Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:45:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:12:46 AM

my 6.72 Kw Solar system has produced 14,735Kw/h...in the last year and a half....So I would only get 14 coins for my systems work.....

But My computer with 2 GPUs that use 8.4KW/hs a day could make Thousands....

Am I missing something here?Huh??

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with renewable solar energy...only mining an altcoin with a green conscious?Huh

romang

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:18:11 AM

my 6.72 Kw Solar system has produced 14,735Kw/h...in the last year and a half....So I would only get 14 coins for my systems work.....

It's called getting in on the ground floor

If this catches on then it will be a lot harder to mine them. Plus block halving every year.

People with an old computer in 2009 could mine 1000's of bitcoins where they also missing something?

I hope this works out for every one here

BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:22:23 AM

If this catches on then it will be a lot harder to mine them. Plus block halving every year.

I got in on the ground floor 1.5 years ago when I Signed the Power purchase agreement and powered my house with solar....

Should have been 1 coin for every KW/h generated....lol...Id be solarcoin rich lol
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 03:34:24 AM

For you guys complaining about the exchanges...  The exchanges are free markets just like everything else.  For every person that dumps, there is someone buying.  The ones buying at low prices are most likely going to hold for some sort of increase.  Over due time, this will become more and more popular, creating a higher demand and there will not be enough mined coins to meet that demand.  Again the PoW system will generate the majority of the coins, NOT the mining.

Being on exchanges will give more people a chance to get them, not just miners.  If you are looking for a quick gain, it's not going to happen until the demand takes off.  It's just like any other exchange.

As the goal of this system goes into effect and more people do start to create solar energy, and the delivery of solarcoins become valuable to the solar community and general public as a whole, this coin will take off.

You cannot think short term here, you need to think LONG term.  Remember bitcoin had no value in the beginning either.  As a matter of fact, the solarcoin dev team estimate for 2014 was $0.01.  Ohh wow, we have already hit that mark...

http://wiki.solarcoin.org/index.php?title=Lower_Carbon_currency

romang

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:37:32 AM

I got in on the ground floor 1.5 years ago when I Signed the Power purchase agreement and powered my house with solar....

Should have been 1 coin for every KW/h generated....lol...Id be solarcoin rich lol

Hehe

romang

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:38:49 AM

For you guys complaining about the exchanges...  The exchanges are free markets just like everything else.  For every person that dumps, there is someone buying.  The ones buying at low prices are most likely going to hold for some sort of increase.  Over due time, this will become more and more popular, creating a higher demand and there will not be enough mined coins to meet that demand.  Again the PoW system will generate the majority of the coins, NOT the mining.

Being on exchanges will give more people a chance to get them, not just miners.  If you are looking for a quick gain, it's not going to happen until the demand takes off.  It's just like any other exchange.

As the goal of this system goes into effect and more people do start to create solar energy, and the delivery of solarcoins become valuable to the solar community and general public as a whole, this coin will take off.

You cannot think short term here, you need to think LONG term.  Remember bitcoin had no value in the beginning either.  As a matter of fact, the solarcoin dev team estimate for 2014 was $0.01.  Ohh wow, we have already hit that mark...

Totally agree

BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:46:57 AM

My solar system will only produce me 240 coins in its 20 year life....

Dont get me wrong......Solar and crypto coin.....ALL In one....Im in !!!!

I just feel I should be a head of the game alittle bit more with  a 20 year projection of only 240 coins....

Dont get me wrong here...I am a supporter of this project.....Im just thinking out loud....Should I buy Solar coins with the solar mined bitcoins?Huh What will be the long term benifit...

What is the bitcoin to solarcoin ratio at present time???

Low power asic coin should have been a better choice
Vexatious

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:52:41 AM

Fast forward 5 years when mining is essentially complete and those 14 coins start to look pretty good if we reach or exceed the target value of $20-$30 per coin. Smiley The time horizon is the key. Another important time milestone is when we reach the inflection point where the number of coins being distributed via generation crosses over and begins to exceed those being distributed through mining. How long that takes depends entirely on the success of the grant program and how efficient the foundation is in rolling that out. So far it seems to me they are on track and working very hard on that side of things. If things do go according to plan, I expect we will see that inflection point within 2-3 years. But that is just a guess. There are too many variables at play right now and too many unknowns to know exactly when that will be. It could be much sooner than that if bigger players get involved early (solar farms, etc.).

It is because of all of these factors that I am quite comfortable sitting back and taking a longer-term view of things and trying not to get caught up in the short term issues that are really just noise that will fade quickly and dissipate over time.

BTC Address: 1LKrhNXUDBZANdtqzE3Au9xjFHVCADfc9S
SolarCoin address: 8dDpPHrRBedyWBzxvbXD3paGkDjJkPRN2i
jepistons

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:58:04 AM

People are fools that will sell each slr coin under usd 1.00  which is happening now buy/mine/pow  do all three and hold for the long run  https://www.allcrypt.com/market?id=229  to buy iam going to put some btc on it soon Smiley
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:06:04 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 04:22:08 AM by BG4

Fast forward 5 years when mining is essentially complete and those 14 coins start to look pretty good if we reach or exceed the target value of $20-$30 per coin. Smiley The time horizon is the key. Another important time milestone is when we reach the inflection point where the number of coins being distributed via generation crosses over and begins to exceed those being distributed through mining. How long that takes depends entirely on the success of the grant program and how efficient the foundation is in rolling that out. So far it seems to me they are on track and working very hard on that side of things. If things do go according to plan, I expect we will see that inflection point within 2-3 years. But that is just a guess. There are too many variables at play right now and too many unknowns to know exactly when that will be. It could be much sooner than that if bigger players get involved early (solar farms, etc.).

It is because of all of these factors that I am quite comfortable sitting back and taking a longer-term view of things and trying not to get caught up in the short term issues that are really just noise that will fade quickly and dissipate over time.

Completely understood!!!...  But I mine bitcoins with solar power on P2pool...I only mine to single address and dont spent the coins....
basicly a wallet with gereration coins.... ( coins with no input ) as reward for finding blocks...I highly prized these coins as long tern investments in bitcoins......Non traceable coins.. sorta..And feel they will be worth more in the future...( with US regs and all )

So in my mine I have solar bitcoin of the generation varity.....any on know what that transfersrate is  into real solar coins?Huh?
romang

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:29:03 AM

solarcoins sell for about 1.2 cents each so one bitcoin at $468 buys you 40250 solar coins

fabula

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:44:53 PM

Disagree....
So,we are mining a crypto that now is 0.01usd and it remaing 0,01 in 2014?
Cause dev says that within 3-5 years maybe it will rise.

Well, look cryptoworld. Every dev say that in future theyr crypto will rise.
Check Aircoin,Standardcoin,ultracoin,doge....all this crypto in future will rise(dev words).

If you make your own crypto,what do you say to miner "don't mine my crypto,it will dump,it's wasted time".

We will se what's happen to solarcoin. Great potential.
But like many other crypto...vertcoin,darkcoin etc.

That's just my opinion. I'm a miner since 2 years, and noone coin was near to bitcoin till now,only litecoin follow bitcoin price, and thouuuuuuuusands of altcoin came out,some with really good project inside. Many were dead after 1 year.

I suggest nick gogerty to change the algorytm as soon as possible to be asic resistant,cause now most of new coin came asic resistant,and then,is quite simple to me. He have to release some of the 99% solarcoin pre-mine to help price to rise.

Sad but true.

Smiley

romang

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:55:43 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 01:11:24 PM by romang

Disagree....
So,we are mining a crypto that now is 0.01usd and it remaing 0,01 in 2014?
Cause dev says that within 3-5 years maybe it will rise.

Well, look cryptoworld. Every dev say that in future theyr crypto will rise.
Check Aircoin,Standardcoin,ultracoin,doge....all this crypto in future will rise(dev words).

If you make your own crypto,what do you say to miner "don't mine my crypto,it will dump,it's wasted time".

We will se what's happen to solarcoin. Great potential.
But like many other crypto...vertcoin,darkcoin etc.

That's just my opinion. I'm a miner since 2 years, and noone coin was near to bitcoin till now,only litecoin follow bitcoin price, and thouuuuuuuusands of altcoin came out,some with really good project inside. Many were dead after 1 year.

I suggest nick gogerty to change the algorytm as soon as possible to be asic resistant,cause now most of new coin came asic resistant,and then,is quite simple to me. He have to release some of the 99% solarcoin pre-mine to help price to rise.

Sad but true.

Smiley

How does releasing coins help price rise? Isn't it opposite  but I do agre we need to protect coin from the new machines about to come out in the comming months

romang

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:09:49 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 02:31:23 PM by romang

I just posted this on solarcoin.org board

250mhs

That is the rate the new machines commit out will mine 250mhs. Think of it like this my current setup is 1mhz and I get about 400 solarcoins a day mining.

Now this one machine comming out in a few months will be like having 250 of my setups in one persons hands And there is thousands Of these shipping soon. Just 2 of these machine would match our current network.

We need to protect solarcoin ASAP anyone with evil intentions could fork solarcoin etc (big oil) for conspiracy people

Please take this seriously and keep us updated every step of the way.

Thanks !

braxx

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:22:31 PM

250mhz

That is the rate the new machines commit out will mine 250mhz. Think of it like this my current setup is 1mhz and I get about 400 solarcoins a day mining.

Now this one machine comming out in a few months will be like having 250 of my setups in one persons hands And there is thousands Of these shipping soon. Just 2 of these machine would match our current network.

We need to protect solarcoin ASAP anyone with evil intentions could fork solarcoin etc (big oil) for conspiracy people

Thanks !
agreed, but it is not Mhz just Mh
fabula

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:26:13 PM

TOTALLY agree! Have to write also directly to nick gogerty.
https://twitter.com/nickgogerty
quovadiz

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:34:27 PM

250mhz

That is the rate the new machines commit out will mine 250mhz. Think of it like this my current setup is 1mhz and I get about 400 solarcoins a day mining.

Thanks !

What do you mean with 250mhz?
Are you talking abt asisc scrypt miners?
Where did you post on solarcoin board abt it?.. i couldn't find it...
Thank you.
fabula

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:16:55 PM

Well, i have already seen on cryptopool some days ashing power of 250, and also 320mh(about 250000 solar coin per day, specially first days)
So,someone already collect million of solarcoin.

Maybe it's already factory that have to try asic before shipping(cause many otheer coin pool sometimes for 24 hours get out of normal hashrate).

So, if nick change the algorytm asap is fine,if he say to not worry.....probably we will see our solarcoin reach 1 satoshi at the end of the year.

And bye bye.

Remeber that WE rule the market, not someone's in another galaxy.
So,let's all togheter ask nick to change within days the algorytm.

Smiley

romang

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:27:09 PM

250mhz

Thanks !

What do you mean with 250mhz?
Are you talking abt asisc scrypt miners?
Where did you post on solarcoin board abt it?.. i couldn't find it...
Thank you.
https://www.kncminer.com/products/titan

And the post on the message forum have to be aproved first before they show up

romang

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:27:52 PM

TOTALLY agree! Have to write also directly to nick gogerty.
https://twitter.com/nickgogerty

I do not have twitter if someone else could I would appreciate it

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: