Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:08:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] 1.45 BTC Antminer S1 180GH/S Shipps on Feb 13 (Price Protection)  (Read 63529 times)
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 10:24:39 PM

Thats not really true anymore. Most 80+ gold/plat PSUs have only a 1-3% drop off in efficiency between 50% and 80% load, with another 1-2% at 80-90% load.

Hence ideal power efficiency.  But 1-5% of a power bill can be significant.  5-20% even worse if people are buying low rated PSUs when compared to a gold or platinum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlexeyK

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:53:07 PM

I'm about to pull the plug on a bunch of these. The only thing holding me back is because the way my apartment is setup I'd have to have sets of three S1's in three different rooms and don't want to have have ethernet cables running all over the place. I see that they have wireless capabilities, but I haven't been able to find out any information about that, except that I may have to buy an antenna. Can anyone chime in and give me a breakdown of using these with wifi?

you will need antenna if WIFI router not close enough .WIFI connection less stable than Ethernet but you can use it .

it pretty easy to configure it . i can help .

if you think that i deserve it
185h9KXxW2Efx6ynFM61ydUKsRNaVWUobs
or GLC -  GQjVzfk3k8gb3Cy65mBUf4ADkNNTRHgsx8
jimmyl

Activity: 211

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:54:27 PM

Thats not really true anymore. Most 80+ gold/plat PSUs have only a 1-3% drop off in efficiency between 50% and 80% load, with another 1-2% at 80-90% load.

Hence ideal power efficiency.  But 1-5% of a power bill can be significant.  5-20% even worse if people are buying low rated PSUs when compared to a gold or platinum.

Hi there,

Possible to give a URL link to a suitable PSU?

Thanks!

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:33:23 PM

It's very tempting...though I have some thoughts.

Per spec, an S1 draws 360W at the wall @ 180GH/s (2W/GH/s).

According to my own benchmark on the U1 clocked at 2GH/s, it draws 3.2W at the wall (1.6W/GH/s).  Therefore, 90 U1s yielding a similar hash rate as an S1 (90 x 2GH/s = 180GH/s) would collectively draw only 288W at the wall (90 x 3.2W = 288W).

You're comparing U1s clocked at 250MHz to an S1 clocked at 350MHz.  The chip voltage is probably different also.

I assume the U1s are set that way to stay within the 500mA limit for USB-powered devices. (The U1 default clockspeed is actually 200MHz.)

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:40:01 PM

At least make sure you are running on 240 V.  Another few percent improvement from that at almost no cost.

Powering the ANT S1:

Looks like 360Watts for the standard clocks and 480Watts overclocked.  Here is a formula for those who pay for electricity to properly power the ANT for the LOWEST cost.  (Aside from just hosting with sushi Smiley

Efficiency numbers are based on http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80pluspowersupplies.aspx

For an 80 Plus Platinum power supply the best efficiency is around 50% load and must be at least 92% efficient:

Standard clocks: 360W/50%(peak efficiency point)/92%(efficiency at peak) =782W.
For standard clocks on an 80Plus Platinum certified PSU you would want a 750 or 800 Watt power supply.  You can lookup the model of the PSU on plugloadsolutions and find a graph of the efficiency of the particular model to find the best load efficiency.

Overclocked: 480W/50%/92% = 1043W
For Overclocked ANT on an 80Plus Platinum certified PSU you would want a 1050 watt power supply.

RAILS:
If you get a single rail PSU you don't need to worry.
If you get a balanced dual rail PSU make sure the two rails are of equal load and you MAY not need to worry.  Personally I wouldn't risk it as the ANT is two separate blades and may not draw power evenly.
If you have more than two rails on the PSU.  Find the nearest garbage can and throw it away.

I'll gladly run numbers on different models of power supplies or ratings or be told that this info is completely wrong by someone smarter than me.

This is not minimum power requirements this is the cheapest electric cost power formula for those worried about power bills.

EDIT: that last division point for the efficiency is proly wrong Smiley
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:10:23 AM

At least make sure you are running on 240 V.  Another few percent improvement from that at almost no cost.

Powering the ANT S1:

Looks like 360Watts for the standard clocks and 480Watts overclocked.  Here is a formula for those who pay for electricity to properly power the ANT for the LOWEST cost.  (Aside from just hosting with sushi Smiley

Efficiency numbers are based on http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80pluspowersupplies.aspx

For an 80 Plus Platinum power supply the best efficiency is around 50% load and must be at least 92% efficient:

For standard clocks on an 80Plus Platinum certified PSU you would want a 750 or 800 Watt power supply.  You can lookup the model of the PSU on plugloadsolutions and find a graph of the efficiency of the particular model to find the best load efficiency.

For Overclocked ANT on an 80Plus Platinum certified PSU you would want a 1050 watt power supply.

RAILS:
If you get a balanced dual rail PSU make sure the two rails are of equal load and you MAY not need to worry.  Personally I wouldn't risk it as the ANT is two separate blades and may not draw power evenly.
If you have more than two rails on the PSU.  Find the nearest garbage can and throw it away.

I'll gladly run numbers on different models of power supplies or ratings or be told that this info is completely wrong by someone smarter than me.

This is not minimum power requirements this is the cheapest electric cost power formula for those worried about power bills.

Not only that % increase, but I have found across my entire farm, less hw errors, and less crashes. Could be placebo, but you never know.
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 01:35:21 AM

240 is pretty rare for home miners in the US. 

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:09:57 AM

Powering the ANT S1:

RAILS:

Why not join the rails together ?

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 02:18:47 AM

Reason 1: there are fire codes where I host my miners.
Reason 2: I pay over $1,000 USD for miners
Reason 3: see reasons 1 & 2
Reason 4: NO
Reason 5: A good PSU will last a long time and give less "Mystery Issues" which occur with cheap PSU's

I've run my corsair AX1200's for over three years.  Over a dozen PSU's up to 110% load 24/7.  I've never had a power issue aside from melting sockets killo-watts and power cords which is negligible especially in a halon environment.

miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 02:22:56 AM

Hi there,

Thanks!

Overclocked: http://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-SS-1050XM-1050-Power-Supply/dp/B00607JL5C

Not-Overclocked: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Professional-Modular-Platinum-AX760/dp/B00A0HZMEM

There are lower models that will work.  An 8 plus gold/platinum with a single 12v rail is a good bet.  You can find the ratings at plugloadsolutions and the rail type on the manufacturer site or newegg.

Inglewood will get you a 10% discount off amazon if you pay in BTC.

southerngentuk

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:30:18 AM

Reason 1: there are fire codes where I host my miners.
Reason 2: I pay over $1,000 USD for miners
Reason 3: see reasons 1 & 2
Reason 4: NO
Reason 5: A good PSU will last a long time and give less "Mystery Issues" which occur with cheap PSU's

I've run my corsair AX1200's for over three years.  Over a dozen PSU's up to 110% load 24/7.  I've never had a power issue aside from melting sockets killo-watts and power cords which is negligible especially in a halon environment.

http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-a-Computer-ATX-Power-Supply-to-a-Lab-Power-Supply

Am not sayin you should, just looking for opinon..

lets say you have 1 Rail @ 60A
or 3 rails @20A

Protection overall is still 60A
Not sure total overclocked current per card but lets say its 30A
Install a 30A inline fuse for each card. Would that not increase the protection of your hardware ?

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
jimmyl

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:51:56 AM

Hi there,

Thanks!

Overclocked: http://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-SS-1050XM-1050-Power-Supply/dp/B00607JL5C

Not-Overclocked: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Professional-Modular-Platinum-AX760/dp/B00A0HZMEM

There are lower models that will work.  An 8 plus gold/platinum with a single 12v rail is a good bet.  You can find the ratings at plugloadsolutions and the rail type on the manufacturer site or newegg.

Inglewood will get you a 10% discount off amazon if you pay in BTC.

Thanks a lot.

I did some research and came up with these. Prices in Singapore dollars. So I would need a 1000W for this?
Seasonic X-1050 80+ Gold/Full Modular $299
Seasonic X-1250 $369
Seasonic platinum 1000w $325
Corsair RM1000 $269

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:09:16 AM

I just bit the bullet and ordered one. Would a EVGA 600 B 80 PLUS BRONZE 600watt psu work for one overclocked. it is a single rail and says +12V@49A.
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 03:11:42 AM

Thanks a lot.

I did some research and came up with these. Prices in Singapore dollars. So I would need a 1000W for this?
Seasonic X-1250 $369
Corsair RM1000 $269

Again this is for IDEAL power usage which may only be a 1-5% advantage so keep in mind if your annual power cost for 400-500 watts is less than the difference between a 500W power supply and a 1000 watt power supply you may be spending money you don't have to.  But who doesn't need an awesome 1000W PSU Smiley

So if you pay $0.25 per Kwh (.25*.48*24*365) = $1051.20 per year

Platinum 1000 92.54% = $1135.94
The 1050 is 91.04% = $1154.65
The 1250 is 91.40% = $1149.89
The corsair is 91.34% = $1150.64

For comparison A bronze rated corsair CX500 for $59.99 USD would run about 82.82% = $1269.25

Again.  Feel free to correct anything that may be wrong here.

miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 03:16:07 AM

I just bit the bullet and ordered one. Would a EVGA 600 B 80 PLUS BRONZE 600watt psu work for one overclocked. it is a single rail and says +12V@49A.

Yes.  I believe those are pretty reasonably priced as well?

You'd be at about %84 efficiency.  Details

southerngentuk

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:44:11 AM

Ok, lets see if I have this.

So running stock : -

The Ant is two cards pulling 360W @ the wall so lets assume 30A Total

If your PSU has 2 x Rails that's 15A per Rail

If your PSU has 1 x Rail your looking for the full 30A

Obviously more is better and efficiency needs to be considered so 20A per rail if you have a Double rail or 40A for a Single rail is probably Ideal.

Am not too bothered on power costs as this will probably only be worth running for about 4 months, so energy saving versus PSU cost is not my priority.

So how much xtra for Overclocking  anyone found a concrete answer to watts@ the wall overclocked ?

Edit: when looking @ each rail there are some shockingly bad PSU's on the market, no wonder people have been having issues with these Ants.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
jimmyl

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:02:34 AM

Thanks a lot.

Seasonic X-1250 $369
Corsair RM1000 $269

Again this is for IDEAL power usage which may only be a 1-5% advantage so keep in mind if your annual power cost for 400-500 watts is less than the difference between a 500W power supply and a 1000 watt power supply you may be spending money you don't have to.  But who doesn't need an awesome 1000W PSU Smiley

So if you pay $0.25 per Kwh (.25*.48*24*365) = $1051.20 per year

Platinum 1000 92.54% = $1135.94
The 1050 is 91.04% = $1154.65
The 1250 is 91.40% = $1149.89
The corsair is 91.34% = $1150.64

For comparison A bronze rated corsair CX500 for $59.99 USD would run about 82.82% = $1269.25

Again.  Feel free to correct anything that may be wrong here.

Wow! Great analysis!
So if I get the 1050, I can run 2 Antminer? Even overclocked?

Thanks again

miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 04:09:25 AM

Wow! Great analysis!
So if I get the 1050, I can run 2 Antminer? Even overclocked?

Thanks again

It will be tight but yes you could run two at a ~88.36% efficiency. 

I think I said it here, I've run the corsairs and seasonics long term at over 100% load and they push some serious heat but they also push out reliable power 24/7 so I would personally be OK running two overclocked on a 1050. 

mijanur

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:21:08 AM

Hi sushi, i have spent almost £5k on "your" previous GBs could you answer my query??

You offered discounts on returning customers on your recent Group buys...but for some reason you never gave discounts to your customers from your first few Group buys.

In your GB7 you said you will come up with something on GroupBuy 8....still waiting...

I have had no problems with your delivery times and your Tech Support is great.

I want to order 3-4 more, but out of principal im holding back.

Reserve two pls

and any updates on;
This time I had to scarify everyone's equal discount vs last minute price drop to protect some of the group members by using Purchasing Power from the Group Buy...

The next group buy, I will try to give discount or benefit to all the members!!

SUSHI

People that paid 4.25 and 3.15 BTC will have no discount?HuhHuhHuh
PaintShopPro6

Activity: 150

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:31:22 AM

Over clocked antminer will pull about 480-560W depends on the PSU you use...  It could be possible but pushing the limit

is it possible to run an S1 overclocked with a erupter cube on a TX850M psu? If so I am in for an S1

Using a gold rated EVGA 1300 G2 (1300 watt) PSU, I have two S1's fully OC'd to 200 GH/s pulling only 750 Watts combined. Going with a gold-rated PSU makes a big difference.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: