonymous, however, if they did not destroy the seed key then that key could be used to spawn unlimited amounts of Zerocash - without anybody being able to tell. There could be endless mintage and nobody would know.

2) Potentially correct, the encryption is bleeding edge and has not been as extensively tested as the encryption scheme used in Darkcoin.

The original work was also funded by the US Military or Navy, i.e. the US Government which said that it doesn't allow the NSA to spy on anyone that is a friend.

hmmmmm....

That scares me ...
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:38:12 PM

Why is no-one doing arbitrage between MintPal & Cryptsy? They've been around 5% apart for hours.

WalletIsfull

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:38:33 PM

i have not think the dark could reach this price...suprized
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:41:23 PM

Why is no-one doing arbitrage between MintPal & Cryptsy? They've been around 5% apart for hours.

Cryptsy is giving me hell in depositing DRKs today. Don't know why. Pending for houuuuuuurs. It's site is also very slow and unresponsive. By the time you place an order to fill an existing order, that offer is gone.
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 03:43:22 PM

hmmmmm....

That scares me ...

I wouldn't say it scares me. It just tells me that the enemy of all that is good and decent is in bed with it, so it cannot be trusted. This makes it absolutely the LEAST trustworthy thing in crypto, ever. I'd buy into any number of shitcoins before I trusted something funded by a government. Especially the USA government, holy crap... I can't believe anyone with an IQ above room temperature would even look in the direction of something like this. Trust that they key was destroyed, guv was in on it, sure... That combination is a guarantee that the key was not and never will be destroyed. It's not even a maybe...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:43:44 PM

7 Day Campaign.

Many more available

Who would wear shirt with darkcoin logo on it when point of this is to be anonymous? Grin
Just joking.

That is actually someone wearing the t-shirt. If you notice, they are invisible.  Grin

GRANDE. COIN101 Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
blueforever

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:44:18 PM

Cryptsy wallet is down. Deposits have stopped going through for hours.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 03:46:48 PM

Again, Cryptsy should not have the #1 listing on the OP, we're funneling people into a trap by having it there. I quit using it a while ago. Cryptsy does strange things; both unreliable and shady. I'm not clowning on Cryptsy, the facts are the facts. I'm concerned that it makes us look bad and makes it hard for people to trade when we point them to a failexchange right off the top of the list. It sucks for DRK.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
The Koolio

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 03:47:54 PM

I have spoken with someone at cryptsy. Its not their fault. They are trying to fix a problem where multiple layered TX id's arent registering all the payments within that block. They are working on it, its just a itsy bitsy problem but they have closed deposits just as precaution. Nothing to worry about

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:48:15 PM

hmmmmm....

That scares me ...

I wouldn't say it scares me. It just tells me that the enemy of all that is good and decent is in bed with it, so it cannot be trusted. This makes it absolutely the LEAST trustworthy thing in crypto, ever. I'd buy into any number of shitcoins before I trusted something funded by a government. Especially the USA government, holy crap... I can't believe anyone with an IQ above room temperature would even look in the direction of something like this. Trust that they key was destroyed, guv was in on it, sure... That combination is a guarantee that the key was not and never will be destroyed. It's not even a maybe...

+1

Also, the new Zerocash paper is out, a bit of night time reading later.

That is also funded by the US government

This work was supported by: Amazon.com through an AWS in Education research grant; the
Broadcom Foundation and Tel Aviv University Authentication Initiative; the Center for Science of
Information (CSoI), an NSF Science and Technology Center, under grant agreement CCF-0939370;
the Check Point Institute for Information Security; the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects
Agency (DARPA) and the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) under contract FA8750-11-2-0211
;
the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement
number 240258; the Israeli Centers of Research Excellence I-CORE program (center 4/11); the Israeli
Ministry of Science and Technology; the Oce of Naval Research under contract N00014-11-1-0470
;
the Simons Foundation, with a Simons Award for Graduate Students in Theoretical Computer
Science; and the Skolkovo Foundation with agreement dated 10/26/2011.
The views expressed are those of the authors and do not re
ect the ocial policy or position of the
Department of Defense or the U.S. Government.

http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-extended-20140518.pdf
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 03:50:42 PM

hmmmmm....

That scares me ...

+1

Also, the new Zerocash paper is out, a bit of night time reading later.

That is also funded by the US government

This work was supported by: Amazon.com through an AWS in Education research grant; the
Broadcom Foundation and Tel Aviv University Authentication Initiative; the Center for Science of
Information (CSoI), an NSF Science and Technology Center, under grant agreement CCF-0939370;
the Check Point Institute for Information Security; the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects
Agency (DARPA) and the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) under contract FA8750-11-2-0211
;
the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement
number 240258; the Israeli Centers of Research Excellence I-CORE program (center 4/11); the Israeli
Ministry of Science and Technology; the Oce of Naval Research under contract N00014-11-1-0470
;
the Simons Foundation, with a Simons Award for Graduate Students in Theoretical Computer
Science; and the Skolkovo Foundation with agreement dated 10/26/2011.
The views expressed are those of the authors and do not re
ect the ocial policy or position of the
Department of Defense or the U.S. Government.

http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-extended-20140518.pdf

It's absolutely fucking insane that zerocash would even be a consideration for anyone, anywhere, ever, with this level of government involvement int he project.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:51:28 PM

Not really the same ...

looks like you need glasses !

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
blueforever

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:52:55 PM

Again, Cryptsy should not have the #1 listing on the OP, we're funneling people into a trap by having it there. I quit using it a while ago. Cryptsy does strange things; both unreliable and shady. I'm not clowning on Cryptsy, the facts are the facts. I'm concerned that it makes us look bad and makes it hard for people to trade when we point them to a failexchange right off the top of the list. It sucks for DRK.

Yup. Mintpal should be the first link. Reliable and fast.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:53:56 PM

I have spoken with someone at cryptsy. Its not their fault. They are trying to fix a problem where multiple layered TX id's arent registering all the payments within that block. They are working on it, its just a itsy bitsy problem but they have closed deposits just as precaution. Nothing to worry about

Thanks for the update... However, if it's not their fault, but rather something with tx id's, reason dictates that every single exchange should have the same issue Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: