Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:23:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 [388] 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PMC] Premine Coin | Rare | Mining Transaction Fee Proof of Concept  (Read 382860 times)
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

Bass Player

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:43:56 PM

I think PMC+ looks nice. No other coin has a '+' in its ticker, which makes this one stand out on exchanges etc.
Agree. But when go to big market?

We are at poloniex, which is quite a good exchange in my opinion already. With more exchanges we are spreading the buys even more.

We almost lost Poloniex... and we will too... Unless we get PMC+ going... then there will be a period of time where both coins can co-exist...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:48:31 PM

kbroadfoot / themightyX

If also other languages for the new coin are planned I could translate the new website from english to german.

I knew I smelled bratwurst in here.
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:54:56 PM

The idea is not to give everything away all at once.
As it is released in waves, each wave will have more publicity and more people applying for a decreasing amount of PMC. In this regard it works just like the block reward with higher difficulty resulting in less coins for each person.

Yes, because PMC already has value we are going to be giving away "free money" and a majority of people will just turn around and sell it. But many wont. Those that sell will be giving their PMC to people who believe PMC will have more value in the future, which is what we want.
Even though it is just being given away, each individual person will not have a lot of PMC, this results in less dumping because there are no "whales" per say.

When its very easy for people to obtain coins (at the start of PoW mining) you get a select few people holding a large amount of coins. This is why prices tend to tank before going up.

As for a name, PMC+ or PMCP I think would appeal to everyone (we don't want to move away from the "premine" name, only add to it).

I dont like the idea of giving the dumpers more coins to dump, which we already has done with PMC.
Do you think the dumpers wont dump, if the amount is small? Its all with the mind-set and those who are after quick money will always dump as every little helps to achieve their short term goal.
I havent seen much interest in this coin recently, when the prices has plummetted - so dont expect lot of people to buy this coin from dumpers at cheap prices.
Even though we are planning to give small amounts to individual accounts, how do we deal with sock puppet accounts?

And for the name, 'premine' kind of has a stigma associated with it in the crypto community and I would try to move away from it, if we can.
Every newbie who comes to the crypto community, will soon find out / or given advise to avoid all premine coins as most of them are scams.
If we stick with the premine term, most of the new people will  ignore this coin, just because of the name I am afraid.
Even though we are doing justice to our coin with the name, not everyone will look into the details of every coin as there are tonnes of them out there now.

Thats my 2 patoshis. Wink

I like free giveaways as it increases the user base and more people will know about the coin.
I missed the original PMC one, looking forward to this one now.

If everyone only has a fraction of an amount, the "dumping" will be very mild.
As well, the entirety of new PMC will not be given out all at once.
Obviously because we are not retarded we won't be giving any PMC+ to sock puppets or any account with less than 20 activity.
I also don't think the name is negotiable. This is not something I can just arbitrarily decide to change. we can add to the name, but not change it. Or else we are not reviving PMC, but making a completely new coin with a bonus for PMC holders.
I would say the PMC name is ironic, as none of the premine is going to the developer. PMC was the first ethical premine.
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 06:52:43 PM

The idea is not to give everything away all at once.
As it is released in waves, each wave will have more publicity and more people applying for a decreasing amount of PMC. In this regard it works just like the block reward with higher difficulty resulting in less coins for each person.

Yes, because PMC already has value we are going to be giving away "free money" and a majority of people will just turn around and sell it. But many wont. Those that sell will be giving their PMC to people who believe PMC will have more value in the future, which is what we want.
Even though it is just being given away, each individual person will not have a lot of PMC, this results in less dumping because there are no "whales" per say.

When its very easy for people to obtain coins (at the start of PoW mining) you get a select few people holding a large amount of coins. This is why prices tend to tank before going up.

As for a name, PMC+ or PMCP I think would appeal to everyone (we don't want to move away from the "premine" name, only add to it).

I dont like the idea of giving the dumpers more coins to dump, which we already has done with PMC.
Do you think the dumpers wont dump, if the amount is small? Its all with the mind-set and those who are after quick money will always dump as every little helps to achieve their short term goal.
I havent seen much interest in this coin recently, when the prices has plummetted - so dont expect lot of people to buy this coin from dumpers at cheap prices.
Even though we are planning to give small amounts to individual accounts, how do we deal with sock puppet accounts?

And for the name, 'premine' kind of has a stigma associated with it in the crypto community and I would try to move away from it, if we can.
Every newbie who comes to the crypto community, will soon find out / or given advise to avoid all premine coins as most of them are scams.
If we stick with the premine term, most of the new people will  ignore this coin, just because of the name I am afraid.
Even though we are doing justice to our coin with the name, not everyone will look into the details of every coin as there are tonnes of them out there now.

Thats my 2 patoshis. Wink

I like free giveaways as it increases the user base and more people will know about the coin.
I missed the original PMC one, looking forward to this one now.

Obviously because we are not retarded we won't be giving any PMC+ to sock puppets or any account with less than 20 activity.
I also don't think the name is negotiable. This is not something I can just arbitrarily decide to change. we can add to the name, but not change it. Or else we are not reviving PMC, but making a completely new coin with a bonus for PMC holders.
I would say the PMC name is ironic, as none of the premine is going to the developer. PMC was the first ethical premine.

If both coins remane alive I could understand calling PMC+ premiumcoin to differentiate between the two. They're still  both 'PMC' since PMC is being used to buy into PMC+. That relationship is enough to call it a PMC revival in my opinion.

Also, I think we need to push the launch date for this our at least a few weeks to give time for interest to grow.
And instead of creating an exchange, where once the coin is launched you can exchange out PMC for PMC+,
I think you should create a Proof of burn IPO where you ONLY accept PMC.

This will give PMC a nice bump in price in anticpation for the launch, give PMC+ a real starting value (the whole problem with PMC's concept to begin with) since money was invested to get initial stakes, and will also give you a great advertising opprotunity to gain more support with good headlines. "IPO is 78% complete in less than two days,CryptoCommunity demands PMC+!!"

I'd also limit the Giveaways significantly to bounties and only a few initial giveaways. No more than 5-10% of the coin. Leave the rest there for POS mining to give this coin longterm life and support. 

TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:32:22 PM

If both coins remane alive I could understand calling PMC+ premiumcoin to differentiate between the two. They're still  both 'PMC' since PMC is being used to buy into PMC+. That relationship is enough to call it a PMC revival in my opinion.

Also, I think we need to push the launch date for this our at least a few weeks to give time for interest to grow.
And instead of creating an exchange, where once the coin is launched you can exchange out PMC for PMC+,
I think you should create a Proof of burn IPO where you ONLY accept PMC.

This will give PMC a nice bump in price in anticpation for the launch, give PMC+ a real starting value (the whole problem with PMC's concept to begin with) since money was invested to get initial stakes, and will also give you a great advertising opprotunity to gain more support with good headlines. "IPO is 78% complete in less than two days,CryptoCommunity demands PMC+!!"

I'd also limit the Giveaways significantly to bounties and only a few initial giveaways. No more than 5-10% of the coin. Leave the rest there for POS mining to give this coin longterm life and support. 

Premiumcoin has nothing to do with the actual concept of the experiment so I don't think we will be going with that.

Heres my reasoning: The name "Premine" is antagonistic and actually makes people curious to know what it is. Even if initially they associate the word premine negatively, most people wonder why the coin was called premine and will spend a minute or two to check it out. You wouldn't call your coin premine if there was just a small premine of 2% or 3%. It would have to be a pretty big premine (25%, 50% 75% or 100%), and people are curious to know the details of what its for.
If only 5% of the coins are to be given away, and the rest can only be obtained by buying them with PMC1, we might as well call the coin Trade-InCoin or Cash-OutCoin. Because that is what it will be seen as, a method for PMC1 holders to cash out.

There was no "money invested to get initial stakes". It was freely distributed to anyone who asked.
I'm willing to discuss the distribution strategy with anyone who would like to. I've been in the IRC all day, and most of yesterday. But no one wants to talk to me!  Cry
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:46:42 PM

WE have hammered most details... a PMC+ is near....

Nullu, Maardien, TheMightyX  <<< These guys have the tough job....  giving away 500k PMC+ in some sort of fair manner July-Dec 2013...

Getmininginfo  is going to script us a neat PMC/destruction address where you send PMC that is signed with your PMC+ address and I get perhaps a list/email something with the Amount of PMC destroyed and the amount to send to PMC+.....

That part I think should still be done by my hand in case any shenannigans occur....

July 1st is the hoped official rollout... Giveaways will commence at that time and last through the end of the year... i.e. 6 months....

PMC to PMC+ swapping will last for exactly 1 month. Starting July first ( and earlier by message ) And will be completely transparent...
After that period the remaining swap coins will be locked away in a nice cold wallet ( or somesuch ) until the end of the giveaway period at which time we will have a second ( and last chance ) to buy PMC+ with PMC....

It may be a 'good deal' at that second time, or maybe the remaining PMC will be valuable again and no one will take up the second swap offer. But in any case we will be continuing the story of PMC ( The first 100 percent distributed coin ) and the story is a good and honorable one.

Lets do our best, and have some fun!

maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:51:46 PM

WE have hammered most details... a PMC+ is near....

Nullu, Maardien, TheMightyX  <<< These guys have the tough job....  giving away 500k PMC+ in some sort of fair manner July-Dec 2013...

Getmininginfo  is going to script us a neat PMC/destruction address where you send PMC that is signed with your PMC+ address and I get perhaps a list/email something with the Amount of PMC destroyed and the amount to send to PMC+.....

That part I think should still be done by my hand in case any shenannigans occur....

July 1st is the hoped official rollout... Giveaways will commence at that time and last through the end of the year... i.e. 6 months....

PMC to PMC+ swapping will last for exactly 1 month. Starting July first ( and earlier by message ) And will be completely transparent...
After that period the remaining swap coins will be locked away in a nice cold wallet ( or somesuch ) until the end of the giveaway period at which time we will have a second ( and last chance ) to buy PMC+ with PMC....

It may be a 'good deal' at that second time, or maybe the remaining PMC will be valuable again and no one will take up the second swap offer. But in any case we will be continuing the story of PMC ( The first 100 percent distributed coin ) and the story is a good and honorable one.

Lets do our best, and have some fun!

All sounds good. Can't wait for the revival of PMC!

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:53:02 PM

what happened to creditcoin_CRD ?

getmining.info

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:09:59 AM

He ran off but left the premine Grin

All views are my own, except those that I have subconsciously inherited from my parents and those that I have nicked from far cleverer people.
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:56:51 AM

Ok guys I need a logo for the wallet.
Should we just use the old one and add a +?
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:25:11 AM

In all fairness to creditcoin_CRD, he stuck with Premine for a long time, despite when things were looking grim. Without him there wouldn't have been any PMC at all, so much respect to the guy. I hope he returns to contribute to the project someday.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:53:42 PM

I like the logo from the android phone app... and a plus sign.

kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:31:11 PM

In all fairness to creditcoin_CRD, he stuck with Premine for a long time, despite when things were looking grim. Without him there wouldn't have been any PMC at all, so much respect to the guy. I hope he returns to contribute to the project someday.

He is still 'watching' us... apparently he has been advised to 'stay away' from crypto by a lawyer type... I hope he will return someday as well.. his baby 'PMC' will still be here even after we do what we do... not everyone will swap in everything...

maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:11:02 PM

Yes, def use that logo! Works much better in smaller form as well.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
getmining.info

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:12:39 PM

He is still 'watching' us... apparently he has been advised to 'stay away' from crypto by a lawyer type... I hope he will return someday as well.. his baby 'PMC' will still be here even after we do what we do... not everyone will swap in everything...

It was meant as a joke, play on words  Cheesy

Stay away from Crypto, why! Did he make a killing or something, lol  Tongue

All views are my own, except those that I have subconsciously inherited from my parents and those that I have nicked from far cleverer people.
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:25:49 AM

Yes, def use that logo! Works much better in smaller form as well.

This logo?

That logo is shit.

Come on, we can do better than that.
Guys I can't send this over to the developer to compile without a logo.
who did our main one?
ruthless09

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:58:03 AM

ctenc001 i believe
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:12:22 AM

I like that logo.... but I leave these things up to you  Smiley

ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 02:10:30 AM

ctenc001 i believe
if your referring to who made the logo above, I believe it was ecuamobi. He also made the android wallet.
as for who did the original logo, I can't say. It wasn't me though. I'll try and find out who sent me the files for the website. I think I have a copy of it stored somewhere if needed.
ruthless09

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:24:10 AM

ctenc001 i believe
if your referring to who made the logo above, I believe it was ecuamobi. He also made the android wallet.
as for who did the original logo, I can't say. It wasn't me though. I'll try and find out who sent me the files for the website. I think I have a copy of it stored somewhere if needed.
oops, sorry i mixed you guys up.
Pages: « 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 [388] 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 »
  Print  

Jump to: