Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:58:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 08:31:16 PM

Client have to be easily accessible, meaning that general people could adopt and use it. Notebooks and desktop computers aint nowadays even used in every household, i know many folks who just mainly use their tablets and smartphones. I dont know about rest of the world, but in Finland banks have very sophisticated clients/internetbanks and with all the NFC and other mobile payments systems, competition is fierce.
Certainly NEM have to be better than those systems of we want to create complete currency system/finance platform.
We definitely shouldn't forget about smartphone users here. It's a vast and growing market.

+1000

It should be web based and with apps to IOS, Android and Windows. Nowadays every bank has their on app and Visa has one etc, so NEM should have it too. Hopefully i trust that our devs intend to make a ease accessible client.

IMO Cryptocurrencies as a whole focus too much in in-group aspects, with all these meetings, dick riding and cult of personality like satoshi etc.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
pranas

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:49:07 PM

i like web walet as well
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:53:21 PM

i like web walet as well

There should be both.

cryptonikus

Activity: 595

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:56:33 PM

i like web walet as well

There should be both.

Agreed.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:14:55 PM

Here's the poll results I spoke about concerning everyone's preference for GUI or Web clients:

A desktop client/wallet was hugely preferred. Admittedly a sample size of 16 people isn't statistically significant, but it's something to think about. There's a discussion about it in the thread on the forum.

I quoted this because frankly, common sense tells you its what people would prefer.

Online based wallets gives people less control, plus there's more risk.
NEMoon

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:20:20 PM

NEM client would be called NEM community client (NCC) and here is NCC specification written by Thies1965. Feel free to comment on it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ZVrzuS_krjRF5rMvt5oKl3IS3VOhF_qnn2faZb7KZQ/edit

Looks amazing, I like it a lot. We'll have the best wallet ever.
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:29:43 PM

NEM client would be called NEM community client (NCC) and here is NCC specification written by Thies1965. Feel free to comment on it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ZVrzuS_krjRF5rMvt5oKl3IS3VOhF_qnn2faZb7KZQ/edit

Looks amazing, I like it a lot. We'll have the best wallet ever.

Interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:00:17 PM

Here's the poll results I spoke about concerning everyone's preference for GUI or Web clients:

A desktop client/wallet was hugely preferred. Admittedly a sample size of 16 people isn't statistically significant, but it's something to think about. There's a discussion about it in the thread on the forum.

Rofl, web client like NXT? You mean browser window client? Because our main client is no web client...

jxmhqjg

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:25:56 PM

No matter what the wallet, for most of us, one click installation wallet is a must.
I see a lot of people try to install the NXT wallet, but without understanding the manual configuration, and later gave it up.

NEM is the future
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:37:17 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 12:01:23 AM by instacash

No matter what the wallet, for most of us, one click installation wallet is a must.
I see a lot of people try to install the NXT wallet, but without understanding the manual configuration, and later gave it up.

Sure thing, no problem: http://www.nxtclient.org/#clients Wink
ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:05:55 AM

I STRONGLY agree with this.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:14:30 AM

Client have to be easily accessible, meaning that general people could adopt and use it. Notebooks and desktop computers aint nowadays even used in every household, i know many folks who just mainly use their tablets and smartphones. I dont know about rest of the world, but in Finland banks have very sophisticated clients/internetbanks and with all the NFC and other mobile payments systems, competition is fierce.
Certainly NEM have to be better than those systems of we want to create complete currency system/finance platform.
We definitely shouldn't forget about smartphone users here. It's a vast and growing market.

+1000

I think a smart device wallet should be THE focus of NEM.  Apps are the way all computers are moving.  The main stream app stores started with IOS and then Android, but even now the big players are in it.  Windows now has a app store, Mac has an App store, even Ubuntu has an app store!  And for smart devices, app stores are basically the only choice, and yes, it of course needs to be one click.  Whatever the interface, the guy from Finland makes great points.  I'll be fair, I spend a lot of time on my desktop, but people like me (and probably you are dinosaurs in a way).  I am a professor in another high tech country, and basically all of my students use their cell phones as their primary computing device.  There is no going back to the desktop after this.  The focus of the NEM client should 100% be mobile.  We need to launch with a great android app, and hopefully an IOS one too.  If not an IOS app, than a portal that can be accessed via IOS.  Yes, I know this is asking a lot.  It is also the way towards success.  

utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:32:20 AM

+1000

I think a smart device wallet should be THE focus of NEM.  Apps are the way all computers are moving.  The main stream app stores started with IOS and then Android, but even now the big players are in it.  Windows now has a app store, Mac has an App store, even Ubuntu has an app store!  And for smart devices, app stores are basically the only choice, and yes, it of course needs to be one click.  Whatever the interface, the guy from Finland makes great points.  I'll be fair, I spend a lot of time on my desktop, but people like me (and probably you are dinosaurs in a way).  I am a professor in another high tech country, and basically all of my students use their cell phones as their primary computing device.  There is no going back to the desktop after this.  The focus of the NEM client should 100% be mobile.  We need to launch with a great android app, and hopefully an IOS one too.  If not an IOS app, than a portal that can be accessed via IOS.  Yes, I know this is asking a lot.  It is also the way towards success.  

Mobile app per se is not a problem. The big question is what kind of functionality should be expected in a mobile application. Our desktop client is likely to have a big range of functionality and while making a mobile app for a simple send/ receive NEM and messages is not difficult; mobile interface would probably not be suitable for complex interaction.

So best strategy here is to make a full-feature desktop client separately from mobile applications. The questions here are that what kind of functionality do you expect for a mobile application ? send/ receive NEM; send/ receive messages what else ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:45:52 AM

+1000

Mobile app per se is not a problem. The big question is what kind of functionality should be expected in a mobile application. Our desktop client is likely to have a big range of functionality and while making a mobile app for a simple send/ receive NEM and messages is not difficult; mobile interface would probably not be suitable for complex interaction.

So best strategy here is to make a full-feature desktop client separately from mobile applications. The questions here are that what kind of functionality do you expect for a mobile application ? send/ receive NEM; send/ receive messages what else ?

I guess sending messages is important, but the client should be really slim and fast, so it shouldn't be loaded with features.

local signing of transactions
broadcasting rawTX to the servers
Sending/reading/decrypting/encrypting messages
price charts
liveticker widget

Thats it, wouldn't add more!

TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:06:47 AM

+1000

Unfortunately I think getting a cryptocurrency app of any description on the iOS App Store will be nearly impossible, because Apple can be utter bastards. However, I agree that having a good mobile app for Android from the get go would be an amazing feature for NEM. Even simple functionality such as sending/receiving NEM and sending/receiving messages would be incredible! I'd be willing to donate a portion of my stake to a bounty to get this made... Also, the design aesthetics of the NCC mockup lends itself to be easily ported to a mobile environment whilst retaining it's overall look and feel.

Maybe an Android app is something to add to the 'to do' list on the Trello board? It's definitely something that should be focussed quite a bit on.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:21:02 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 02:33:14 AM by Thingamajig

This is my take on the whole wallet/client:

1. It needs to be an offline wallet. Not like NXT. At the very least make it a hybrid of the two.

2. It absolutely, positively, has to be idiot proof. The biggest issue right now with crypto's is most people have no idea how they work, and if they attempt to get involved, give up due to not understanding how it works - this confusion puts people off becuase they naturally deem it a risk. The vast bulk of untapped users potentially are in this catagory and right now, any coin that appeals to them is going to be successful.

It's vitally important we get a coin that appeals to the wider market, and fill a cap Bitcoin just doesn't fill.

3. Quick, easy, streamlined installation, up and running in moments with a clean UI - not overly complex. Added features could be enabled under an "advanced user" option, perhaps. Don't overburden new users with many features. Keep it clean, keep it simple. If they want more advanced stuff, just give them the option of enabling it.

Either way, I know if all goes to plan and I get my stake, i'm going to be investing a large portion to efforts that make NEM fill a void most crypto's fail to do. I'd also like to see some promotion on the deep web too, because we all know the black market is where bitcoin gets the vast bulk of it's value/demand.
zjz_lgd

Activity: 173

zjz_lgd

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:29:28 AM

what is it? Can i mine it? Huh

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution, Share to moon! SbuXjdoiErjmAoGd3s4jcyEWiRifuorVv3
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:45:27 AM

This is my take on the whole wallet/client:

1. It needs to be an offline wallet. Not like NXT. At the very least make it a hybrid of the two.

2. It absolutely, positively, has to be idiot proof. The biggest issue right now with crypto's is most people have no idea how they work, and if they attempt to get involved, give up due to not understanding how it works - this confusion puts people off becuase they naturally deem it a risk. The vast bulk of untapped users potentially are in this catagory and right now, any coin that appeals to them is going to be successful.

It's vitally important we get a coin that appeals to the wider market, and fill a cap Bitcoin just doesn't fill.

3. Quick, easy, streamlined installation, up and running in moments with a clean UI - not overly complex. Added features could be enabled under an "advanced user" option, perhaps. Don't overburden new users with many features. Keep it clean, keep it simple. If they want more advanced stuff, just give them the option of enabling it.

Either way, I know if all goes to plan and I get my stake, i'm going to be investing a large portion to efforts that make NEM fill a void most crypto's fail to do. I'd also like to see some promotion on the deep web too, because we all know the black market is where bitcoin gets the vast bulk of it's value/demand.

I agree with you. Simplicity and ease of use is a vastly important (and very often overlooked) feature for any product. Take a look at Apple's ethos: simple, good looking, easy to use products are LIKED. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure that is the direction NEM is taking. Quoting from Jaguar on the Trello board:

We are really hoping to differentiate NEM on its ease of use, so all of the things you mention are important.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:50:02 AM

what is it? Can i mine it? Huh

The currency within the NEM platform ('Nemcoin') is not mineable; it's a second-generation cryptocurrency. All coins will be distributed to the ~3000 stakeholders on release of the genesis block at the end of May/June. You receive coins proportionally to how important you are in maintaining the NEM network (Proof of Importance, PoI).

If you want to get involved, there is a waiting list here which you can join. It'll be used to bring the total number of stakeholders up to ~3000 people after the removal of sockpuppets.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 03:12:44 AM

As others have mentioned, I think it needs to be as simple and clean as possible.  I would be completely happy with a first generation app that only sent/recieved NEM, sent/recieved messages, and had a price chart.  The key is to make it look good, work fast, and be cool.   This app should be free.  Ideally, I would guess the mobile app should be designed towards the first time user of cryptocurrencies.  I would contribute towards a bounty too.  That is how much I believe in this concept.

Later on, a more full featured app that has many more options can be built on top of it. 

Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: