Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:15:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIGHTNINGASIC LA100M,100MHS SCRYPT Miner, USD1999; LA1THS, USD1750.shipped out!  (Read 309020 times)
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:12:07 PM

Hi Jack/asiabtc,

Please consider selling the ATX PCIe cables on their own. How much for 20 including shipping?

Also, I will be interested in the 15 Mh/s scrypt ASIC miner. Any idea on the cost? Please put me on the pre-order list.

price for 15 MH is 11000 USD, based only on pre-orders.

Ouch, is that the for sure price?
Seems a bit expensive if the new V2 miners are getting
3.8Mhs just buy 4 sets for $10k?
its different. new model is in rack case. and scrypt only.

Hi Jack, would it use the same chips as current miners but
with the SHA256 disabled or a new version of the chip?

yes. LA15MS is based on gc3355 but diable sha256.

so whats the point? For $11,000 I could build a fairly compact GPU farm that would probably be in the 13-17 Mhash range and retain full resale functionality. the only drawback is the power draw

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:19:55 PM

Hi Jack/asiabtc,

Please consider selling the ATX PCIe cables on their own. How much for 20 including shipping?

Also, I will be interested in the 15 Mh/s scrypt ASIC miner. Any idea on the cost? Please put me on the pre-order list.

price for 15 MH is 11000 USD, based only on pre-orders.

Ouch, is that the for sure price?
Seems a bit expensive if the new V2 miners are getting
3.8Mhs just buy 4 sets for $10k?
its different. new model is in rack case. and scrypt only.

Hi Jack, would it use the same chips as current miners but
with the SHA256 disabled or a new version of the chip?

yes. LA15MS is based on gc3355 but diable sha256.

so whats the point? For $11,000 I could build a fairly compact GPU farm that would probably be in the 13-17 Mhash range and retain full resale functionality. the only drawback is the power draw

Look at that you worked out half of it by yourself.

15Mh/s racked in 2-4U at under 1Kw vs 15Mh/s racked in 10-20U using what 5-10Kwh?

Over the long term sticking these in a data center would payoff more than GPU's (For some)

miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:23:18 PM

I'm assuming the 15Mhs uses 250 gridseed chips?

It should perform at 15-20Mhs just like the 3Mhs packs run at 3-4Mhs

Total power (6w ea for 5 chip device * 50) 300W?

racebyu

Activity: 346
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:54:03 PM

With the chips now having a throughput of around 76Khs each you are going
to need around 197 chips to get the 15Mhs so figure they will round up to 200.

Will be interesting if they place all on one board (doubt it) or breakdown into a
couple of boards that plug in to a blackplane like the old V2 ASIC Blades?
Either way its going to be lots of chips with this version until they get a new
packaged ASIC without the SHA256 and extra script sections in the same core.

Anyone know how much additional output they could get out of the chip with the
removal of the SHA256 circuitry? If they could remove that section on the next
Gridseed chip version it would help make the units smaller and increase our speeds.

miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 05:26:23 PM

With the chips now having a throughput of around 76Khs each you are going
to need around 197 chips to get the 15Mhs so figure they will round up to 200.

Will be interesting if they place all on one board (doubt it) or breakdown into a
couple of boards that plug in to a blackplane like the old V2 ASIC Blades?
Either way its going to be lots of chips with this version until they get a new
packaged ASIC without the SHA256 and extra script sections in the same core.

Anyone know how much additional output they could get out of the chip with the
removal of the SHA256 circuitry? If they could remove that section on the next
Gridseed chip version it would help make the units smaller and increase our speeds.

I don't think the 76 number will be used.  They will likely go with the current 600 clock performance and say either 70khs each chip or less.  Though they could always go with higher assumptions the price could be either 200 or 250 chips.

As for removing BTC cores, that should be impossible the functions of btc are required to perform scrypt hashing.  The functionality to run straight btc calculations will be disabled however the cores are still required.

bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:05:48 AM

I've looked through this post, but I'm a bit confused... I'm trying to figure out what everything is and how much they cost and what is shipping/when.

What I've gathered, there are currently 4 units? LA5U, LA3M, LA6M and LA1THS?

The LA3M runs around 3-4 MH/s and the LA6M is actually just two sets of the LA3M.

What is the LA5U?  How much does it cost, and how fast does it hash (Scrypt)?

What is the LA1THS?  How much does it cost, and how fast does it hash (Scrypt)?

A quick informative reply would be greatly appreciated.  I'd like to place an order, but I'm still not sure about the best way to do that.  I've seen multiple people suggest PMing the OP (asiaBTC) and it looks like they are working on a website/store, if I don't want to wait for customs, is Zoomhash reliable and are they priced similarly to ordering myself?

Thanks!

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 01:57:10 AM

I've looked through this post, but I'm a bit confused... I'm trying to figure out what everything is and how much they cost and what is shipping/when.

The LA3M runs around 3-4 MH/s and the LA6M is actually just two sets of the LA3M.

A quick informative reply would be greatly appreciated.  I'd like to place an order, but I'm still not sure about the best way to do that.  I've seen multiple people suggest PMing the OP (asiaBTC) and it looks like they are working on a website/store, if I don't want to wait for customs, is Zoomhash reliable and are they priced similarly to ordering myself?

Thanks!

LA3M is a package of 10 gridseed 5 chip usb devices each chip is rated to run at 70Kh/s scrypt so the devices are rated for 350Kh/s each.  The package includes everything required to run the units including a controller and power supply.  The LA6M is two LA3Ms.  Speeds have been reported between 2.6Mh/s and 3.8Mh/s for the LA3M.

The LA1TH/s does not mine scrypt it mines SHA256 at 1Th/s

The LA5U Should be the new 200 Chip 15Mh/s rated rack mountable gridseed device.  Little more information has been released.  Price is $11,000 USD ATM.

There are no current scam accusations against zoomhash that I have seen and there are customers who have received devices from them.

bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:02:39 AM

Thanks miaviator!  That's all the information I could have hoped for... with the exception of the release date of the LA5U, but I guess you're off the hook for that one.  Grin

If you want to PM me an address, I'll throw you some BTC once my QT client is up to date.

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:03:46 AM

Thanks!

LA3M is a package of 10 gridseed 5 chip usb devices each chip is rated to run at 70Kh/s scrypt so the devices are rated for 350Kh/s each.  The package includes everything required to run the units including a controller and power supply.  The LA6M is two LA3Ms.  Speeds have been reported between 2.6Mh/s and 3.8Mh/s for the LA3M.

The LA1TH/s does not mine scrypt it mines SHA256 at 1Th/s

The LA5U Should be the new 200 Chip 15Mh/s rated rack mountable gridseed device.  Little more information has been released.  Price is $11,000 USD ATM.

There are no current scam accusations against zoomhash that I have seen and there are customers who have received devices from them.

Slight correct to miaviator's comment:

LA5U is a single 5-chip miner

LA15M is the 15Mh/s rack mountable device.

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
racebyu

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:47:52 AM

I would like to know if the 15Mhs unit will have its own built in interface (Ras Pi)
for controlling or still rely on a computer and software to run. Also what causes
the lockups and need for reseting the current miners, is it in the chips themselves
or the interface circuitry.
MZD

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:50:43 AM

Do I have to enter information for each miner separately in the controller dashboard. Even they are all the same worker and password at the pool?
QuestionTime

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:50:49 AM

Thanks!

The chips in the LA1THS are stolen property, other units are fine.

---
---
It is as simple as that.

Bitmine and Innosilicon worked together to produce the chips, so both of them have rights to produce/resell the chips.

But even as Bitmine had an early start on availability of chips and great cheap costs, they FAILED to deliver their system successfuly and on time.

So AFTER my systems of 60T RUNNING over 1 month, and start to sell to public, Bitmine's system still NOT seeying anywhere.

From pespective of marketing strategy, this accusation is just a tactic to slow down our sales.

I agree. Both Bitmine and Bitmine and Innosilicon worked together to develop the chips, and no-one has posted any proof as to exactly what legal rights Innosilicon has to resell the chips, but it's certainly plausible that they do have some resale agreement based on the contract between the two companies. Innosilicon could have paid for part of the development in order to be able to retain some ownership of the IP.

It sounds like QuestionTime is simply spreading FUD to try to show down a potential competitor to Bitmine. Either post proof to back up your claims of IP theft or STFU.

If you check the news http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863, you should know bitmine is just in co-operation with some Chinese company. They just bought the chip from the Chinese company and name it as "Coincraft A1" chip. The Chinese company can also sell the A1 chip. They can call it any name they want like "ABC A1" chip. So the question comes: Does the "Coincraft A1" chip means "A1" chip?I don't think so. This is something like Mcdonalds can make their hamburger and KFC can make their own too.

We do NOT buy chips from bitmine and have no business with them.

From that link:
Designed from scratch, Bitmine’s Coincraft A1 is a third generation Bitcoin Mining IC developed by Bitmine in co-operation with a team of expert engineers from Innosilicon.

Doesn't say bitmine bought the chip from a Chinese company.

I'm assuming that the R&D funds came from bitmine and it's customers and that Innosilicon was contracted by bitmine for R&D, ergo, bitmine retains IP rights of the A1 chip. Unless the use of the A1 chip in these Chinese 28nm miners has been authorised by bitmine, what we're seeing here is corporate theft and entities being in possession of or receiving these miners, liable for a criminal offence.

Precisely, we are the owner of the IP inside the A1 chip and the major contributor to the know-how of the inner workings that led to its development. We are aware of things like the one happening here and we even made a press release news concerning this matter:

http://bitmine.ch/?p=5178

Whoever purchases these does that on its own risk and may be liable in its own country since we hold IP on that.

Yes, that's China.

Authorised distributors of bitmine tech: http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204 - unless the chips were sourced from one of these guys or bitmine themselves it's corporate theft.

Bitmine have already made themselves quite clear on the issue and until they've made a statement retracting the previous statement it's much more likely the the statement was deleted/moderated rather than retracted. Furthermore, we have yet to hear anything from Innosilicon to suggest that they have obtained the rights from bitmine to produce these chips for sale.

Certainly it's plausible Innosillion also have the rights to sell the chip, but it is also certainly plausible Innosilicon does not have the rights to sell the chip. In the absence of an official statement from Innosilicon contradicting the official statement from bitmine and the presence of the well known culture of rampant IP theft that goes on in China, on the balance of probabilities, it is much more likely the Chinese machines using 28nm A1 chips from Innosilicon are the product of stolen property and therefore illegal to receive and/or possess in most common law jurisdictions.

Customers have the right to purchase goods that are 100% legitimately manufactured. I would not want to buy a car that has been assembled from stolen parts.

Your miner is not from us and it is not the same as JTminer. Basically, the JTminer with smaller size is much stable and can do overclock. Please ask the suggestion from who you bought it if you want to do overclock. We are not responsible for what is not from us. Thanks.

Recent summary:
Advantage and difference from other miner:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5571215#msg5571215
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5580260#msg5580260

---------------------------------------------
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5572959#msg5572959
Bitmine and Innosilicon worked together to produce the chips, so both of them have rights to produce/resell the chips.

for @QuestionTime : We reserve our right to take legal action for your libel!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5579060#msg5579060

I´m a little bit confused.... how many representatives for the JingTian miner is on bitcointalk?

(Seeksilence, skyfromwell and JT miner)

Yes. Those are from my company.

Alright, thanks for making that official  Smiley
How about the pictures from the demonstration you held, will they be uploaded soon?

I will let someone put more pictures here.

I need to pick up my system now. LOL. I will try to do a good over clock then report to your guys.

Im looking forward to the OC guide- Do you think a EVGA 1300W g2 is enough to overclock, or should we get something higher?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438011

Bob, it is not problem of the power. It is the problem with the system you got. LOL.

Don't over-clock it. The one who sell to you using cheap components in the board, so over-clock is NOT going to work there.

Please stop telling me what I do or dont have. These are not knockoffs- I have been running them OC for weeks now, and they also look identical to all the other units me and my assosiates purchased. Same design, PCBs chips, etc as the legitimate ones. Oh, and and the PCBs + parts numbers match up with the ones your selling directly.

JT, it seems like a Chinese manufacturer has ripped off your designs and is selling them as their own. Wait.. where have I seen that before  Grin

Libel? It sounds like you have a statement from Innosillicon contradicting bitmine's claims. Please do share.

What is actually Innosilicon's current position on this matter is this, and I quote from their web :
"Innosilicon Announce its 28nm Bitcoin Mining IP core in Production
Innosilicon is proudly announcing that BitMine AG, a leading bitcoin mining system supplier, has licensed its ultra low power Hash IP Core for production at GF 28nm HPP process. This IP is designed from scratch using patent pending, customized VLSI computational Marco cells developed to squeeze the best possible power efficiency in 28nm. Its ultra high power efficiency and thermal reliability allows BitMine AG to pack just the right amount of innovative hash horse power inside a A1 CoinCraft ASIC. The availability of this 28nm hardened IP core instantly raised the bar in a crowded 28nm bitcoin mining ASIC field."

This might mean, that :

a) Bitmine.ch has patented (patent pending), their HPP proces (sublicenced from GF and forked), based on their Bitcoin Mining IP core
b) Innosilicon has given permission to Bitmine.ch to use their ultra-low-power Hash IP core for 28 nm DIE for chips produced by Innosilicon for Bitmine, and probably given only to Bitmine and nobody else.
c) Who did customized VLSI computational Marco cell (power train in 28 nm) - Synapse, Verisilicon, Innosilicon, Bitmine or GlobalFoundries is not known to me at this point. Also not known if this customized VLSI method is patented by someone.

Even though somebody could obtain licence from Innosilicon for power layer, other layers are still not Innosilicon property, so without Bitmine's sublicence on final design, full tapeout of cloned chips is not [legally] possible.

It has nothing to do with BRANDNAME - "COINCRAFT A1" as s BRAND, but with TOPOGRAPHIC DESIGN OF INTEGRATED CIRCUITS, which is SEPARATE LEVEL OF INTELECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION FROM BRAND(NAME) PROTECTION, patent pending according to Madrid Convention of the World Intelectual property organisation. Patents are accesible from WIPO portal, and they are many, and non of which are the property JingTian.

Exactly.

I think the that the typical consumer is really only going to care about:

1) When can I get it?
2) How much does it cost?
3) Will it do what I need it to?

4) Will my unit perform as well as the demo unit
5) Will my order be fulfilled before they run out of stolen chips
6) Will I get in trouble with the police by having this unit, if it makes it past customs
7) Will I need to justify to the police why my other mining hardware are legitimate and should not be seized
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:15:05 AM

welcome to china QuestionTime , where they clone everything  Wink
Mr. Jinx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:26:16 AM

Also what causes the lockups and need for reseting the current miners, is it in the chips themselves or the interface circuitry.
The miners itself, as well as the usb hub are definitely not the problem. I've connected them to a Raspberry Pi, running cpuminer it's rocksolid!
No lockups at all. Right now I'm testing this with cgminer which looks very promising.

Another nice thing to know:
First I used the original PSU's. With 2 PSU's and 10 miners the complete system was running 90Watt @ 850Mhz (scrypt without fans).
I swapped the two PSU's for a platinum rated 450Watt PSU. Now the complete system is running 70Watt @ 850Mhz (scrypt without fans).
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:35:24 AM

Thanks!

The chips in the LA1THS are stolen property, other units are fine.

---
---
It is as simple as that.

But even as Bitmine had an early start on availability of chips and great cheap costs, they FAILED to deliver their system successfuly and on time.

So AFTER my systems of 60T RUNNING over 1 month, and start to sell to public, Bitmine's system still NOT seeying anywhere.

From pespective of marketing strategy, this accusation is just a tactic to slow down our sales.

I agree. Both Bitmine and Bitmine and Innosilicon worked together to develop the chips, and no-one has posted any proof as to exactly what legal rights Innosilicon has to resell the chips, but it's certainly plausible that they do have some resale agreement based on the contract between the two companies. Innosilicon could have paid for part of the development in order to be able to retain some ownership of the IP.

It sounds like QuestionTime is simply spreading FUD to try to show down a potential competitor to Bitmine. Either post proof to back up your claims of IP theft or STFU.

If you check the news http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863, you should know bitmine is just in co-operation with some Chinese company. They just bought the chip from the Chinese company and name it as "Coincraft A1" chip. The Chinese company can also sell the A1 chip. They can call it any name they want like "ABC A1" chip. So the question comes: Does the "Coincraft A1" chip means "A1" chip?I don't think so. This is something like Mcdonalds can make their hamburger and KFC can make their own too.

We do NOT buy chips from bitmine and have no business with them.

From that link:
Designed from scratch, Bitmine’s Coincraft A1 is a third generation Bitcoin Mining IC developed by Bitmine in co-operation with a team of expert engineers from Innosilicon.

Doesn't say bitmine bought the chip from a Chinese company.

I'm assuming that the R&D funds came from bitmine and it's customers and that Innosilicon was contracted by bitmine for R&D, ergo, bitmine retains IP rights of the A1 chip. Unless the use of the A1 chip in these Chinese 28nm miners has been authorised by bitmine, what we're seeing here is corporate theft and entities being in possession of or receiving these miners, liable for a criminal offence.

Precisely, we are the owner of the IP inside the A1 chip and the major contributor to the know-how of the inner workings that led to its development. We are aware of things like the one happening here and we even made a press release news concerning this matter:

http://bitmine.ch/?p=5178

Whoever purchases these does that on its own risk and may be liable in its own country since we hold IP on that.

Yes, that's China.

Authorised distributors of bitmine tech: http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204 - unless the chips were sourced from one of these guys or bitmine themselves it's corporate theft.

Bitmine have already made themselves quite clear on the issue and until they've made a statement retracting the previous statement it's much more likely the the statement was deleted/moderated rather than retracted. Furthermore, we have yet to hear anything from Innosilicon to suggest that they have obtained the rights from bitmine to produce these chips for sale.

Certainly it's plausible Innosillion also have the rights to sell the chip, but it is also certainly plausible Innosilicon does not have the rights to sell the chip. In the absence of an official statement from Innosilicon contradicting the official statement from bitmine and the presence of the well known culture of rampant IP theft that goes on in China, on the balance of probabilities, it is much more likely the Chinese machines using 28nm A1 chips from Innosilicon are the product of stolen property and therefore illegal to receive and/or possess in most common law jurisdictions.

Customers have the right to purchase goods that are 100% legitimately manufactured. I would not want to buy a car that has been assembled from stolen parts.

Your miner is not from us and it is not the same as JTminer. Basically, the JTminer with smaller size is much stable and can do overclock. Please ask the suggestion from who you bought it if you want to do overclock. We are not responsible for what is not from us. Thanks.

Recent summary:
Advantage and difference from other miner:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5571215#msg5571215

---------------------------------------------
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5572959#msg5572959

for @QuestionTime : We reserve our right to take legal action for your libel!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5579060#msg5579060

I´m a little bit confused.... how many representatives for the JingTian miner is on bitcointalk?

(Seeksilence, skyfromwell and JT miner)

Yes. Those are from my company.

Alright, thanks for making that official  Smiley
How about the pictures from the demonstration you held, will they be uploaded soon?

I will let someone put more pictures here.

I need to pick up my system now. LOL. I will try to do a good over clock then report to your guys.

Im looking forward to the OC guide- Do you think a EVGA 1300W g2 is enough to overclock, or should we get something higher?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438011

Bob, it is not problem of the power. It is the problem with the system you got. LOL.

Don't over-clock it. The one who sell to you using cheap components in the board, so over-clock is NOT going to work there.

Please stop telling me what I do or dont have. These are not knockoffs- I have been running them OC for weeks now, and they also look identical to all the other units me and my assosiates purchased. Same design, PCBs chips, etc as the legitimate ones. Oh, and and the PCBs + parts numbers match up with the ones your selling directly.

JT, it seems like a Chinese manufacturer has ripped off your designs and is selling them as their own. Wait.. where have I seen that before  Grin

Libel? It sounds like you have a statement from Innosillicon contradicting bitmine's claims. Please do share.

What is actually Innosilicon's current position on this matter is this, and I quote from their web :
"Innosilicon Announce its 28nm Bitcoin Mining IP core in Production
Innosilicon is proudly announcing that BitMine AG, a leading bitcoin mining system supplier, has licensed its ultra low power Hash IP Core for production at GF 28nm HPP process. This IP is designed from scratch using patent pending, customized VLSI computational Marco cells developed to squeeze the best possible power efficiency in 28nm. Its ultra high power efficiency and thermal reliability allows BitMine AG to pack just the right amount of innovative hash horse power inside a A1 CoinCraft ASIC. The availability of this 28nm hardened IP core instantly raised the bar in a crowded 28nm bitcoin mining ASIC field."

This might mean, that :

a) Bitmine.ch has patented (patent pending), their HPP proces (sublicenced from GF and forked), based on their Bitcoin Mining IP core
b) Innosilicon has given permission to Bitmine.ch to use their ultra-low-power Hash IP core for 28 nm DIE for chips produced by Innosilicon for Bitmine, and probably given only to Bitmine and nobody else.
c) Who did customized VLSI computational Marco cell (power train in 28 nm) - Synapse, Verisilicon, Innosilicon, Bitmine or GlobalFoundries is not known to me at this point. Also not known if this customized VLSI method is patented by someone.

Even though somebody could obtain licence from Innosilicon for power layer, other layers are still not Innosilicon property, so without Bitmine's sublicence on final design, full tapeout of cloned chips is not [legally] possible.

It has nothing to do with BRANDNAME - "COINCRAFT A1" as s BRAND, but with TOPOGRAPHIC DESIGN OF INTEGRATED CIRCUITS, which is SEPARATE LEVEL OF INTELECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION FROM BRAND(NAME) PROTECTION, patent pending according to Madrid Convention of the World Intelectual property organisation. Patents are accesible from WIPO portal, and they are many, and non of which are the property JingTian.

Exactly.

I think the that the typical consumer is really only going to care about:

1) When can I get it?
2) How much does it cost?
3) Will it do what I need it to?

4) Will my unit perform as well as the demo unit
5) Will my order be fulfilled before they run out of stolen chips
6) Will I get in trouble with the police by having this unit, if it makes it past customs
7) Will I need to justify to the police why my other mining hardware are legitimate and should not be seized

Hey man,

can YOU show us RIGHT FUCKING NOW. I mean right fucking now Legally binding documents to support your claims Huh
Hurry fucking up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fucked off reading and scrolling through your "claims" supported by exactly FUCK ALL. 

You was told that 99% of consumers do care about PRICE, AVAILABILITY and IF IT CAN HASH.
That's fucking it.

Legal documents !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Photos and uploaded to photobucket are good enough.

Post them or get the fuck out from all 1Th/s threads.

richmke

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:00:51 AM

Let's assume that you use r9 280x cards that hash at .75 Mhash each. That is 18 cards for 13.5 Mhash
A typical A/C circuit is 15 amps, or 1800 watts at 120 volts. Assuming the PSU's are 85% efficient, that is 1500 available watts.
Assuming 250 watts per card, that is 6 cards per circuit.
Note: This does not leave any power for the CPU and cushion for power sags. So, let's say 5 cards per circuit.

So, to run 18 cards, you would need 4 15 amp a/c 120 volt circuits.
A typical house is 150 amps.
This does not include the power required for cooling.

If you are building a few GPU rigs, then power is not an issue.
If you want to build a mining farm in a house, then power (not just the cost of the power) is a real issue.

What about battery backup?
One set of 10 gridseed miners draws about 100 watts in scrypt only mode, and that includes the raspberry pi controller. Assuming 4 sets will get you 13.6 Mhash, and take 400 watts of power. For the cost of 1 battery backup for one GPU rig that gives you 15 minutes of run time, you could power all the gridseeds for 1 hour.
racebyu

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:38:42 PM

Also what causes the lockups and need for reseting the current miners, is it in the chips themselves or the interface circuitry.
The miners itself, as well as the usb hub are definitely not the problem. I've connected them to a Raspberry Pi, running cpuminer it's rocksolid!
No lockups at all. Right now I'm testing this with cgminer which looks very promising.

First I used the original PSU's. With 2 PSU's and 10 miners the complete system was running 90Watt @ 850Mhz (scrypt without fans).
I swapped the two PSU's for a platinum rated 450Watt PSU. Now the complete system is running 70Watt @ 850Mhz (scrypt without fans).

Thanks for the info, good to know as would not want to put out all that money for a 15Mhs unit
and have the same lockup issues as the individual miners. As for the power supply maybe the power
supply does not have enough balls for the peak demand current that 10 of the miners draw?
racebyu

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:47:24 PM

Let's assume that you use r9 280x cards that hash at .75 Mhash each. That is 18 cards for 13.5 Mhash
A typical A/C circuit is 15 amps, or 1800 watts at 120 volts. Assuming the PSU's are 85% efficient, that is 1500 available watts.
Assuming 250 watts per card, that is 6 cards per circuit.
Note: This does not leave any power for the CPU and cushion for power sags. So, let's say 5 cards per circuit.

So, to run 18 cards, you would need 4 15 amp a/c 120 volt circuits.
A typical house is 150 amps.
This does not include the power required for cooling.

If you are building a few GPU rigs, then power is not an issue.
If you want to build a mining farm in a house, then power (not just the cost of the power) is a real issue.

What about battery backup?
One set of 10 gridseed miners draws about 100 watts in scrypt only mode, and that includes the raspberry pi controller. Assuming 4 sets will get you 13.6 Mhash, and take 400 watts of power. For the cost of 1 battery backup for one GPU rig that gives you 15 minutes of run time, you could power all the gridseeds for 1 hour.

Good points, my 5 GPU rig (R9-280x) draws just over 1500 watts and I have a dedicated power line on the system.
Depending on your geographical location and your cost for power it could add up in power bills that cannot be offset
by the value of the current alt coins. Here in Canada we pay 7.2 per/Kw/hr in off peak time and 12.2 per/Kw/hr in
the high demand hours. I am sure there are other people that pay a ton more then we currently do and would be a
huge power cost savings for them. I would go with the new ASIC systems shortly as with higher power units hitting
the marketplace 2nd and 3rd quarter the mining rewards for single GPU rigs will be decreasing over time.
bobby35ny

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:30:39 PM

Thanks for the info, good to know as would not want to put out all that money for a 15Mhs unit
and have the same lockup issues as the individual miners. As for the power supply maybe the power
supply does not have enough balls for the peak demand current that 10 of the miners draw?

Script only with no fans, ONE china power supply works just fine for 10 miners. Using a Pi and works great.
Ditch the Jack controller or wiibox and get a Pi. remember, script only only uses 1 amp per 10!
-Bobby
MZD

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:06:43 PM

Is this normal?

Only 1 or 2 miners work at a time. None of them achieve any respectable speeds. Restarts every 10 minutes.

Surely this isn't normal.....
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: