Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:49:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 [2015] 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722677 times)
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 09:26:56 PM

I do not remember my old darkcoin address for payouts and I can not open the darkcoin pool. So what am I supposed to do?
Evan has already told everyone that he will be manually sending the DRK out to the withdrawal address you registered. It's written and re-quoted in at least two dozen places. Methinks you're a troll pretending not to know in order to stir up shit.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:31:07 PM

EDIT (6/28/2014)
New clients have been released and more changes have been made. Current versions are v9.11.5 and v10.11.5. It is important that all solo-miners and pool operators update to the correct clients! Miners make the network work, and as such you need to use the right client versions, stay up to date and keep our blockchain healthy and stable!

You can find the new client software on the official downloads page of www.Darkcoin.io.

https://www.darkcoin.io/getstarted.html

*** PLEASE UPDATE TO 9.11.5 OR 10.11.5 ***

Windows Users:
v9.11.5
v10.11.5

Linux Users:
Ubuntu v10.11.5 GUI Wallet/Client
Ubuntu v10.11.5 Darkcoind Daemon

Mac Users:
v9.11.5 Wallet/Client

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/please-update-your-darkcoin-clients.1602/
New page, bump....
coin101 lets do the shifts, You 00-12, me 12-24 Cheesy
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 09:36:21 PM

First pass (it might look totally different by Tuesday):

Darkcoin Begins Paying Nodes From Block Rewards

Darkcoin’s much anticipated payments system to Master Nodes went live last week with node operators finally receiving a share of Darkcoins from miners block rewards.
After the first hard fork attempt to implement payments to Master Nodes caused the Darkcoin network to fork into several chains, the developers were forced to temporarily abandon the payments system.

The Master Nodes are part of Darkcoins privacy system which anonymises users through the Nodes by routing bundles of transactions from several people through them which renders the block chain incomprehensible to those trying to track spending patterns.

To prevent rouge Nodes being created which could overwhelm the network with bad actors, the Darkcoin developers have made it financially difficult to operate a Master Node.
To run a Master Node, each node requires a wallet with 1,000 DRK, around $9,500 at time of writing, to be available in order for the network to recognise that nodes are available for mixing.  

This 1,000 DRK requirement has been called a ‘Proof of Service’ feature by the Darkcoin community, as it is a way for nodes to prove they are available to serve the network. The high price to operate a Node makes it financially difficult for most people to operate rogue nodes.
In return for setting up a Master Node and making it available for service, the network pays Nodes 20% of block rewards directly from the miners. It was this payment system which caused the recent Darkcoin fork.

The second attempt to implement the payment system was changed to a two-stage fork, which became known as a spork by the community. The network was updated, but pools and old wallets were not forced to update immediately.

The second stage of the network update due in the next few weeks will see an enforced ban from the network if pools do not update. This will prevent them from keeping payments to Master Nodes.
The use of Master Nodes and financially incentives through a share of the block rewards could be a way for other alt-coins and even Bitcoin to ensure their network is secured.

At present each Node is expected to receive random payments of around 1 DRK per day, but like mining the more nodes that join the network, the lower the reward per node, so node operators are gambling the price of Darkcoin will continue to rise.

Darkcoin will seek to implement its main anonymity features through the Master Nodes which are elected at random to carry out mixing of transactions. Once this feature is added, additional services can be conducted through the Master Nodes, enabling them to earn fees.

I don't recall any abandonment.

There were actually 2 attempts to hardfork RC3. Spork is 3rd try.

This wording needs fixed. Nodes get 20% of block reward. SAying it 'comes from the miners" sounds like "miners get fucked" when they don't. It's also not wholly accurate since the payvote process is now part of that. A Block isn't valid without verified, proper votes in the same way it is not valid if the mined block doesn't pass muster. It's a dual-metric block now with an integrated hash. It's not entirely in the miners' hands anymore. The miners contribute hashpower, the MNs contribute votes. Both are required for a valid block under RC3 Enforcement, currently not turned on.

Oh hell no. The randomness, quantity of bad actors still posting invalid and unpaid blocks due to Enforcement being off, and standard deviation, are both heavily monkey-wrenching simple probability formulas at this time. It's part of why the price is dipping; people are fucking stupid. Claiming "MNs are broken, I no has money hose I expected" because they don't understand math. It could very well be that some of these long-term unpaid nodes WOULD HAVE gotten a payment if there were not bad actors still getting away with non-payment. Once Enforced, the probability will start to match simple math more closely. The combination of bad actors and standard deviation mashed together means that simple probability math does NOT apply.

I have more suggestions, but those are the most glaring...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:39:12 PM

Wink thanks

I'm sure it will look a lot different by Tuesday.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 09:44:02 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 09:59:50 PM by camosoul

Wink thanks

I'm sure it will look a lot different by Tuesday.
Of course. You must first have a lump of clay before you can sculpt it.

What I find still missing from official statement, and thus missing from this as well, Is a confirmation of the feature I am most interested in. During the RC3 launch difficulties, it was flip-flopped as to whether multi-entry would exist in RC3 or not. I know I'm not the only person who cares about this. I care enough that I won't run an MN without it. I could see it making a lot of sense to not include fat stack MNs without also including better obfuscation: RC4. But this is not assuredly stated as I can find statements saying both ways...

Feels more like a "State of the DRK" address than the usual shitcoin "PR." I can go along with it.

I hope Evan does Ninja-Enforcement kinda like Ninja-darkcoind-0.10.11.5 - "Oh, BTW, Enforcement has been on for 12 hours, working fine, and I didn't tell anybody. How ya like them apples?"

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:57:01 PM

I would like to give an opinion: maybe the two sentences I have marked with a "strikethrough" may cause the wrong idea that the "fork" and the "abandonement" are present (and not past) problems... Maybe a first paragraph on this past solved problem and then continuing with the recent developments (not mixing both separate stages) might be a better solution.

I hope I am of any help. Smiley

First pass (it might look totally different by Tuesday):

Darkcoin Begins Paying Nodes From Block Rewards

Darkcoin’s much anticipated payments system to Master Nodes went live last week with node operators finally receiving a share of Darkcoins from miners block rewards.
After the first hard fork attempt to implement payments to Master Nodes caused the Darkcoin network to fork into several chains, the developers were forced to temporarily abandon the payments system.

The Master Nodes are part of Darkcoins privacy system which anonymises users through the Nodes by routing bundles of transactions from several people through them which renders the block chain incomprehensible to those trying to track spending patterns.

To prevent rouge Nodes being created which could overwhelm the network with bad actors, the Darkcoin developers have made it financially difficult to operate a Master Node.
To run a Master Node, each node requires a wallet with 1,000 DRK, around $9,500 at time of writing, to be available in order for the network to recognise that nodes are available for mixing.  

This 1,000 DRK requirement has been called a ‘Proof of Service’ feature by the Darkcoin community, as it is a way for nodes to prove they are available to serve the network. The high price to operate a Node makes it financially difficult for most people to operate rogue nodes.
In return for setting up a Master Node and making it available for service, the network pays Nodes 20% of block rewards directly from the miners. It was this payment system which caused the recent Darkcoin fork.

The second attempt to implement the payment system was changed to a two-stage fork, which became known as a spork by the community. The network was updated, but pools and old wallets were not forced to update immediately.

The second stage of the network update due in the next few weeks will see an enforced ban from the network if pools do not update. This will prevent them from keeping payments to Master Nodes.
The use of Master Nodes and financially incentives through a share of the block rewards could be a way for other alt-coins and even Bitcoin to ensure their network is secured.

At present each Node is expected to receive random payments of around 1 DRK per day, but like mining the more nodes that join the network, the lower the reward per node, so node operators are gambling the price of Darkcoin will continue to rise.

Darkcoin will seek to implement its main anonymity features through the Master Nodes which are elected at random to carry out mixing of transactions. Once this feature is added, additional services can be conducted through the Master Nodes, enabling them to earn fees.

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:03:14 PM

DRK Multipool - X11 algo 288.94 MH nice....and rising...
more hash more buy preasure...
http://xpool.ca/

Earn your own DRK coins by mining at the multipool. Not only that, you can earn DRK using your old ASIC hardware on SHA256 and SCRYPT coins!

DarkCoin by xpool - DRK Multipool

PROP reward system
DRK Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 & X11 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:

How does it work?

xpool offers 3 different sets of coins to mine. SHA256, Scrypt and X11. Each algorithm runs on a shift. Currently there is no set interval as there needs to be enough found and confirmed blocks to make trading worthwhile on the exchanges. We don't want to finish a shift only to find out, the exchanges are going to eat up the payout in fees or limit the withdraw with a large minimum. The confirmed coins are traded throughout the duration of the shift automatically to maximize the profits from exchanging them into DRK. Once enough confirmed blocked are accumulated, the shift is moved into "Trading" status while all the exchanged coins are calculated into DRK and then queued for payment. Once all the coins are confirmed as successfully traded and exchanged, the DRK payments are sent.

As the pool picks up more hashing speed and sufficient DRK can be picked up from the exchanges, the shifts will be set to a schedule and payouts more frequent and less worry about the exchanges. This is a growing phase so the more hash support the better.
If a DRK block is found, there's no exchanging or loss of fees as it can simply be moved into the X11 payout queue.

The advantage of the pool is that you can utilize your older ASIC equipment to earn you the more desired DarkCoin.
Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Cheers!

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:07:27 PM

I would like to give an opinion:

Thanks. Noted.  Wink

Depending on views and feedback, I would like to avoid sweeping anything under the carpet, not that is what you have indicated, just for any others who might want to comment.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:09:22 PM

What I find still missing from official statement, and thus missing from this as well, Is a confirmation of the feature I am most interested in. During the RC3 launch difficulties, it was flip-flopped as to whether multi-entry would exist in RC3 or not. I know I'm not the only person who cares about this. I care enough that I won't run an MN without it. I could see it making a lot of sense to not include fat stack MNs without also including better obfuscation: RC4. But this is not assuredly stated as I can find statements saying both ways...

Feels more like a "State of the DRK" address than the usual shitcoin "PR." I can go along with it.

I hope Evan does Ninja-Enforcement kinda like Ninja-darkcoind-0.10.11.5 - "Oh, BTW, Enforcement has been on for 12 hours, working fine, and I didn't tell anybody. How ya like them apples?"

+101

You did ask a few pages back, and I asked for a general update a few pages further in from that.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 10:22:34 PM

+101

You did ask a few pages back, and I asked for a general update a few pages further in from that.
I've talked to one of the people offering MN setup services. The one I would consider the most trustworthy, and he doesn't know, either...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:23:23 PM

Grin

I imagine there would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth, and the dunderheads would suddenly find the two minutes it takes to upgrade...
splawik21
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:29:48 PM

http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html
This site fgives me 5 green leds from chaeplin sv01-*sv05 darkcoin.io always grey......after some time these 5 green leds get gey....I don`t touch my MNs at all.....after some time they get again green....can someone tell me WTF? Cheesy

CryptoPleb

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:32:25 PM

I changed my pubkey a while ago. The new one is listed as all green and my old pubkey MN is still there shown as all grey but both use the same ip address. Would there be any advantage to changing the ip?
I know its probably just variance but want to be sure as it hasn't received a payment, almost 4 days.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:35:39 PM

This site fgives me 5 green leds from chaeplin sv01-*sv05 darkcoin.io always grey......after some time these 5 green leds get gey....I don`t touch my MNs at all.....after some time they get again green....can someone tell me WTF? Cheesy

Yes. For one, network glitches, hick-ups, back-end webmaster fiddling and even eventual script bugs.

Second, "darkcoind masternode list | grep xx.xx.xx.xx"  ... where xx.xx is you server IP... is what really counts. If it lists as :1 , its active.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:37:13 PM

@ splawik21 + CryptoPleb: Trust your daemon.

My most-frequently payed masternode has been greyed out on chaeplins site for two days, recieving payments just fine. Have a look at https://elbzo.net/masternodes.html all mine are shown active there.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:37:43 PM

I changed my pubkey a while ago. The new one is listed as all green and my old pubkey MN is still there shown as all grey but both use the same ip address. Would there be any advantage to changing the ip?
I know its probably just variance but want to be sure as it hasn't received a payment, almost 4 days.

It is common testnet procedure that when you change something, better change everything. So yes, I would suggest regenerating your public IP, new genkey and even a brand new wallet address for the 1k deposit.

IIRC, genkey is tied to pubkey, not IP. But, IP can get banned (though not enforced right now) if misbehaving. So triple whammy.

The only downside of this is that you'll loose your votes and drop down the bottom of the list. The upside is you may fix an unknown issue.

If it ain't broke, dont fix it, but if it is broke, dont cut corners.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 10:43:47 PM

These websites are helpful, semi-functional crutches. They are not authorities. They simply grep data to a php command that you could easily get yourself in a more authoritative manner, described by other posters.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:44:24 PM

Multi-ticket entry to Masternodes may be a reality in the future. But until final release, no one knows, I suspect not even Evan has made up his mind yet. Many pro/against arguments.

I have managed to make it work in 10.11.2 or .3 - but that was with ghost node active, just not seen by network. So yes, I did manage to have 1 masternode with2 pubkeys associated and getting payed on both addresses.

This was done by accident, not on purpose, so it was not fully tested. Lets call it a buggy-feature... But the way genkey is implemented right now, there has to be an independent server for any given genkey.

So though mulit-ticket does "work", there is no real advantage, right now.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:46:48 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 11:01:16 PM by thelonecrouton

The sooner enforcement can be safely turned on the better. Take a look at http://drk.poolhash.org/poolhash.html right now - half the screen is filled with unpaid masternodes from pool ops who are never going to voluntarily update. They are clearly too stupid to see the long term benefits of masternodes.

Excommunicate them with extreme prejudice.
splawik21
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:49:40 PM

Yes. For one, network glitches, hick-ups, back-end webmaster fiddling and even eventual script bugs.

Second, "darkcoind masternode list | grep xx.xx.xx.xx"  ... where xx.xx is you server IP... is what really counts. If it lists as :1 , its active.
All active so... but still have 3 MNs which havent received no payment....the other at least have 1-3

Pages: « 1 ... 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 [2015] 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: