Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:14:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061123 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:03:32 AM

I'm not the only one with this issue.

i have a same problem here, one of the miner just cannot mine in eligius pool, although i can see its speed is 1000G locally, it seems like the local time shown in miner is wrong and maybe the problem
Quoted from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.msg6157919#msg6157919

Any ideas Wiz or Luke?
Yes, I'm getting this too, the stats and graph can swing wildly at times... only over the last 4 days. Earnings and payouts still seem fine though.

Are you sure you read what I posted. If so, what you're saying is the eligius stats are prejudice to a particular machine, if you are saying it's just the stats acting up.
Apologies, I did read what you posted, but was addressing the issue about the stats choking and not reporting the same as my miner... I thought it might be related.

On a positive note, it seems the stats have been stable for the last 5 hours or so  Smiley

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:17:05 AM

Stats server is still under DDoS attack, causing some screwy stats in some random cases because of database lag from the attack.

Pool server, as usual, is not actually affected and your earnings for your accepted shares are not affected.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:39:17 PM

Stats server is still under DDoS attack, causing some screwy stats in some random cases because of database lag from the attack.

Pool server, as usual, is not actually affected and your earnings for your accepted shares are not affected.
If the DDoS is ongoing, then you are doing an awesome job! My stats are back to normal for almost 24hrs now without incident and the payout queue has caught up nicely Smiley

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:19:13 PM

If the DDoS is ongoing, then you are doing an awesome job! My stats are back to normal for almost 24hrs now without incident and the payout queue has caught up nicely Smiley

It is and has been ongoing for a while... I think 3 weeks now. Undecided

I've put some scripts in place to protect the web server a bit more and it is helping.

This weekend I will be working on a major overhaul to Eligius's back end which should help with any remaining pool side stability problems caused by these DDoS attacks.

If I have time I will try to do the same to the stats, and try to finish the remaining code needed to re-enabled namecoin payouts and do namecoin backpay.

Unfortunately I've been extremely busy all around with non-Eligius items, and the time I have been putting into Eligius has been DDoS mitigation Undecided

So, better times to come.

Some important notes:

High hash rate miners (I'll start with 10Th/sec+): Please send me a private message, email (forum name at gmail), submit a support ticket, or message me on freenode IRC with a signed message from your mining address requesting private server access if you desire it.  I plan on having a private node setup (beyond the current automated stuff) this weekend for top miners to use exclusively.  This node will have higher work difficulties and other settings best for high hash rate miners.  Will be a trial run, and we'll take it from there.  I assume all will go well though.  This server will function with the rest of the pool normally and you won't notice any difference besides potentially improved stability.  Stats and everything else remain the same.  I will say that you must be mining on Eligius at 10Th+ for at least 24 hours to qualify.

Next, this weekend the "KnC port" (12234) will be redirected to the general stratum mining port (3334).  Anyone still using port 12234 will still be able to for now, but please switch back to 3334.  The firmware issues seem to have been resolved by KnC, so, just upgrade your miners and you should be fine on the main pool.  This will prevent the KnC port failsafes (blocks that pay the cold wallet 1ChANGe address) and help the payout queue stay shorter longer (less manual payouts).

Thanks!

It's going to be a pretty nice weekend, and I'll be inside working on the pool, so... *queue death stares from g/f*  Roll Eyes

-wk

Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:33:20 PM

This openSSL stuff got me spooked. Finally made a paper wallet. And now I get to be paranoid about my house burning down, instead of my computer getting hacked.
Perhaps you should engrave it on iridium plate then Smiley
now, that, sir, is a brilliant business idea Cheesy

I'd buy it.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:12:54 AM

This openSSL stuff got me spooked. Finally made a paper wallet. And now I get to be paranoid about my house burning down, instead of my computer getting hacked.
Perhaps you should engrave it on iridium plate then Smiley
now, that, sir, is a brilliant business idea Cheesy

I'd buy it.

Sure, I'll engrave it for you.  Send over the private key plus costs. Tongue  Cool

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 2242

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:46:33 AM

Sure, I'll engrave it for you.  Send over the private key plus costs. Tongue  Cool
Actually the private key without the public is worthless, correct? As long as he keeps the public key on another plate he should be safe.

C
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:58:46 AM

Actually the private key without the public is worthless, correct? As long as he keeps the public key on another plate he should be safe.
You can calculate the public key from the private key.

freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:25:30 AM

Yep, the public key is encoded in the private key, you hand out the private key and you're in trouble  Wink

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key
The private key is mathematically related to the Bitcoin address, and is designed so that the Bitcoin address can be calculated from the private key, but importantly, the same cannot be done in reverse.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
hotdk

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:43:51 AM

Yep, the public key is encoded in the private key, you hand out the private key and you're in trouble  Wink

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key
The private key is mathematically related to the Bitcoin address, and is designed so that the Bitcoin address can be calculated from the private key, but importantly, the same cannot be done in reverse.

Is NMC OK now? I didn't get any NMC after 9/3/2014/
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:03:06 AM

It is and has been ongoing for a while... I think 3 weeks now. Undecided

I've put some scripts in place to protect the web server a bit more and it is helping.

This weekend I will be working on a major overhaul to Eligius's back end which should help with any remaining pool side stability problems caused by these DDoS attacks.

If I have time I will try to do the same to the stats, and try to finish the remaining code needed to re-enabled namecoin payouts and do namecoin backpay.

Unfortunately I've been extremely busy all around with non-Eligius items, and the time I have been putting into Eligius has been DDoS mitigation Undecided

So, better times to come.

[snip, snip]

Thanks!

It's going to be a pretty nice weekend, and I'll be inside working on the pool, so... *queue death stares from g/f*  Roll Eyes

-wk

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:52:21 AM

Damn, so many people getting their knickers in a knot about NMC.  Newflash people, it's worth basically NOTHING.  We don't need a million posts about NMC. 
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:01:22 AM

Damn, so many people getting their knickers in a knot about NMC.  Newflash people, it's worth basically NOTHING.  We don't need a million posts about NMC. 
Only if you are looking at the USD value... it has a lot of value if you look into the .bit network that is being created using them for decentralizing dns registration... I think it's very exciting.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 09:08:01 AM

Only if you are looking at the USD value... it has a lot of value if you look into the .bit network that is being created using them for decentralizing dns registration... I think it's very exciting.
At this stage nmc is just a thinly veiled excuse for eking out another few cents in profit and no one really gives a rat's arse about using it for what it was intended any more. It may as well just join the rest of the altcoins, so just accept that's all it is and move on. People want their profits.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:13:51 AM

Damn, so many people getting their knickers in a knot about NMC.  Newflash people, it's worth basically NOTHING.  We don't need a million posts about NMC.  
At this stage nmc is just a thinly veiled excuse for eking out another few cents in profit and no one really gives a rat's arse about using it for what it was intended any more. It may as well just join the rest of the altcoins, so just accept that's all it is and move on. People want their profits.
There have been some new developments at meowbit.com, that has me quite excited about it... I don't really care what the rest of the profit-seekers think  Wink

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:49:07 AM

Damn, so many people getting their knickers in a knot about NMC.  Newflash people, it's worth basically NOTHING.  We don't need a million posts about NMC.  
There have been some new developments at meowbit.com, that has me quite excited about it... I don't really care what the rest of the profit-seekers think  Wink

Maybe I'm reading wrong... but isn't NMC part of the +5% PPS quoted in the title?

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:29:51 PM

Maybe I'm reading wrong... but isn't NMC part of the +5% PPS quoted in the title?

M
Yup, afaik it's the whole 5%, but only if you've entered a NMC address in MyEligius.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:40:33 PM

M
Yup, afaik it's the whole 5%, but only if you've entered a NMC address in MyEligius.

That's what I thought.  It's also only if you receive it.  That's why people keep asking about it. Smiley

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
baddw

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:05:14 AM

M

That's what I thought.  It's also only if you receive it.  That's why people keep asking about it. Smiley

M

Just to clarify, the "105% PPS NMC" refers only to NMC mining.  The 5% isn't an extra 5% Namecoin on top of 100% Bitcoin, it's 105% Namecoin.  BTC mining is paid out per CPPSRB.  Namecoin merged mining pays out 105% because many miners don't bother to set up their namecoin payouts, so there's more to be distributed among those who do set it up. 

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
babaji.ca

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:38:57 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 02:54:04 AM by babaji.ca

actually first thing i did with the first coin i mined was to register a domain.... too bad you it's still not really a 'viable thing' without setting up proxies etc...
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: