Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:22:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352319 times)
UKGunner

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:07:15 PM

How about getting in touch with some of the big donation websites like http://www.globalgiving.org/, just google "donation websites" there are a few if you manage to get a few of them on board taking Karmacoin would be a great way to get the word out. I cant see any reason why they would not want to take the coin as is it just another way for people to get money to them for good causes.

Dopecoin - In Anonymity We Trust. 4HfAmTL8oDq851kY17EaQeEEq97pTTsdBu  
CinniCoin The Future Is Now. JVgfbKMk9MrdwZry7X6iCTunTtdS2h1fYP
jwcplanet

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:16:33 PM

How about the dev focuses on the development, the designers and marketers focus on the design and marketing, and other people focus on their respective roles?

I think 5-6 people should do the trick

We need 1 or 2 people given the authority to coordinate and manage this project and make things happen.

Let's get this over 200 satoshi! Together, we can make this happen.

sounds right.
candidate Karmashians?:
El3k0n
ShawnLeary
jtpeters
Alphi
jwcplanet
karmazaki
ptman

I can create a private forum for the leadership at karmacointalk.org if that works?

http://karmacointalk.org - Karmacoin Community Forum
Donate KARMA: KJjM7sMu9NgW5JoWMqxpypuymPhGjjmiZU
Donate BTC: 1M6tMBrDARDVVx8YgDapu4PyJ5JakvZY3G
Karmagood (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:18:34 PM

How about getting in touch with some of the big donation websites like http://www.globalgiving.org/, just google "donation websites" there are a few if you manage to get a few of them on board taking Karmacoin would be a great way to get the word out. I cant see any reason why they would not want to take the coin as is it just another way for people to get money to them for good causes.

That is a good idea.  I personally want us to sponsor specific initiatives of Doing Good.
I already have a Foundation that makes donations. I like to give to things where i can see the change.
Is there something specific that Globalgiving is working on that you personally care about?  We could get behind that - but it has to mean something to you!
Karmachanging.
UKGunner

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:52:16 PM

That is a good idea.  I personally want us to sponsor specific initiatives of Doing Good.
I already have a Foundation that makes donations. I like to give to things where i can see the change.
Is there something specific that Globalgiving is working on that you personally care about?  We could get behind that - but it has to mean something to you!
Karmachanging.

I have no specific cause there are many there that are worth it, maybe a weekly or monthly community vote could be done through the website or here. Could list a amount of causes from that site or any other place with many causes, setup a bounty address for the community to donate through and then at the end of the poll send the donation through to the winner. Or get some type of plugin that sites like that could use to have Karmacoin donated directly through there website you never know if some big charity like Cancer Research or Oxfam had a plugin on there pages to donate Karmacoin it would get out to millions of people.

Just a few ideas to try help the coin and spread some good

Dopecoin - In Anonymity We Trust. 4HfAmTL8oDq851kY17EaQeEEq97pTTsdBu  
CinniCoin The Future Is Now. JVgfbKMk9MrdwZry7X6iCTunTtdS2h1fYP
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:55:26 PM

I'm hanging in the #karmacoingood channel on the chat.freenode.net if anyone wants to chat and throw some more ideas around.

SL

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
ShawnLeary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:59:22 PM

Karmachanging.

I like www.patronsofthehearts.org, they bring kids to Wolfon's Children's Hospital, Jacksonville, FL for lifesaving cardiac procedures from underprivileged parts of the world.  Think its around $5k to sponsor a child.  I will talk to the founders and see if they are interested, could be a good option.  Its a direct individual child that gets saved and then they go back to their country and become an ambassador of good will, and good karma?  Grin

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:52:35 PM

uuu ..  why don't i see me name on that list?  i've been promoting this coin nonstop. Since the begging Wink
dukektm

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:05:19 PM

nice logo karma coin...power coin

ptman

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:21:18 PM

This coin is gonna be big :-)
Lots of interesting ideas being discussed!

How can a coin with 155 thread pages be worth 1 satoshi!!!

I expect 10+ satoshi in a week time.

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
ShawnLeary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:48:09 AM

What killed us was the mining profitability was based on coinmarket.io.  When they paused trading last week its basically killed the volume and price.  I don't have my finger on the pulse of the miners but I can imagine with they flooded the market to unload their karma it dropped the price and a few chicken littles did as well.  We are barely a month old, we are working out the kinks and will get the Karma train back on the tracks soon!

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:43:12 AM

How about the dev focuses on the development, the designers and marketers focus on the design and marketing, and other people focus on their respective roles?

I think 5-6 people should do the trick

We need 1 or 2 people given the authority to coordinate and manage this project and make things happen.

Let's get this over 200 satoshi! Together, we can make this happen.

sounds right.
candidate Karmashians?:
El3k0n
ShawnLeary
jtpeters
Alphi
jwcplanet
karmazaki
ptman

if you guys have read form the beggining. #karmateam is the IRC chat i created to brainstorm before. you're all welcome to come there and lets discuss strategies
jtpeters

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:08:53 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 03:23:13 AM by jtpeters

@karmacoingood

I know the natural inclination for this sort of organic development goes against the following, but it would really help us to get organized and work efficiently. Let me know your thoughts:

1) Decide on the mission statement and make everyone clear about the direction of Karmacoin.

2) Brainstorm to put together a short list of all the things that we need to do in the next 3-6 months. Take a look at other successful and up-and-coming coins (Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Reddcoin, etc) and see what can be borrowed.

3) Get volunteers to take ownership of a part of the task list and have them set their own deadlines and sub-tasks. Even if they can't do it themselves, they can make it their job to find someone to do it.

4) Centralize the task list (I recommend Zoho Projects or some other efficient system)

5) Nominate one person to manage the task list and make sure things get done, and the list is thorough and organized.

6) Regularly communicate on every Karmacoin channel about what we're up to

I know it sounds a bit bureaucratic, but getting organized I think is our first priority. Otherwise, our progress will be exceedingly slow. We still haven't seemed to decide on a logo, slogan, brand, mission statement, etc., because we are not yet organized. It is the difference between success and failure. If we succeed without being organized, that's just luck.

After that, I think the priority is to polish the website to make it more user-friendly and easier to find out what Karmacoin is about and navigate the website.

Some notes about design and branding

We need 1 or 2 people that have experience in website UX and/or graphic design/marketing to make decisions related to UX and design/marketing. (Alternatively, putting together a contest on 99designs and tweaking the submissions as we go along.) We then need to survey 10+ people that 1) are not a part of Karmacoin but may possibly be in future; 2) our target market, to find out how they feel about Karmacoin from the logo/brand

If we have a couple of people here designing and working to continually please a large number of non-designers who have every manner of concerns about design, progress will be nearly impossible.

We're a coin, but "Karmacoin" is still a brand and should be treated as any global brand would be. This is perhaps the most important decision we'll make, and one that needs to be done quickly. Whenever the democratic process is inserted into design decisions chaos ensues. This is what has happened to us. The only voting that should take place is surveying people that do not yet have a stake in Karmacoin. (non-technical people that will be the greatest majority of future users)

In the following link, Marissa Meyer of Yahoo chronicles what happened when they did the same thing that Karmacoin did. The result? A bad logo that was out of touch with what users wanted:  http://marissamayr.tumblr.com/post/60336044815/geeking-out-on-the-logo. Read "Yahoo's Branding Disaster" here: http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2013/09/yahoos-branding-disaster/

Here, a few people got together to do a memorial for the Jewish Holocaust, and ended up creating a memorial in comic sans font (!) http://fontsinuse.com/uses/2274/war-memorial-in-geffen-nl

Good design will cost a few hundred dollars, but bad design (out of touch with target market) will end up costing us a lot more.
Karmagood (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:09:38 AM

@karmacoingood

I know the natural inclination for this sort of organic development goes against the following, but it would really help us to get organized and work efficiently. Let me know your thoughts:

1) Decide on the mission statement and make everyone clear about the direction of Karmacoin.

2) Brainstorm to put together a short list of all the things that we need to do in the next 3-6 months. Take a look at other successful and up-and-coming coins (Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Reddcoin, etc) and see what can be borrowed.

3) Get volunteers to take ownership of a part of the task list and have them set their own deadlines and sub-tasks. Even if they can't do it themselves, they can make it their job to find someone to do it.

4) Centralize the task list (I recommend Zoho Projects or some other efficient system)

5) Nominate one person to manage the task list and make sure things get done, and the list is thorough and organized.

6) Regularly communicate on every Karmacoin channel about what we're up to

I know it sounds a bit bureaucratic, but getting organized I think is our first priority. Otherwise, our progress will be exceedingly slow. We still haven't seemed to decide on a logo, slogan, brand, mission statement, etc., because we are not yet organized. It is the difference between success and failure. If we succeed without being organized, that's just luck.

After that, I think the priority is to polish the website to make it more user-friendly and easier to find out what Karmacoin is about and navigate the website.

Some notes about design and branding

We need 1 or 2 people that have experience in website UX and/or graphic design/marketing to make decisions related to UX and design/marketing. (Alternatively, putting together a contest on 99designs and tweaking the submissions as we go along.) We then need to survey 10+ people that 1) are not a part of Karmacoin but may possibly be in future; 2) our target market, to find out how they feel about Karmacoin from the logo/brand

If we have a couple of people here designing and working to continually please a large number of non-designers who have every manner of concerns about design, progress will be nearly impossible.

We're a coin, but "Karmacoin" is still a brand and should be treated as any global brand would be. This is perhaps the most important decision we'll make, and one that needs to be done quickly. Whenever the democratic process is inserted into design decisions chaos ensues. This is what has happened to us. The only voting that should take place is surveying people that do not yet have a stake in Karmacoin. (non-technical people that will be the greatest majority of future users)

In the following link, Marissa Meyer of Yahoo chronicles what happened when they did the same thing that Karmacoin did. The result? A bad logo that was out of touch with what users wanted:  http://marissamayr.tumblr.com/post/60336044815/geeking-out-on-the-logo. Read "Yahoo's Branding Disaster" here: http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2013/09/yahoos-branding-disaster/

Here, a few people got together to do a memorial for the Jewish Holocaust, and ended up creating a memorial in comic sans font (!) http://fontsinuse.com/uses/2274/war-memorial-in-geffen-nl

Good design will cost a few hundred dollars, but bad design (out of touch with target market) will end up costing us a lot more.

Hey jpeters.  I am going to sleep now.  What role do you want?  Can we start up on this at 9a EST on IRQ tomorrow morning?
jtpeters

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:12:52 AM

sure, we can chat about it later.
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:27:31 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 06:53:19 AM by Alphi

What killed us was the mining profitability was based on coinmarket.io.  When they paused trading last week its basically killed the volume and price.  I don't have my finger on the pulse of the miners but I can imagine with they flooded the market to unload their karma it dropped the price and a few chicken littles did as well.  We are barely a month old, we are working out the kinks and will get the Karma train back on the tracks soon!

yeah the scrypt mining market is pretty much lead by the behemoth multipools. They basically switch to mine whichever coin has the highest profitability based on Price v Difficulty. a lot of them dump straight to BTC too so they put downward pressure on the price of any coin they mine. the thing about multipools is though that they seem to go for whatever is the highest price and not the coins with the best value.

a coin that is super easy to mine and could be worth 10 times next week is not even considered against coins that are much harder to mine but bring in more BTC right now. If you are a small fish like me.. what you don't want to do is follow the big fish because all you end up with is scraps...
better to find a place where the big fish aren't.. so you can get your fill. When the profitability of Karma goes back up, the behemoths will be all over this coin and so it will be difficult to mine... so better to mine it now and sell later if your goal is to make money.

This is why there are still people mining this coin now even though it doesn't look as profitable as some of the other coins.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
karmazaki

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:34:15 AM

please note that we have a brainstorm group in facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/271137736388047/
Evolvo

Activity: 528

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 08:43:12 AM

If only there was a Karma Nation that this would be the official currency of, then we could catch some of the glow of Aurora coin and Maza coin.   Grin

Кpиптoвaлютный фoнд "Pyбyc" - https://rubus.fund/partner/273
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:48:07 AM

If only there was a Karma Nation that this would be the official currency of, then we could catch some of the glow of Aurora coin and Maza coin.   Grin

look at the volumes. silly orders. those coins are simply a joke. don't let the hype fool ya. always look at volumes. then graphs.

You can tell that those coins are being used to hype, pump and dump.
Evolvo

Activity: 528

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:05:50 AM

look at the volumes. silly orders. those coins are simply a joke. don't let the hype fool ya. always look at volumes. then graphs.

You can tell that those coins are being used to hype, pump and dump.

I was joking  Grin

Кpиптoвaлютный фoнд "Pyбyc" - https://rubus.fund/partner/273
josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:39:58 AM

Nice coin.

Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: