Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:00:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:13:33 AM

What are we going to do about cloners who would try to "release" clones even before beta tests are over?

I suggest keep the code obfuscated, at least enough time for Nem to establish itself.  Something like 6 months. Perhaps release the full source code in January 2015

There has been a discussion about this and I'm not sure it's over yet. However I don't think keeping things closed source after the launch is a good idea. It has caused NXT a shitstorm and a bad perception. Look at all the clones that are trying to clone NXT. Has even 1 got a blockchian out ? It's just not that easy to clone a 2nd gen crypto Wink

jcarl987

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:17:21 AM

When the hell is this coin gonna be released?

When it's ready. Why so rude?

Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:17:06 AM

What are we going to do about cloners who would try to "release" clones even before beta tests are over?

I suggest keep the code obfuscated, at least enough time for Nem to establish itself.  Something like 6 months. Perhaps release the full source code in January 2015

There has been a discussion about this and I'm not sure it's over yet. However I don't think keeping things closed source after the launch is a good idea. It has caused NXT a shitstorm and a bad perception. Look at all the clones that are trying to clone NXT. Has even 1 got a blockchian out ? It's just not that easy to clone a 2nd gen crypto Wink

Nxt made it difficult by releasing code late, and the developer constantly claims that there are anti-clone code even in the current version that allows him to kill the clones if they just change the genesis block and nothing else.

Trust me, if you release the code too soon, the clones will be releasing it before you even finish the beta  tests.  That would be very bad for you.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
howi53

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:23:37 AM

Want to see the approved stakeholder list and want to see that my name is still on it.
If so, everything will become fine!!!
Most of the other items discussed in this thread, I cannot understand. (No computer nerd but just interested in NEM)

Life is like a chicken ladder - short and shitty
filchef

Activity: 137

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:04:15 AM

This coin has a great potential, and as a stakeholder, I am following the developments very closely and will soon start helping out the best I can. Please drop the idea of cancelling stakeholders who have posted only once.

Probably you missed the train and you're wondering how to throw someone to take his place.
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:14:03 AM

But think about it pat, the average user doesn't care about source code. Just look at the post two spots before this one. Don't you think there are some pros in Nem taking its time in releasing its source code?

Especially if we're honest about not releasing it soon. I feel most people would understand and appreciate the reason. Though it can attract trolls. But I just think the reputation of people behind Nem speaks for itself.

We already have at the very least over 1,500 stake holders, which is different than if we didn't have any and were trying to attract people.

People on the outside will focus on the community and the activity much more than a released a source code. They're not going to go, "This coin looks legit, there's a lot of action going on around it, but I won't join in because they haven't released the source code."

My point basically is that they're not going to care, and seeing 21+ new shitcoins released every week destroying cryptos really worries me. The greed, they saw what happened with Aurora and then and now we have countless country and city coins. Everything just gets copied and diluted.

Bitcoin had the advantage of years without competition. I would love if Nem has some time to establish itself.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
patmast3r

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:38:27 AM

But think about it pat, the average user doesn't care about source code. Just look at the post two spots before this one. Don't you think there are some pros in Nem taking its time in releasing its source code?

Especially if we're honest about not releasing it soon. I feel most people would understand and appreciate the reason. Though it can attract trolls. But I just think the reputation of people behind Nem speaks for itself.

We already have at the very least over 1,500 stake holders, which is different than if we didn't have any and were trying to attract people.

People on the outside will focus on the community and the activity much more than a released a source code. They're not going to go, "This coin looks legit, there's a lot of action going on around it, but I won't join in because they haven't released the source code."

My point basically is that they're not going to care, and seeing 21+ new shitcoins released every week destroying cryptos really worries me. The greed, they saw what happened with Aurora and then and now we have countless country and city coins. Everything just gets copied and diluted.

Bitcoin had the advantage of years without competition. I would love if Nem has some time to establish itself.

Well like I said afaik it's still being discussed allthough I'm almost certain that alpha will have obfuscated binaries.
The devs are following this thread so I'm sure all your points will be taken under consideration.
I myself am still for open-source from the start but we'll see.

Man-aqua

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:26:11 AM

Development update:

The development contract announcement will be delayed. My plan is to have the announcement when we have a clear road map of NEM development going forward and preferably within 1-2 weeks of the alpha launch. Unfortunately, at this point we don't have an ETA for the alpha launch yet and consequently, the formal announcement is delayed. My guesstimate of the Alpha is still on later part of April but there are quite a few things that needs to be worked on before we can make a solid ETA.

We currently have two repo, one for NEM infrastructure codes and one for NEM client codes and quite a few other concurrent projects going on. Progress is made on daily basis and team-quality wise I think we are as strong as Ethereum group except that NEM team and development are still in a stealthy mode.

NEM client would be called NEM community client (NCC) and here is NCC specification written by Thies1965. Feel free to comment on it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ZVrzuS_krjRF5rMvt5oKl3IS3VOhF_qnn2faZb7KZQ/edit

These are some mock-up design of NCC

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9jSTPeGZxgtTjVncFlmMmJ6LW8&usp=sharing

I hope you like what NCC will look like in the future. Let me know if you are a developer and interested in working on expanding NEM ecosystem. I have some ideas about the future direction of NEM that I could share and I am very excited about it. Thanks.    

WOW !!! NEM is so exciting !!!  Cheesy
Djentriser

Activity: 223

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:32:17 AM

I waited what impact will have releasing of NXT code. The community thought that it will drive the price up, but in reality it did nothing for NXT, just many people trying to copy it. They didnt, but I heard those people saying they are not going to copy NXT code because it is strangely written.
Not sure how important releasing of code is, but think we should do something to prevent copying it.

First rule of economy says that resources are limited, thats what gives them value.
NEM must be valuebale. I totally stopped caring for 1.gen crypto, just because how much of them is in existence. Dont let that happend to NEM.

Man-aqua

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:45:40 AM

I waited what impact will have releasing of NXT code. The community thought that it will drive the price up, but in reality it did nothing for NXT, just many people trying to copy it. They didnt, but I heard those people saying they are not going to copy NXT code because it is strangely written.
Not sure how important releasing of code is, but think we should do something to prevent copying it.

First rule of economy says that resources are limited, thats what gives them value.
NEM must be valuebale. I totally stopped caring for 1.gen crypto, just because how much of them is in existence. Dont let that happend to NEM.

In my view we are part of the biggest movement in crypto in 2014 - Our advantage is our big and strong community.
Compare just the numbers of post of members since NEM started to other "coins"  Wink
patmast3r

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:59:15 AM

You're right the source release had no positive effect for NXT regarding the price. I think that witholding however did have an effect - a negative one.

j23a

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:22:18 AM

Well like I said afaik it's still being discussed allthough I'm almost certain that alpha will have obfuscated binaries.
The devs are following this thread so I'm sure all your points will be taken under consideration.
I myself am still for open-source from the start but we'll see.

Sounds fair.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 11:30:01 AM

In my view we are part of the biggest movement in crypto in 2014 - Our advantage is our big and strong community.
Compare just the numbers of post of members since NEM started to other "coins"  Wink

When NEM is released, it will the first time every that a large fair distribution has ever happened, maybe anytime ever, not just cryptocurrencies.  If we have more people, even the better.  If we come together as a community, NEM can be an extremely powerful force.  This is really a one time only shot.  If NEM doesn't do it, another platform will.  This is our chance and we can take it TOGETHER!

The developers know this and are working hard to make a good code.  Let's support them.

j23a

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:33:32 AM

When part of the source code was released for NXT early January, it crashed. It was depressing because I bought a lot the week before. I believe the crash was due to the criticism over the style that the code was written though.

NXT did have a big growth before the code was released in January though.

chihao87

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:44:07 AM

When part of the source code was released for NXT early January, it crashed. It was depressing because I bought a lot the week before. I believe the crash was due to the criticism over the style that the code was written though.

NXT did have a big growth before the code was released in January though.

Yes, I reviewed NXT code which is awful and looks like a new programmer work, however, after the code refactoring, it becomes more and more better.
WayToGo

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:44:43 PM

Development update:

The development contract announcement will be delayed. My plan is to have the announcement when we have a clear road map of NEM development going forward and preferably within 1-2 weeks of the alpha launch. Unfortunately, at this point we don't have an ETA for the alpha launch yet and consequently, the formal announcement is delayed. My guesstimate of the Alpha is still on later part of April but there are quite a few things that needs to be worked on before we can make a solid ETA.

We currently have two repo, one for NEM infrastructure codes and one for NEM client codes and quite a few other concurrent projects going on. Progress is made on daily basis and team-quality wise I think we are as strong as Ethereum group except that NEM team and development are still in a stealthy mode.

NEM client would be called NEM community client (NCC) and here is NCC specification written by Thies1965. Feel free to comment on it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ZVrzuS_krjRF5rMvt5oKl3IS3VOhF_qnn2faZb7KZQ/edit

I hope you like what NCC will look like in the future. Let me know if you are a developer and interested in working on expanding NEM ecosystem. I have some ideas about the future direction of NEM that I could share and I am very excited about it. Thanks.    
Nice screenshots...
If the devs can deliver this, NEM looks amazing.
Cant wait to see the beta client in action.
fondobinario

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:48:56 PM

Hello all,

I have been following you for quite a long time and I would love to have your coin in our exchange, we are not like any other exchange that have full of silly worthless coins. At Binary Fund we choose our crypto currencies wisely, we do our best to investigate and research a coin before adding it. Only coins that we think may have a future are added to the exchange. We don’t accept bribes or have paid voting systems. We have very few coins and we like to keep it that way but we would like to have your coin with us. www.binaryfund.com has been in Beta version since a few days ago and we are fully functional now. Please take a look at our exchange and tell us what you think. We are based in London. Please see below the explanations of Binary fund features.

WHAT IS BINARY FUND?

Binary Fund is a state of the art exchange platform for crypto currencies. It has been developed to meet the needs of those new to trading and experienced traders alike.

FEATURES
•Secure coin storage. Every coin is send to a cold storage wallet so only the Binary Fund crew can access it.
•Candle stick graphs for every market pair to view the price history.
•We allow bank transfer to deposit fiat into your account without going through a third party.
•We have trading pairs for trading with GBP, EUR and USD.
•User friendly website with adjustable market pairs. You can hide market pairs you’re not interested in.
•Withdrawal through PayPal and bank transfer.
•Regular competitions with crypto prizes.
•Lively and engaging chat.

DESIGN
Binary Fund is designed with the user in mind. Trading is laid out to make it as easy and powerful as possible. With a clean, clear, concise layout even new users will understand how the platform works in only a few minutes.

www.binaryfund.com
patmast3r

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:57:58 PM

Hello all,

I have been following you for quite a long time and I would love to have your coin in our exchange, we are not like any other exchange that have full of silly worthless coins. At Binary Fund we choose our crypto currencies wisely, we do our best to investigate and research a coin before adding it. Only coins that we think may have a future are added to the exchange. We don’t accept bribes or have paid voting systems. We have very few coins and we like to keep it that way but we would like to have your coin with us. www.binaryfund.com has been in Beta version since a few days ago and we are fully functional now. Please take a look at our exchange and tell us what you think. We are based in London. Please see below the explanations of Binary fund features.

WHAT IS BINARY FUND?

Binary Fund is a state of the art exchange platform for crypto currencies. It has been developed to meet the needs of those new to trading and experienced traders alike.

FEATURES
•Secure coin storage. Every coin is send to a cold storage wallet so only the Binary Fund crew can access it.
•We allow bank transfer to deposit fiat into your account without going through a third party.
•User friendly website with adjustable market pairs. You can hide market pairs you’re not interested in.

DESIGN
Binary Fund is designed with the user in mind. Trading is laid out to make it as easy and powerful as possible. With a clean, clear, concise layout even new users will understand how the platform works in only a few minutes.

www.binaryfund.com

Sounds very interesting. I'll post it to our trello board so noone misses it Smiley

fondobinario

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:10:57 PM

Hello all,

WHAT IS BINARY FUND?

FEATURES

DESIGN

www.binaryfund.com

Sounds very interesting. I'll post it to our trello board so noone misses it Smiley

Many thanks patmast3r, I know you and utopianfuture  are the ones that run this thread, you sound very professional and know what you are doing, as I said we want our exchange to be premium with the best coins in it, and I am sure NEM will not just be one of the best but the very unique and popular.
4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:22:45 PM

Development update:

Don't have the tech knowledge to comment on the NCC spec but very impressed by the NCC design screenshots and if they're indicative of what else is going on behind the scenes, NEM is on its way to become a huge success.

btw, the word NEMber is inspired. Kudos to whoever coined it  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: