Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:33:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIGHTNINGASIC LA100M,100MHS SCRYPT Miner, USD1999; LA1THS, USD1750.shipped out!  (Read 309011 times)
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 03:26:15 PM

"This miner has internalized PSU and don’t need any other accessories(of course, a ethernet cable is needed for internet accessing)."

looking at the picture, there is clearly no PSU anywhere in the design, and in fact it appears to have an 8-pin (ATX or PCIE?) power connecter

It looks like an ANT miner...  With some parts replaced....   

This would be a good design for a blade type gridseed device.  If bitmain made it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlexeyK

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:27:56 PM

"This miner has internalized PSU and don’t need any other accessories(of course, a ethernet cable is needed for internet accessing)."

looking at the picture, there is clearly no PSU anywhere in the design, and in fact it appears to have an 8-pin (ATX or PCIE?) power connecter

This would be a good design for a blade type gridseed device.  If bitmain made it.

don't think that bitmain will do PCB for gridseed . it indeed seems like ANT's blade with GS logo .

if you think that i deserve it
185h9KXxW2Efx6ynFM61ydUKsRNaVWUobs
or GLC -  GQjVzfk3k8gb3Cy65mBUf4ADkNNTRHgsx8
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 03:37:12 PM

don't think that bitmain will do PCB for gridseed . it indeed seems like ANT's blade with GS logo .

But we'd buy them all pretty quick if they did Smiley

MZD

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:13:15 PM

What is the reasonable life expectancy of these miners? I know the fans would fail first but those are easily replaceable.
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 06:54:12 PM

Good news everyone! Stable firmware for LightningAsic controllers is underway, it should be ready for public in the coming week and it will be possible to upgrade (from v1, v2, v2.1..) by uploading it to the upload page. The firmware .bin will be released for public, but it is compatible only with LightningAsic controllers. Upgrading from factory Tp-link 703N will not work and it might brick your Tp-link, so don't even try!

It has some awesome features:

• Stripped, custom compiled OpenWrt (controller's OS) image optimized for size and speed
  • Stability is heavily emphasized and guaranteed! No more random reboots or crashes
  • Custom compiled cpuminer OC, frequency selectable up to 1200 MHz. We have tested it for 48 hours straight at 950 MHz (405 Kh/s) and without hardware errors! (see #1)
  • Advanced miner monitoring and management
  • Option to auto power cycle miners when one of the miners is stuck, this is done software wise and it has the same effect as unplugging, and plugging in the USB cable! (see #2)
  • Up to 10 miners per controller, replacing the 32MB RAM chip with 64MB will double that figure
  • Huh Shocked

note #1: depends on miner hardware
note #2: this will only work if the USB/hub is powered by the controller, you must not supply power to the USB hub.

BTC or dual mining is removed in the firmware for a multitude of reasons, BTC mining on GC3355 is unstable and wasteful.

If this doesn't want to make you pull out the LA controller out of the trash, I don't know what will...
For questions or feature requests, please PM me, not Jack.   Donations (1AMsjqzXQpRunxUmtn3xzQ5cMdhV7fmet2) are gladly accepted, and will be put towards improving the firmware even more.

mazedk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:00:31 PM

Good news everyone! Stable firmware for LightningAsic controllers is underway, it should be ready for public in the coming week and it will be possible to upgrade (from v1, v2, v2.1..) by uploading it to the upload page. The firmware .bin will be released for public, but it is compatible only with LightningAsic controllers. Upgrading from factory Tp-link 703N will not work and it might brick your Tp-link, so don't even try!

• Stripped, custom compiled OpenWrt (controller's OS) image optimized for size and speed
  • Stability is heavily emphasized and guaranteed! No more random reboots or crashes
  • Custom compiled cpuminer OC, frequency selectable up to 1200 MHz. We have tested it for 48 hours straight at 950 MHz (405 Kh/s) and without hardware errors! (see #1)
  • Option to auto power cycle miners when one of the miners is stuck, this is done software wise and it has the same effect as unplugging, and plugging in the USB cable! (see #2)
  • Up to 10 miners per controller, replacing the 32MB RAM chip with 64MB will double that figure
  • Huh Shocked

note #2: this will only work if the USB/hub is powered by the controller, you must not supply power to the USB hub.

BTC or dual mining is removed in the firmware for a multitude of reasons, BTC mining on GC3355 is unstable and wasteful.

If this doesn't want to make you pull out the LA controller out of the trash, I don't know what will...
For questions or feature requests, please PM me, not Jack.   Donations (1AMsjqzXQpRunxUmtn3xzQ5cMdhV7fmet2) are gladly accepted, and will be put towards improving the firmware even more.

If thats really true, u'll have a donation from me comming your way for sure Smiley

Can you please explain note #2 a little more. The bundle I bought from lightningasic holds a powered USB hub.. So you are saying I will need to unplug the power source? or whats the deal.
sikke

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:00:53 PM

Very good job. You got it done.

Reason to order some more from Jack.
juve4v

Activity: 505

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:09:53 PM

• Huh Shocked

1.Please don't remove dual mining from the fw or let it be as an option!. Some of us enjoy more or less expensive electricity- and would like to ROI faster.
2. I'm not so sure if 64Mb of RAM will do the trick for 10+ but I would like to see it tested.
3.Back-up pool option is a MUST and I don't see that on your list.
Thanks!

Gazza1

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:11:22 PM

how many of these can you hookup to a single rig/pc?

can you use ATX psu?

do you have to use the web interface or can you use cgminer/sgminer?

also how many per controller 10/20?

thanks!

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
sandor111

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 07:37:50 PM

• Huh Shocked

1.Please don't remove dual mining from the fw or let it be as an option!. Some of us enjoy more or less expensive electricity- and would like to ROI faster.
2. I'm not so sure if 64Mb of RAM will do the trick for 10+ but I would like to see it tested.
3.Back-up pool option is a MUST and I don't see that on your list.
Thanks!

Poor power efficiency is only part of the reason why it is removed, if you want to dual mine stick to the current firmware.
We will be testing with 20+ miners on 64 MB controller, if proven stable, we will confirm this claim
Backup pools will be added

bttalkdim

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:20:52 PM

Why all say BTC mode is not proffitable ?

According to calculators, with Scrypt part I get about $10-$13 per day
BTC - $5 per day (power costs counted)
not

currently I don't want to stop DUAL mining.
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:30:20 PM

Why all say BTC mode is not proffitable ?

According to calculators, with Scrypt part I get about $10-$13 per day
BTC - $5 per day (power costs counted)
not

currently I don't want to stop DUAL mining.

because when you dual mine, you get lower scrypt hash rate and its extremely unstable, so you could be disconnecting every 20 minutes

Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:32:28 PM

great work!

but as you compiled cpuminer for wrt/mips,
the step for bulding a wr703n/mr3020 fw is not far away, right?

i could even live with just the binarys and your watchdog script
ar9331 based boards with 64mb ram can be have at 20$ from Ali
Gazza1

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:47:58 AM

I'd rather have the significantly lower power draw and be able to hook up hundreds of these things in scrypt mode than only handfuls in dual mode.  Personally.

I know a lot of you guys have high power out there and lucky ones even 240v.  My current household I can only spare another 60amps at 120v.  That's a lot of scrypt miners.  Not much for bitcoin or gpu.

speaking of which and not that it matters, but are these things 240v compliant?  just curious.

for those that worry about new algorithms, keep both.  keep your current gpus and keep these new scrypt asics too.  that way you can mine everything

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
asiabtc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 986

Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 02:49:49 AM

• Huh Shocked

great works of LightningAsic team mebmers.
thanks.

www.lightningasic.com. ASIC GPU矿机,ATM, 硬件钱包,挖矿。ALTCOIN,BTC,LTC,Dogecoin research, Producing BTC LTC Dogecoin Mining Machine, Exchange market policy study.Skype:  altcoin Twitter: @realSatoshi_ii Co-Founder of LIGHTNINGASIC 关注微博: @比特币矿机 TWITTER: @realSatoshi_ii, 获得最新资讯。
asiabtc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 986

Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 02:51:31 AM

But we'd buy them all pretty quick if they did Smiley
be careful. its scam.
there is some new models developing. but no so fast.

www.lightningasic.com. ASIC GPU矿机,ATM, 硬件钱包,挖矿。ALTCOIN,BTC,LTC,Dogecoin research, Producing BTC LTC Dogecoin Mining Machine, Exchange market policy study.Skype:  altcoin Twitter: @realSatoshi_ii Co-Founder of LIGHTNINGASIC 关注微博: @比特币矿机 TWITTER: @realSatoshi_ii, 获得最新资讯。
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:04:10 AM

Is there something for sale?  I went to www.lightningasic.com and it takes my computer 30+ seconds to translate every time I load a new page.  Any link to a product page that works with clear pricing and prodcut details?  Quite a bit of development has transpired.  That much is clear.  Any clear concise snapshot of the business and products in the current state would be very much appreciated.

Good luck

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
clockers25

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:02:26 AM

Hey guys, anybody ordered from hash-master?  Just want to make sure they are legit!!
Andareed

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:01:36 AM

Hardware mod that allows stable higher frequencies: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519112

BTC: 1K54i8Fsu7e7WPu1pQJV6tDa65qXahnHMH
LTC: LMfJ2eqsJofTaNtD1dLRZBuKju9qYgwxZj
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:40:44 AM

• Huh Shocked

Can't wait - Im happy to beta test for you guys if you need. I think everyone else is using a Rasperry Pi at the moment im still on the LightningAsic Controllers lol

Also what do you mean by note #2: Must power USB Hub via Controller - Its a powered hub so the controller will not be able to supply enough power??
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: